Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

That looks horrendous! I would be really unhappy if I had to look at that during my vacation.

When I sent my fax request in, that wasn't like that... and of course after I had already sent it in, I started seeing those pics posted, ha. Oh well.

I just stayed in Jamaica. Was talking to a housekeeping person who was hanging out in the Jamaica bus stop checking w the guests for feedback during the morning. I asked about the construction. Apparently, it’s to reinforce the ground in case the have to use the rescue ladder to get people out of the skyliner.

That's what I've been reading too. Some kind of additional ground support.

We asked the workers what they were working on when we were there. After joking around saying they were digging a swimming pool, they said they were replacing trees. My guess was that they didn't want those tall trees near the Skyliner path.

I also heard this, but some of the photos the ground is REALLY dug up... more than a normal tree cut and stump grinding (do they grind palm tree stumps?)... I'm not there yet of course but based on the pics I've seen, it seems like both things are going on at the same time, but the really big excavated portions are for the skyliner stuff....?

I'll snap some photos on Saturday or Sunday morning if I can...

Yeah, it’s all torn up. I was in bldg 44 Jamaica. Fencing everywhere. I didn’t spend much time hanging out at the resort since the weather was crap most of this week.

Sounds like it's still quite a mess. You would think that there would be significant discounts. Yes, it is still cheaper than POR, but not by enough to make up for the construction.

Sounds like it's still quite a mess. You would think that there would be significant discounts. Yes, it is still cheaper than POR, but not by enough to make up for the construction.

My rate for the upcoming week is $147/night with the exception of Friday and Saturday. I think POR was going to be 220. However up until last week the islands were all in fine shape, I wasn't expecting this recent thing.

My rate for the upcoming week is $147/night with the exception of Friday and Saturday. I think POR was going to be 220. However up until last week the islands were all in fine shape, I wasn't expecting this recent thing.

My weekend rate in April with a AP discount is still $300 a night, which is pretty ridiculous.

Our rate was $177/night for this weekend

My wife and I are arriving at CBR on Feb 10th-15th. We booked a standard room. Should we be concerned about this new construction? We had initially booked POR but changed to CBR after hearing the construction was completed.

My wife and I are arriving at CBR on Feb 10th-15th. We booked a standard room. Should we be concerned about this new construction? We had initially booked POR but changed to CBR after hearing the construction was completed.
IMO, I would switch back to POR if it’s still available. The walkways were really narrow over by Jamaica and it felt really weird walking through high fences

We just returned from a week at CBR. We have stayed here in the past and was really looking forward to see all the updates. Overall we had a great time, but there were some issues. I had requested either Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 and was excited to the text that we were out in Jamaica 45. However once we got there we realized that there was a ton of construction going on in that area. Side walks were blocked and fences everywhere. It looked like there were starting to run new pipes or something in the ground. Plus none of the outlets worked in the room. We called to see if we could move rooms and they were able to move us a few buildings down in Jamaica. It was further from the bridge but no construction was going on so we were happy. If you are going soon I wouldn't request either Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 due to all the construction. Other than that we loved it. Buses were fine besides one morning going to MK. Took almost 35 minutes to get a bus. The food was good and love the new layout of the food court and lobby. Definitely will be back once the gondolas are completed.

Yeah, we booked CBR after hearing the construction was done too (with the exception of skyliner). Our trip is early April - I think we paid about $200 per night.

$300?! I would never pay that for a moderate. What kind of room did you book?

It was preferred, which was all that was available. And that was with a discount. The rate during our trip varies between $196 for weeknights to $305 for weekends. It's ridiculous.

Our rate was $177/night for this weekend

It's interesting how wildly varying the rates are. I just looked because I couldn't remember what the weekend rate I got was for the Friday and Saturday dates, and it's $210. I know it's all based on discounts, date popularity and all that.

We just returned from a week at CBR. We have stayed here in the past and was really looking forward to see all the updates. Overall we had a great time, but there were some issues. I had requested either Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 and was excited to the text that we were out in Jamaica 45. However once we got there we realized that there was a ton of construction going on in that area. Side walks were blocked and fences everywhere. It looked like there were starting to run new pipes or something in the ground. Plus none of the outlets worked in the room. We called to see if we could move rooms and they were able to move us a few buildings down in Jamaica. It was further from the bridge but no construction was going on so we were happy. If you are going soon I wouldn't request either Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 due to all the construction. Other than that we loved it. Buses were fine besides one morning going to MK. Took almost 35 minutes to get a bus. The food was good and love the new layout of the food court and lobby. Definitely will be back once the gondolas are completed.
Oh my goodness - so glad I looked at this! We have 15 rooms booked here for our school group and I requested those buildings last time and received them. We love Jamaica bus stop as well. So.... is 43 and 44 ok to ask for? We will be there Spring Break.

It was preferred, which was all that was available. And that was with a discount. The rate during our trip varies between $196 for weeknights to $305 for weekends. It's ridiculous.
That is ridiculous! Are there not other resorts for cheaper?

That is ridiculous! Are there not other resorts for cheaper?

I'm sure it's because of Spring Break because it's actually cheaper to go in June than to go in April. We only paid slightly more for a room at AKL last Summer! There are no cheaper rooms other than values.

I'm sure it's because of Spring Break because it's actually cheaper to go in June than to go in April. We only paid slightly more for a room at AKL last Summer! There are no cheaper rooms other than values.
Wow that stinks. Did you book through Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter