Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks! But isn't post #23 old?

There is a little side market at OPR that has snacks, pre-prepared food, and coolers with a good variety beer and wine options too, grab and go style I guess. Some good options for craft beer too, if that's your thing and don't get many breweries from the eastern part of the country. I think the Calypso Merch Market in the area had a smaller selection of both beer and wine too but I can't remember specifically.

There's a pretty good selection of craft beers too. But they change, even a couple times during our 7 night stay, so I didn't list what kind they were as they will most likely be different.

Yeah only Cigar City Brewing seems to be consistant on the craft side. The other options changed but seemed good. The taps at all the different places around the resort can go back to the room too and have great options. Results may vary on how much is left by the time you arrive.

Just got back from our first stay and we loved it. We were in Aruba 54, facing the parking lot but with some greenery between the two. It was a great location for the Aruba bus stop/pool/laundry. It was only about a minute or two walk to the freestyle machine in building 55. We didn't like the walk to the food court/main pool, but it wasn't horrible (I didn't time it but would say it took me about 8-10 minutes), but we didn't need to use that often anyway. We did find on our last day or two that you could shortcut through the Aruba pool, and through the little playground to save some steps and a little time. I'd rather have the location for the things we used more often that I mentioned previously so our location ended up pretty perfect for us. Some thoughts:

Room ready text: I put that I'd be there at 11 (figured it'd be noon but hoped it would help it be ready sooner), and got the text at 1045).

Parking: our first time driving, and it was nice. We could take our stuff we weren't using back to the car, and had some snacks/water at our disposal. We had two cars, and somehow didn't get charged for either to park. Maybe because we didn't go in/out? Not sure.

Buses: this was one of my major concerns with a huge resort, but we didn't have any issues. Two mornings we did have a little long wait, but we got on. There was only one time I didn't see everyone get on. That was Friday for MK EMH. The bus took about 25 minutes from when we got there, and there were probably 10 people that didn't get on. We did have to stand most mornings, but afternoons we didn't. Having a separate bus for Jamaica/Aruba works well. It's a long wait after a long day to get off at Aruba, but it's nice leaving the resort right after getting on.

Pull down bed: I've seen questions about it, and adults can use it. I'm 6'2 near 300 pounds and I slept on it all week, and I slept perfectly. It wasn't planned that way, but thats just how it worked out. What I did was there is a little space between the pull down part and the cabinet beside it that houses the fridge. I just shoved a pillow in there (it rested on the bench part that was still visible), and put another pillow on top of that, so my head was pretty much against the cabinet. My feet did hang off a bit, but I could stretch out and I just hit the cabinet on the other side for support. But I sleep on my side mostly, so I curl my legs up a little most the time.

Pre-order food: this isn't just for the resort, but this was great. it really was a huge timesaver. Most times we used it there were long lines to get food. We put our order in, and as we were walking to the place we tapped we are here. By the time we got there, our food was ready. It was really a great feature, and can't believe more people don't use it.

Pools: they say the pools are heated the same, but the Aruba pool was definitely colder than the main pool. We didn't swim much this trip, but did enjoy the quiet of the Aruba pool. There was just too many people in the main pool when we did have time to swim the most (although it was last Saturday and it was 82). I honestly can't remember what time the main pool closed (but thinking it was 8, maybe 9). The hours posted for the Aruba pool on the inside said 11, but it was unlocked all the time. It was too cold to swim at night, but if it was nicer I would've stayed in there after time in the parks.

Noise from nearby construction: there were some fences up around the resort but didn't hear any working. One day during the week it was nice and while others were swimming I went down to the beach of Aruba to relax. I could hear some pounding from the new DVC resort, but it wasn't anything crazy.

Gondola: I think this will be nice for transportation, but also think it'll be odd. I was thinking while I was sitting on the beach that it'll be odd having hundreds of people above you if you sit there for a while. Not that there aren't people around all the time, but it's literally right above you. Same with swimming in the pool, or sitting around it. I'm sure it won't matter to most, but seems like its just right in the middle of where you'd want to relax.

Smoking areas: not sure if this has in impact for most, but there were no smoking areas on the map they gave me (they are listed in the app). When I got my room ready text I looked at the map and didn't see any mention of smoking areas on it. So at one point when we were in the food court I went to the front desk for a map. They gave it to me, and had no smoking areas. I asked, and she said you can smoke anywhere there is a bench and a garbage can. It felt odd because there were no marked garbage cans for smoking anywhere. I ended up asking another worker at one point later, and she said the same thing. I mostly smoked in the parking lot as it was close and I was away from people. Although the first in the morning and last at night happened on the bench with garbage can beside it (listed on the app as a smoking area) 20 feet from our room. I know a lot of people hate us smokers, but some of us are considerate. I really tried to be where I was supposed to, but had no idea where that was (at the resort, the parks were well marked).

We really enjoyed the resort, and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Just got back from our first stay and we loved it. We were in Aruba 54, facing the parking lot but with some greenery between the two. It was a great location for the Aruba bus stop/pool/laundry. It was only about a minute or two walk to the freestyle machine in building 55. We didn't like the walk to the food court/main pool, but it wasn't horrible (I didn't time it but would say it took me about 8-10 minutes), but we didn't need to use that often anyway. We did find on our last day or two that you could shortcut through the Aruba pool, and through the little playground to save some steps and a little time. I'd rather have the location for the things we used more often that I mentioned previously so our location ended up pretty perfect for us. Some thoughts:

Room ready text: I put that I'd be there at 11 (figured it'd be noon but hoped it would help it be ready sooner), and got the text at 1045).

Parking: our first time driving, and it was nice. We could take our stuff we weren't using back to the car, and had some snacks/water at our disposal. We had two cars, and somehow didn't get charged for either to park. Maybe because we didn't go in/out? Not sure.

Buses: this was one of my major concerns with a huge resort, but we didn't have any issues. Two mornings we did have a little long wait, but we got on. There was only one time I didn't see everyone get on. That was Friday for MK EMH. The bus took about 25 minutes from when we got there, and there were probably 10 people that didn't get on. We did have to stand most mornings, but afternoons we didn't. Having a separate bus for Jamaica/Aruba works well. It's a long wait after a long day to get off at Aruba, but it's nice leaving the resort right after getting on.

Pull down bed: I've seen questions about it, and adults can use it. I'm 6'2 near 300 pounds and I slept on it all week, and I slept perfectly. It wasn't planned that way, but thats just how it worked out. What I did was there is a little space between the pull down part and the cabinet beside it that houses the fridge. I just shoved a pillow in there (it rested on the bench part that was still visible), and put another pillow on top of that, so my head was pretty much against the cabinet. My feet did hang off a bit, but I could stretch out and I just hit the cabinet on the other side for support. But I sleep on my side mostly, so I curl my legs up a little most the time.

Pre-order food: this isn't just for the resort, but this was great. it really was a huge timesaver. Most times we used it there were long lines to get food. We put our order in, and as we were walking to the place we tapped we are here. By the time we got there, our food was ready. It was really a great feature, and can't believe more people don't use it.

Pools: they say the pools are heated the same, but the Aruba pool was definitely colder than the main pool. We didn't swim much this trip, but did enjoy the quiet of the Aruba pool. There was just too many people in the main pool when we did have time to swim the most (although it was last Saturday and it was 82). I honestly can't remember what time the main pool closed (but thinking it was 8, maybe 9). The hours posted for the Aruba pool on the inside said 11, but it was unlocked all the time. It was too cold to swim at night, but if it was nicer I would've stayed in there after time in the parks.

Noise from nearby construction: there were some fences up around the resort but didn't hear any working. One day during the week it was nice and while others were swimming I went down to the beach of Aruba to relax. I could hear some pounding from the new DVC resort, but it wasn't anything crazy.

Gondola: I think this will be nice for transportation, but also think it'll be odd. I was thinking while I was sitting on the beach that it'll be odd having hundreds of people above you if you sit there for a while. Not that there aren't people around all the time, but it's literally right above you. Same with swimming in the pool, or sitting around it. I'm sure it won't matter to most, but seems like its just right in the middle of where you'd want to relax.

Smoking areas: not sure if this has in impact for most, but there were no smoking areas on the map they gave me (they are listed in the app). When I got my room ready text I looked at the map and didn't see any mention of smoking areas on it. So at one point when we were in the food court I went to the front desk for a map. They gave it to me, and had no smoking areas. I asked, and she said you can smoke anywhere there is a bench and a garbage can. It felt odd because there were no marked garbage cans for smoking anywhere. I ended up asking another worker at one point later, and she said the same thing. I mostly smoked in the parking lot as it was close and I was away from people. Although the first in the morning and last at night happened on the bench with garbage can beside it (listed on the app as a smoking area) 20 feet from our room. I know a lot of people hate us smokers, but some of us are considerate. I really tried to be where I was supposed to, but had no idea where that was (at the resort, the parks were well marked).

The part about the smoking areas is concerning to me as a nonsmoker with asthma. Did you see a lot of people smoking near public areas - pool/beaches? We’re hoping for a water view of the lake but worried about smoke exposure, though it’s probably better with a water view than a courtyard.

And thank you for smoking away from people!

First timer for CBR, for a quick 4 day trip in March. How much bigger is CBR vs CSR? I have no problem at CSR walking to the main building, etc. However trying to decide if I should keep our reservation or spend more to stay at the YC.

Question regarding electrical outlets???? Does anyone have any idea about the outlet situation? We have three CPAP machines(sleep apnea) and one scooter that will need to be charged every night. I plan on bringing power strips and lead cords, but does anyone see any issues? Are the outlets pretty standard?

I’m interested to know about beer and wine as well. About how much is a bottle of wine?
We love our wine and found a really good boxed wine to bring with us. Dont laugh! It's a tuscan wine that is very reasonable and we recently found that they make rougly a 3L version in a box for the price of 2 bottles. If we don't finish it we usually just leave it since it's still cheaper than buying down in WDW and we know we like it. It packs easily and leaves room for souvenirs in its place for the return trip.

On another subject.....wont it be possible to walk across the Bridge to the skyliner station if we are in a Pirate room closer to the bridge?

:thanks: for the detailed report especially about the pull down bed. It was the one thing I've been worrying about. I was worried it would be only for little kids but sounds like my daughter should be just fine sleeping there. She will be 12 when we go and will probably be around 5 foot tall then so she should be fine.

The part about the smoking areas is concerning to me as a nonsmoker with asthma. Did you see a lot of people smoking near public areas - pool/beaches? We’re hoping for a water view of the lake but worried about smoke exposure, though it’s probably better with a water view than a courtyard.

And thank you for smoking away from people!

No, I didn't notice many people smoking at all. The people I did see where also smoking on benches with a garbage can beside it.

:thanks: for the detailed report especially about the pull down bed. It was the one thing I've been worrying about. I was worried it would be only for little kids but sounds like my daughter should be just fine sleeping there. She will be 12 when we go and will probably be around 5 foot tall then so she should be fine.

She will have no problem. Although it's not that soft, but I'm sure it won't bother a 12 year old (didn't bother me).

I forgot to double check outlets last trip oops. The are definitely 4 regular plugs, it might be 6. Also there are definitely 4 USB plugs, might be 6.

We love our wine and found a really good boxed wine to bring with us. Dont laugh! It's a tuscan wine that is very reasonable and we recently found that they make rougly a 3L version in a box for the price of 2 bottles. If we don't finish it we usually just leave it since it's still cheaper than buying down in WDW and we know we like it. It packs easily and leaves room for souvenirs in its place for the return trip.

On another subject.....wont it be possible to walk across the Bridge to the skyliner station if we are in a Pirate room closer to the bridge?

If you peek at the map I posted a page back that roadway/pedestrian bridge will make it quick and easy to cross to the Skyliner station from Trinidad buildings. There is another bridge from OPR to between Aruba and Jamaica buildings that is pedestrian only, and goes to the island in the middle of the northern part of the resort lake.

We just booked a 5 night stay at CBR in August. We are AP holders/DVC owners but decided to take an extra trip to Disney instead of the beach like we normally do in August. It’s me, my 15 month old, my mom, and my dad. We are wanting mostly resort time with a couple of hours in the park here and there (this is our restful vacation). We will be driving down. We are in a standard room. What is the best place for us to request? We want to be close to the food court and main pool. The bus stop isn’t as big of a deal because we may be driving to the parks some. CBR is the only moderate we haven’t stayed at, so I’m excited to knock it off the list!

We just booked a 5 night stay at CBR in August. We are AP holders/DVC owners but decided to take an extra trip to Disney instead of the beach like we normally do in August. It’s me, my 15 month old, my mom, and my dad. We are wanting mostly resort time with a couple of hours in the park here and there (this is our restful vacation). We will be driving down. We are in a standard room. What is the best place for us to request? We want to be close to the food court and main pool. The bus stop isn’t as big of a deal because we may be driving to the parks some. CBR is the only moderate we haven’t stayed at, so I’m excited to knock it off the list!

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are both great locations for a Standard View room. Both of them are a shorter walk to the Food Court and Main Feature pool than some of the Preferred rooms. Every Village has its own bus stop so you will be close to one no matter where your room is.

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are both great locations for a Standard View room. Both of them are a shorter walk to the Food Court and Main Feature pool than some of the Preferred rooms. Every Village has its own bus stop so you will be close to one no matter where your room is.

Jamaica 45 is closest to the white sandy beach between those, for that beach trip feeling. I don't recommend dipping your toes in the water though, no matter how diligent Disney is sweeping for gators in the CBR lake.

Glad to hear this about the room ready text. My gf and I will be arriving the morning of Pres Day. I put 10 a.m. as the arrive time. I'm by no means expecting or relying on the room being ready, but if it is, it'll be a happy, convenient bonus to be able to go ahead and drop our stuff off.

This thread has so much useful information. Thank you.

We are planning to stay at CBR this coming August, and I had a question. We are looking to book one Standard View room, and one Standard View - 5th Sleeper room. Is it possible to get connecting rooms with this configuration? If so, are any Jamaica buildings set up this way?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter