• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I’m sure I’ll get this partly wrong. Standard rooms at Aruba, Jamaica, Trinidad North or South (the closer one I believe). Still carpeted rooms. The Minnie vans or regular Lyft or Uber should have no problem picking you up from your “island.” Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Yep but they are renaming Trinidad North and Trinidad South to Trinidad and Barbados, so they are re-using the name.

Just checked in today. Our room was not ready at 3, so we decided to explore the resort. By the time we boarded the shuttle, we got the “room ready” text.

We booked a standard room. But ended up with a corner room that faces the pool and lake in Jamaica. That was a nice surprise.

The Coke Freestyle machines are nice, but completely out of any type of diet soft drink, at the moment. So I’m wandering around the resort to find my nightly fix. Front Desk said they are sending someone right down. Many selections are out.

We usually stay at deluxe resorts. I was shocked at the slow bus service returning from DHS. We waited 45 minutes for a bus.

Besides those few things, it seems ok. 5 in a room is really cramped. But we’ll survive.

I apologize if I’ve missed something while reading, but does anyone know if the main QS will be open early November? I’ve seen fall, but I don’t know what that means. Also, is the main pool open? I’m highly considering upgrading from all stars.

I apologize if I’ve missed something while reading, but does anyone know if the main QS will be open early November? I’ve seen fall, but I don’t know what that means. Also, is the main pool open? I’m highly considering upgrading from all stars.
OPR reopens Monday and all Pools are open.:)

Yes. Forgot to mention that I was told at check in that Custom House would be closed on Monday and OPR will be open, including QS and gift shop.

If I am reading everything correctly, all construction (excluding DVC property and the Skyliner) will be complete by April 2019?
Check in will now be closer to the villages? And all restaurants / pools / and shopping locations are fully functional?
Which buildings will be preferred? TIA =)

If I am reading everything correctly, all construction (excluding DVC property and the Skyliner) will be complete by April 2019?

It's actually completed now.

Check in will now be closer to the villages?

Yes. Starting tomorrow, the 8th, check in is at Old Port Royale.

And all restaurants / pools / and shopping locations are fully functional?

Yup.

Which buildings will be preferred? TIA =)

Buildings are not categorized as preferred, only rooms.

As of today, the Preferred rooms are only located in Trinidad North. No word yet on if the Standard rooms in Martinique will go back to being Preferred now that the Centertown and Old Port Royale construction is complete.

We arrive October 14th & were so excited to hear that OPR will be reopened!!! With the new road entrance do we know yet what the bus route/order for bus stops will be?

We booked a standard room for my family of 5 next August. We stayed there a few years ago in Jamaica when the bridge was under construction (which we only found out a day before we were leaving), so we didn't have the best experience, but giving it another shot! Have the rooms been updated to the vinyl flooring yet? I can't seem to find any pictures of renovated rooms. Thanks!

Hello All!
This will be our first stay CBR. :thumbsup2 All we could get was a Pirate room. Wondering if it is a “hike” to the “main” building (restaurant, gift shop, etc.). :confused3 Also, is there any sort of “trundle” bed in the rooms? Ok, last question (lol) ... recommended requests like 2nd floor, corner room, etc.?
Thanks SO much for any info.!!! :goodvibes

I think the only "5th sleeper" aka murphy bed rooms are the standard/preferred/water view rooms. I don't believe they have any in the Pirate rooms which are farthest from Centertown. Keep checking back, room inventory is quite fluid. I have no suggestions for room requests.

We booked a standard room for my family of 5 next August. We stayed there a few years ago in Jamaica when the bridge was under construction (which we only found out a day before we were leaving), so we didn't have the best experience, but giving it another shot! Have the rooms been updated to the vinyl flooring yet? I can't seem to find any pictures of renovated rooms. Thanks!

The rooms have not been updated yet, but I believe they are next for a refurb?

Screenshot_20181007-120137.jpg
On this map going to the left (north) takes you to Centertown. Personally, building 34 would be best as you're closer to Centertown and still a short walk to the bus stop. Building 36 would be closest to the bus stop but a little further from Centertown. Definitely request a corner room, 1st or 2nd floor to your preference I guess.

Just "re-watching" this thread! Booked a bounce back for CSR back in August but was not able to get the 13 nights we were looking for during that time. Called today and booked CBR for 13 nights August 2019! Excited to stay here again as it will be our 4th CBR stay. Last time was 2017 with HEAVY construction. I'm hoping\guessing most of that will be done by August 2nd when we arrive again!!!!

We've had friends or family at CBR for pretty much the last month. From all their reports, buses have been great as usual.
Thank you! So many people moan about buses AT EVERY RESORT I'VE STAYED IN and it usually is not what I experience. Just want to see what others' have experienced. I think I'll save the money on the car rental!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter