• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for the response about the two resorts. I thought they were much closer and would share some walking paths. Does anyone have a map showing the two resorts (CBR and Riveria) and where the Skyliner will be?

At CBR, what is the difference between a "water / pool view" room (that indicates it sleeps up to 5 adults with a child size pull down couch) and a specifically mentioned "water / pool view" room (that mentions 5th sleeper)? Are the latter larger rooms or are they the same exact room?

At CBR, what is the difference between a "water / pool view" room (that indicates it sleeps up to 5 adults with a child size pull down couch) and a specifically mentioned "water / pool view" room (that mentions 5th sleeper)? Are the latter larger rooms or are they the same exact room?

Water view rooms at Disney can be a room that has even the slightest view of a lake, fountain or pool. All of the rooms at CBR are the same size no matter the bed configuration.

At CBR, what is the difference between a "water / pool view" room (that indicates it sleeps up to 5 adults with a child size pull down couch) and a specifically mentioned "water / pool view" room (that mentions 5th sleeper)?

The Water or Pool View rooms will have a view of a pool or the lake, have 2 Queen Beds and may or may not have a Murphy Bed.

The Water or Pool View rooms will have a view of a pool or the lake, have 2 Queen Beds and will have a Murphy Bed.

Are the latter larger rooms or are they the same exact room?

The 2 room types are the same size.

Okay. Thank you. It is just confusing that they are almost described identically on the website.

We are planning an anniversary trip next fall. Do most of you prefer CBR or Dolphin? We have stayed at both (not since the CBR remodel), and can't decide. We love the location of Dolphin due to easy access to parks and BW, but I feel we lost some of the Disney feel staying at Dolphin this year.

Last edited:

We are planning an anniversary trip next fall. Do most of you prefer CBR or Dolphin? We have stayed at both (not since the CBR remodel), and can't decide. We love the location of Dolphin due to easy access to parks and BW, but I feel we lost some of the Disney feel staying at Dolphin this year.
For us we love landing at MCO and immediately being immersed in the Disney bubble, starting with ME. CBR would be my choice, also, the gondolas should be running by next fall.

We had our first ever stay at CBR the night of October 3. It was less expensive for our family than an airport hotel room so we said “why not?”

We were in Martinique, building 25. It was a room with a Murphy bed. We paid for standard view and that’s what we had.

First of all, let me just say I don’t think this is a great choice if you don’t have a car. It felt very spread out (not a bad thing necessarily) and to get anywhere, you had to cross parking lots. It was just a bit of a surprise when we got off the internal bus to then had to head across a parking lot to find our building.

The room was fine until we were checking out and then when I looked around the bed I found items left by the previous family. The room appeared to be clean but I guess it wasn’t thoroughly checked out.

It was a tight fit for the five of us but not unmanageable.

The CMs at the resort were the best part. They were so friendly and nice.

We did receive a pack of the construction pins when we checked in which was fun.

We are at Spyglass Grill and it was good. The best part was being able to see some of the fireworks while we ate.

We were up early the next morning and had no issues having our bags transferred to AKL for the next part of our vacation.

And the we got to experience the best part of Martinique - being first in line for the bus loop!

We just booked Dec 28-31! During all of the construction I wasn't even willing to consider this resort, but after hearing that OPR should be opening any day and this was the only moderate with availability other than CS (which i don't care for and has a ton of construction also) we booked. I read the first page and the last few pages, but had a hard time deciphering what the state of the resort is now, and what it should be come Christmas. Anyone willing to give the cliffs notes version? What construction will be left, and how will the resort vary from a resort that is not under construction? Will the skyliner station be all that is left, and where will it be and how will that impact the resort? Or will there still be other stuff going on?

We booked a preferred room because that was all that was available except the pirates rooms, which i don't want. Looking on the map, it looks like half of those are right next to the Riveria construction. Is that correct, and if so how much of an eyesore and earsore will that be if we get put on that side of OPR? I would rather avoid construction, as I generally make it a rule to not stay at a resort with any going on other than interior room changes, but like I said pickins were slim that didn't cost :scared1: or were All Stars, and regardless, it's worth it to be at Disney for the Holidays! We will have a stroller with twin toddlers and will be traveling with 2 other rooms (parents and MIL), so if we want to be together and on the ground floor (hopefully) as primary requests, I can't get too picky on building or view. Not looking forward to the busses, but an Epcot or MK resort weren't in the cards this time d/t our travel companions.

TIA!

Thanks for the response about the two resorts. I thought they were much closer and would share some walking paths. Does anyone have a map showing the two resorts (CBR and Riveria) and where the Skyliner will be?

I don’t believ they will be completely separate. I think there will be walkways from The Riviera to/from CBR. Just like every other DVC that was built on an existing resort. Still separate but accessible.

I don’t believ they will be completely separate. I think there will be walkways from The Riviera to/from CBR. Just like every other DVC that was built on an existing resort. Still separate but accessible.
I agree.:)

I can't IMAGINE that the only way to get from CBR to DRR will be to take a Gondola from the CBR Station to the DRR Station and vice-versa or take a Bus to DHS and transfer.

Why would a Guest staying in Aruba wanting to go to Epcot have to walk all the way to the CBR Station and board a Gondola there and then go to the DRR Station when they could just walk to the DRR Station?

Makes no sense.

Time will tell.:)

Hi everyone,

We have a short trip coming up Oct 29-Nov 2. I have Pop booked after loving the new rooms and compactness of the resort on a one night stay back in February this year. We are flying and using ME this trip. I am interested in possibly upgrading to CBR to check out the new areas. I think our last trip there was 2017. Some questions are...Barbados is gone right? So a standard room would only be Jamaica and Aruba? The rooms still have carpet? I always loved how pretty CBR is. Do the minnie vans pick up from your area or OPR?

thanks

Hi everyone,

We have a short trip coming up Oct 29-Nov 2. I have Pop booked after loving the new rooms and compactness of the resort on a one night stay back in February this year. We are flying and using ME this trip. I am interested in possibly upgrading to CBR to check out the new areas. I think our last trip there was 2017. Some questions are...Barbados is gone right? So a standard room would only be Jamaica and Aruba? The rooms still have carpet? I always loved how pretty CBR is. Do the minnie vans pick up from your area or OPR?

thanks
I’m sure I’ll get this partly wrong. Standard rooms at Aruba, Jamaica, Trinidad North or South (the closer one I believe). Still carpeted rooms. The Minnie vans or regular Lyft or Uber should have no problem picking you up from your “island.” Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Hi everyone,

We have a short trip coming up Oct 29-Nov 2. I have Pop booked after loving the new rooms and compactness of the resort on a one night stay back in February this year. We are flying and using ME this trip. I am interested in possibly upgrading to CBR to check out the new areas. I think our last trip there was 2017. Some questions are...Barbados is gone right?

Yup.

So a standard room would only be Jamaica and Aruba?

Standard rooms as in Jamaica, Aruba and for now Martinique. Not sure if the Standards in Martinique will go back to being Preferred now that all the Centertown Construction is completed.

The rooms still have carpet?

Yup.

I always loved how pretty CBR is.

Us too!

Do the minnie vans pick up from your area or OPR?

thanks

Minnie Vans, Taxis, and Uber/Lyft all pick up from the circular drive of your building.

Yup.

Standard rooms as in Jamaica, Aruba and for now Martinique. Not sure if the Standards in Martinique will go back to being Preferred now that all the Centertown Construction is completed.

Yup.

Us too!

Minnie Vans, Taxis, and Uber/Lyft all pick up from the circular drive of your building.
Thank You! Looks like I'll have to make my decision by tomorrow since the special is ending then. Does the new entrance by Jamaica mean that will be the 1st pick up drop off island?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter