• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Good morning! We’re here through 10/3. Old Port Royale is open for a special event.

We’re enjoying our room but annoyed with bus times. Our wait for Epcot was over a half hour. 3 magic Kingdom buses, 2 AK, and 2 HS buses passed by as we waited. This has been the norm. Very slow bus system.

So called Disney Travel this morning again and info is now to check in at Custom House (for 10/2 check in)- gotta love the conflicting information- suppose will find out tomorrow!

So called Disney Travel this morning again and info is now to check in at Custom House (for 10/2 check in)- gotta love the conflicting information- suppose will find out tomorrow!

No surprise there... though it sounds like it must be quite close if they have some CMs accidentally telling people that already.

OPR looks READY!:)
https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/di...pletion-at-disneys-caribbean-beach-resort.htm
GORGEOUS!

Disneys-Caribbean-Beach-Resort_Full_33542.jpg

We are officially booked in a standard room with Play, Stay, Dine for 1/26 - 1/31. Just bought our airline tickets. So excited!

Good morning! We’re here through 10/3. Old Port Royale is open for a special event.

We’re enjoying our room but annoyed with bus times. Our wait for Epcot was over a half hour. 3 magic Kingdom buses, 2 AK, and 2 HS buses passed by as we waited. This has been the norm. Very slow bus system.

Did you check bus times on the app before going to bus stop and waiting? We were at CBR Labor Day week and found the times shown on the app to be accurate within a few minutes. Just looked on the app and stayed in our room until about five minutes before it showed the bus arriving at our Bus stop at Martinique. Had no problems or long waits anywhere, I think being at the first bus stop helped. One time the bus filled up before stopping at all of the bus stops and had to bypass those waiting, I’m sure they were not pleased with the bus service!

Love the pictures! Would love to stay there again to see the new areas!

Last edited:
Did you check bus times on the app before going to bus stop and waiting? We were at CBR Labor Day week and found the times shown on the app to be accurate within a few minutes. Just looked on the app and stayed in our room until about five minutes before it showed the bus arriving at our Bus stop at Martinique. Had no problems or long waits anywhere, I think being at the first bus stop helped. One time the bus filled up before stopping at all of the bus stops and had to bypass those waiting, I’m sure they were not pleased with the bus service!

Love the pictures! Would love to stay there again to see the new areas!
The bus said “853” and we showed up at 850. The attendant said it just came a bit early. The next time said around 910, but the time kept changing, changing, changing all the way to around 925. It didn’t really matter in the long run. Had a great time at epcot!

Any news on Old Port Royale today? We’re going to drive past it on the way to our ADR breakfast so I’ll let everyone know

Power is out here in Aruba. We’re on the phone waiting to see if it’s a resort wide issue. Thankfully we’re polar bears that keep out room cold like polar bears and we had it set on 65 when it went out.

UPDATE: we’re the first to call. They have no idea whats going on.

I'll soon be revamping the first few pages of the thread to update with the latest information. For those of you who are there now or will be traveling soon, please please take pictures so that I can rework the informational pages. Photo credit will be given to those who post. Please remember to tag me in your posts so that I get notification.

We check in on October 8. Yay! Can’t wait to see it in person! I was so concerned that all we would see was construction when I first booked. Such a nice surprise!

This is from the update here on The DIS:

Until Old Port Royale’s reopening on October 8th, the following locations will be unavailable:

• Martinique Island Market
  • Food & Beverage pavilion
  • Food Truck and Banana Cabana trailer
  • Merchandise Kiosk
  • Room 3109
  • Custom House

Am I missing something-shouldn't it say AVAILABLE instead of UNAVAILABLE or AFTER instead of UNTIL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter