Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I just got my refurb/gift card email about my November reservation and the way this reads, it sounds like we will get a single gift card loaded with the total amount. I know there was a previous question about how the gift cards would work, so I thought I'd share the text from the email:

"As a thank you for your continued patronage, you will receive a Disney Gift Card value of $75 per room for each night of your stay at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. For your convenience, you do not need to contact us in advance; we have already arranged for your gift card to be available at the resort upon check-in. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions, please visit DisneyGiftCard.com."

So for those of you that are already booked...are you hoping that additional discounts will still be available when those come out in a month or so (for those booked past the current ones) or is the GC on its own enough of a discount that you are satisfied with booking now? I went ahead and booked since the rooms were filling up so fast, but was imagining that the offered discount (if the rooms aren't full then) would be similar if not a little less than the GC offer...was just curious about that! I would love to just book through Cheap Tickets right now but they will only let me book preferred for a family of 5 even though standard is available at Disney. I am just antsy to know one way or the other!

I have a question. Several actually. If I made a reservation at CBR right now today for September, it's my understanding I would still get the gift card. Assuming that's correct, when are you notified about the card? I read that rooms reserved through cheaptickets qualify. Do you get confirmation at check out? Some kind of email from Disney? How do you know you're actually getting the gift card?

I have a question. Several actually. If I made a reservation at CBR right now today for September, it's my understanding I would still get the gift card. Assuming that's correct, when are you notified about the card? I read that rooms reserved through cheaptickets qualify. Do you get confirmation at check out? Some kind of email from Disney? How do you know you're actually getting the gift card?
I can't speak to how the confirmation from cheaptickets work but I made my reservation through Disney about a week ago and received an email confirmation from Disney today. It was not directly after booking.

So for those of you that are already booked...are you hoping that additional discounts will still be available when those come out in a month or so (for those booked past the current ones) or is the GC on its own enough of a discount that you are satisfied with booking now? I went ahead and booked since the rooms were filling up so fast, but was imagining that the offered discount (if the rooms aren't full then) would be similar if not a little less than the GC offer...was just curious about that! I would love to just book through Cheap Tickets right now but they will only let me book preferred for a family of 5 even though standard is available at Disney. I am just antsy to know one way or the other!

With the amount of rooms taken out of inventory and the GCs, I would be extremely surprised if any rooms at CBR will be included in any discounts. They are running over their target occupancy rate from now through October. November and December are already almost there. They have zero incentive to include CBR.

With the amount of rooms taken out of inventory and the GCs, I would be extremely surprised if any rooms at CBR will be included in any discounts. They are running over their target occupancy rate from now through October. November and December are already almost there. They have zero incentive to include CBR.
How does room availability look for December using the current bounce back offer?

My suggestion is to book a standard room for 4 and then call to add the extra person. I had the same issue with Orbitz where they erroneously list the max capacity of all the standard rooms as 4 people (and still have the beds listed as two full rather than queens). They called Disney after I booked to confirm that the room could accommodate 5 and the change was quickly reflected in MDE.

Does anyone know if we can use the gift card to pay for a room only reservation following a stay at CBR?

We are booked 6 nights at CBR in early October. We're doing a split stay and moving to the POP or POR for a couple nights after that.

Does anyone know if we can use the gift card to pay for a room only reservation following a stay at CBR?

We are booked 6 nights at CBR in early October. We're doing a split stay and moving to the POP or POR for a couple nights after that.
I booked CB for September and was told with a room only booking I could use to gift card to pay off the room when we were checking out, as you only have to put a deposit down for room only and pay when you check out.
I however have not recd any email about getting the gift cards, the Cm I booked with did confirm we would be getting them with our room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter