• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I had just wondered if this would work. If you go up from 3 days to 5 days upon arrival, you just pay the upgraded cost, right? Anyone know any reason this wouldnt work?

I think you might run the risk of them being booked, especially with how popular this deal has been. You may need to upgrade to a preferred or pirate room or something.

I had just wondered if this would work. If you go up from 3 day tickets to 5 days upon arrival, you just pay the upgraded cost, right? Anyone know any reason this wouldnt work? To pay the difference with the gift cards?

You wouldn't be able to make fastpasses 60 days out for the extra days you would be adding on to your ticket, if that doesn't bother you then I see no other problem.

I thought I read online, that one or two of the villages were going to be torn down. Anybody know which one/ones? I saw @dansdad mentioned tearing down buildings 24, 25 and 26. Thanks for the help.

Booked CBR tonight! Going in middle of September
Anyone here going around the same time that knows roughly how the weather is that time around?
Also will the main pool stay open for all the construction?

Ok, a little update for you guys. I called about my reservation and two others. I travel 4/19-4/23 and my guests check in 5/15. I spoke to a CM at reservations who first said they could move at their own cost and no credit. Then I told him about the update to the TA site with the refurb news and what I had heard here. Then he called Guest Services and they said he could give a credit. I said my guests wanted to move and got put in a queue for Guest Services. GS was awesome. They confirmed that guests could either move based on availability or could have a $75/night credit. I took the credit for my personal reservation as I was looking forward to trying CBR since I haven't stayed there in a while. My guests were moved to Riverside at no cost to them. They said they are giving credits to guests currently booked through the end of the year so I will be calling back again once I speak to other guests. But hopefully that information will help those who do call.

@JordanStreet your TA in the UK needs to call back and get you one of these two offers at the least. It is their job to do it no matter how long the queue is or they have to wait.

Hey! I am staying at CBR at the same time (4/18-4/24). I've been apprehensive about calling since the refurb supposedly doesn't start until May 1st... did you get any push back because your dates were mid-April? What did you say that got them to give you the discount?

Hey! I am staying at CBR at the same time (4/18-4/24). I've been apprehensive about calling since the refurb supposedly doesn't start until May 1st... did you get any push back because your dates were mid-April? What did you say that got them to give you the discount?

I started off talking about my guests who check in after construction starts honestly and did get push back from the regular reservations CM. Guest Services finally handled it for me. She gave me no push back at all about the credit, just offered me the same choice my guests who check in after the construction is due to start received. However, this was before they were offering the $75/night gift card and I'm not sure they're offering this credit any more. I called right when the news of construction broke and got the offer without issues, but I have no received any emails from Disney stating I would receive a gift card upon check in like other people have who check in around similar times, but check out at a later date.

I booked CBR last night and I asked her how would they know to give me the 75$/night GC? She said that they see what day the reservation was made therefore it being during the time of the giveaway

I booked CBR last night and I asked her how would they know to give me the 75$/night GC? She said that they see what day the reservation was made therefore it being during the time of the giveaway

When you made the reservation will have nothing to do with getting the gift card. We have 2 rooms with a free dining bounceback booked. My reservations were made last September for this December, so 15 months in advance. And well in advance of the announced closures & renovations. I have recieved the emails about the gift card for our rooms. The booking page on the Disney website has a link with construction information. It states "beginning in May 2017........ As a result, guests staying at CBR will receive a $75 Disney gift card for each night of their stay at check in...." The email about my gift card says "you don't have to do anything to receive this, arrangements have been made for you to receive it at check in. "

I am sure Disney is not going to take the time & trouble to sort out a who gets it/ who doesn't get it system. Everybody checking in after Disney's determined start date is going to get this gift card. No fuss, no muss for the check in & front desk CMs. Just give one to everybody. Plus can you imagine the chaos at the front desk if someone like me, who booked before construction was announced, wasn't given the gift card but the person next to me who made the reservation with full construction information was handed it?? Yea, that would make for a LOT of irate guests.

Last edited:
We already booked for Royal Guest Rooms at POR for 09/10 to 09/18, but i saw this offer yesterday and i would be interested... But i called to make changes to my reservation and they don't have regular rooms (we don't like pirate rooms). They have regular rooms on Expedia though. Do you think some of them will become available on Disney website at some point ? Wouldn't be a big deal if not, but still would be nice to stay at CBR and have the gift cards.

Boy, the reservation system is a mess today. I was making a room only reservation at CBR for 11/8-11/13 and right after the credit card screen I got Stitch telling me someone ate the page. So I started over and was able to get through, but of course when I checked MDE, I had two reservations - I had a feeling that might happen. I got a confirmation email for one reservation right away and canceled that one immediately, and now I still haven't gotten the email for the second reservation that is still in MDE. I used the online chat function and the rep told me she could not see my reservation but if it is in MDE, then it is active. She said there are known issues with the system today and that I should wait 24 hours to receive my confirmation email, but if I don't receive it, I should call to request one. I also asked her if the $75 gift card deal would still be applied if I later update the reservation for a promotion (free dining or room discount), and she said the $75 gift card deal MAY be impacted by another promotion. She said that when I get my email from the team that is working specifically with CBR guests, I should contact them directly to get better information. Just thought I'd share my experience with you all - I found it interesting that she said there's a team working specifically on this. Basically, I'm taking away that the "chat team" doesn't have enough info to really answer questions about this whole thing. It'll be interesting to see how this all goes down!

One a side note - I'm absolutely fine with the main buildings not being available because we don't spend a ton of time at the resort anyway, other than by the pool for an afternoon or two, and since all the pools are open, we're good. If the main pool is noisy because of the construction, we'll just head to a quiet pool. As far as food, knowing Disney they will make sure there is enough around for people to spend their money on at the resort! :-) To me, the gift card deal is worth it because it's $375 I "get back" to spend on F&W instead of on the hotel. However, we may end up canceling this reservation if a DVC points rental at OKW ends up working out, because that would be even cheaper than this deal! We'll see!

Boy, the reservation system is a mess today. I was making a room only reservation at CBR for 11/8-11/13 and right after the credit card screen I got Stitch telling me someone ate the page. So I started over and was able to get through, but of course when I checked MDE, I had two reservations - I had a feeling that might happen. I got a confirmation email for one reservation right away and canceled that one immediately, and now I still haven't gotten the email for the second reservation that is still in MDE. I used the online chat function and the rep told me she could not see my reservation but if it is in MDE, then it is active. She said there are known issues with the system today and that I should wait 24 hours to receive my confirmation email, but if I don't receive it, I should call to request one. I also asked her if the $75 gift card deal would still be applied if I later update the reservation for a promotion (free dining or room discount), and she said the $75 gift card deal MAY be impacted by another promotion. She said that when I get my email from the team that is working specifically with CBR guests, I should contact them directly to get better information. Just thought I'd share my experience with you all - I found it interesting that she said there's a team working specifically on this. Basically, I'm taking away that the "chat team" doesn't have enough info to really answer questions about this whole thing. It'll be interesting to see how this all goes down!

One a side note - I'm absolutely fine with the main buildings not being available because we don't spend a ton of time at the resort anyway, other than by the pool for an afternoon or two, and since all the pools are open, we're good. If the main pool is noisy because of the construction, we'll just head to a quiet pool. As far as food, knowing Disney they will make sure there is enough around for people to spend their money on at the resort! :-) To me, the gift card deal is worth it because it's $375 I "get back" to spend on F&W instead of on the hotel. However, we may end up canceling this reservation if a DVC points rental at OKW ends up working out, because that would be even cheaper than this deal! We'll see!

UGH! The same thing happened to me and I'm so stressed out! I submitted my reservation TWICE, got an error message, but when I log into MDE, both reservations show up. I'm so *&^%ing mad right now!!! Not about the reservation; I'm worried my debit card is going to be charged twice now and I won't have the money in my account to cover it and pay my bills. Disney really needs to get their IT act together. This is so unacceptable.

UGH! The same thing happened to me and I'm so stressed out! I submitted my reservation TWICE, got an error message, but when I log into MDE, both reservations show up. I'm so *&^%ing mad right now!!! Not about the reservation; I'm worried my debit card is going to be charged twice now and I won't have the money in my account to cover it and pay my bills. Disney really needs to get their IT act together. This is so unacceptable.

I checked my credit card and only one charge is pending... I thought I'd see two and then get the refund on the one I canceled later. I'll keep watching it to make sure that I really do have a reservation and that the charges come through correctly. Frustrating, I know!

Juliet25, I called this morning and the reservation that I did not cancel didn't have a payment on it and a payment is due 3/13. The cast member was baffled how it even got booked to the system without a payment. So I made the payment over the phone on that one, and she checked my canceled reservation and saw that it charged a payment to my card on 3/10 and that a refund will be processed on 3/13. So... Now I have two charges on my card, but one will be refunded on Monday. Just wanted to let you know so you can watch your debit card, or you may even want to call and make sure that the reservation you keep actually has a payment made on it. I also asked her if I would get email confirmation about the gift card deal, and she said she doesn't know if I will get an email, but it will just "happen" at check in. I took screen shots of the web page that showed the gift card info and I am taking them with me just in case there's a problem at check in.

Last edited:
I'm trying to remember the layout of Centertown, does anyone know where exactly the buffet & alacarte dinner will be served? Also, since the Calypso Trading Post will be closed, will they have a set up somewhere else to purchase souvenirs (for anything resort merchandise type souvenirs)?

Juliet25, I called this morning and the reservation that I did not cancel didn't have a payment on it and a payment is due 3/13. The cast member was baffled how it even got booked to the system without a payment. So I made the payment over the phone on that one, and she checked my canceled reservation and saw that it charged a payment to my card on 3/10 and that a refund will be processed on 3/13. So... Now I have two charges on my card, but one will be refunded on Monday. Just wanted to let you know so you can watch your debit card, or you may even want to call and make sure that the reservation you keep actually has a payment made on it. I also asked her if I would get email confirmation about the gift card deal, and she said she doesn't know if I will get an email, but it will just "happen" at check in. I took screen shots of the web page that showed the gift card info and I am taking them with me just in case there's a problem at check in.

Thank you for this information. Just today I got two emailed confirmations. I'll call tomorrow and see what's up. There's no longer any availability at CBR for my dates, so I hope I can pay the deposit and keep one. So far, no charges are pending on my debit card for either reservation. I have to laugh at how the res agent was baffled about how you could book a resort without a deposit. They never seem to know about glitches in the system. Their reservation system is down for a day and the agents are clueless. I'm so frustrated with Disney website issues. Nothing's changed in the 18 years I've been vacationing there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter