Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I'm booked 8/31-9/5 at CBR so there may be a chance of free dining at WDW during those dates. I know a lot of people have been mentioned that CBR wouldn't need to promote free dining since they're already so full.

This is my first free dining trip (hopefully!) so I'm not sure how things work. Would guests already booked at CBR during free dining dates be able to get it and just new reservations wouldn't? Or would they not even offer it to existing reservations?

I'm booked 8/31-9/5 at CBR so there may be a chance of free dining at WDW during those dates. I know a lot of people have been mentioned that CBR wouldn't need to promote free dining since they're already so full.

This is my first free dining trip (hopefully!) so I'm not sure how things work. Would guests already booked at CBR during free dining dates be able to get it and just new reservations wouldn't? Or would they not even offer it to existing reservations?

If they are fully booked they aren't going to offer it. Already having a reservation at CBR will not help your chances as to qualify for free dining you have to essentially make a new reservation, so if they don't have rooms available then you will not be able to get it. If they only have pool view, preferred, or pirate rooms available, then you would have to upgrade to one of those.

Hi everyone!

I've been pricing things out and we are thinking about CBR for our trip. One question I have is about the busses.. I haven't heard many good things about the bus situation there so for those who have stayed there is it really bad?

Also people complain about things being so spread out and a lot of walking to get around the resort, what's your opinions on that?

I also don't know if it's been mentioned but I did speak to a CM today on the phone when I was asking some questions and she did say that she's been getting a lot calls about booking obviously and she mentioned to not even think about free dining being offered here because rooms are filling up fast and there may not be any reason to offer it.
Just got back Friday. Buses were just not good at all this trip. 45 min waits at times and then you still have to stop at every bus stop. I can't speak for any other village besides Martinique and Barbados but even in Barbados 15 our walk to food court was 5 min and maybe 3-5 to bus stop. It's hard to imagine that even the furthest bldg is more that 10 to the food court.

Last edited:
Just got back Friday. Buses were just not good at all this trip. 45 min waits at times and then you still have to stop at every bus stop. I can't speak for any other village besides Martinique and Barbados but even in Barbados 15 our walk to food court was 5 min and maybe 3-5 to bus stop. It's hard to imagine that even the furthest bldg is more that 10 to the food court.

Hmm, that doesn't sound good with the busses. The busses have me worried cause I rarely hear good things about them there. Thanks for the feedback!

Are people who booked with a Florida resident or AP discount getting the $75 gift card?

Are people who booked with a Florida resident or AP discount getting the $75 gift card?

I don't see why not. We have a free dining bounceback & we're getting it. Plus we were one of the lucky ones who got the $75 off our room rate. My invoice email reflects the discounted rate & lists the free dining. I got the gift card email yesterday.

Friends of mine with AP booked and are getting the $75 card. I think she said it was like $153 a night with the AP discount plus the gift cards! Sweet deal!

I booked with an AP rate and got a $75/night credit. I check out before May 1st so I don't think I will get the gift card, or at least I haven't been notified of it and I'm not counting on it. But I don't see why you wouldn't get it with an AP/resident discount.

Sorry to disrupt the construction deals but if we look to rent a car while we are down there, are there plenty of parking spaces available by to the preferred buildings? It seems like there is on the map but I can't tell for sure. Has anyone done both busses and car while staying there? Any preference?

Sorry to disrupt the construction deals but if we look to rent a car while we are down there, are there plenty of parking spaces available by to the preferred buildings? It seems like there is on the map but I can't tell for sure.

There are plenty of parking spaces.

Has anyone done both busses and car while staying there? Any preference?

We have and we prefer the busses. They are efficient and a fun way to meet people from all over the world. The last 2 times we drove down our car never moved until we headed home. Our DS15 has been a big fan of the busses since he was a toddler. Some trips I think we could have just rode the busses around and he would have been happy.

We booked last night for December. This will be our 3rd time at CBR, we love it and since we don't really care about the construction, the $75 gift card is just a pixie dust bonus! Cannot wait to hear about what CBR will eventually look like. Now on to planning our dining.

I called and I cant get $75 off the room rate ): .They will give us a$75 a day free gift card. The only time we can go is traditionally free dining time, so if that happens, we would have free dining and have to spend another $75 a day on other stuff. Too bad was hoping it could be applied to the room, lucky for people who got a room discount early. Then again they may not offer CBR in the free dining promo anyhow. I'm probably over thinking this.lol

I called and I cant get $75 off the room rate ): .They will give us a$75 a day free gift card. The only time we can go is traditionally free dining time, so if that happens, we would have free dining and have to spend another $75 a day on other stuff. Too bad was hoping it could be applied to the room, lucky for people who got a room discount early. Then again they may not offer CBR in the free dining promo anyhow. I'm probably over thinking this.lol

Don't worry, I think everyone is overthinking it. There's really nothing we can do until the free dining announcement is made. I think the best thing is have a contingency plan in case the free dining is a better value than $75 gift cards!

Don't worry, I think everyone is overthinking it. There's really nothing we can do until the free dining announcement is made. I think the best thing is have a contingency plan in case the free dining is a better value than $75 gift cards!

Yes have to crunch some numbers, with our Canadian dollar so low, I was hoping for $75 off the room and night and free dining, haha a girl can dream lol

Does anyone know if there is an age limit to being allowed to be the child sleeping on the murphy bed? There are five of us and absolutely loved CBR last time. My son was 9 on our last trip and he loved that bed. Can you book that room with any age child or does Disney put a limit on it in any way?

Does anyone know if there is an age limit to being allowed to be the child sleeping on the murphy bed? There are five of us and absolutely loved CBR last time. My son was 9 on our last trip and he loved that bed. Can you book that room with any age child or does Disney put a limit on it in any way?
There's no age limit; there could be 5 adults in a room with a murphy bed. It would just be a question of what you're comfortable with.

FYI, I emailed Disney regarding our stay, April 24-May 4. I've been uncertain as to whether the $75 gift card would be available each day for the duration of my stay (which is how the email from Disney with my reservation number certainly suggested), beginning May 1 (commencement of construction), or not at all (since checking in prior to May 1). The response I received, below, did not clarify things for me.

"Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

I would be happy to provide clarification in regards to the upcoming refurbishments at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Since you will be checking in prior to the compensation starting, I would recommend talking to the resort Front Desk in regards to the nights you are staying past May 1st, 2017. They will be able to discuss with you the options in regards to the compensation.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Tasha Wilusz
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit."

Just a thought... I bought the package (rooms, tickets, QS dining). We are there 4 nights = $300. in gift cards.. When I check in I will immediately add an extra day to our tickets using the gift cards. This way, I'm saving $191.00 in initial cost and will use the remainder for goodies at the Food and Wine festival AND still get my 3 park days in. (not doing HS this time) This way I'm using the GC's to help pay for my reservation package.

Just a thought... I bought the package (rooms, tickets, QS dining). We are there 4 nights = $300. in gift cards.. When I check in I will immediately add an extra day to our tickets using the gift cards. This way, I'm saving $191.00 in initial cost and will use the remainder for goodies at the Food and Wine festival AND still get my 3 park days in. (not doing HS this time) This way I'm using the GC's to help pay for my reservation package.
I had just wondered if this would work. If you go up from 3 day tickets to 5 days upon arrival, you just pay the upgraded cost, right? Anyone know any reason this wouldnt work? To pay the difference with the gift cards?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter