Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that I went MIA for a while there. My daughter and her husband have finally moved all of their things from Tennesse to Louisiana but are staying with us until their rental comes open. Then, my son-in-law was involved in an accident with an 18 wheeler (who left the scene). Insurance is being a booty so they are down a vehicle. And, my dang Dis email notifications stopped coming to me again. Thanks so much for all of you who have answered questions, left reviews, etc. I'm going to try to get caught up with all of my subscriptions and update the first couple of pages.
Ugh, I hope insurance stops being jerks and he is okay! This is a great board..thanks to you!

We are currently 3 weeks out, and I can not say how much I appreciate all of the great info in this thread! We have been to Disney several times, but this will be our first time at CBR, and we are SUPER excited! I know that I read in an earlier post that people have used Amazon Prime Pantry to ship ahead… How far out should we place our order to coincide with our arrival? We will be arriving on the 19th. Thank you!
I just ordered Amazon Prime today, oct 30 and the online form said it should arrive between Nov 2-Nov 5 so I would allow up to 5 days. Of course I don't arrive until Nov 10 so it'll be sitting there for a little bit! I filled out the shipping form with my name and arrival date (first line), along with the CBR address so they know who to hold it for. I hope it works because the prices were much cheaper than garden grocer after comparison and I only need to buy milk and bread when I arrive.

Just booked for 12/31-1/7! So excited. Have never stayed here before! Any suggestions for room requests? We only paid for a standard room. Traveling with 3 boys. 16,14 and 11. Any tips????
You may want to take a blanket for the one sleeping on the trundle. My daughter wanted to sleep on it because she thought it was fun, but she ended up in the bed with me every time she tried because she got cold. I'm sure we could have asked for an extra blanket, but we had extra space in the bed so it wasn't a big deal. I hope you love your stay as much as we did!

Our time at CBR is almost done. It has been AWESOME.

I intended reporting any issues on here, but, genuinely, there haven't been any.

We are in Jamaica 45. Even with the bridge out I would take Jamaica with the shuttle bus over Barbados. After a day walking the parks, having the shuttle bus is really good.

(Aruba shuttle is now black, Jamaica white, so you know which is pulling into OPR)

We head to a weeks cruise without wifi tomorrow, so apologies for not answering any questions after tomorrow morning for a week.

We have been in Jamaica 41 for 3 nights now. We always walk to OPR. It is an easy walk and doesn't bother us at all. I have really enjoyed being in Jamaica because we get on the bus first and get off the bus first! Win, win!! Plus, we have barely waited at all for bus transportation. So far, the only issues we have had are with temporary ride closures. No issues at all with our resort! :)

We have been in Jamaica 41 for 3 nights now. We always walk to OPR. It is an easy walk and doesn't bother us at all. I have really enjoyed being in Jamaica because we get on the bus first and get off the bus first! Win, win!! Plus, we have barely waited at all for bus transportation. So far, the only issues we have had are with temporary ride closures. No issues at all with our resort! :)
Are the bus wait time signs up yet? Someone reported they were getting ready to put them up (putting up the frames or something)

Only 11 months for us again. Unless we do July. Just got a great offer from WDW. May take our Army son if he gets his next promotion by then.

Tip for beer drinkers,

The Gift Shop sells 6 packs for $15 making it considerably cheaper than the poolside bar.

Tip for beer drinkers,

The Gift Shop sells 6 packs for $15 making it considerably cheaper than the poolside bar.
Tip for beer drinkers...do what I did. Buy a 6 pack in your home state and put it in your luggage.

Hi all arrived today.staying in Trinidad South visited the food truck this evening and was informed that today is its last day on site, this was only a 2 week trial ! Super disappointed as we were counting on a quick trip down in the morning for coffee.

Just an FYI, plan for plenty of time to get to the parks. Most days we have been fine with very little bus wait times. However, this morning we were the first to get on the bus in Jamaica. Then, we went to all the stops and there were a few scooters that had to be strapped in. It took us a full 30 minutes just to get around the entire CBR loop. Again, we have mostly been fine with the bus system. :) Just wanted to share what happened to us and what could possibly happen to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter