Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everything is pretty close, but my parents are in their 70s and they were hoping to get something close to the bus stops so they wouldn't have to walk far to their room at night. They do well in the parks but by the end of the day they are beat. For them, Barbados 16, Aruba 51 and Jamaica 41 would be a little far.

Gotcha. If it's any help, my 93 yr. old great aunt had no issues when she stayed in Jamaica 41 nor when she stayed in Barbados 16 at 92. Whenever we stay in Aruba 51 we use the Jamaica bus stop, it's really close. So for your situation I would word your request "Martinique or Barbados 14 & first floor".

They've also never stayed at CB before so I had been hoping they would enjoy the walk over the bridge to OPR in the mornings to get their coffee only it will be closed....I know we can take the shuttle, but they really loved the walk from the mansion rooms to the Mill area at POR so I was hoping to get them a similar walk at CB. They love POR and only agreed to stay here because POR was not available with free dining. To be honest, I was trying to get them to love CB as much as POR. But I keep getting thwarted. lol!

Anything in Martinique and Barbados will be comparable to the walk they're used to at POR.

Gotcha. If it's any help, my 93 yr. old great aunt had no issues when she stayed in Jamaica 41 nor when she stayed in Barbados 16 at 92. Whenever we stay in Aruba 51 we use the Jamaica bus stop, it's really close. So for your situation I would word your request "Martinique or Barbados 14 & first floor".

Anything in Martinique and Barbados will be comparable to the walk they're used to at POR.
Great, thank you!

Just got back last night. We traveled with friends and we both requested Martinique and close together. We ended up in Barbados 14. It wasn't bad, but with little kids who were tired at the end of the day we didn't make daily trips to OPR. We ate a QS meal there the night we arrived, used the pool there two nights, did trick or treating on Halloween, and ate breakfast there the day we left. Since we had the free dining most of our meals were in the parks. My kids loved the big pool and pirate play area and I thought they did a nice job with kid activities (though we only did the campfire one night and then trick or treat). The rooms were nice, but I was annoyed that we never seemed to have enough towels (family of 4), and they didn't always refill the coffee materials each night, so I had to keep requesting extra towels and sugar packets. We all got covered in bug bites one night when swimming at the Barbados small pool, so I avoided it after that. Bus service wasn't bad, I think it was just our bad luck that the bus we needed was always the last to arrive (or was leaving just as we arrived at the bus stop, so we had to wait for the next one). The busses were often very crowded and we had to stand, especially returning from the parks. We had some confusion trying to get from MK to Epcot one night for a dinner reservation because the monorail was not running. Thankfully they didn't seemed concerned that we were late when we arrived at Coral Reef and the food was wonderful.

All in all it was a great trip. Exhausting and sweaty (wasn't expecting 90 degree weather in November!), but filled with lots of fun and memories. And now I'm trying to adjust to real life again. Wish I could continue using my Magic Band to get free food, rides, etc.!

Hello fellow CBR'ers! Sorry it has taken a bit for me to post about out time at CBR but I am just getting back into the routine of everyday life. Disney depression is not as bad as I thought it would be this time around. I think coming home with the holidays right around the corner helps me focus on planning for those.

We got back from a 6 day trip on 10/27. Our trip started off with an early flight into MCO at 9:15. While we were on the train to the main terminal at the airport, I got a text saying our room was ready and we could by-pass the Customs House check-in. We got the building we requested, Martinique- Bldg. 24- 1st floor, corner room and water view. It was a great location since it was close to the bus stop and OPR. Room was very nice, just had this strange cucumber smell (at least to us). We think it was what they cleaned with. I have to say one of my favorite things in the room was the magnifying mirror with light! For someone who has poor eyesight having that on vacation sure helps! :tongue: Mousekeeping was standard, certainly kept us stacked with towels. Beds were very comfortable.

OPR food was good as long as you keep your standards in check with food production on a large scale. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus to the parks and often we had to walk at a face pace because we could see our bus approaching. Our park time was great, we kept our expectations within reach seeing we were there for Food & Wine and MNSSHP.

Many, many wonderful memories made and we are looking forward to planning our next trip!

Good morning all!

I just wanted to let you all know that I am going to start working on a new CBR information thread. Since starting this thread, the rooms have undergone a refurbishment and I have lots of new pictures and even videos to add to the first couple of pages and I may very well need more than the first two pages to add them all. I do believe that it will be easier to start a completely new thread than to go through and edit this one. So, once I get it all done, I'll post the link here so that everyone can come over and see the shiny new thread.

Last edited:
As I posted earlier today, I am putting together a new CBR information thread. If you have stayed in a room with the 5th bed, please take a moment and post your room number and tag me please so that I can post the room numbers on the new thread. Thank you all so much!

As I posted earlier today, I am putting together a new CBR information thread. If you have stayed in a room with the 5th bed, please take a moment and post your room number and tag me please so that I can post the room numbers on the new thread. Thank you all so much!

2415 and 5221 have the 5th trundle bed!

I may have missed this in the thread as I was so excited looking at the photos
But do they provide free beach towels fot guest to use?
Thanks again for a very informative thread

Yes they have free beach towels to use at the pool! The quiet pools have them too.

You may also take towels from your room to the pools and then call mousekeeping for more.

Thanks to those who provided room numbers for rooms that have the pull down bed. I've updated the "new" thread to include those numbers. I almost have the new CBR thread complete but have to insert pictures (I got a new home computer and forgot that they are all on my office computer). Fingers crossed that I have it done tomorrow so that I can post the link here.

Does the activities guide for CBR show the entire month? Anyone there now that can share the movies/activities they will have after Thanksgiving through the remainder of the month? TIA

I'm going to have to spend a lot of time going through this thread! We just booked our Disney vacation for next year at the Caribbean Beach Resort! I have never stayed there before. With our family of 6, we are limited in options of where we can stay that is affordable.

I am currently obsessed with all things Disney. It is going to be a long 13 months, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!