• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any difference in calling or faxing in requests? If I fax in a request, when should I do so?

There's no difference in the two methods. However, POR and POFQ are the only resorts that I know for a fact read and act upon faxed room requests. To be safe I would call the main reservation line and add any requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival.

There's no difference in the two methods. However, POR and POFQ are the only resorts that I know for a fact read and act upon faxed room requests. To be safe I would call the main reservation line and add any requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival.
Not always. POR didn't do anything with ours. The lovely CM at the On Line Check in Desk was amazing and she sorted us out with a Upgraded room :)

Hola! Just want to say we did indeed fax a request to CBR a few years ago and it was honored... Just an fyi

Unfortunately, as others have stated, the phone CMs are the last to know about any refurbs and sometimes they are just not told. And I can almost guarantee you didn't speak to anyone actually at CBR. All calls, even when you hit the "Front Desk" button on your room phone, are routed to a Call Center. Depending on the number you dialed, the CM will answer like they are at that resort and will do their best to have you believe they are located at that resort. There are a couple instances that they will transfer you to the resort like if you left something in your room they will transfer you to housekeeping. Or if you want to make a reservation/rent a boat they will connect you to the marina at a resort. But other than that, they will not connect you to any resort front desk. The phones at the front desk can only receive calls from the back room where they assign rooms or from the resort general manager's office.

Because of the above, the DIS is usually the best place to get correct information on things of this nature. You are most likely correct in that you won't be able to find out for sure until you arrive or hopefully somebody who follows this thread is there right now and can find out. Here are some DIS members that are there now, I will list them with the @ symbol so they get an alert and hopefully read this post and have some information.

@JonAndEmz
@wolf29
@Goose4lax
@donnaf516
@biondagirl
@KELLY
@lwc
@debsters41
@rotlex
@Melis6510
@Derryfam

If any of the above members read this, could you PLEASE find out the details of the bridge refurb? A bunch of other members coming down soon would appreciate it!

Thank you...The DIS are more reliable than the CM's!! LOL!!!

I am really aggrevated, we are checking into CBR this Friday. I requested Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. I tried reaching out to my travel agent but she is on vacation til Wednesday. If this bridge is going to be closed, it is really going to put a damper on staying at this resort. We plan on spending days at the resort and getting back and forth to the room and pool/food court is going to be
important. We are staying 9 nights. I am kind of mad that I used a travel agent as well because when you call Disney with any issues that will not even talk to you about anything if you made your reservation thru a travel agent.

I forgot to mention in my earlier review that the first night when we got there at midnight, the room seemed very warm to us (we're from PA). None of us slept that great because it just didn't seem to get cool enough. I called maintenance in the morning, and when we returned from the park that day, they had removed the wooden grate part from the a/c unit. I don't think it allows enough cool air to push out. Although it wasn't very pretty, it kept the room so much cooler that way! So, don't be afraid to call maintenance to see if they can make the room cooler for you! You're spending the money, so you might as well be comfortable!

I just wanted to post a thank you...
I haven't been on the thread much as far as posting but reading a lot... Checking in September 25th-October 3rd.
I had my room requests all set for Aruba 51-52 and then thankfully someone posted here about the bridge being closed... thank you!!!!
I would have been so disappointed to have requested/chosen a room as far away as possible.

I have spoken to 3 cm's today- Finally the last one was able to help me.
She confirmed it is closed. And after her putting me on hold and calling the resort said it is a lengthy refurb... Building a whole new bridge- it will Be closed thru November.
I'm not sure where I prefer now so she just put in that I request as close to main pool/ port royal as possible.
But, thank you for the heads up!

So they're building a whole new bridge...fine.

What I don't appreciate is them leaving guests in the dark of such major projects and having to find out via the Disboards.

Had I known back when that a major access to the main facilities would be cut off, I would not have booked here, especially in a standard room.

Now we have no other choices. And due to the lack of information, we weren't given the option to have that choice.

That is my issue with this.

Really disappointed that the bridge will be closed, we have already done our online check-in for our trip and requested Jamaica. :(

We are arriving in 10 days and requested Jamaica with online checkin. Although I'm dissapointed about the bridge being out, at this point we can't find another room without spending lots more, so we will just have to make the best of it and get in some extra walking :)

Thank being said, are there still paths from Jamaica to Old Port Royale to walk on that are not roads? We don't mind walking a little bit, just would like to be on a path an not a road.

Also, we were going to get the Refillable drink cups ( we LOVE soda and coffee on vacation so its worth it for us!) but now I'm worried we'll have to walk further to refill. Is the only refill station in OPR?

Thanks!

Thank y'all for the heads up about the bridge. Contacting the TA to see if we can request a different area. Don't know what I'd do without the DIS!

Well Im back but sad to report all did not go as well as it could have at CBR this year. As expected despite requesting Aruba or Jamaica for the 7th year in a row we again did not get our requests. Infact what we got was a nightmare. It was a corner disabled room in Barbados that had a terrible stink to it. It was smaller than a regular room, no sliding doors, no fancy furniture just a regular door with a small single sink bathroom( toilet in same room) and one huge wardrobe in the middle. The whole room was disgusting, coffee maker had mould on it and we had to step over a pile of trash to get in it( yes I took pics). They did move us to another room after one night in it ( it was late) then the next rooms AC would not go below 80 deg. They then told us they were running at full capacity and could not move us rooms or to another resort. The food court this time was terrible too. 10am and no bread or bagels left..only cupcakes. Waits of over 25 mins for kids pizzas etc...I know this is no fault of the resort either but never got to swim in the big pool once as every day they closed it due to thunderstorms being within a 6 mile radius. Housekeeping we got three days out of the 10, other days I had to call at least three times just to get clean towels, coffee sheets!! one day yes we were left with nothing on one of the beds just a bare matress. Im sad to say it but we are done with this resort, if the kids hadnt wanted to stay my husband and I would have checked out on the 2nd day. Cant believe Im writing this as we were diehard fans of this resort but this last visit has just soured us. $2278 for 10 days of Motel 6 quality. I do plan on writing a letter and I have plenty of pictures to back things up. I just hope the next person has more luck than us. :( oh and I notice someone mentioning about the refillable mugs...good luck with that too as half of the filling stations were either out of soda or not working.

I am sad now that the bridge will be out for our stay in Nov. we will be traveling with 4 kids and my 22mouth old son and I don't want to walk around the whole lake to get food every morning. :(

I am not going to request another room because we have two side by side right now and I don't want to lose that

but how long does it take to walk from Aruba to the food courts if we walk around the lake towards Barbados?

Our TA just informed us that the bridge is out from August 25-December 25. I can't believe that Disney did this with no advanced notice, I'll be 28 weeks pregnant so it will be a lot harder to get around and the last thing I want to do is have to wait and take another bus. I would've definitely picked a different resort had I known and feel that they should give us something for this major inconvenience.

Hope this is some help for some of the questions that have come up.

First once we heard about the bridge since we hadn't done online check in yet we requested building 22 in Martinique as we booked non preferred.

Second there is a path around the lake the circumference is 1.2 miles this comes from a Disney resort map we got last year. So walking distance from Aruba or Jamaica is going to be roughly .6 miles give or take what part of the village your in. The walkway is nice though flat and wel lit.

Also there is a dedicated internal bus that only stops and circles the resort and stops at each stop while not ideal it may help some.

Finally for now there was a question about refillable mugs OPR is one spot to fill them I have heard you can give them to the bartender at the main pool and they will fill them for you. I have not done that myself though.

Either way the bridge being down is a bummer but it is a nice resort so hope everyone enjoys themselves.

I will try and answer what I can if more questions come up.

Sounds good, I am not a fan of the style in the first Post :)
Just Booked!!

4th May (Star Wars Day!) till 11th May 2016 :D

Are all the rooms refurbed ones now?

Very excited! pirate:

They are still working on the Pirate Themed Rooms, but the rest of the resort has been completed.

Sounds good, I am not a fan of the style in the first Post :)

OK, just so you're clear here, YES the renovations are complete (expect as dansdad stated, the pirate rooms) BUT the pictures from the 1st page , those are the NEWLY RENOVATED rooms. So if you don't like that, oops, sorry, but that is how they look now.

Is it just the bridge under refurb? Will we still be able to access Caribbean Cay from the OPR side? I don't mind the walking, will help with all those extra F&W calories.

Does anyone know what rooms in Martinique 25 have the pull down bed?

Mickeystoontown started compiling a list of the rooms with the Murphy Bed on page #1, but it's definitely not a complete list. If you are a party of 4 and would like a room with a Murphy Bed you can have that request added to your reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter