Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely can't be taking as long to refurb the bridge as it did to refurb an entire village??

Anyone know how long the walk would be from Jamaica to OPR without the bridge?

i spoke to res. agent and she also stated that there will be a shuttle available for those who want to transport to Port Royale and main pool from villages. (with that note, at least i will have a rental car) I am stuck there because there are no other availbilities in other MOD resorts so i requested to be in a different building instead. I know it not the end of the world and i am still going to Disney, but i did expressed that the bridge should have been stated to be closed, esp for that many months! I am disappointed that i won't be crossing that bridge to see the sights.

I'm staying at CBR just for one night in a few weeks and was wondering about the internal shuttles. I can't seem to find whereabouts they pick you up from. Do they run around the outside of the resort like the park buses or are they on the internal path around the lake? I've ended up in the Pirate rooms (it was a late booking) and I know it's the furthest away from where you check in and out. Although if luggage services will come pick up my luggage I don't mind an early morning walk up there but I imagine I won't be up for it after my flight from the UK the day before.

Thanks guys, any info would be fab!

Oh well, so no peaceful walk over the bridge for morning coffee on this trip! I sure hope the "island" is going to be accessible from the OPR side. I do love to find a bench in the sun/shade and enjoy a drink with my mug.

I have never been to CBR, but looking at the map of the resort it looks like there are technically two bridges...I'm wondering if just one would be closed, so that it would still be possible to check out Carribean Cay?

I "think" that the OPR side walkways were all redone in 2008 when the main pool was renovated. It seemed pretty new when we were there in March of 08. Someone with a better memory than mine may remember differently?

I am currently on hold with Agent....I will be really upset because i could have made reservation somewhere else or upgrade to preferred. This is really BS that they decided to close this at the last minute like this. (Unless there a reason for emergency closing..ie: Bridge collapsing? doubt it!)

I totally agree! I was booked at FW and could have just stayed there had I known. :mad:

I am currently on hold with Agent....I will be really upset because i could have made reservation somewhere else or upgrade to preferred. This is really BS that they decided to close this at the last minute like this. (Unless there a reason for emergency closing..ie: Bridge collapsing? doubt it!)

Maybe you should switch hotels, sounds like the bridge is really important to you.

On Friday I Posted this message about bridge. Will call again to see what I am told.

Just called CM did not know about the bridge being closed she had to look it up, she said it will be closed on 8/26 she gave me times, but I did not remember the exact times. Sounds like it will only be one day, maybe 2 days. CM wanted to know where I got my info Disboards.

Hello all! So excited for our trip to CBR, this will be our first trip to CBR but not our first to WDW. We will arrive 8-29 thru 9-5. I talked to a nice lady working the phones for CBR and the bridge will be closed from 8-25 to mid November hope this helps.

On Friday I Posted this message about bridge. Will call again to see what I am told.

Just called CM did not know about the bridge being closed she had to look it up, she said it will be closed on 8/26 she gave me times, but I did not remember the exact times. Sounds like it will only be one day, maybe 2 days. CM wanted to know where I got my info Disboards.
As I posted before I personally spoke to CBR desk CM and he said it will be close until December-- now whether that is misinformed -- we find out. But it was also confirmed by reservation agent as well when I was looking into switching hotels/villages.

Last edited:
Hello all! So excited for our trip to CBR, this will be our first trip to CBR but not our first to WDW. We will arrive 8-29 thru 9-5. I talked to a nice lady working the phones for CBR and the bridge will be closed from 8-25 to mid November hope this helps.
So whether it nov or dec-- it still a few months not one day or few days as some posters are saying.

YES...just spoke to CBR desk clerk and he did indeed confirmed that the bridge is indeed CLOSED for refurb from Aug 27 until sometimes December....He said sometimes there is changes at the last minute of the refurb. I expressed my dissatisifaction in this. I also moved from POP century to CBR to give CBR a try. Now i regret this move!!! If anyone is staying at Jamcia you will have to walk all the round the resort to get to main pool.....I am NOT HAPPY!!!

I'm guessing there is NO time that is good when it comes to reburbishment at a resort or any park for that matter. That being said, maybe during the less busy winter season would have been better? What resort are you switching to?

I'm guessing there is NO time that is good when it comes to reburbishment at a resort or any park for that matter. That being said, maybe during the less busy winter season would have been better? What resort are you switching to?

I agree...there never a GOOD for anyone to have deal with refurb..however, at the time of reservation, i originally made ressies with POP and decieded to switch to Mod for either CBR or POR..and opted for CBR to try since i never stayed there...and took standard for i didn't MIND crossing the bridge for a nice walk in morning, but that was never revealed of the refurb at the time. That all what is my beef about. (already disappointed that Pizzafari and Liberty Tree...the 2 of my list of favorite restaurants being refurb during my vacation...and now this) I would have upgraded to Preferred or perhaps stay at POR instead...but too late now since i am leaving in 10 days so no availability . So i just simply requested different building to be closer to Port Royale as possible. That all i can do at this point. Still going to have a good time in Disney, no matter what.

Just returned from a fabulous 9 night stay at CBR. My parents, DH, DS (10), DD (6) and I stayed from Aug 13-22. We booked Preferred rooms and requested connecting rooms and Martinique. We put these requests in at the time of booking, during online check-in and also sent a fax. While waiting for our flight on the 13th, we both received texts that our rooms were ready, along with room numbers (3331 and 3332). These were connecting rooms, but they were in Trinidad North. However, connecting rooms was definitely most important to us, and we loved Trinidad North as much as we loved Martinique last time we stayed. 3331 was a corner room and 3332 had a murphy bed, which made DS VERY happy!! He comfortably slept on it every night. The rooms were very close to the bus stop and quiet pool and a short walk to OPR and the main pool. The bus stop was rarely busy...so much so that we wondered where everyone was?! Busses were rarely completely full (other than late night returns to the resort after fireworks), even after circling the resort and stopping at each village. And waits for busses was great! Where we did notice the busy-ness of the resort was the food court!! Often you had to watch for a table and snatch it up quickly. For breakfast, they would open up Shutters for additional seating, which was very helpful, but dinner time could get crazy...especially if it was raining outside! The kids LOVED the main pool! Although they didn't take part in the games or dancing, the activities staff seemed very good! We've stayed at many Disney resorts, and this is our second stay here. It's definitely our go-to! The part that we love is the feeling that you are the only people in your building! If it weren't for the crowds at the food court and main pool, I would've thought we had the whole place to ourselves!!! We were so sad to leave! Believe it or not, 9 nights just wasn't enough! The kids were ready to move in!! The room refurb is great! Beds were VERY comfortable and there were no complaints with mousekeeping. We even got a thank you note a couple days for the tip that we left! If you're booked here, you won't be sorry!!! It's definitely a Disney gem!

Just returned from a fabulous 9 night stay at CBR. My parents, DH, DS (10), DD (6) and I stayed from Aug 13-22. We booked Preferred rooms and requested connecting rooms and Martinique. We put these requests in at the time of booking, during online check-in and also sent a fax. While waiting for our flight on the 13th, we both received texts that our rooms were ready, along with room numbers (3331 and 3332). These were connecting rooms, but they were in Trinidad North. However, connecting rooms was definitely most important to us, and we loved Trinidad North as much as we loved Martinique last time we stayed. 3331 was a corner room and 3332 had a murphy bed, which made DS VERY happy!! He comfortably slept on it every night. The rooms were very close to the bus stop and quiet pool and a short walk to OPR and the main pool. The bus stop was rarely busy...so much so that we wondered where everyone was?! Busses were rarely completely full (other than late night returns to the resort after fireworks), even after circling the resort and stopping at each village. And waits for busses was great! Where we did notice the busy-ness of the resort was the food court!! Often you had to watch for a table and snatch it up quickly. For breakfast, they would open up Shutters for additional seating, which was very helpful, but dinner time could get crazy...especially if it was raining outside! The kids LOVED the main pool! Although they didn't take part in the games or dancing, the activities staff seemed very good! We've stayed at many Disney resorts, and this is our second stay here. It's definitely our go-to! The part that we love is the feeling that you are the only people in your building! If it weren't for the crowds at the food court and main pool, I would've thought we had the whole place to ourselves!!! We were so sad to leave! Believe it or not, 9 nights just wasn't enough! The kids were ready to move in!! The room refurb is great! Beds were VERY comfortable and there were no complaints with mousekeeping. We even got a thank you note a couple days for the tip that we left! If you're booked here, you won't be sorry!!! It's definitely a Disney gem!

Where did you fax it to and what did you include in the fax?

We
We also received a "thank you" note from our mousekeeper for our tip last time we were there! So gracious! Maybe the same sweet lady! (Whose name now escapes me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter