• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
36 Days to go!! I'm glad I requested Barbados, so no worries about the bridge. Hope it is done quickly for everyone! This will be the first stay at CBR where I planned an entire day at the resort. I was wondering which beach is it where you can see some fireworks? I know it is only the highest ones, but it would be a nice way to end the day.
Jamaica.

Do all of the standard rooms have a Murphy bed? Specifically looking at Jamaica 45. If not, is there somewhere to find out which rooms do have them?

For those coming down next weekend, the Jamacia/Aruba to Old Port Royale bridge will be closed for refurbishment starting Thursday 8/27. I do not have an end time as I forgot to ask. They are aware many guest request these villages for the bridge and are having additional shuttles.

Just called CM did not know about the bridge being closed she had to look it up, she said it will be closed on 8/26 she gave me times, but I did not remember the exact times. Sounds like it will only be one day, maybe 2 days. CM wanted to know where I got my info Disboards.

Just called CM did not know about the bridge being closed she had to look it up, she said it will be closed on 8/26 she gave me times, but I did not remember the exact times. Sounds like it will only be one day, maybe 2 days. CM wanted to know where I got my info Disboards.
LOL, Disboard more informed than CMs at the resort......:rotfl2:

Do all of the standard rooms have a Murphy bed? Specifically looking at Jamaica 45. If not, is there somewhere to find out which rooms do have them?

No, but they are making a list on the first page of this thread. Here is what we know of so far:

Trinidad North:

Aruba:

Jamaica

Martinique

36 Days to go!! I'm glad I requested Barbados, so no worries about the bridge. Hope it is done quickly for everyone! This will be the first stay at CBR where I planned an entire day at the resort. I was wondering which beach is it where you can see some fireworks? I know it is only the highest ones, but it would be a nice way to end the day.

I believe its Jamaica's beach you can see the fireworks from.

Thanks for the answer about fireworks. My husband and I rarely spend much time at the resorts. This is the first time we planned an entire day for exploring. Now to try to patiently wait for a few more weeks. (not possible, but I can try)

I have a question! We have decided to spend an extra day at WDW but CBR appears to be unavailable for that last night. If we add on another night at a different resort but don't add on tickets or DDP, will we still be able to enter the parks after we check out of CBR until park closing that day? I was hoping our park tickets would still be good after we checked out. We plan to check out and leave our bags at Bell Services then come back at a convenient time and take a taxi to our different resort for that last night.

Also, once we check into the second resort does that cancel our ability to enter a park? I wasn't sure how the magic bands worked once you check out and into another place.

I have a question! We have decided to spend an extra day at WDW but CBR appears to be unavailable for that last night. If we add on another night at a different resort but don't add on tickets or DDP, will we still be able to enter the parks after we check out of CBR until park closing that day? I was hoping our park tickets would still be good after we checked out. We plan to check out and leave our bags at Bell Services then come back at a convenient time and take a taxi to our different resort for that last night.

Also, once we check into the second resort does that cancel our ability to enter a park? I wasn't sure how the magic bands worked once you check out and into another place.

When you check out, it is good until that midnight. So yes, you can still go into parks (if you have any left) after you check out. Even if you check in to new resort, you old reservation still active until midnight.

When you check out, it is good until that midnight. So yes, you can still go into parks (if you have any left) after you check out. Even if you check in to new resort, you old reservation still active until midnight.
Thank you! I thought that was true but wanted some reassurance.

Despite the ticker we will be there for the 3rd year in a row in less than two weeks.

Anyone know the dates of the Bridge Closure?

If not I will try and update if I can get any info on that.

Question about the coffee maker. Can you get just hot water (tea, oatmeal, etc)? Does it smell like coffee?

Keep checking - you might find availability opens up.

47 days to go so excited. Trying to sort our holiday money. Just wondering if anyone can tell me how much they let you spend on your account before they charge your credit card? Just I would rather pay off cash at resort before they charge my credit card thanks

Question about the coffee maker. Can you get just hot water (tea, oatmeal, etc)? Does it smell like coffee?
We've always run water through ours for oatmeal. Don't remember my oatmeal tasting like coffee. I imagine a couple rinse through a of just water would do the trick. Defiantly use bottled water though, because the tap water makes oatmeal, coffee or tea taste TERRIBLE.

We've just returned from our first stay at CBR, let me just say that my DW was 100% correct.(as usual) After 6 yrs in a row at POR we have been converted to CBR fans. We stayed at Jamaica 42 room 4206, we had 2 requests: ground floor and Jamaica both granted. Booked standard but when we arrived we got upgraded to Garden View. 4206 does not have murphy bed. Absolutely loved everything about this resort. We love how big the resort is, loved my morning walks around the lake, never really seemed that busy except when we went to the loud pool( which our 8yr old DD loved and our 3yr old DS loved) I personally enjoyed the quiet pool, hardly anyone there so even the kids liked having the pool all to themselves. I called 8844 for current BB offers, the only one she said that is currently being offered is Free Dining. This BB offer starts August 26th. So we booked for next year from Aug 26-Sept. 2..very excited.. The only way we get over our depression of leaving is booking for the following year!! Thank you all for the imformation that is shared on this thread, it was a great help since this was our first stay here at our NEW HOME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter