Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We just returned from another wonderful trip to the BWI. The weather couldn’t have been any better and the parks weren't as crowded at all. We did not go to HS,I am a retired cast member and my Main Gate was blacked out. I am not a huge Star Wars fan anyway, so I did not miss the crowds. The cast members up in the Innkeepers Club were fantastic, as always, and made our trip extra special. We stayed in the garden suites this time. I liked the extra space, but my husband was not very fond of them. We will proBabylon not stay in them again. He really likes just being on the 4th floor. Well only 8 more weeks until I am back there with my daughter-in-law and granddaughter, so I am looking forward to that!

We just returned from another wonderful trip to the BWI. The weather couldn’t have been any better and the parks weren't as crowded at all. We did not go to HS,I am a retired cast member and my Main Gate was blacked out. I am not a huge Star Wars fan anyway, so I did not miss the crowds. The cast members up in the Innkeepers Club were fantastic, as always, and made our trip extra special. We stayed in the garden suites this time. I liked the extra space, but my husband was not very fond of them. We will proBabylon not stay in them again. He really likes just being on the 4th floor. Well only 8 more weeks until I am back there with my daughter-in-law and granddaughter, so I am looking forward to that!
As mentioned, we've got them booked in April. What did your husband dislike the most? We took a look at them last week when were there...just walked the sidewalk and commented on how one of the balcony rooms would be great..but even the non balcony are certainly a change from the standard hotel room. My husband like the closeness of the quiet pool and just the quietness in general. We've stayed BWI many times, and last time we had a deluxe room over the boardwalk. Sometimes it got a little loud but I always like the view. My concern is that I'm gonna miss a good view while in the garden suites.

As mentioned, we've got them booked in April. What did your husband dislike the most? We took a look at them last week when were there...just walked the sidewalk and commented on how one of the balcony rooms would be great..but even the non balcony are certainly a change from the standard hotel room. My husband like the closeness of the quiet pool and just the quietness in general. We've stayed BWI many times, and last time we had a deluxe room over the boardwalk. Sometimes it got a little loud but I always like the view. My concern is that I'm gonna miss a good view while in the garden suites.
He just was lazy and didn’t like walking to the lounge! It wasn’t bad at all. I loved being near the quiet pool. He didn’t hate it, just not for him. I would stay there again. It was nice and quiet. I loved the bigger fridge and the microwave. Having the balcony was so nice too. I am an early riser, so having the downstairs was such a nice thing for me

He just was lazy and didn’t like walking to the lounge! It wasn’t bad at all. I loved being near the quiet pool. He didn’t hate it, just not for him. I would stay there again. It was nice and quiet. I loved the bigger fridge and the microwave. Having the balcony was so nice too. I am an early riser, so having the downstairs was such a nice thing for me
My favorite thing about them, two bathrooms!

I have probably an odd BWV question. It has been several years since we stayed here and I can’t even remember where our room was except that we walked forever, anyway, the bus ride took forever so we would get off at the Swan, I think, and walk over to Boardwalk. We are staying here this next trip and I’m curious if we do the same thing, if our room in on the swan dolphin end, is there a door there, an elevator? Even if there is a door, will we have to walk to the middle to find an elevator to get to our room if it’s above the first floor, I just haven’t stayed here enough to know! Thank you
We just returned from BWV and our room was on the very far end. We got off at the Swan many times as it was much closer for us to get to our room . There are doors on the back of the building that you can use. The first set of doors (coming from the Swan) brings you to the stairwell to all 5 floors. It is much easier to take the stairs to your floor, then to your room. There is only one set of elevators and they are just off the lobby. A very, very long walk!

My BWV trip is still 6mo away, but I am getting Disney-itis big time.

I can't wait until our stay!!

Any new Boardwalk Bakery breakfast items? Last time we were not super impressed with out options, the everything bagel with just an egg with gross!

I have heard good things about the new lunch menu items.

We are on the dining plan and are interested this year to try the BoardWalk Pizza options this year. Via Napoli is our go to for pizza, but we want to try something new.

We are 33 days out from our Disney vacation at BWI. I’m so hoping all goes well so we don’t have to cancel. My DM is about to get out of the hospital after a month long stay. I thought I was going to lose her a few weeks back, but she’s slowly recovering, so yay! Now my DFIL is ill with heart failure. He has an appt 4 1/2 hrs away in early January to try to get a solution. We’ll be going too. I hope DFIL is ok & it goes well. And I just want to say I’ve been a member of Disboards for a few years and no matter how crappy things are in my life or how down I am, reading everyone’s posts always has lifted me, got them thru those bad times, made me feel not as sad, and not so alone. So a big Thank You & Merry Christmas to all the Dis members, y’all are all wonderfully awesome! 🤗

We are 33 days out from our Disney vacation at BWI. I’m so hoping all goes well so we don’t have to cancel. My DM is about to get out of the hospital after a month long stay. I thought I was going to lose her a few weeks back, but she’s slowly recovering, so yay! Now my DFIL is ill with heart failure. He has an appt 4 1/2 hrs away in early January to try to get a solution. We’ll be going too. I hope DFIL is ok & it goes well. And I just want to say I’ve been a member of Disboards for a few years and no matter how crappy things are in my life or how down I am, reading everyone’s posts always has lifted me, got them thru those bad times, made me feel not as sad, and not so alone. So a big Thank You & Merry Christmas to all the Dis members, y’all are all wonderfully awesome! 🤗
Best wishes that all goes well with your mother and FIL and you have a wonderful visit to WDW!

Merry Christmas to you, too! Here's hoping you are strolling on the Boardwalk in just a few weeks!

Last edited:

Good luck to your family.

Hugs to you and your family!

That's the flavor I wanna try, just saw it I think on a DFB video, I'm keto so I'll skip the waffle bowl. No carbs in the ice cream right? Right? :rotfl2:
My favorite thing to get there is the ice cream shots. It’s small egg size scoops of your favoite 6 or 8 flavors. I forget now how many they put in it. It’s just enough for 2, 3 bites of each flavor.

Hi all!!!
Which side would you recommend for the least walking? The Friendship Boats and bus stop seem to be in the middle of the Inn/Villas? Does one side have shorter hallways and more direct access to boat, bus and main pool? Are the rooms preferable at one over the other?

Hi all!!!
Which side would you recommend for the least walking? The Friendship Boats and bus stop seem to be in the middle of the Inn/Villas? Does one side have shorter hallways and more direct access to boat, bus and main pool? Are the rooms preferable at one over the other?

The first thing you need to think about is how many real beds your group needs. When Disney shows the number of people that a villa sleeps, they do not all get real beds. Sofa beds, pull down beds, etc., are counted as though they are real beds. If there will only be one person, or two people who will share a bed, continue with the questions you are asking. But if there will be more people than that, you first need to consider where they will be happy sleeping.

Hi all!!!
It’s hard to compare inn to villa in my opinion
Villa is like staying at a condo
Inn is like staying at a hotel
That said, if you really don’t mind where you stay
The pool with activities is on the villa side
Bus and boat are accessible off the lobby so really doesn’t matter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter