• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thank you Best Aunt & AngiTN! There’s just 2 of us, DD and myself, so either bed set-up will work. Is the feature pool a hike from the inn? It’s hard to judge on a map😬.

I believe you both stay club level frequently(?) and I have a question; CL at the BWI is running about $200 night more than a GV room. For that money we could get the DDP. Just trying to reconcile if CL is worth it or is the DDP a better value/experience?

Would love and appreciate your thoughts on this (or anyone’s thoughts)!

My BWV trip is still 6mo away, but I am getting Disney-itis big time.

I can't wait until our stay!!

Any new Boardwalk Bakery breakfast items? Last time we were not super impressed with out options, the everything bagel with just an egg with gross!

I have heard good things about the new lunch menu items.

We are on the dining plan and are interested this year to try the BoardWalk Pizza options this year. Via Napoli is our go to for pizza, but we want to try something new.
I’m not sure about the bakery’s breakfast items but did want to throw out the idea of Belle Vue lounge for breakfast :) I enjoyed their breakfast sandwiches and chocolate croissants.

Thank you Best Aunt & AngiTN! There’s just 2 of us, DD and myself, so either bed set-up will work. Is the feature pool a hike from the inn? It’s hard to judge on a map😬.

I believe you both stay club level frequently(?) and I have a question; CL at the BWI is running about $200 night more than a GV room. For that money we could get the DDP. Just trying to reconcile if CL is worth it or is the DDP a better value/experience?

Angi can give you advice about Club Level. I'm DVC so I have only stayed Club Level once, at Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas, and that was only because there was a tour I wanted to do which was only available to people staying Club Level. I never get the dining plan.

You need to think about what you want to eat and when you want to eat it. You need to think about the hours that the club level lounge serves food, and whether you will be there to take advantage of it.

We do not enjoy the dining plan. It’s too restrictive and never matches how we eat.
We find the food in the lounge to be more than enough. I personally could eat every meal and never buy food. DH wants at leasts one meal somewhere each day.
We also really partake of adult beverages in the lounge. We get way more than $200 worth out of the food.
But, we don’t spend tons of time in the parks any more. We are as happy at the resort as we are in the parks. 2, 3 hours a day for parks is enough for us, for longer trips. Probably spend more time a day for shorter trips.

The BWI is not huge, nothing is a hike from anything so no, the pool is not far from the Inn side. There’s a pool here on the Inn side too. Quiet one. Just think of the entire resort as a center hub (the Lobby) and the green and everything branching out of that. The pool is just next to the green. The green is right by the boat launch. The lobby stairs come down to the green. The bus stops are right off the lobby.

I can't answer if it's better than the CL experience, but we always do the DDP. We usually have a snack/coffee for breakfast, a larger meal at lunchtime, and then a TS dinner. We also enjoy a couple snacks that we will split, and don't mind bringing a few treats home at the end of the trip. With the alcoholic beverages included, we typically make out better than the cost per day- and we only get the drinks with dinner, not at a QS lunch.

However, as Best Aunt said, you have to think about how you and DD eat. Like AngiTN, it might not be a good match for you. There's a lot of debate on if the DDP is "a good value", but I would say the value depends on who you are and how you typically eat. Sounds like for CL you might need to also consider when you like to eat and match that to their schedule as well.

Thank you all for your thoughts and experiences! We are currently booked at AKL at the end of March and due to the ongoing construction there, are considering BW. Plus, we primarily will be going to Epcot. I want to switch before the room discount expires in a couple days!

We always do the regular DP as it works best for our family.

We do spend quite a bit of time in the resort as we get older, so the CL level offerings work for us.

We get breakfast in the CL every morning. We take an afternoon break every day, so we like to get a few beers to either take to the pool or our room.

The CL has the best potato soup! DD and I could eat bowls and bowls of it. We like to snack around the evening time before we head back out to the parks and before our dinner. We also get a few more beers for the evening.

For us the CL cost upgrade would come about even. DH and I can drink quite a bit of beer :)

My mother/father never get the DP as they do not eat that way, but they do get their money's worth out of the CL food and drinks.

DH, DD14 and I arrive on Thursday to the villas. Unexpectedly need to have something delivered to the resort from Amazon (I’d gladly ship it to me before we leave but with the holiday, it won’t get to us in itme)

Anyone have recent experiences or can confirm what address to use? The one on the main post lists the PO Box version...which when I’ve had stuff delivered to other resorts on longer trips, that’s not the one to use.

So excited for the trip...although why DH waits until now to mention he needs new insoles or sneakers, I don’t know :sad2:

DH, DD14 and I arrive on Thursday to the villas. Unexpectedly need to have something delivered to the resort from Amazon (I’d gladly ship it to me before we leave but with the holiday, it won’t get to us in itme)

Anyone have recent experiences or can confirm what address to use? The one on the main post lists the PO Box version...which when I’ve had stuff delivered to other resorts on longer trips, that’s not the one to use.

So excited for the trip...although why DH waits until now to mention he needs new insoles or sneakers, I don’t know :sad2:

We've always used the one in the "Shipping to and from Disney Resort FAQ" Sticky.

Disney’s BoardWalk Inn / Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
2101 North Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8442

When Amazon ships to my house, I never know in advance what shipping method will be used. And it seems like sometimes it starts with one service but then gets turned over to USPS.

Keep in mind that if it comes UPS (or FedEx, but my understanding is that Amazon is trying not to use FedEx anymore), it will be delivered to the BoardWalk convention center's business office. The convention center's business office has limited hours. Last time I had something delivered that way, I was always at a park during those hours. I went to the hotel's front desk and they were able to retrieve the package for me after the convention center business office had closed. It was a very small box so I waited in the lobby and carried it to my room myself. Not sure how it would have worked if the box had been too heavy for me to carry.

If it is arriving by USPS, my understanding is that it will go to a central receiving location first, which will cause a delay. From there it will be delivered to the hotel's front desk.

For the shipping address, I go to Disney's website, go to the resort and click on the Overview tab. That page will have the resort's address. In this case, it matches what @dansdad says.

I put the name of the resort in the first line.
In the second line I put: Hold for Guest [my name]

I never put my arrival date or reservation number. There usually isn't room on the form. I have shipped to several different Disney resorts and have never had a problem when I left out that information.

Expect a service fee whether the package is delivered to the convention center's business office or the hotel's front desk.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/business-centers/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

Cross posted from the CL thread
Some new info coming out of BWI CL this morning
They no longer offer small bottles of Dasani water. You can fill your own or they have a few large glass bottles you can fill to take to your room. Few being important. We opted to fill to go coffee cups till a glass bottles returned

and
Drum roll........
No more omelette station on Sunday!
It will now be a Mickey waffle station
Tomorrow, New Year’s Day, is the final omelette station morning
They had the waffle station this morning and Lene informed us it will be the new Sunday offering for the new year. We got our omelette on Sunday but slept in this morning so didn’t get a waffle, just saw the set up being taken down. From what I saw there’s a topping bar too

My husband and I stayed BWI CL back in March with a room that had a great view of the Boardwalk. We are taking our son to the resort for his birthday this year and currently have a garden view room booked. I'm going to be watching for the opportunity to change it to a water view. If we are unable to change, is the experience that different? We loved the resort, overall, but really loved feeling like a part of the Boardwalk. This might be a stupid question, but do you still feel as connected to all of the activity if you don't have the room view?

We're staying in April at the grand villa, and we were thinking of doing room service for dinner the first night so everyone can relax and enjoy the space (especially that balcony!). Can you still do room service with the points villas? And is the room service food any good? We're looking for at least decent here...

I also read that boardwalk room service can order from Flying Fish - is that true? and if we order that as our room service can we still use our DDP? (If so we'd be thrilled to sacrifice the 2 credits per person to have that in the room!)

My husband and I stayed BWI CL back in March with a room that had a great view of the Boardwalk. We are taking our son to the resort for his birthday this year and currently have a garden view room booked. I'm going to be watching for the opportunity to change it to a water view. If we are unable to change, is the experience that different? We loved the resort, overall, but really loved feeling like a part of the Boardwalk. This might be a stupid question, but do you still feel as connected to all of the activity if you don't have the room view?
We stay CL and you can’t book a view, just request one so we’ve had many stays with a room looking at the garden. I’ll say yes I prefer Boardwalk view but we still love it stays without one. It’s more peaceful and serene. Hard to explain I guess

You can try to request a Boardwalk Green view, which isn’t exactly a water view but still looks out on the Boardwalk activity.

Also, some of the garden view rooms have a decent view of the Epcot Forever fireworks, which seem to be higher in the sky than the old Illuminations show. We recently stayed in room 4302, and were very pleasantly surprised by this fireworks view:

Quick question about the Speedway station across from the Boardwalk. We’ve passed by it any number of times but didn’t pay much attention to the particulars.

It appears to be walking distance from the BWI, but is it walkable? I can’t remember if there are crosswalks across the boulevard, or if the traffic makes this trip something you would not want to try on foot.

My husband is interested in picking up some adult beverages for the room when we go in February, and we’re wondering if the Speedway is a viable alternative. Thanks for any advice!

Quick question about the Speedway station across from the Boardwalk. We’ve passed by it any number of times but didn’t pay much attention to the particulars.

It appears to be walking distance from the BWI, but is it walkable? I can’t remember if there are crosswalks across the boulevard, or if the traffic makes this trip something you would not want to try on foot.

My husband is interested in picking up some adult beverages for the room when we go in February, and we’re wondering if the Speedway is a viable alternative. Thanks for any advice!

Yes, it is walkable--do it all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter