Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We should have just asked, but it was sprinkling and we kind of figured if we looked around the main pool and didn’t see it there must not be one. I had thought I had read there was a kiddie pool like the little one at POR or Pop, but we’re either blind and missed the obvious, it’s kind of hidden, it’s gone, or there just plain wasn’t one lol. Even with a little kiddie pool it would be our least favorite deluxe pool and pool area- not bad by any means, just our least favorite. The worst of the best I guess 😊.

Same for us. Least favorite Deluxe pool, for families with little ones at least. We are spoiled by the beach entry at most deluxe pools and a great splash pads for the kids as well. Boardwalk has neither. In fact it gets deep quick if your little ones are still learning to swim, meaning they pretty much have to play on the stairs. For bigger kids I imagine this pool is great as the slide is really long and theres plenty of deeper water. We do like that there is a real playground attached to the pool since many have been removed from the deluxes over the years. We only stay Boardwalk in cooler weather when we know the pool isn't a major part of the day.

If you post which “standard view” you have booked, you’ll get more recommendations and more details too. :)

We have almost always booked Boardwalk view and have only stayed DVC pool/garden once and DVC standard view once, so there might be some additional worthwhile advice out there for you!

We are renting DVC standard view deluxe studio villa. Edit: We have not received a reservation yet. We gave the company we are booking through a deposit and was told they will let us know once a member accepts. The company said there is availability for our dates.
I hope that clarifies. :) This is our first time renting.

Last edited:
Apologies in advance from ( reasonably old non digital) longtime BW member since 1997??. First post. Great forum but having no luck with my problem. I am finding it impossible to make my desired reservation our last few trips. My wife and I prefer a standard view studio to save on points But they are NEVER available even when I make the reservation exactly 11 months ahead and at exactly 8am. The first night is already listed as UNAVAILABLE and Im pushed to a garden or BW view. Anyone have this same issue? Am I doing something wrong? Very frustrated as we have had to cut back on our trips since we are using up more points. WDW really has not been much help. Thanks in advance and apologies if this is the wrong forum

Eric Z

What time of year are you trying to book? Times that used to be quit are now very busy. Also, people “walk” reservations now.

I have a question about the International Gateway. If Epcot closes at 9:00 and we get in line for Soarin' at 8:45, will we have any trouble exiting through the IG to walk back to the Boardwalk? How long does the IG stay open after Epcot closes and Epcot Forever ends? I imagine we would be out of Soarin' some time between 9:30 and 10:00 depending on the line.

I have a question about the International Gateway. If Epcot closes at 9:00 and we get in line for Soarin' at 8:45, will we have any trouble exiting through the IG to walk back to the Boardwalk? How long does the IG stay open after Epcot closes and Epcot Forever ends? I imagine we would be out of Soarin' some time between 9:30 and 10:00 depending on the line.
The line for Soarin' at closing is not very long- should not be an issue. The IG will be open.

We have eaten at Rose and Crown, watched Illuminations, and then had dessert after the show. So, exited around 10:30? There were CMs there to make sure we (and others finishing up their meals) exited the park and didn't wander around, but did not have an issue getting to IG and back to BW at all.

The line for Soarin' at closing is not very long- should not be an issue. The IG will be open.

We have eaten at Rose and Crown, watched Illuminations, and then had dessert after the show. So, exited around 10:30? There were CMs there to make sure we (and others finishing up their meals) exited the park and didn't wander around, but did not have an issue getting to IG and back to BW at all.

Thank you I was hoping that was the case! I am so looking forward to the convenience of walking back to our room.

I would not worry about the buses to MK, they have been really good in our most recent trips. The only time there was a problem, was there was an accident on the road causing a delay. I would not bother to walk to the BC.

We also used Minnie Van's for the 1st time this year. They were fantastic and will use them going forward. I will make sure to budget them in! If I am concerned about getting to MK, I would take a Minnie Van. They are quick and easy. Take you to the bus area instead of the TTC where Lyft/taxi/Uber's go to.

We will also be at BWV in June, we go every year!! We love the quiet pool on the Villa side, there are always noodles and it's so peaceful and relaxing.
Approx how much does the minnie van cost to get to MK? Also, is there a perk as to using them over uber?

Approx how much does the minnie van cost to get to MK? Also, is there a perk as to using them over uber?
As I understand it, there are some places Minnie Vans are allowed to go (i.e., right up to Hoop-De-Doo) that other rideshare services are not allowed to go.

Uber has to drop you off at Transportation and Ticket Center. Minnie Van can drop you off at Magic Kingdom; it has a parking slot reserved where the Disney hotel buses park. Also minnie van has two car seats; it can be hard to request an uber with 1 and they do not have 2. You can price it out by putting the lyft app on your phone and set boardwalk as pickup and magic kingdom as drop off.

If you do not need carseats you can have uber drop you off at contemporary and walk to mk from there.

As other's states above, the advantage of using a Minnie Van for MK is that they drop you off right up where the buses are. Uber has to drop you off at the TTC, then you take a monorail or the ferry over.

The cost of the MInnie Van is higher than a Uber/Lyft. We were given a coupon for Lyft so it made the cost more comparable. The cost is dependent on your location, I think our ride with the discount and tip was less than $20.00. Regular Lyft options were less than that.

Also, we have had great Uber drivers for sure, but the Minnie Van drivers have been spectacular. Above and beyond fantastic customer service. We talked and listed to Disney music, talked and played some trivia games. It made for a spectacular experience that will keep using using Minnie Van's whenever possible. Our budget for this June's trip has a Minnie Van allowance.

As other's states above, the advantage of using a Minnie Van for MK is that they drop you off right up where the buses are. Uber has to drop you off at the TTC, then you take a monorail or the ferry over.

The cost of the MInnie Van is higher than a Uber/Lyft. We were given a coupon for Lyft so it made the cost more comparable. The cost is dependent on your location, I think our ride with the discount and tip was less than $20.00. Regular Lyft options were less than that.

Also, we have had great Uber drivers for sure, but the Minnie Van drivers have been spectacular. Above and beyond fantastic customer service. We talked and listed to Disney music, talked and played some trivia games. It made for a spectacular experience that will keep using using Minnie Van's whenever possible. Our budget for this June's trip has a Minnie Van allowance.
Thank you for all of the great info!

JenniJ asked this early and I’m continuing it. We are booked June 14 for 6 night DVC-Rental at Boardwalk Studio, garden/pool view.
What are the best locations for getting to Epcot and can you see Epcot Forever from BWV? What’s a good pool view?
Thanks, YO

What’s the current thinking on average times from Boardwalk to HS via Boat vs, Skyliner? Also, how long is the walk? Coming from the Inn..not villas.

What’s the current thinking on average times from Boardwalk to HS via Boat vs, Skyliner? Also, how long is the walk? Coming from the Inn..not villas.
It's a mile. So 15, 20 min if you walk slow.
Boat is slower, 25 min
No clue on the skyliner
It's too easy to walk, so you are in control of all aspects of transportation. No waiting on anything if you walk

For the Skyliner, I think you would have to walk to Epcot, wait in line and take the Skyliner from Epcot to Caribbean Beach Resort, get off, then wait in line and take the Skyliner from Caribbean Beach Resort to Hollywood Studios. Seems like a pain in the neck to me. But I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to the Skyliner, so if I'm wrong somebody will correct me.

For the Skyliner, I think you would have to walk to Epcot, wait in line and take the Skyliner from Epcot to Caribbean Beach Resort, get off, then wait in line and take the Skyliner from Caribbean Beach Resort to Hollywood Studios. Seems like a pain in the neck to me. But I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to the Skyliner, so if I'm wrong somebody will correct me.

This is correct. There is no direct route from Epcot to HS via skyliner.

From the Inn you’d walk over the bridge toward Epcot, and the Skyliner station is just before you get to the boat dock. In early November we usually found about a five minute wait to embark there. The ride to CBR is maybe 10 minutes? At CBR station we never encountered much of a wait at all, and the trip to DHS is very quick. I think the Epcot to/from DHS trip was a total of 20 minutes or so (we made the round trip several times during that visit.)

The advantage of taking the Skyliner vs. the boat would be related to having to wait for the boat. We’re old and prefer to save our legs for touring the parks, so we generally don’t walk to DHS. If we came out of BWV to see the DHS boat just leaving, we might consider walking over to the IG for the Skyliner instead of waiting for the next boat - because we really enjoyed riding the Skyliner!

ETA The real joy in riding the Skyliner was that it made hopping between DHS and Epcot much more feasible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter