Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I'm so excited reading this thread. In March DH and I booked a surprise trip for 09/11-09/18 for our kids (okay okay and us) and our options with free dining were some mods, AKL and Boardwalk. Hubby said we should stay someplace we haven't yet (AKL was November 2017) so we booked Boardwalk. Given all of the GE stuff that has happened since I'm so glad we did! So excited.. the kids still don't know and it's coming up fast :)

BWI is a beautiful resort, you will love it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

We are going in November and were slightly disappointed that we couldn't get a discount for our stay in club level. I don't know who cancelled their reservation yesterday, but because of them, we were able to get the cottage for less than our regular priced club level room. I'm so excited!!!!!! I'm so ready to be spoiled after a difficult year. Who can tell me more about them?

We are going in November and were slightly disappointed that we couldn't get a discount for our stay in club level. I don't know who cancelled their reservation yesterday, but because of them, we were able to get the cottage for less than our regular priced club level room. I'm so excited!!!!!! I'm so ready to be spoiled after a difficult year. Who can tell me more about them?

I can't help with the cottages as we've never stayed in one, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Love the cottages. Like your own private getaway. No big deal being away from the lounge level
What specific questions do you have?

We will be at BWV starting Sept 27. My in laws are locals and plan to spend one day with us. I have read a few reports that the parking lot is very large and that it can be a long walk to the lobby.
They are both in their 80’s and have handicap tags on their car. They really can’t handle a long walk to the lobby (don’t know how close the handicap spots are or if they will be full)
We have a magic band from a previous trip we could give them. I was wondering if this would work to get them through the gate, and then valet park? We have never driven, so don’t know how it works. I want to pay for their valet parking if they do it- can they scan the magic band and have it charged to my room?
They won’t use the band for anything else.
Any advice is appreciated

Just got back Saturday from a weeks stay at BWV. We had a studio and I requested a high floor overlooking the Village Green. I got exactly what I asked for. Top Floor (Floor 5) and overlooking the Village Green. Could see the Boardwalk and Spaceship Earth and some of the fireworks from Illuminations. Great Location (Room 5059).

Was me and 2 kids (DS20 and DD18) DH stayed home - he is not as big of a Disney fan as we are. I slept on the Queen Bed. DS on the pullout couch and DD on the Bed that pulled out of the wall. Worked out great.

Love staying at BWV - one of my favorite places. We did do a DVC Tour one day when it was really hot and didn't have any pressing plans. We were at HS at the time. They drove us to Saratoga for the tour. Very low key and no pressure at all. Got $150 in Disney Gift Cards and 4 Anytime Fast passes (not good on the newer rides). I gave the kids the gift cards - so they were very happy with that. Of course they thought we should buy points - they liked the look of the new Riveria Resort. But with 2 kids in college - not buying anytime soon. Especially when a friend of ours rents us his points very cheap...

Just got back Saturday from a weeks stay at BWV. We had a studio and I requested a high floor overlooking the Village Green. I got exactly what I asked for. Top Floor (Floor 5) and overlooking the Village Green. Could see the Boardwalk and Spaceship Earth and some of the fireworks from Illuminations. Great Location (Room 5059).

Glad you had a great trip :).

Are there any particular ones that I should request?

We love the cottages, too! Personally we like one of the cottages with a balcony instead of a garden (1205, 1206 & 1207). They have a different orientation, more of a two story shotgun style rather than a loft. They can feel a bit darker than the other cottages, but we like that because we prefer the quieter, enclosed feeling of these bedrooms.

We're staying at Boardwalk Villas for the first time in 5 weeks time.
I've rented points and got a studio villa.
What sort of room should I ask for at check in?
We've got two kids, one is 3 and the other is 10 months so we have a double stroller.
Planning on doing HS and Epcot the 4 days we are there with 1 resort day, so no need for the bus, we're hoping to walk or take the boat.
We've never been to the resort before so no idea of which location we want to be in.

We've got two kids, one is 3 and the other is 10 months so we have a double stroller.
Planning on doing HS and Epcot the 4 days we are there with 1 resort day, so no need for the bus, we're hoping to walk or take the boat.
We've never been to the resort before so no idea of which location we want to be in.

a) Which category?
When the reservation was made, it was either booked as Standard View, Boardwalk View or Garden/Pool View. You didn't tell us which one. That is the first thing which will determine location.

b) Calling in a room request
I assume you are not a DVC member. You personally cannot call in a room request. The member who made the reservation would have to call Member Services for you.

c) Options at online check-in
I haven't done online check-in at BWV in awhile, so I don't know what the current options are. Historically, the online check-in options at all Disney resorts have been a mess. They sometimes offer options which aren't even available at your resort.

d) Making a request when you get there
Don't count on being able to make a room request when you get to the resort. It's possible that there will be more than one empty studio in your category, but Epcot's Food & Wine festival will be going on at that time. BWV tends to be pretty full then.

I requested to be near the elevators, which was great because we didn't have to deal with the long walk down the hallways that many find frustrating. Have fun!

We just moved our reservation for the end of Oct from YC to BWI Club level! I am so excited 4 nights at BWI then moving over to BCV for 2 weeks! The fall can't get here soon enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter