• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Just a quick pop in to report that I got our room ready text on the way to work this morning, at 7:45 :)
Granted, this is one time we didn't take an early flight. We don't land until 4:30 this afternoon.
Got the corner room on top of Flying Fish. We've stayed in there several times. Nice location to watch the Boardwalk

Have a great trip!

I'm a little worried because of things I saw in another thread. How worn down/shabby chic are the BWV rooms? Especially the grand villa? I know we won't get towels/mouse cleaning, which we're fine with, but I still want to have a WOW experience with the grand villa! Someone reassure me we won't regret booking it!

Stayed in a grand villa twice. I like the ranch style (one floor) better than the townhouse style (2 floors).

Both "wowed" us! In fact - the ranch style could have been on HGTV with its "open concept." ;)

You always have the option of purchasing additional housekeeping services on any day. For a Grand Villa it would be $75. Maybe this will help you get the WOW experiencer...

This would include the following:
  • Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes
Note: rental guests booking via a Disney resort reservation will receive daily housekeeping services.

Dave

Don't do this! They pick up the garbage daily now, since the new policy of checking out the rooms. I think they also dropped more towels for us when they did this (not 100% sure).

We wash our towels at night - put them in the dryer - then voila! Towels!

Vacuum & dust - we only do this if we drop something. Take it back - I think one of us runs the vacuum around the dining room table. Clean the kitchen? - it is very easy to keep clean!

There's a lot of you in the villa - all could pitch in to keep it clean!

We are really looking forward to our first stay at the BWI next month! I just read a review that this is the only deluxe resort where the pool bar does not have a wait staff, was wondering if this is true? Not that it makes a huge difference but that was something we enjoyed having at the GF and I'd rather know going in whether or not to expect the same here

The bar is so close to the tables & chairs - I don't think you'd need wait staff. And it never seems to be super busy that you have to wait a while for your drinks......

We are really looking forward to our first stay at the BWI next month! I just read a review that this is the only deluxe resort where the pool bar does not have a wait staff, was wondering if this is true? Not that it makes a huge difference but that was something we enjoyed having at the GF and I'd rather know going in whether or not to expect the same here

There was no one walking around 2 weeks ago. It’s not a far walk to the bar anyway, unless you’re at the quiet pool. Even then, it wasn’t bad at all.

We finished up a week at BWI on 7/13. I'm having withdrawals from daily trips to the Bakery and/or Ample Hills.

Booking didn't seem to pay any attention to our room request, and our room wasn't available until well after check-in time. We requested a high floor room facing EPCOT. Ended up with a second floor room on the corner facing another room and an interior courtyard. Technically an "upgrade" to a garden view, but not one I'd pay for, lol. That said, the room was very nice and we had a great time.

We loved the resort overall and the entertainment on the boardwalk (and in the lobby on those rainy evenings). It was our first stay at the Boardwalk, but it won't be our last.

Checking in on Saturday for a week. Can not wait!! Need to find my Minnie Umbrella I bought last time. Looks like rain in the forecast most of the week (but doesn't it always..)

Just back last night. We stayed in room 2326 for 5 nights. It was wonderful. Out of my 4 WDW stays so far this year, this room and resort were so much better taken care of than the others. It restored my faith in Disney.
Room 2326 faces the BWI quiet pool and is a corner room, same level as the lobby. I loved it! It was immaculate.
We love the Epcot area, but always stayed YC/BC for the pool complex. I think i actually now prefer the BWI b/c of the great entertainment right outside at night. Of course, it is accessible easily if staying at YC/BC but not as easily as already being there.

The only thing I found to be problematic, is that I couldn't find a place to grab a meal in the rain. We were planning a MK evening and wanted to grab an early dinner before leaving when DD3 woke up from her nap. Well a FL afternoon storm blew in at that time, so we just hung in the room for an hour until it slowed down enough to venture out for a bite. We ordered at the pizza window but then there was nowhere dry to sit and eat. There is no reason to avoid BWI b/c of this, but it would be ideal if they could find a small space to have some sort of indoor quick service.

As far as walking to DHS, it took me exactly 15 minutes from my room to security at DHS. I forgot to time my walk to Epcot, but it was even more quick, and I had to go back to the lobby to take the elevator with my stroller first.

Can't wait to go back!!

Just back last night. We stayed in room 2326 for 5 nights. It was wonderful. Out of my 4 WDW stays so far this year, this room and resort were so much better taken care of than the others. It restored my faith in Disney.
Room 2326 faces the BWI quiet pool and is a corner room, same level as the lobby. I loved it! It was immaculate.
We love the Epcot area, but always stayed YC/BC for the pool complex. I think i actually now prefer the BWI b/c of the great entertainment right outside at night. Of course, it is accessible easily if staying at YC/BC but not as easily as already being there.

The only thing I found to be problematic, is that I couldn't find a place to grab a meal in the rain. We were planning a MK evening and wanted to grab an early dinner before leaving when DD3 woke up from her nap. Well a FL afternoon storm blew in at that time, so we just hung in the room for an hour until it slowed down enough to venture out for a bite. We ordered at the pizza window but then there was nowhere dry to sit and eat. There is no reason to avoid BWI b/c of this, but it would be ideal if they could find a small space to have some sort of indoor quick service.

As far as walking to DHS, it took me exactly 15 minutes from my room to security at DHS. I forgot to time my walk to Epcot, but it was even more quick, and I had to go back to the lobby to take the elevator with my stroller first.

Can't wait to go back!!

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed BWI :wizard:.

Looking at another sites room request pictures. We are booked for a garden view. Does anyone know for sure if the rooms with the large balconies facing village green are in this category? I haven't subscribed to anything so I'd just be making the request over the phone.

Since I know this comes up a lot here's a bus sharing report
Just got on a bus to AK, at 2pm
We are sharing with Swan/Dolphin. According to the sign at AK, this is the standard route. Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin at the same loading zone. Boardwalk is the first stop leaving the park, and the first stop going to the park.

We went to MK last night at 7pm. Did not share. Left after VAH at about 1:30a did not share

Last edited:
Don't do this! They pick up the garbage daily now, since the new policy of checking out the rooms. I think they also dropped more towels for us when they did this (not 100% sure).

We wash our towels at night - put them in the dryer - then voila! Towels!

Vacuum & dust - we only do this if we drop something. Take it back - I think one of us runs the vacuum around the dining room table. Clean the kitchen? - it is very easy to keep clean!

There's a lot of you in the villa - all could pitch in to keep it clean!
Oh that's actually great to know!

I'll be fine running the dishwasher and loads of towels at night - we'll have 8 people including a 3 month old so I assume we'll need to. But with the laundry right these and a dishwasher vs handwashing it's barely any work!

I was more worried about wear and tear anyway, because of a specific review I'd seen. But honestly I think some people will complain about anything!

We checked in last night and I’m in love with this resort. We had booked standard view, but got upgraded to garden and it’s beautiful. This resort is an amazing balance of hustle and bustle as well as incredibly peaceful places. Also, thanks for the recs for the pizza window. That’s what we ended up doing last night and it was great.

So when I check the touring planes Lines app it no longer lists hot breakfast choices at the Boardwalk Bakery. Can anyone confirm they are still selling the bounty platter or hot breakfast choices? Thanks

So when I check the touring planes Lines app it no longer lists hot breakfast choices at the Boardwalk Bakery. Can anyone confirm they are still selling the bounty platter or hot breakfast choices? Thanks
From the Disney website:
Everything Everything Sandwich
Everything Bagel, Cage-free Egg and Cheddar served with Apple Slices

$7.99
Butter Butter Sandwich
Shaved Ham, Scrambled Eggs and Buttery Fontina Cheese Spread on Brioche Bread served with Apple Slices

$8.79

Ooey Gooey Sandwich
Cage-free Egg, Cheddar, Mozzarella, Capicola, Bacon and Oven-dried Tomato on an Artisan Roll served with Apple Slices

$10.79
Side of Bacon

$2.99

I was worried about Boardwalk being large and sprawling but the Inn side is only 378 rooms. Compared to the 580 at Beach and Yacht each the walk to get anywhere at Boardwalk shouldn’t be too bad. So the walk from the farthest Garden View room can’t be but a few minutes from the Luna pool or lobby correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter