Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I was worried about Boardwalk being large and sprawling but the Inn side is only 378 rooms. Compared to the 580 at Beach and Yacht each the walk to get anywhere at Boardwalk shouldn’t be too bad. So the walk from the farthest Garden View room can’t be but a few minutes from the Luna pool or lobby correct?
Few minutes from the lobby, yes.
The room count is misleading the way you are using it.
At YC/BC the Lobby is in the center of each resort. So from the lobby to the furthest room in either resort would be only about 290 rooms away (roughly)
At BWI the lobby is also in the middle and the Inn is only on 1 side of that. So you could be 378 rooms from the lobby, using the number and going out from the lobby.

Few minutes from the lobby, yes.
The room count is misleading the way you are using it.
At YC/BC the Lobby is in the center of each resort. So from the lobby to the furthest room in either resort would be only about 290 rooms away (roughly)
At BWI the lobby is also in the middle and the Inn is only on 1 side of that. So you could be 378 rooms from the lobby, using the number and going out from the lobby.

Thanks, great info for us, too. May I ask a follow up question about room access/entrance/exits? We've stayed at B/C before and always requested a room closest to Epcot to reduce walking to W/S (we're empty nesters in our 60's and 70's). That's always worked out great! Because of a nice AP discount we're staying at BWI for the first time, so again requested a room (we have Garden View) closest to Epcot. Now looking at the map I'm not sure there's any access to rooms closest to Epcot other than the lobby. Seems like there should be, and there may be because it would make sense to have outside access at that end (similar to B/C), but can't tell for sure from the map. I guess my question is, did I shoot myself in the foot with the request of room 'closest to Epcot'? If you have to go through the lobby, maybe I should have asked for 'closest walk to Epcot' ?
Hope you get my point, even I got confused typing this...ha!
Anyway, thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have, and hope you are all having a magical day!
:goodvibes

Last edited:
I can’t find information on whether or not all standard rooms at BWI have full balcony. Also, what SV room request if you don’t want view of parking lot?

Thanks, great info for us, too. May I ask a follow up question about room access/entrance/exits? We've stayed at B/C before and always requested a room closest to Epcot to reduce walking to W/S (we're empty nesters in our 60's and 70's). That's always worked out great! Because of a nice AP discount we're staying at BWI for the first time, so again requested a room (we have Garden View) closest to Epcot. Now looking at the map I'm not sure there's any access to rooms closest to Epcot other than the lobby. Seems like there should be, and there may be because it would make sense to have outside access at that end (similar to B/C), but can't tell for sure from the map. I guess my question is, did I shoot myself in the foot with the request of room 'closest to Epcot'? If you have to go through the lobby, maybe I should have asked for 'closest walk to Epcot' ?
Anyway, thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have, and hope you are all having a magical day!

You are correct, the only access to Epcot is from the lobby. There’s no secret door access at BWI

You do have to go back towards the lobby. Not all of the way, but almost. There is a staircase and an elevator near Belle Vue Lounge that will take you down to the ground floor where the exit is.

I can’t find information on whether or not all standard rooms at BWI have full balcony. Also, what SV room request if you don’t want view of parking lot?
MOST have a full balcony. There are very few without one. Some even have an oversized balcony.
Sorry no help on location for SV. We are always Club level when we stay there

So we’re doing a last minute Labor Day weekend stay at BWI and I’m curious if there’s anything similar to Cruise Cup at BWI - we typically always end our nights there when we stay at YC/BC with the kids for a night cap beverage and snack. Is Belle Vue Lounge similar to the Cruise Cup perhaps? Couldn’t tell...

So we’re doing a last minute Labor Day weekend stay at BWI and I’m curious if there’s anything similar to Cruise Cup at BWI - we typically always end our nights there when we stay at YC/BC with the kids for a night cap beverage and snack. Is Belle Vue Lounge similar to the Cruise Cup perhaps? Couldn’t tell...
Abracabar would be more similar to that. They have small bites of food (website is not updated to show this but we got home this morning and am positive they offer food) and nightcap offerings. Belle Vue only has food for Breakfast.

Last edited:
We will be at BWV starting Sept 27. My in laws are locals and plan to spend one day with us. I have read a few reports that the parking lot is very large and that it can be a long walk to the lobby.
They are both in their 80’s and have handicap tags on their car. They really can’t handle a long walk to the lobby (don’t know how close the handicap spots are or if they will be full)
We have a magic band from a previous trip we could give them. I was wondering if this would work to get them through the gate, and then valet park? We have never driven, so don’t know how it works. I want to pay for their valet parking if they do it- can they scan the magic band and have it charged to my room?
They won’t use the band for anything else.
Any advice is appreciated

So kinda weird question lol . New to the DDP.
If I order the Pretzel Frankfurter at Leaping Horse at the pool I can also get a $12 specialty drink too included?

So kinda weird question lol . New to the DDP.
If I order the Pretzel Frankfurter at Leaping Horse at the pool I can also get a $12 specialty drink too included?
If the Frankfurter counts as a meal point and not a snack point, yes. Last time we went we all got salads and sandwiches at the bar and they came with drinks. I had gotten nachos and a Pina Colada I think.

Checking in on Saturday for a week. Can not wait!! Need to find my Minnie Umbrella I bought last time. Looks like rain in the forecast most of the week (but doesn't it always..)

Hope you're having a good time :wizard:.

We checked in last night and I’m in love with this resort. We had booked standard view, but got upgraded to garden and it’s beautiful. This resort is an amazing balance of hustle and bustle as well as incredibly peaceful places. Also, thanks for the recs for the pizza window. That’s what we ended up doing last night and it was great.

BWI is a great resort, glad you're having a great time and enjoying the resort :).

We will be at BWV starting Sept 27. My in laws are locals and plan to spend one day with us. I have read a few reports that the parking lot is very large and that it can be a long walk to the lobby.
They are both in their 80’s and have handicap tags on their car. They really can’t handle a long walk to the lobby (don’t know how close the handicap spots are or if they will be full)
We have a magic band from a previous trip we could give them. I was wondering if this would work to get them through the gate, and then valet park? We have never driven, so don’t know how it works. I want to pay for their valet parking if they do it- can they scan the magic band and have it charged to my room?
They won’t use the band for anything else.
Any advice is appreciated

I can't answer your questions, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

I'm so excited reading this thread. In March DH and I booked a surprise trip for 09/11-09/18 for our kids (okay okay and us) and our options with free dining were some mods, AKL and Boardwalk. Hubby said we should stay someplace we haven't yet (AKL was November 2017) so we booked Boardwalk. Given all of the GE stuff that has happened since I'm so glad we did! So excited.. the kids still don't know and it's coming up fast :)

Since I know this comes up a lot here's a bus sharing report
Just got on a bus to AK, at 2pm
We are sharing with Swan/Dolphin. According to the sign at AK, this is the standard route. Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin at the same loading zone. Boardwalk is the first stop leaving the park, and the first stop going to the park.

We went to MK last night at 7pm. Did not share. Left after VAH at about 1:30a did not share
this is great info, thanks. We are planning on attending the last VAH and I was wondering about taking the bus back

I'm so excited reading this thread. In March DH and I booked a surprise trip for 09/11-09/18 for our kids (okay okay and us) and our options with free dining were some mods, AKL and Boardwalk. Hubby said we should stay someplace we haven't yet (AKL was November 2017) so we booked Boardwalk. Given all of the GE stuff that has happened since I'm so glad we did! So excited.. the kids still don't know and it's coming up fast :)
Surprise trips are the best! We surprised our kids one year - we had so much fun that trip. Throughout the years, I've tried to surprise them different ways. Our kids are teens now and I still do little things as a surprise for our Disney trips. Enjoy!

I was worried about Boardwalk being large and sprawling but the Inn side is only 378 rooms. Compared to the 580 at Beach and Yacht each the walk to get anywhere at Boardwalk shouldn’t be too bad. So the walk from the farthest Garden View room can’t be but a few minutes from the Luna pool or lobby correct?

The farthest room (on the DVC side) is quite a trek from the elevators. But - if you take the stairs down at the end of the hall way - it leads out between the two pools - the clown pool & the DVC pool. So its nice to have choices.

Though - it is a trek from the elevators - which can be annoying at the end of a tiring day. Just saying. :)

Sorry if this has been asked previously or is listed somewhere. Is there a Coke Freestyle Machine at the resort?

I know I read this somewhere in these pages but now can't find it...where is the location on the app to find the times when the next bus is arriving going to a particular park. I googled it but the link I found must have been for an older version of the app because the direction no longer got me to the right spot.

I'm curious. I have a standard view room booked at the Inn and saw that they face the entry way to the resort. I don't particularly care about the view, but will we get noise from the resort entrance? I hate the sound of the trucks/buses when they back up.

Do the rooms facing the lake near the boat launch get a lot of noise from the boats as well? I wonder what that would be like if they started early for the DHS 6 AM openings.

Normally I wouldn't mind so much but we don't rope drop nearly as often as we used to. I think only once or twice on our last trip. It's just me and my wife.

We stayed at Boardwalk once in a garden view room and used the TP room finder to request a room that had a view of the Eiffel Tower over the trees and it was great. And pretty quiet.

Thanks!

I know I read this somewhere in these pages but now can't find it...where is the location on the app to find the times when the next bus is arriving going to a particular park. I googled it but the link I found must have been for an older version of the app because the direction no longer got me to the right spot.
It won't show till your are there but it's under
My Resort.
Or you can click
My Plans
and then
View Room Details

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter