Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Your map is confusing because it looks like everything is all on one level. I think you have to go up a flight to get from Boardwalk itself (where Bakery is) to the bus stop, that's why I suggested going up the big stairs, into the back of the hotel lobby and then out the front of the hotel lobby. Other people will chime in if I'm wrong.
Only thing I do is skip going through the lobby. Go up the outdoor stairs next to the lobby. Saves a few dozen steps

Looks like the red line followed that path

Last edited:
Staying at Boardwalk for the first time this Oct. What are your favorite restaurants within walking distance?

Il Molino's at Swan/Dolphin. Great bar, really good meatball appetizer and a pretty good Caesar salad. The bar staff is very very good. Good appetizer pizza's too.

Last edited:

Staying at Boardwalk for the first time this Oct. What are your favorite restaurants within walking distance?

Have a great time! The BW is our favorite. We really like Big River Brewery, Cape May Dinner Buffet at the BC, Boardwalk Bakery, and Flying Fish.

There are many places to eat with in walking distance, all of the eateries at YC/BC, Swan/Dolphin and BW are close. I have not done this but, I have heard that many people walk to France in the AM and get something to eat. They have amazing pastries!

Wonderful! DW and I have stayed at the Boardwalk many times. However, while we appreciate deluxe hotel accommodations we have basic food needs. A good counter service meal is fine for us. You might want to post this question over on the Restaurant forum.

Staying in one of the Epcot hotels puts a large number of restaurants in walking distance. Especially if you have park tickets. We always had hoppers or AP's so we would wander over to Epcot for a meal at least once per day. The Boardwalk Bakery would frequently provide breakfast or a snack. And of course there would be a few trips to the ice cream shop. And we would have at least one lunch or dinner at the Big River Brewery. Basic bar food but the location on the Boardwalk is quite nice, especially if the weather is good and you can get an outside table.

Once you include all of the restaurants in Epcot you will not be at a loss for something different to eat.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Hi All,

Will be staying at BWV for upcoming vacation. I've read conflicting info regarding bus transportation to MK. Does BW have dedicated bus service to MK or are the buses to MK shared with other EPCOT area resorts ?

My daughter and I are taking a last minute trip, like I just booked Thursday the 26th and we will be there this Thursday, last minute trip.... Anyway, airline prices killed me so I’m looking to save a little by getting some groceries for breakfast and lunch in our room at BWI. We just have a regular garden view room and not a villa. My main question is, has anyone had groceries delivered? And what is the process? I saw where Publix delivers now but do they deliver straight to your room or to the front desk? If my room is not ready, do they hold the cold stuff? Our flight doesn’t get in until 11:30am so I’m hoping by the time we get there, our room may be ready. We are using magical express but if all else fails, I would be fine taking an Uber there and back. I’m just not wanting to lose so much park time running back and forth to the grocery store. Any thoughts?

Hi we just got back last week. In the past I have used Amazon Prime Pantry..However this time I did not. to be honest I just took a carry on and put bagels, tea bags, small peanut butter packets, granola bars etc. Just snack/quick breakfast bite type. There are grocery delivery services but I believe they have a minimum order and honestly if you are NOT in the villas, we were not either, all you have is a small fridge to work with. My room had no microwave.

My main question is, has anyone had groceries delivered? And what is the process? I saw where Publix delivers now but do they deliver straight to your room or to the front desk? If my room is not ready, do they hold the cold stuff?

You will find that a lot of people have used various grocery delivery services. I use Garden Grocer. Yes, they will keep your cold stuff cold and deliver it to your room once it is ready. All you have to do is call down to bell services to have the groceries brought up to your room.

You will find that a lot of people have used various grocery delivery services. I use Garden Grocer. Yes, they will keep your cold stuff cold and deliver it to your room once it is ready. All you have to do is call down to bell services to have the groceries brought up to your room.
That is amazing! Thank you!

Hi we just got back last week. In the past I have used Amazon Prime Pantry..However this time I did not. to be honest I just took a carry on and put bagels, tea bags, small peanut butter packets, granola bars etc. Just snack/quick breakfast bite type. There are grocery delivery services but I believe they have a minimum order and honestly if you are NOT in the villas, we were not either, all you have is a small fridge to work with. My room had no microwave.
Thank you! My cold items will be minimal. We are hoping to get by with just carry-ons this trip. I keep going back and forth of whether or not it’s with the hassle...... I tell myself what the heck, you’ve already spent xyz why not just spend abc too........ I haven’t fully decided yet. We are only staying 4 nights so I’m not even sure if it’s worth it to get food delivered..... I’ve never booked a last minute trip so I’m kind of scrambling......

Hi All,

Will be staying at BWV for upcoming vacation. I've read conflicting info regarding bus transportation to MK. Does BW have dedicated bus service to MK or are the buses to MK shared with other EPCOT area resorts ?

Our recent stays at the BWV, the bus service has been really, really good. The AM bus to MK was dedicated just for BW, did not share with any other resorts. The bus on the way home from MK, was BW only too.

I think we did share once with Swan/Dolphin coming back from AK, but it was quick and easy.

When we were there earlier this month, they sold flats of the tiny (8oz) bottles. But they also sold gallon jugs, we bought those and used then to refill the water bottles we brought with us from home... much cheaper and less waste.

That's a good idea. Thanks! We're flying in and won't have a car. I've thought about doing the Garden Grocer thing, but we really don't need much. Even though we'll have a 1br this trip I'm not planning on cooking any meals. We do like to put water bottles in the freezer the night before to take to the parks with us the next morning.

I’m thinking of upgrading to boardwalk cottages and I’ve read different experiences, so I have a few questions 1)are there two TVs 1 up and 1 down?
2)what size mattress is king or queen?
3)is there secret staircase to the club and I am I correct in assuming it’s 4 flights to get to club? Where is the staircase.
4)how far is club from cottage if going into building (no secret staircase)?
Thanks for any help. The cottage looks adorable but I don’t know how big a hassle it is.

I’m thinking of upgrading to boardwalk cottages and I’ve read different experiences, so I have a few questions 1)are there two TVs 1 up and 1 down?
2)what size mattress is king or queen?
3)is there secret staircase to the club and I am I correct in assuming it’s 4 flights to get to club? Where is the staircase.
4)how far is club from cottage if going into building (no secret staircase)?
Thanks for any help. The cottage looks adorable but I don’t know how big a hassle it is.
1. Yes
2. King
3. We didn't bother with it
4. Didn't find it far at all. Go in the bottom floor to the elevator, up to 4, then down hall to end, turn enter door, short walk to lounge. Took less than 5 minutes. Never bothered us at all. Less walking than any of our stays at AKL were. And we had one of the last cottages, 11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter