• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I wanted to share something that is really just an interesting tidbit about the layout of the resort and it's proximity to Epcot
When at BWI last week, DH and I decided to run over to Epcot to grab ice cream in France. I wanted an Ice Cream Martini, which is why we didn't just do Ample Hills.
So, we left everything in the room, even phones (on chargers), and ran over. It was actually liberating, to walk in the park with not only no bag (normal for us) but empty pockets too.
Well, we walked back to France and you'll never guess what happened, my Apple Watch dinged with emails. We were so close to the room it connected to my phone while standing in the back of the France pavilion.
I mean, I knew we were close to the park and all that, we could hear the band in the UK, and other faint park noises when were outside on the porch. But I had no clue it was THAT close.
We were in the next to the last cottage along the part of the building that faces the Boardwalk, #1211

That is awesome! Do you mind me asking how you like your Apple watch?

I have a silly question… I have been to the boardwalk many times but only to visit. I am staying at the boardwalk for the first time this July and I am wondering if we still have to drive in each time and speak to the guard (there always seems to be a long line) or after we check in is there a gate we can just use our magic band to get in and out of?? Thanks so much for any info!

That is awesome! Do you mind me asking how you like your Apple watch?
I love it. I don't use much of anything in the fitness aspect of it but rest of the notifications I love. Emails, texts, voice recording texts (feels very Star Treky talking to my watch), alerts about weather, alerts about shipments and deliveries, Apple Pay, buying Starbucks, boarding the airplane. So many things I don't have to get my phone out for. And I don't have the latest generation either. I believe the latest version has some capabilities that allow it to work independent of the phone where mine needs the phone nearby for most everything other than time and maybe tracking steps.

I have a silly question… I have been to the boardwalk many times but only to visit. I am staying at the boardwalk for the first time this July and I am wondering if we still have to drive in each time and speak to the guard (there always seems to be a long line) or after we check in is there a gate we can just use our magic band to get in and out of?? Thanks so much for any info!
All resorts have 2 lanes, one with a guard and one that works off a MB.

Does anyone have the link to list of amenities in the room? I'm working on my packing list. We prefer liquid bath soap. Did they install any of the wall hanging dispensers in the villas? 29 days and counting!

As far as I know, the bathroom wall hanging dispensers have not been installed in any DVC rooms.

24 days and counting until our second stay at BVW. Our Magic Bands came today, it's getting real! I do have a quick question I hope somebody can answer. My DD and I are flying in on May 29 and using ME to get to the BW. My sister and her family will be traveling up from the Ft. Myers to stay with us a couple of night, they'll be driving and arriving on June 1. I'm going to mail their Magic Bands to them so they'll have them when they arrive. What will they need to do when they arrive? Will they need to check in with the guard at the gate, or can they just scan their MB at the other gate?

Short answer is it depends. Are they listed on the reservation?

If they are listed, then their magic bands will be activated when you check-in or the day of your arrival if you are doing online check-in.

Dave

Short answer is it depends. Are they listed on the reservation?

If they are listed, then their magic bands will be activated when you check-in or the day of your arrival if you are doing online check-in.

Dave

Yes, they are listed on the reservation. I added them so they could stay at the resort with us and use the amenities if they want.

Then they should be all set but just to make sure. Please share your reservation number with them should the have any issues at the guard shack if the automated gate does not read their MBs when they arrive should you be out and about when they arrive.

Dave

There are 5 deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor and 5 on the 4th floor. Last December, we were in a Deluxe on the 4th floor. It's very cool, you can see the entire boardwalk, great place to people watch and the room is a nice size, with a second TV/sitting area. While there was room for 2 on the balcony, this December I've requested a room on the 3rd floor, as others have stated that third floor balconies are larger. I'm hoping someone who has stayed deluxe 3rd floor will pop in with a review/pictures of the balcony.
Thanks for your advice :)

Then they should be all set but just to make sure. Please share your reservation number with them should the have any issues at the guard shack if the automated gate does not read their MBs when they arrive should you be out and about when they arrive.

Dave

Thank you!

Sorry, another Village Green room view question. In looking at TP room views I noticed that it's inconsistent, but a lot of the village green rooms on the 5th floor are category water. Is it possible that the 5th floor rooms are water view? I'd hate to request a room and have it be not in my ressie category. Thanks!

Sorry, another Village Green room view question. In looking at TP room views I noticed that it's inconsistent, but a lot of the village green rooms on the 5th floor are category water. Is it possible that the 5th floor rooms are water view? I'd hate to request a room and have it be not in my ressie category. Thanks!
Note that many times the view categories are incorrect on Touring Plans. As are things like bed size, Handicap, etc. The room location they show on the map is correct but that's all I go by. I've checked many of our rooms after check in and found half as many wrong as they had right.

I guess they rely on Disney giving them the info and I'm not sure they gave them the updated info, changed the rooms, or what.

I love it. I don't use much of anything in the fitness aspect of it but rest of the notifications I love. Emails, texts, voice recording texts (feels very Star Treky talking to my watch), alerts about weather, alerts about shipments and deliveries, Apple Pay, buying Starbucks, boarding the airplane. So many things I don't have to get my phone out for. And I don't have the latest generation either. I believe the latest version has some capabilities that allow it to work independent of the phone where mine needs the phone nearby for most everything other than time and maybe tracking steps.

Thanks! I've been thinking about getting one. I don't usually like wearing a watch but I think this one might be worth getting used to it!

I had room 5063 on the 5th floor at the Boardwalk Villas with a Village Green view and it was perfect :yay: By looking to the left from my balcony, I could see Spaceship Earth, The Beach Club, The Yacht Club and Crescent Lake :love: It is considered a garden/pool view category :cloud9:

Which side of the resort are you interested in, the Villas or the Inn?

On the Inn Side of the resort there are a split of water view / garden view rooms that actually face the Village Green. Rooms 5273 - 5285 are all classified as Garden views and overlook the Village Green. Then next 6 lower numbered rooms have a good view of the Village Green but also a view of Crescent lake / Swan / Dolphin / Yacht Club / Beach Club.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter