Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

This is a question that probably applies to all resorts but we're (5 of us) staying at BWI in early June for 7 days. For 2 of those days we have a family member who is staying offsite and is planning to tour the parks with us. He has his 2 day park hopper so is all set on that front. My question, is he permitted to park at BWI (he is renting a car) and travel with us using the bus service?

On the Inn side yes there is a downside to the ground floor. You will need to take an elevator or stairs to get to the lobby floor which is the egress to the bus stop and Boardwalk. On the other hand, you can exit on the ground floor if you are visiting the quiet pool, but if the Clown pool is a goal, again--up the elevator or stairs cross over the lobby and down again to the pool level on the Villas side. I would stick with lobby floor for convenience with strollers, etc.

Thanks! I've clueless when it comes to this resort. Lol. Didn't know lobby was one up from ground. Any other suggestions? Also have a smoker in our group. Does anyone know how difficult it would be to get out of room and go to a smoking area if not on ground level?

This is a question that probably applies to all resorts but we're (5 of us) staying at BWI in early June for 7 days. For 2 of those days we have a family member who is staying offsite and is planning to tour the parks with us. He has his 2 day park hopper so is all set on that front. My question, is he permitted to park at BWI (he is renting a car) and travel with us using the bus service?
No, he will probably be turned away without a room or restaurant reservation. Have him park at the park of the day and you can meet him there. Sorry, but the BWI/BWV parking situation is difficult enough for people staying at the resort you shouldn't try to have an office guest park there.
Denise

Thanks! I've clueless when it comes to this resort. Lol. Didn't know lobby was one up from ground. Any other suggestions? Also have a smoker in our group. Does anyone know how difficult it would be to get out of room and go to a smoking area if not on ground level?

Tough to know where the smoking areas may or may not be since Disney is constantly moving them but not making map changes. There was an area just off the lobby (to the left tucked into a corner). It is just beyond the stairway to the Boardwalk from the front of BWI. Not sure about others, but this one is obvious because you can see it as you exit the BWI and walk toward the bus stop.

The short answer is he may be allowed to park at the Boardwalk. The lot(s) are often very full due to convention activities and during some periods only resort guests are permitted to park. Just make sure that he knows your hotel information: name on the reservation and the room number helps.

If he is turned away from parking at the Boardwalk due to overcrowing, he can always pickup 1 or more members of your group and then they will be able to park for free at any of the parks. Just need someone to show a resort ID to the parking attendant.

Dave

There really aren't any good "secret" doors as there is at BC, but I think gometros was trying to say that on the Villas side of BW, you can walk to the south end of any hall, use the stairs and exit on the canal side (which also faces the Swan). This will place you in closer proximity to DHS and put you on the walkway to it.

Thanks for the clarification—I’m staying on the Inn side. So is my best best for DHS to navigate to the lobby, follow signs for the villas, walk to the end of the hall and exit outside? Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification—I’m staying on the Inn side. So is my best best for DHS to navigate to the lobby, follow signs for the villas, walk to the end of the hall and exit outside? Thanks!

Exit out the front doors from the lobby and turn left. THIS WAS THE WRONG ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION. It was answered properly above and gometros corrected it below. I was confusing this question with another about the DSA. As stated below, I have been ill and must have gone to Tahiti for a few moments.

From the Inn side go through the lobby to the Villas side, turn left and walk as far down the hall as you are able--exit to the pathway to DHS>.

Last edited:

Exit out the front doors from the lobby and turn left.

That is not correct. That will take you to the convention center and the busses. They need to get Sydney to the Boardwalk level and sube the intent is to stay indoors as long as possible, walking to the end of the main hallway on the villas side is the most efficient.

From the Inn side, walk through the lobby and make a right past the store. Take that hallway all the way to the end where room 2001 is. There's an exit there that takes you to the path to DHS.

Hello can anyone tell me if the BWI Garden view rooms either have a pull down bed or a couch. I see posted that the room has two queen beds, but I was hoping that there is a couch or daybed in all rooms as well. There are 4 of us but my two boys prefer not to share a bed so I need the extra sleeping space. Thank you in advance.

Hello can anyone tell me if the BWI Garden view rooms either have a pull down bed or a couch. I see posted that the room has two queen beds, but I was hoping that there is a couch or daybed in all rooms as well. There are 4 of us but my two boys prefer not to share a bed so I need the extra sleeping space. Thank you in advance.
There will be a sofa that converts to a daybed.

That is not correct. That will take you to the convention center and the busses. They need to get Sydney to the Boardwalk level and sube the intent is to stay indoors as long as possible, walking to the end of the main hallway on the villas side is the most efficient.

From the Inn side, walk through the lobby and make a right past the store. Take that hallway all the way to the end where room 2001 is. There's an exit there that takes you to the path to DHS.

Yes, it does and the smoking area in question is behind that walkway (to buses and convention center) between the stairs to the Boardwalk and the walkway. I think you are confusing my two posts. This answer was in response to someone's inquiry about a DSA. :flower1:

I agree with you on staying inside as long as possible and using the Villas hallway to the pathway to DHS--which was answered separately from the DSA question. AND never mind, I see a second post that I made where I did say to go left out the front doors--not sure where I got that one, thinking I meant to go through the lobby and turn left--I have pneumonia and I may have been in a haze on that one. I really did answer it properly before that post.

Last edited:
Hello Mexi

Thank you very much I was worried that some of the rooms only had two queen beds and not a sofa for extra sleeping. I really appreciate your response.

Exit out the front doors from the lobby and turn left. THIS WAS THE WRONG ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION. It was answered properly above and gometros corrected it below. I was confusing this question with another about the DSA. As stated below, I have been ill and must have gone to Tahiti for a few moments.

From the Inn side go through the lobby to the Villas side, turn left and walk as far down the hall as you are able--exit to the pathway to DHS>.

Sorry, not specific enough. The main hallway of rooms, toward 5001/4001/3001/2001 (depending on your floor)

Thank you both so much!! I think I got it now ;)

Page 3 rescue!!!

There is a smoking area right near the garden suites...by the inner courtyard...I am not a smoker ..but am a stroller...lol..and saw people there relaxing while having a smoke during my walks...There is a bench..and a large standing ashtray too...and is in a shady area inder a tree...

There will be a sofa that converts to a daybed.

Just saying Hi my friend !! :wave2: Any trips coming up??

Can anyone give me some advice please?:) We are staying for our honeymoon this coming October and we have a Deluxe Club Level room booked.. I have read there are some rooms on the third and some on the fourth. Can anyone give me a recommendation for a room/floor? I read the third floor rooms have larger balconies but I figured the rooms on the fourth floor would be nicer because there higher up! Thank you in advance! :)

Last week at BWI we had a direct bus to AK there and back, no extra stops. :)

How long did it take to get to AK? And just for curiousity, about how long did you wait for the bus?

On the map, it looks like you can walk from Boardwalk bakery through the main building to the bus stops--is there a more direct route? Just curious mostly, I'm sure we'll figure it out once we're there :)

How long did it take to get to AK? And just for curiousity, about how long did you wait for the bus?

On the map, it looks like you can walk from Boardwalk bakery through the main building to the bus stops--is there a more direct route? Just curious mostly, I'm sure we'll figure it out once we're there :)

Not sure what map you're looking at. The entrance and exit for the Boardwalk Bakery are on the Boardwalk, not in the hotel. Are you planning to stop in the Bakery before going to AK, and are looking for the best way to get from the Bakery to the bus stop? Or are you planning to go from your room directly to the bus stop and thought the Bakery was a short cut?

From the Bakery, I would go back to the hotel, walk up the big steps on the outside, go inside the lobby and back out to the bus stop. The bus stop is on the lobby level.

If I needed an elevator - I always stay in the Villas, so I would take the path on the right side of the hotel to get into the hotel and get on the elevators there. I would take the elevator up to the lobby level.

But somebody else probably has other ideas.

I made a note last time: got on the bus to AK at 8:50 am, got off at 9:03 am.

Hi @BlueSkies :wave2:

Nice to “see” you! We are staying off property this summer (no parks just finishing up details for our big move to Florida next year YAY!) so I will be missing my beloved BWI. We have reservations to eat at Trattoria so at least we will be able to visit.

Hope all is well with you. I see you have some trips coming up real soon. Enjoy and I can’t wait to hear all about it when you return.

Kenny the Pirate just reported that the Friendship Boats to DHS will be down effective May 7. They will still run to Epcot. This sucks. The main reason I chose BWV is because DHS is DD's favorite park. We always take the boats to save steps and I really don't want to take a bus. I guess we will take the walk. It'll be November so not the awful heat of August. There's no expected date for them to be back.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter