Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

If your towncar is doing a grocery stop, shouldn't you be looking for pre-made salads and sandwiches at the grocery store? I'm pretty sure you could find those at Publix, although I haven't looked myself.

Jeeeesh - I didn't even think of this. They do indeed bring us to PUBLIX so yes, we can grab something there as well.

Overthinking things, as usual! Just have been able to grab something at Goods to Go at OKW which is right at the Hospitality House the past few trips, then pop on the bus right there. Boardwalk is a little different, where you need to go out on the Boardwalk to get a QS meal, but the variety is so much better!

Bottom line - this is supposed to be the "new" non-commando, oldie couple's first laid-back, serendipity trip . . . and I'm already failing, hahaha. Plan, plan, plan . . .

Very excited for our first stay at BWV in a 1 bedroom with a rental car. Where should we drive to for groceries? (Breakfast and lunch items, milk, beer/wine, maybe an easy dinner or two to put in the oven.) I was hoping to go to Costco, but it looks quite far away, were hoping for something closer. Thanks!

Very excited for our first stay at BWV in a 1 bedroom with a rental car. Where should we drive to for groceries? (Breakfast and lunch items, milk, beer/wine, maybe an easy dinner or two to put in the oven.) I was hoping to go to Costco, but it looks quite far away, were hoping for something closer. Thanks!
Publix, Super Target, Walmart, and Winn-Dixie are all in reasonable driving distance from BWV. We like Publix best!

When we stayed at the Boardwalk we would drive over to the Walmart on 535. That was before the Publix was built across the street from the Walmart. Publix will have the better deli, bakery, and prepared foods. And slightly higher prices on regular groceries.

We splurged on a 1BR at the BWV for one trip. It was wonderful!
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

We are staying at the BW for the first time in March - can't wait! Can someone tell me about the best transportation to EP/HS and back? Are the boats faster than walking? Better certain times of the day than others? Thanks much!

We are staying at the BW for the first time in March - can't wait! Can someone tell me about the best transportation to EP/HS and back? Are the boats faster than walking? Better certain times of the day than others? Thanks much!
It’s almost always faster to walk to Epcot than take the boat. It is usually faster to walk to DHS than take the boat, too, but it is a much longer walk and a lot of people would rather take the boat. It’s a 20 minute walk to DHS and a 5 minute walk to Epcot, approximately.

Hi, I am looking for feedback from anyone with a family of 5 who has stayed in both inn rooms and villa studio. We have enjoyed the inn rooms in the past, but the villa is coming in a little cheaper with the summer room discount. Any thoughts on how annoying it is to use both pull outs? My kids aren’t tiny— 15, 12, and 7. The 12 year old would be on the pull down, as the other two are girls and usually share the other bed. (Though they all fight for the pull down!) It looks like there is less drawer storage in the villas, as well, though the kitchenette looks like a big step up from the coffee and fridge space in the inn. Thanks for sharing any applicable reviews!

We love the studio setup at BWV, BCV, POLY, OKW. Like BWV best but it’s more about getting a guaranteed boardwalk view. The most we have ever had in a studio was 4, back in 2003, when youngest was 7. Since then either a larger unit or two studios. And as empty nesters, we are down to 2 only. Never have or plan to stay at BWI, so can’t compare. Like the kitchenette a lot, the fridge is a lot bigger on the studios vs regular rooms, you have a microwave, a sink, a toaster, ceramic coffee cups, paper plates and plastic silverware, wine opener, and a nice counter to handle it all. We use the heck out of the kitchenette for drinks and snacks.

Hi everyone! DH and I are staying at the BWI in 10 days for a romantic and fun trip.
We've never been to any of the Epcot resorts so we're excited.
I was wondering if any of you have any tips or your favorite things about the resorts.
Do you have a favorite spot to relax? Favorite activities? We have Yachtsman booked so whats your favorite spot to get a drink before dinner?
Favorite place to shop for souvenirs?
Basically, what do you love about the area and the resorts?
Thank you in advance!

We love the Belle Vue Lounge at BWI. Opens at 5 pm I think, but you can have breakfast there in the am, and sit down and relax in there all day. Great bartenders and service. Nice little sitting areas inside which we prefer but also outdoor seating area that’s great in good weather. The service is great outdoors too. The bartenders are attentive regardless where you sit. We have met many nice couples Over the years in that bar.

Hi everyone! DH and I are staying at the BWI in 10 days for a romantic and fun trip.
We've never been to any of the Epcot resorts so we're excited.
I was wondering if any of you have any tips or your favorite things about the resorts.
Do you have a favorite spot to relax? Favorite activities? We have Yachtsman booked so whats your favorite spot to get a drink before dinner?
Favorite place to shop for souvenirs?
Basically, what do you love about the area and the resorts?
Thank you in advance!
We love the Belle Vue Lounge at BWI. Opens at 5 pm I think, but you can have breakfast there in the am, and sit down and relax in there all day. Great bartenders and service. Nice little sitting areas inside which we prefer but also outdoor seating area that’s great in good weather. The service is great outdoors too. The bartenders are attentive regardless where you sit. We have met many nice couples Over the years in that bar.
Snappy-agree 100%. We love the Bellevue lounge to sit and relax. We enjoy sitting having drinks in the evenings and chatting with others. Have met lots of people over the years.

Since you plan dinner at Yachtsman, I suggest Crew's Cup. It is the lounge outside of Yachtsman or perhaps Ale & Compass Lounge inside of YC. Belle Vue is nice, but if I want a pre-dinner cocktail, I want to be near where I will be dining for the sake of proximity. I prefer Belle Vue for the night cap type of cocktail.

Hi, I am looking for feedback from anyone with a family of 5 who has stayed in both inn rooms and villa studio. We have enjoyed the inn rooms in the past, but the villa is coming in a little cheaper with the summer room discount. Any thoughts on how annoying it is to use both pull outs? My kids aren’t tiny— 15, 12, and 7. The 12 year old would be on the pull down, as the other two are girls and usually share the other bed. (Though they all fight for the pull down!) It looks like there is less drawer storage in the villas, as well, though the kitchenette looks like a big step up from the coffee and fridge space in the inn. Thanks for sharing any applicable reviews!

We normally stay in a BWV 1Br, and this is our first trip staying in the BWV studio. 3 of us (me, DH and 13 yr old daughter). I am spoiled, I guess, but I’m not sure we could do a studio again. There is no place for our luggage. There is just a tiny drawer unit for clothing. We’ve been living out of suitcases for the week, and our stuff is everywhere. We haven’t closed the sofa sleeper all week because it would take too much effort to rearrange all our stuff. The bathroom is tiny and getting ready in the mornings has been long and hectic. The kitchenette hasn’t been horrible, and I’ve been making breakfast each morning (egg sandwiches with the egg microwaved in a coffee mug). BUT IT’S DISNEY!!! And I’d rather be here than working. So, if we are running low on dvc points, we will get another studio, but only if we absolutely have to.

We normally stay in a BWV 1Br, and this is our first trip staying in the BWV studio. 3 of us (me, DH and 13 yr old daughter). I am spoiled, I guess, but I’m not sure we could do a studio again. There is no place for our luggage. There is just a tiny drawer unit for clothing. We’ve been living out of suitcases for the week, and our stuff is everywhere. We haven’t closed the sofa sleeper all week because it would take too much effort to rearrange all our stuff. The bathroom is tiny and getting ready in the mornings has been long and hectic. The kitchenette hasn’t been horrible, and I’ve been making breakfast each morning (egg sandwiches with the egg microwaved in a coffee mug). BUT IT’S DISNEY!!! And I’d rather be here than working. So, if we are running low on dvc points, we will get another studio, but only if we absolutely have to.

The one drawback to BWV studios--that tiny shower room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter