• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Secured a preferred view studio villa for December 21-26 via DVC points. Very excited! First time staying at an Epcot area resort! I'll be reading up and watching lots of videos in the meantime.

One question: Are preferred view villas of the boardwalk, pool, garden, all of the above? Anything I should look into requesting? I keep reading about elevators being a long distance from some rooms? (ETA: Ok, that was two and a half questions)

Secured a preferred view studio villa for December 21-26 via DVC points. Very excited! First time staying at an Epcot area resort! I'll be reading up and watching lots of videos in the meantime.

One question: Are preferred view villas of the boardwalk, pool, garden, all of the above? Anything I should look into requesting? I keep reading about elevators being a long distance from some rooms? (ETA: Ok, that was two and a half questions)
Preferred views are broken into two categories: Pool/Garden or Boardwalk. If you rented DVC points you would have likely specified your choice and odds are that you have a Pool/Garden. The reservation confirmation from owner or broker will specify which it is. If you have Pool/Garden Studio you will look at the canals or pools likely though you can make one request “Village Green” which gets partial boardwalk view

I’m at BWI now and have caught a cold or something. Anyone ever take the brand of cold medicine they sell in the store here? I believe it’s called Contact cold & flu. I’m debating if I should sent DH down to buy it in when the store opens or send him off property for the brand I usually take. We have two more full days here & this afternoon is DH’s Savi ressie & I don’t want to ruin it for him by being sick. To explain, he’d feel guilty going alone, cause he’d be worried about me, he’s sweet & caring that way. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Also, just a FYI for those coming soon, there’s coughing everywhere throughout DW just now, deep, sounds like a bark coughing. I’ve been trying to not tough railings, moving away from people when I hear the bark, have been using hand sanitizer liberally, washing my hands with soap & water every chance I get, but I guess it hasn’t been enough. Though, I do also kind of blame waking up Tuesday before the sun & walking to HS at 5am in cold damp morning for ROTR. My sinuses were dripping the entire morning, 😩. But on the positive, we did get a decent BG & got to ride it about 10:30 am.

TIA

This was my view from room 5063 in the Village Green area which falls in the garden/pool DVCView attachment 469720View attachment 469721View attachment 469722View attachment 469723 booking category :goodvibes I looked out onto the front porch, the Village Green and could see Crescent Lake with a partial boardwalk view :love:
That is quite an amazing view!
If we have booked through Disney, I understand this is the view we would be assigned? (Pool/garden)?
I want to request that room for our upcoming stay!!!

I’m at BWI now and have caught a cold or something. Anyone ever take the brand of cold medicine they sell in the store here? I believe it’s called Contact cold & flu. I’m debating if I should sent DH down to buy it in when the store opens or send him off property for the brand I usually take.
Google the brand you usually take and look at the list of active ingredients. Google Contact (or look at the label in the store) and compare its list of active ingredients to your brand. Most OTC cold meds are similar or identical.

I’m at BWI now and have caught a cold or something. Anyone ever take the brand of cold medicine they sell in the store here? I believe it’s called Contact cold & flu. I’m debating if I should sent DH down to buy it in when the store opens or send him off property for the brand I usually take....

Well, I'm probably too late but I have ordered from Turner Drug. They have been mentioned here on the Dis for years. They will deliver to the front desk of Disney resorts.
http://turnerdrug.com/

I was wondering if you Boardwalk vets could help 😊 I am seeing conflicting info on different sites as to the entertainers that perform at night. Is it EVERY night, or just four nights a week? And what time do they begin? TIA for your help!

Well, had to go to Urgent Care, it’s the flu ☹️. Totally sucks. I’ve been spending our last full day there & in bed. We got meds for me & for my DH. He’s not sick but it’s precautionary. We’re leaving tomorrow & I’m hoping I’m feeling at least a little better by then. On the positive, we spend 2 days traveling so by Sunday I won’t be contiguous anymore so I won’t infect the kids.

Well, had to go to Urgent Care, it’s the flu ☹. Totally sucks. I’ve been spending our last full day there & in bed. We got meds for me & for my DH. He’s not sick but it’s precautionary. We’re leaving tomorrow & I’m hoping I’m feeling at least a little better by then. On the positive, we spend 2 days traveling so by Sunday I won’t be contiguous anymore so I won’t infect the kids.

Awww, so very sorry this happened to you and hope you feel better very soon.

We arrive at BWI on Sunday and I’m starting to become concerned about the illness floating around. I know it is always a risk when so many people are gathered in one place, but this year seems unusually bad. 😟

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

do you know where is the nearest quick service location ( for a full meal) to BWV? is it at the BC Marketplace or Inside Epcot?

I know it is always a risk when so many people are gathered in one place, but this year seems unusually bad. 😟
I don't think the flu vaccine was as effective this year as in years past, so your observation fits pretty well with that.
I am seeing conflicting info on different sites as to the entertainers that perform at night. Is it EVERY night, or just four nights a week?
I think that's really variable. We were there in May and it was 4 nights a week, but we didn't really even find that out more than a week or so ahead of time. They're really cute, though. Definitely worth seeing.

Ok so first I want to say I was incorrect saying I wouldn’t be contiguous by Sunday, cause here it is & I still have fever. We’re about to head out on the second leg of the drive home, it’s been rough. Second I’d like to apologize to anyone who saw me yesterday morning on the floor in the BWI hallway. I thought I could make the walk to the lobby. I was wrong. Though when I saw children coming towards me I did try & turn my body away & I had a mask on. The flu is no joke. Also, when my DH ran downstairs (literally) to get me a wheelchair so he could get me to the lobby to leave, an older guy gave him trouble. He told DH they didn’t have any, then a young guy said they did, & the older guy got upset & said no we don’t! So then a 3rd guy said yes we do, we have a bunch of them. At this point DH was none too happy & told them they either get a wheelchair or he was going find a manager. And in the beginning he did explain I was literally sitting on floor & he just needed to get to lobby & car. It seems like the older guy was just lazy. DH was not happy. And I’ve read all the good things Disney does to help those who fall ill there, but unfortunately we saw none of it. But no grudges held. There’s always going to be a bad apple in a bunch.
I hope no other Disers catch this.

We're staying for the first time at the Boardwalk in March. I booked a water view room, in my mind thinking it would be looking over the boardwalk. It just dawned on me, could it also mean a pool view? Hoping for Boardwalk view! Thoughts? We've never stayed here before-I'm a GF lover...but I think this will be amazing as well.

Somebody posted in either the Yacht Club/Beach Club thread or the BoardWalk thread, and I can't remember which so I'm double posting.

Picabu at the Dolphin had been open 24 hours, so people from other Epcot resorts sometimes walked over there to get something to eat. The person had heard that Picabu recently had reduced its hours. I posted in the Swan/Dolphin thread for confirmation, and here is the reply:

"Correct. It's [Picabu at the Dolphin] open 6am - 10pm now. Garden Grove also eliminated dinner."

Note that Garden Grove is at the Swan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter