• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in a seperate thread with no responses so i figured I'd add it here.....please forgive me if its already addressed in this thread, as there is too much to read.

We are booked at AOA LM.....although I would LOVE to be closer to the food court and main pool, I refuse to pay the suite price.

My question is, how far of a walk is it from LM rooms to the food court? We enjoy our refillable mugs

Is it as far....or further than: the 90's room at POP or Mighty Ducks room at ASMO? We've stayed at both those resorts and those were the furthest from the main buildings.

The walking distance to the main hall is roughly comparable to the 90's building at Pop. I estimate it's about .23 miles for both, with more or less depending on your room location.

There are now confirmed reports that there is a mobile breakfast station in the LM section, and that mugs can be filled with coffee at that station. Whether it will be provided during your stay there's no way to know, but it is a relatively recent change they are doing.

There was no soda refills at the LM coffee stand- also they are only open from 7-10 or 11.

I posted this in a seperate thread with no responses so i figured I'd add it here.....please forgive me if its already addressed in this thread, as there is too much to read. :surfweb:

We are booked at AOA LM.....although I would LOVE to be closer to the food court and main pool, I refuse to pay the suite price.

My question is, how far of a walk is it from LM rooms to the food court? We enjoy our refillable mugs

Is it as far....or further than: the 90's room at POP or Mighty Ducks room at ASMO? We've stayed at both those resorts and those were the furthest from the main buildings. OR Trinidad South at CBR?? I was just wondering if it's comparable to those distances or worse.

Thanks to all that can help.

5 minute walk...really I was nervous that it was gonna be some long trek from our rooms to the lobby/bus but we were just at LM for 2 weeks- made the walk several times and it was no big deal.

Depends on where you will be that day. General rule of thumb is to allow an hour and a half travel time. With a taxi, you could bring that down to maybe 30 minutes? Remember that the taxi will drop you off at the main area at the campgrounds, then you still have to take an internal bus back to HDDR. If you're at MK that day, you can just take a boat over to the campground. The boat dock is close to HDDR.

Thank you for your advice. We will be at AK that day - but not sure if we will be there all day.... HDDR is 6.15 reservation

I'm just finishing up a week in an LM room and I loved it! I was in building 8 and I would say it took about five minutes to get there from the main building. I'm a single woman, though.

I also spent a night at Pop and I have to say the food choices there are awful compared to AoA (and I've stayed at Pop twice before). Try the pumpkin pecan tart, it's like pumpkin pie with a pecan pie crust. So amazing!

We stayed in LM last October and loved it. A little far from the main building but the theming was awesome, especially in-room. :stitch2:

Does anyone know the email address of the front desk at the art of animation, I can't find it on line anywhere

we are going in august 3 adults, daughter 17 and granddaughter 2. we are booked in an acessible LM room. I am concerned that we will be squished in that room. This was supposed to be a "quick low budget" trip for DD graduation. it has now turned into a full blown vacation, but its all good. just a little over budget. Moving up to a suite means another 700.00. can anyone tell me about the accessible rooms or anyone feel squished in those rooms?? last august we stayin in a royal room at POR, just 2 adults and my 17 year old, it was ok not too squished up. are the LM rooms comparable to those rooms??

we are going in august 3 adults, daughter 17 and granddaughter 2. we are booked in an acessible LM room. I am concerned that we will be squished in that room. This was supposed to be a "quick low budget" trip for DD graduation. it has now turned into a full blown vacation, but its all good. just a little over budget. Moving up to a suite means another 700.00. can anyone tell me about the accessible rooms or anyone feel squished in those rooms?? last august we stayin in a royal room at POR, just 2 adults and my 17 year old, it was ok not too squished up. are the LM rooms comparable to those rooms??

The Royal Rooms & AoA LM rooms are similar in layout, but the AoA LM rooms are a little smaller. You may want to consider one of the Alligator Bayou rooms at Port Orleans Riverside because they have an additional murphy bed (which would be perfect for your granddaughter). If you still really want to stay at AoA, consider how much time you'll actually be in the room and decide whether an upgrade would be worth switching.

The Royal Rooms & AoA LM rooms are similar in layout, but the AoA LM rooms are a little smaller. You may want to consider one of the Alligator Bayou rooms at Port Orleans Riverside because they have an additional murphy bed (which would be perfect for your granddaughter). If you still really want to stay at AoA, consider how much time you'll actually be in the room and decide whether an upgrade would be worth switching.

thanks for the info. Thats exactly what i was thinking about how much time is really spent in the room. Its just the whole morning routine part that will be difficult. We have never done a value resort, just this time because this is the little ones first visit and i thought it would be cool for her. she loves ariel. i may think about the upgrade tho

There is a room size and bed size difference, that may be worth considering when your party includes 3 adults and a teenager.

A POR room is 314 square feet and has two queen beds.

An AoA LM room is 277 square feet and has two double beds.

You also have to imagine the pack-n-play for the 2 year old in the room as well.

We "downgraded" from YC to AoA LM to save a little money on this trip (and because DD5 is going to be far more impressed with AoA than some silly deluxe resort:laughing:) ... the discounts for the end of August came out today, and we could save a little bit more by switching to Pop or Music. I feel like it's silly to spend that much more on a value room, but I'm just not willing to give up my LM room. I guess this is why they don't discount them! :rotfl: Looking forward to our stay! I just won't mention the $200 we could have saved by switching to DH :rolleyes1

Just got back from a week stay in a LM room at AOA. While the decor of the resort and room was awesome it did not make up for some major downfalls in my opinion. First off the rooms are too far from the bus and main building. So we did not use our mugs at all. Landscapes of Flavor was unorganized and the staff were not very pleasant and many did not speak english which made ordering difficult. The bus system was hit and miss, first thing in the morning they never had anyone managing the buses to bring more. And of course the bus stop at the parks was always the furthest away.

One evening I had the veggie burger which looked and sounded yummy but it was just a pile of goop, missing the fried green tomato and the bun was soggy. My wife and I agreed that we would go back to POFQ next time as everything was close.

The only way I would go back to AOA/LM section is if they added a second food court or at least a bus stop to that section like some of the moderates have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter