Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found that the buses are fine. I actually prefer them to other resorts' buses!! They are plentiful and make no other stops along the way. I stayed there last Dec and am looking forward to another stay in a month!!!
I love AoA. The theming is incredible. I loved just walking around the resort. All the different sections are incredible!!

Thanks for the info!! :goodvibes

Sorry just thought of another question. Since we are staying in the lion king suite would you reccomend requesting? A specific building or floor? Thanks again! :goodvibes

Leslie pixiedust:

btw Lol You are cracking me up saying that person is a troll my husband says that all the time and I never hear other people say that! Im a very worried person but honestly if this was a real issue i DO believe disney would take care of it and Im sure others would have def reported it! If you are really worried I believe there is spray or something you can buy. Not sure what its called tho someone told me about it tho!

Disney would definitely take care if it. The troll comment made lol :) Im glad it wasn't just me who saw the review. Thanks for the reassurance :)

jska482 said:
It was to me. I did the same thing. It was $82 to upgrade to LM from POP. I decided it was worth it, but if FD is released we will switch to POP if LM is excluded, which is likely.

Thanks!! I am.leaning towards that!! Have u heard anything about the end of august with free dining??

Thanks!! I am.leaning towards that!! Have u heard anything about the end of august with free dining??

There almost certainly won't be any US public offer for free dining for August 2013 dates. The free dining offer open now for Disney Visa card holders, and opening to the public on May 9, is for arrivals starting Sept 2.

Disney could maybe mail/email individual PINs for free dining for August dates, but there won't be a general offer.

There almost certainly won't be any US public offer for free dining for August 2013 dates. The free dining offer open now for Disney Visa card holders, and opening to the public on May 9, is for arrivals starting Sept 2.

Disney could maybe mail/email individual PINs for free dining for August dates, but there won't be a general offer.

When they open to the general public to they release more rooms?

Room question- do the standard rooms at aoa have refrigerators in them now or do I need to request one? Also is there a specific building/floor I should request? ......

Room question- do the standard rooms at aoa have refrigerators in them now or do I need to request one? Also is there a specific building/floor I should request? ......

The standard rooms in the Little Mermaid section opened with refrigerators included. So you don't need to request one.

Generally buildings 7 and 9 are considered potential requests as they will be somewhat closer to the main building and buses than building 8.

Yes there are refrigerators.

If you want to be near the parking lot request 9 (Triton). If you want a lakeside view ask for 7 (Ursula). Building 8 (Ariel) is the farthest back from foodcourt.

We had a room in building 7, 3rd floor lakeview. Very quiet & no foot traffic.:cool1:

Sorry just thought of another question. Since we are staying in the lion king suite would you reccomend requesting? A specific building or floor? Thanks again! :goodvibes

Leslie pixiedust:

Lion King is where the nightly movies are held so if you want to be near that then it's perfect. If you want a quieter room you can request non courtyard (not sure if that's what its called). Also people walk through Lion King to get to the Little Mermaid rooms so there is a lot of traffic through the courtyard itself. Since the rooms have interior hallways I don't think you would hear people walking back & forth a lot though.

My family and I are staying in the nemo suites in sept and I was looking at some reviews on another site for the hotel and I read one that made me so upset. A person left a review saying that this place is infested with bed bugs. They were "everywhere" as they put it. And they said that management was still filling rooms despite the "infestation". Now this person left no other details what so ever about what area they were staying if they contacted management...just wanted to vent about the bugs. I'm having a hard time believing the post but for my own sanity can someone just confirm that it's really not as bad as this person is saying. I mean if I were writing that I would try to make it as detailed as possible right?

We were there in February of this yr in the Cars Section building 3, 3rd floor, there was no bedbugs in our room.

I saw this review too. This is the only review this person has ever written. I question reviews that are horrible (like this), when all the others are good, or have no history of reviews and write only one really bad review. I would take it with a grain of salt. :)

I agree. I saw on the Today Show once that some chains/ other businesses even pay people to write bad reviews for competitors. The people who have done it talked about it.

Ok sorry- one more question, when you want a specific building etc, do you do that at check in or do I need to request them in advance?......

Lion King is where the nightly movies are held so if you want to be near that then it's perfect. If you want a quieter room you can request non courtyard (not sure if that's what its called). Also people walk through Lion King to get to the Little Mermaid rooms so there is a lot of traffic through the courtyard itself. Since the rooms have interior hallways I don't think you would hear people walking back & forth a lot though.

Thanks for the info!!! :) is there a certain building we should request for lion king suite though? Thanks! pixiedust:

Thanks for the info!!! :) is there a certain building we should request for lion king suite though? Thanks! pixiedust:

I dont know how true it is or not because I havent been there yet but most of the reviews I have read said to choose building 6 with a lake view. I am going Friday so I can let you know for sure once I get down there!

mohara624 said:
I dont know how true it is or not because I havent been there yet but most of the reviews I have read said to choose building 6 with a lake view. I am going Friday so I can let you know for sure once I get down there!

ok great thanks! I really appreciate it! have a great trip! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter