Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Here now (and for another week) if anyone has any questions.

No Halloween mugs yet

Yes, with QS meals you can sub out the drink for a dessert or snack item, at Breakfast we got a pastry, at dinner we got cupcakes, etc.
Thanks for reporting...new question. Does the resort have plenty of lids/straws still? We'll be there a week from today and I'm hoping to be able to grab extras to take to the parks, since apparently they're getting rid of them and from reports many of the places at the parks are already refusing to give ppl lids/straws...so stupid, but really is an issue for our group. Honestly I'd order some lids to be sure I had them, but I'm not sure of the size.

Lots of both available, they do tend to give you drinks without them. Straws are everywhere, you may have to ask for lids though.

Thanks for reporting...new question. Does the resort have plenty of lids/straws still? We'll be there a week from today and I'm hoping to be able to grab extras to take to the parks, since apparently they're getting rid of them and from reports many of the places at the parks are already refusing to give ppl lids/straws...so stupid, but really is an issue for our group. Honestly I'd order some lids to be sure I had them, but I'm not sure of the size.

Hi All just got back from an 11 day stay at Sports and thought i give a little report. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Overall.... Extremely happy with our stay here! We arrived via ME and were the 2nd stop to be dropped off. AKL was first. Room was ready when we arrived. Requested touchdown section since my little one is a big football fan and got it. Rooms are average, they show some wear and tear but had no complains. Mouse keeping did a good job tidying up the room for us everyday. I did however have to call b/c for the first two days they were only leaving two towels and wash rags when we had 4 people in the room. The call rectified that issue for the remainder of the stay. Pools were great. We preferred the Goofy pool in the baseball section as the Surf pool had many bees and my son is allergic to them. Buses ran great the entire time. Only time we really waited for a bus was going to Disney's Springs and one day going to Hollywood Studios. Food court had a good selection of food. Late night only thing really available is pizza it seemed like. You can get a Mickey waffle sundae which was delish. They are still working on the floor in the food court. Asked about the time frame on when it would be done but was told they were not sure. As of yesterday the section of the drink station closest to the windows down to the start of the bar is closed, which means the door to the food court closest to the Surf pool is closed. You either need to enter thru the door near the football section or the main entrance to Stadium Hall to get in. Only character we saw was on 8/19 for the Luau they had Elvis Stitch in the lobby and that was about it.

Will definitely be back once the rooms are renovated to check it out again.

Hi All just got back from an 11 day stay at Sports and thought i give a little report. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Overall.... Extremely happy with our stay here! We arrived via ME and were the 2nd stop to be dropped off. AKL was first. Room was ready when we arrived. Requested touchdown section since my little one is a big football fan and got it. Rooms are average, they show some wear and tear but had no complains. Mouse keeping did a good job tidying up the room for us everyday. I did however have to call b/c for the first two days they were only leaving two towels and wash rags when we had 4 people in the room. The call rectified that issue for the remainder of the stay. Pools were great. We preferred the Goofy pool in the baseball section as the Surf pool had many bees and my son is allergic to them. Buses ran great the entire time. Only time we really waited for a bus was going to Disney's Springs and one day going to Hollywood Studios. Food court had a good selection of food. Late night only thing really available is pizza it seemed like. You can get a Mickey waffle sundae which was delish. They are still working on the floor in the food court. Asked about the time frame on when it would be done but was told they were not sure. As of yesterday the section of the drink station closest to the windows down to the start of the bar is closed, which means the door to the food court closest to the Surf pool is closed. You either need to enter thru the door near the football section or the main entrance to Stadium Hall to get in. Only character we saw was on 8/19 for the Luau they had Elvis Stitch in the lobby and that was about it.

Thanks for the info. We Check in Friday. Did the food court have lids/straws available? Did the food court have regular ice cream as well as gelato or just gelato? How was the walk from the Hollywood Studios new bus stop to the entrance?

Tia!

Thanks for the info. We Check in Friday. Did the food court have lids/straws available? Did the food court have regular ice cream as well as gelato or just gelato? How was the walk from the Hollywood Studios new bus stop to the entrance?

Tia!

Hey there! Yes they still had both lids and straws as of yesterday morning. They did have hand scooped ice cream as well. To put it nicely.... the walk stunk!!! We did it once in the sweltering heat and decided that for the remainder of the trip we would only go to DHS in the evening when it cooled down.

Hey there! Yes they still had both lids and straws as of yesterday morning. They did have hand scooped ice cream as well. To put it nicely.... the walk stunk!!! We did it once in the sweltering heat and decided that for the remainder of the trip we would only go to DHS in the evening when it cooled down.
Thanks so much for all the info.!

To put it nicely.... the walk stunk!!! We did it once in the sweltering heat and decided that for the remainder of the trip we would only go to DHS in the evening when it cooled down.

Ugh! I'm debating whether it would be worth it to use a Minnie Van or Uber for our DHS day.

And on arrival,you can pick ne up at the Front Desk or from an Activities Cast Member.

And sometimes they will have a "sandwich board" with the schedule on display.:)

Just got back from 13 days at Sports. Received a room in my requested room range! Home Run section, first floor. AWESOME location, loved it. Busing was amazing, getting to and from the parks just seemed so much faster than POP. 7 minutes to and from AK, perfect, since it's our favorite park. We did share a bit with the other resorts, but mostly during off times. Still was rare to have a full bus. We I think we only waited more than 15 minutes a handful of times. We would also hopped on Music's bus a couple times since the HR section is right across the parking lot from Music and wasn't much different from our walk from Sports drop off.

We did Hollywood Studios several times, and didn't think the walk was bad. One hint I would give is to check the bus times on the app, it will say ETA Pickup at Sports: 2:13, Arrival at HS: 2:35 --- gave us an idea if one was on the way. One time, there was shift change and as a driver was waiting on his replacement, he opened his bus to anyone waiting on a closeby bus, so you could sit in the AC -- was only in it like 2 mins til the AS Resort bus came, but thought it was a very nice gesture. Again, I didn't think the walk was bad. We did it a few times in the middle of the day as we would often be done with the park between 11-12. But, I'm a country girl and walking anywhere tends to be a distance, and is normal. My kids' bus stop has been 1/4-1/2 mile away over the years.

Pretty happy with the food court for the few times we used it, their burger was very good. A little cramped at the drink station, both sides were open the whole time I was there, I originally thought part was blocked off, but when I made my way over there it was open (and empty! score!)

Mousekeeping was awesome. I know someone above said they weren't getting enough towels and washrags -- ours went overboard. LOL, but I'd rather have too many than not enough. The baseball pool was awesome, we never even went to the Surf's Up pool. My only complain would be, I wish they had more tables with umbrellas, or just umbrellas, more shade would be nice.

They were painting outside at the Football section a few days, and trimming hedges.

Elvis Stitch on Luau day was the only character we saw.

Booked a bounce back trip for next August!

Just saw pics of the new Halloween refillable mugs that came out today at Yacht club... Have they shown up at Sports yet?

When you went to the parks, did you bus stop at the other AS resorts (Movies, Music) ? I am planning on putting a request in for the football section, how long a walk is it to the food court would you say? Do you know if the rooms might be renovated any time soon, since the rooms as you say are showing wear and tear? Thanks for all the great information you shared. If you can think of any advice or offer any, that would be great too.

When you went to the parks, did you bus stop at the other AS resorts (Movies, Music) ? I am planning on putting a request in for the football section, how long a walk is it to the food court would you say? Do you know if the rooms might be renovated any time soon, since the rooms as you say are showing wear and tear? Thanks for all the great information you shared. If you can think of any advice or offer any, that would be great too.
Hi there! Dedicated bus for the sports in morning and night. A few times in the afternoon, the buses were shared with all all stars. Wasn't bad Sports is the first pick up and drop off. Not even a two minute walk to the food court from the football section. They are current renovating the Movies resort. Once that is complete Music is next. Once Music is completed, sports will be done. With that said I wouldn't expect the rooms at sports to be complete anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter