• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Paris Direct taking Christmas bookings

thats a fab idea might go for the cheyenne then upgrade at a later time - the money tree in the garden that the kids think exists may suddenly start producing :rotfl2::rotfl2:

any ideas where i can look at the previous years opening hours for March ??

when we go it will be incorporating st patricks day so not sure really what to expect ???

We're thinking about booking for February half term - we were originally looking at the week after New Year but it seems like there's no discounts for then :( Only thing holding us back from booking is the Eurostar - we were delayed by over an hour when we went last October and because of this we have a complimentary one way ticket each. We have until October to book this but don't know if we'll be able to book for Feb 2013 by then (need to poke hubby into finding this out) then we'll be all ready for booking

I used DisneylandParisDirect to book my last DLP trip and have just used them again to book for next March :yay:. They gave me a better price over the phone then on their website so it is always worth ringing them to see if you can get a better deal. Their customer service is excellent and I found booking with them very easy.

thats a fab idea might go for the cheyenne then upgrade at a later time - the money tree in the garden that the kids think exists may suddenly start producing :rotfl2::rotfl2:

any ideas where i can look at the previous years opening hours for March ??

when we go it will be incorporating st patricks day so not sure really what to expect ???

it will be busy, we were there St Patricks day 2011, our trip ran from Thursday morning throught to Monday evening, and St Patricks day was on the Thursday. Weekdays the main park was open until 8pm, weekends it was 9pm. The studios closed at 6pm.

Its a nice day at DLP, St Patricks Day, they have special events/shows through the day and fireworks over the castle at night (but Dreams will be going on then so not sure what will happen there next year?).

Well I've just called the French line and they refused to deal with the call and put me through to the UK line!! (which is awful normally, but I got a friendly CM today!). I've never had this before but have heard of others having the same issue.

CM said the RO/AP rates are not out yet for Winter season (same with Shareholders) and to call back in about 2 weeks. I am guessing this is where the really nice CM I spoke to back in Feb when booking my June trip mentioned, as he had said ring back first week in June for rates. He said he didn't think that the AP rate would be better than the 33% off (one night free) and I guess he is sort of correct as Dream AP is up 35% off and depending on availability etc.

I do have the option of booking a one adult package in each room and just adding us 4 on as AP holders. This way we get a slightly cheaper rate than booking them in a room as a 2 adult package and they still get their tickets (think it saves about £150 on top of current offer).

I wish we hadn't booked our winter flights now but with flights you really are limited if you don't book early as the prices rocket (as we found out for June trip!). Having said that, I stand by not taking the children out of school any longer than I need to esp at that time of year, so 4 nights wouldn't have worked for us anyway this time. :rolleyes:

So, do I book one night free or wait for a flash sale which could be August time when current offer ends like Elaine mentioned (I've never had any luck at all with flash sales so not sure!). Or, wait even longer and look at Expedia for RO rates in possibly September.

Sorry this is so long - just trying to write it down to sort our options I guess! :confused3

Hmmm feb half term does look good pricewise but a) it's far too cold for us and b) we are going to the Red Sea in the Easter 2013 holidays so need to save for that! :lmao:

Honestly, I wish we had a Disney crystal ball on this board for when it comes to the best time to book - all our knowledge together you would think we could sort one out :rotfl2:.

I want to go 12th - 15th nov, ideally and stay in DLH if poss , I would,ve gone 11th but that's Armistice Day an I believe the parks will be nuts, then I would've been away sun - wed so school thurs & fri and work as well , all you experienced Dis,ers Do you think there will be a flash sale? Or a better offer for nov ? To be honest the extra 2 days would end up costing a lot more as I quite fancy Walts a few time!:rolleyes1
Aer Lingus flights are really good into CDG very early Nd a late flight home so we can really make use of the trave days.
Am I right in believing You can't Upgrade if a flash sale comes about? It's for new bookings only?

That's another consideration.. the extra money on food in the park! Mind you, last time we went there was a similar offer on, and I went for the 3 night package even though the 4 night one was actually very slightly cheaper. I thought it was a con because I'd end up spending soooo much more on food for the extra day. And I must admit that I regret not just going for it and staying the extra day ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter