Disneyland gets their very own Dooney and Bourke!

barefootmomma

DIS Veteran
http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservi...ent/dlr_dooneyandbourke_dl55thcollection.html

Dooney & Bourke Disneyland® park 55th Anniversary
Handbag Collection Debut
featuring Ian Ray
Saturday, July 17, 2010
2 pm - 4 pm
Disney Vault 28, Downtown Disney® District

Have you heard the buzz. . . about the new Dooney & Bourke collection of handbags that were created in celebration of the 55th Anniversary of Disneyland® park. The bags showcase so many iconic images from the different silhouettes of Mickey through the years, to Mickey Mouse Club I.D. cards as well ticket media and famous phrases associated with 'The Happiest Place on Earth.'

Disney Vault 28 will be the first to offer these Disneyland® Resort Dooney & Bourke co-branded bags. This fashionable collection highlights the essence of Disney with color, art and a nostalgic touch.

Ian Ray of Dooney & Bourke will be on hand for a special appearance at Disney Vault 28 on Saturday, July 17, 2010 from 2 pm to 4 pm for this kick-off event.

Bags and Retails are as follows:

Large Wristlet - $70.00
Letter Carrier - $155.00
Checkbook Wallet - $175.00
Small Messenger - $ 255.00
Medium Tote - $270.00

Purchases can be made at the location beginning at shop opening on the day of release. Gift with purchase will be distributed between 2pm and 4pm for Guests who purchased $150 or more in Dooney & Bourke merchandise, on July 17 only, while supplies last.

Disclaimers: Qualifying purchase based on pre-tax, post discount single transaction amount of Dooney & Bourke co-branded products purchased at Disney Vault 28 on July 17, 2010 before 4:00 p.m. Guests who qualify for the gift with purchase will be directed to a separate queue to receive the gift with purchase from Ian Ray between 2 pm and 4pm. Proof of qualifying purchase may be required to receive the gift. Gift must be returned in the event any of the retail items from the qualifying purchase are returned. Limit ONE (1) free gift per person, while supplies last. Ian Ray's appearance is subject to space and time availability and is not guaranteed. We ask that you bring no personal items to be signed. Limit two items signed per Guest. Offer and event information are subject to restrictions and change without notice.

Whoo hoo hoo!!!! I am dancing a happy, happy dance! :banana::banana:

I've been wanting one of the Disney D&B purses since I first heard about them last year. They weren't carrying them at DLR when we went last December and I wasn't overly impressed with the black background purse that came out later. The original white purse was the one I liked a bunch, but without buying one in person, I didn't want one that had something front and center that didn't speak to me (like the WDW logo...I'm definitely a DLR girl). I still have my gift card from last December's birthday visit plus a gift card my DS gave me for Christmas. I'm SO getting one of these purses when we go in September!

Thank you so much for posting, Barefootmama!!!

P.S. And, if anyone gets any close up pictures, I'd love to see more of the detail.

Hmm, I love the idea of a Disneyland exclusive DB line. :thumbsup2

I need better pictures to tell whether I like this particular design though. Unfortunately my initial reaction is not so much.

I assume the gift w/purchase is available with any DB/Disney purchase of $150 or more at Vault 28 on the 17th, not just the new design? I wonder what the gift is? It never really says, does it?

Hmm, I love the idea of a Disneyland exclusive DB line. :thumbsup2

I need better pictures to tell whether I like this particular design though. Unfortunately my initial reaction is not so much.

Thats me too! I need pics that are better!! So far I am not too thrilled with them :(

Happy to share the news! I am over the moon about a Disneyland specific bag. :) I love the shapes and styles of bags they're showing as well. I am generally liking the print too. I hope that they keep them around for a while! :)

What Dooney's are currently being sold in DL? Thanks!

All of the already available styles are being sold in DL. The white sketch, the black wonder, the brown fabric style, and the blue and pink canvas styles. Fortuosity on Main Street has stock, as does Jewel of Orleans in New Orleans Square. Disney Clothiers on Main Street also had select styles showcased in store. Styles are also being carried in Vault 28 in DTD. :) Hope that helps!

I was so excited when I found out. The style of bags are really cute and I like the pattern. I love the idea of DL having its own bag. I wish all the parks had their own parks.

we have a HUGE post regarding disney dooney & bourke in the them parks community ... come on over and join us! :goodvibes

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

isn't this the most excting thing ever!!!! and i even saw the handbags on line!! they look fab-u-lous!!!!!!! :banana: :lovestruc :love:

i can't wait!!!!

you'll see me at the store ladies!!! ;)

I wish they were a bit cheaper :( oh well.

I agree. It seems like the prices shot up in comparison with the other styles. I wonder if that's because it's supposed to be a special thing for the 55th Anniversary, or because of the popularity of the purses in general. :confused3

has nothing to do with the 55th..i looked at dooney and burke on line the purses ARE really that expensive!!

has nothing to do with the 55th..i looked at dooney and burke on line the purses ARE really that expensive!!

Yes, they are. I've carried Dooney for a long time, so I am familiar with their prices in a general sense. I was more so meaning in comparison with the other Disney styles by Dooney currently available, the prices have gone up significantly with this new Disneyland line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter