Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fireworks are now posted - Believe... in Holiday Magic every night starting from the 10th through to the 18th so far. Mickeys Birthday Cavalcade scheduled for the 18th. Still nothing updated re if we will get a parade in the evening.Maybe it will just be the Christmas Parade on its own:confused3

Fireworks are now posted - Believe... in Holiday Magic every night starting from the 10th through to the 18th so far. Mickeys Birthday Cavalcade scheduled for the 18th. Still nothing updated re if we will get a parade in the evening.Maybe it will just be the Christmas Parade on its own:confused3

I sure hope not. Fingers still crossed here!

I'm still hoping too! Paint The Night is our absolute favourite. We fly back home to Australia on the 17th, so we have a slim chance of them putting it on in the first week of the Holiday celebrations. I'm thinking if it does make an appearance it will be later into the season. I want to book the Holiday tour but have been holding off to see if something gets announced.

Well, something will change. There is no way they are going through Thanksgiving weekend without an evening parade of SOME sort. That tells me additions of some sort are still possible anywhere on the calendar.

I rang to book the holiday tour and was told that they aren't taking bookings yet. I asked if it was supposed to be 30 days out from the date you wanted and she said yes. So I asked for the 10th nov and she said maybe the end of next week.
I thought this was strange may they are still deciding on entertainment.

Auditions are on next weekend for the Electrical Light Parade. How exciting Not sure how log they take to rehearse but the call is for dancers. Might get it before next year, maybe!?

Auditions are on next weekend for the Electrical Light Parade. How exciting Not sure how log they take to rehearse but the call is for dancers. Might get it before next year, maybe!?

Fascinating tidbit! I'd love to hear if someone knows how long they usually practice before going live.

I still have a hard time thinking they would muddy the Christmas schedule even more by starting MSEP before the end of the year.

Meanwhile, still refreshing my DL entertainment page a few times a day. :surfweb:

I rang to book the holiday tour and was told that they aren't taking bookings yet. I asked if it was supposed to be 30 days out from the date you wanted and she said yes. So I asked for the 10th nov and she said maybe the end of next week.
I thought this was strange may they are still deciding on entertainment.

I called yesterday and was able to book the 14th. For the holiday tour at 2pm. I decided not to book it quite yet but was able to.

how are you seeing any schedules posted for december? I can only see partly into November.....

I want to book a dessert party , we will only be there Thurs-Sat- so I'm thinking I should book the party on Thursday(?) to be able to possibly see other noghttime stuff on Friday/Sat? Or should I book the party on a weekend night,since crowds will (definitely) be bigger than Thurs? ack! any advice?

I want to book a dessert party , we will only be there Thurs-Sat- so I'm thinking I should book the party on Thursday(?) to be able to possibly see other noghttime stuff on Friday/Sat? Or should I book the party on a weekend night,since crowds will (definitely) be bigger than Thurs? ack! any advice?

I chose a weekend night to give me a scheduled seat on a very busy evening. But I'm watching to see if they put Paint the Night back on the schedule during the holiday season. If "select nights" meant just weekends, then I might move my dessert party to a week night to have the most flexibility for PTN viewing.

I just wish they'd get some details out there already so I can adjust whatever I still need to adjust! I didn't schedule any dinner plans thinking there would be at least an evening Christmas parade. But right now........ nada.

since you have to pay when booking, it is still simple to move it around if you change dates?

since you have to pay when booking, it is still simple to move it around if you change dates?

I don't know. I hadn't figured the PTN angle in all of this when I booked. I just figured since it's refundable up to 24 hours out, hopefully I could call and change if there were openings.

I'm a WDW vet and find all this uncertainty perplexing, to say the least! I am very eager to see the PTN parade, but according to the "experts" on here, as well as the schedule I've checked during my stay, it's not showing. I read that it was to close after the 60th celebration. Did any of you actually see that it has been extended?

I'm a WDW vet and find all this uncertainty perplexing, to say the least! I am very eager to see the PTN parade, but according to the "experts" on here, as well as the schedule I've checked during my stay, it's not showing. I read that it was to close after the 60th celebration. Did any of you actually see that it has been extended?

Read the final comment from Erin on the Disney blog entry for Holiday Time 2016:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...world-of-color-festival-of-holidays-and-more/

Sorry if this was answered before on this thread but really not trying to go through 164 pages lol. Does anyone know the general timeframe of when they start taking down the Christmas Decorations and Overlays? We are thinking of going the 27 and 28th of Dec this year. I also heard they start doing refurbishments during the off season. Do you think this would affect our trip?

Thanks so much!

The holiday stuff is slated to run thru January 8th so the overlays/entertainment should continue through that timeframe. As I understand it, Xmas thru New Years is a very busy time at the resort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter