d2c6178c-a216-4c28-94e9-28f87010e8c9.jpg
2822054c-0380-4d9e-bcc8-7bfba829740a.jpg
aadab874-30e5-4a8e-b0ec-366433c698e7.jpg
IMG_6719-1.jpg
40e285ab-625e-4684-9b34-b6d2f1b77f15.jpg

Disneyland Resort's 2015 Holiday Season Dates Are:

November 13, 2015 -- January 6, 2016

The official announcement of 2015 season dates from the Disney Parks Blog:

"Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Returns November 13 through January 6, 2016" -- posted on September 3rd, 2015 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

:santa:

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME to the
Disneyland Resort at Christmas Time/Holiday Season
Information & Photo Superthread - Part 5!!!

Please also see the previous (very popular and active) Superthreads - Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #4, Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #3, Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #2 and Disney at Christmas - for lots of fantastic photos and information on the "most wonderful time of the year"!

About the Superthread

I began the first Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread in 2010, in response to the demand for details, photos and discussion about Disneyland Resort’s popular holiday festivities. My goal was to gather as much information about the season in one place as possible, making the Superthread a sort of “one-stop shop” for planners. I am proud to say that it has been a valuable tool in helping a lot of our DISboards members map out their trips ever since – largely due to our helpful, knowledgeable contributors and participants.

This Superthread is intended and designed to be informative, interactive and fun! As you can see, the 11 posts that follow on this page are dedicated to providing you with everything you need to know about the holidays at Disneyland Resort (and at select nearby locations in Southern California). In those posts I have included links to blogs, press releases, podcasts, videos, trip reports and other materials covering assorted holiday season-related subjects, and I hope you will find them useful as you plan your visit. I have also used my own personal photos as thumbnails of the subjects in some of the posts to add a bit of color and visual reference.

Beyond Page 1, you will find a lot of conversation about all facets of The Merriest Place on Earth, along with photos. The thread runs until it hits the page limit, which is Page 250. If it takes 2 years to hit Page 250, the thread lasts 2 years and then I will start a new thread. If it takes 6 months to reach 250, then the thread ends in 6 months and I will start a new one. In other words, I do not create a new thread simply because it is a new year, which may be the common belief. It all comes down to the number of pages and how quickly the thread is moving, and that is what dictates when a new Superthread begins.

What We Discuss in the Superthread

We talk about any holidays/celebrations that fall close to or within Disneyland Resort's holiday season; how DLR observes them; what the crowds are like; special offerings, etc. Those holidays primarily include: Veterans Day (in terms of crowds over that holiday weekend), Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas Eve & Day, New Year's Eve & Day and, finally, Three Kings Day -- although, you may see an occasional bit of Halloween talk trickling into this thread due to the fact that much of the holiday merchandise and some of the decorations will appear before October 31st. There is even a rather fun "colliding holidays"/crossover period of time in which pumpkins still dot the Disneyland landscape while wreaths and garland slowly move in. (But never fear -- I have a whole separate Superthread devoted to the Halloween Time season, so it won't be forgotten or lost in the holiday shuffle!)

Sometimes it may take a while for any new details on the upcoming season to come in. For example, currently we know very little (officially) about the 2015 season other than that it will begin in November and end in January, but we have a general idea of how certain things might run based on previous years’ patterns.

In this Superthread we answer questions; help people plan; and discuss facts, dates, rumors, speculation, possibilities and breaking news about the Holidays at Disneyland Resort. And as we wait for that news to break, to pass the time we may occasionally venture into a bit of chatting about other (non-Disney) holiday-related subjects, such as Christmas movies and TV specials; music; goodies; decorations, etc., to keep up the excitement and momentum. I try not to let the thread stray too far from the main topic for too long, so if you see that we are talking about something that is not specifically associated with Disneyland Resort, it is only temporary and we will get back on track with Disneyland holiday discussion very shortly!

You Don't Have to Read the Whole Thread!

The pace of this Superthread can vary, becoming extremely active at times and very quiet at others. As more people join in and begin to post, the thread will get longer. I know that a thread with many pages can be daunting or intimidating, and lurkers often shy away from participating in it because they believe they are required or expected to read every post on every page.

That is not expected here. My suggestion would be to first skim the posts on Page 1 of this thread to see if any of the categories/subjects interest you, or if any of the questions you have can be answered in the information provided. Do not try to read everything in one sitting unless you have the time to spare – it is on Page 1, so it will be easy to access/locate again when it is more convenient for you!

Next, you might want to glance over the last couple of pages of the thread to see what we have been discussing recently. You also have the option of using the Search feature for the thread to locate any mentions of topics of interest (i.e., “candy canes” or “holiday tour”).

Even if you don’t have time to peruse Page 1 or the last couple of pages in this Superthread, please feel free to jump in anyway and we will try to assist! We have a friendly group of folks here – many of whom have a lot of combined years of experience in visiting Disneyland Resort in November, December and early January – and we talk about the holiday season all year long. Whether you are planning your first-ever holiday visit to Disneyland, or whether you have enjoyed the holidays at Disneyland in the past, we would love for you to join us and ask questions or share your experiences, respectively!

20d07aa9-2734-4b21-9044-627053e0cbdb.jpg
112e704d-ba3f-4105-b0d7-8da9a5655c12.jpg
2ae3025d-135b-4ba9-9d01-46499c4ed821.jpg
cc6e7833-d209-46fb-b08e-3ef45c9ad405.jpg
5991809e-7be5-44d1-9bc2-ba1c6104f4cb.jpg

The Theme Week Countdown

In the summer – approximately late July or early August – I will kick off our 5th Theme Week Countdown in this thread. This is something I began in 2011 as a way to showcase all of the aspects of the seasonal details at Disneyland Resort for both newcomers and repeat holiday visitors alike, while counting down to the official start date of the new season in November. The Theme Week Countdown – which is exclusive to this specific thread – highlights a different theme each week (for example, Cars Land Week), and many of our DIS’ers contribute to the themes by sharing their beautiful photos over the course of 3 months. Anyone is welcome to participate.

In 2013 and 2014, I added in a contest element to the Theme Week Countdown, and 5 DIS’ers won Disney gift cards. Stay tuned to this thread for details on the 2015 Theme Week Countdown when we get a bit closer to July!

Sources of Information

Official sources of information (these are usually branches of the Walt Disney Company or family of companies) that you may see referenced on Page 1 and throughout the subsequent pages include, but are not limited to: the Disneyland Resort website; Disney.com; Disneyland News; the Disney Parks Blog; D23; Disneyland Today; Disney Insider; Disney Destinations; Backstage Pass (a newsletter for Annual Passholders); the Walt Disney Travel Co.; Disney Vacation Club; ABC.com; and even the newsletter for Disney Visa Rewards members.

Unofficial sources that you may see referenced (which are not affiliated with Disney in any way) include, but are not limited to: DISboards (The DIS); DIS Unplugged; wdwinfo.com; MousePlanet; MiceChat; MouseSavers; the Disney Food Blog; MouseWait; Mouse Info; Laughing Place; Stitch Kingdom, etc.

In many cases a lot of the information/details from past seasons is applicable every year, so it is there for your reference on Page 1 and will not necessarily change. Be aware that as each holiday season ends, a few of the links to certain articles or websites I have listed on Page 1 will become inactive (for example, the link to Knott’s Merry Farm in the “Other Things to Do” post becomes active in November, then inactive again immediately after the holidays end, then active again in November). Most of the links on Page 1 of this Superthread will remain valid and intact all the time, but if you should encounter a link that is no longer “live” it probably just means that it was specific to the season/year that just ended, or it became invalid after I first posted it. I try to keep the posts updated and cleared of any dead links when I can, but I can’t always do it as quickly or as often as I’d like! (Real life sometimes gets in the way!)

290dfc03-061e-4c1c-b723-9849aacf27b7.jpg
24d5d34b-e5e5-4ff7-832f-222b8c228308.jpg
c7003b59-0f7a-4cb6-b027-d22a4e6c81a4.jpg
8fed0da1-5a4f-46b5-8012-01d0f48138dd.jpg
a8251492-6ea0-4f8e-9b84-b2cee99de2d8.jpg

Please feel free to jump in and join the conversation as we dissect all aspects of the Holidays at Disneyland Resort! Let's start planning together!

Last edited:
4fcde977-3f04-42f0-b27e-5a4d887f402f.jpg

*CURRENTLY UPDATING THIS POST TO REFLECT HOLIDAY 2015 INFO -- STAY TUNED****

Days/Dates/Events to Remember for the 2014-2015 Holiday Season
at Disneyland Resort*

(*listings in italics or with ??? next to them indicate that the dates have neither been confirmed nor announced, and/or are subject to change)

Disneyland Resort Park Hours/Schedule/Calendar (dates are always subject to change)

What We Know About the 2014 Holiday Season So Far (Official info; returning seasonal entertainment; Unofficial but Probable developments; Rumors, etc.) -- HERE and HERE.

(September 2014)

Friday, September 12, 2014 -- Haunted Mansion Holiday officially opened in Disneyland (2014 is the actual 13th anniversary of HMH, whereas 2013 was the "13th year" of this popular seasonal overlay)

(October 2014)

Holiday decorations and merchandise begin to appear in Disneyland (New Orleans Square is one of the first lands to be decorated) and California Adventure towards the end of Halloween Time, even before October 31st.

Snow appears on the Castle during the next-to-last week in October.

It's a Small World closes (this year on 10/20/14) for the installation of the holiday overlay.

(November 2014)

Friday, November 7 -- A Christmas Fantasy Parade begins (the taping of this parade for ABC will take place around DLR on 11/7 - 11/8, and possibly on 11/9)

Friday, November 7 -- Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks begins

???Friday, November 7 -- Buena Vista Street Christmas Tree Lighting will probably begin in California Adventure???

Friday, November 7 -- It's a Small World Holiday opens

Friday, November 7 -- Jingle Jangle Jamboree soft opened (located in the Big Thunder Ranch area of Frontierland -- I'm not sure if Santa Claus and all entertainment will be there on that date, or not until 11/13/14)

???Friday, November 7 -- Wintertime Enchantment Lighting of Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle will probably begin in Disneyland???

Tuesday, November 11 -- Veterans Day

Tuesday, November 11 -- Viva Navidad soft launched/opened

Wednesday, November 12 -- Holiday Carolers begin performing in Downtown Disney, at the Winter Village (according to DLR website)

Wednesday, November 12 -- World of Color - Winter Dreams soft launched/opened

:santa:Thursday, November 13 -- Holidays at the Disneyland Resort officially begins!!

Thursday, November 13 -- Jingle Cruise opens

Thursday, November 13 -- Santa Claus begins greeting guests at Elias & Co. in California Adventure

Thursday, November 13 -- Downtown Disney Winter Village opens

Thursday, November 13 -- Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink opens (in Downtown Disney)

Friday, November 14 -- Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour will begin

Friday, November 14 – Sunday, November 16, 2014-- runDisney’s Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend. Info can be found here and here.

???Between Tuesday, November 18th and Friday, November 21st -- Decorations at the 3 Disneyland Resort Hotels will most likely go up???

Thursday, November 27 -- Thanksgiving

Thursday, November 27 -- Santa Claus and Christmas Carolers appear at all 3 hotels

Friday, November 28 -- Candy Cane-making at Candy Palace in Disneyland park -- More information -- HERE.

Saturday, November 29 -- Candy Cane-making at Trolley Treats in California Adventure -- More information -- HERE.

(December 2014)

Monday, December 1 -- Candy Cane-making at Trolley Treats in California Adventure

Tuesday, December 2 -- Candy Cane-making at Candy Palace in Disneyland park

Friday, December 5 -- Candy Cane-making at Candy Palace in Disneyland Park

Saturday, December 6 -- RaverDay (See more info -- HERE)

Saturday, December 6 -- Candy Cane-making at Trolley Treats in California Adventure

Saturday, December 6th and Sunday, December 7th, 2014 -- The Candlelight Ceremony and Processional takes place on these dates, in Town Square. See more info HERE. Narrators' names will probably not be released until October or November.

Saturday, December 6 - Thursday, December 11, 2014 -- the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition at Anaheim Convention Center (this is a pharmaceutical meeting for which many of the attendees will be staying at the 3 Disneyland Resort hotels and likely at some of the Good Neighbor hotels as well. See more info -- HERE.)

Monday, December 8 -- Candy Cane-making at Trolley Treats in California Adventure

Tuesday, December 9 -- Candy Cane-making at Candy Palace in Disneyland Park

Friday, December 12 -- Candy Cane-making at Candy Palace in Disneyland Park

Saturday, December 13 -- Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen's Gingerbread Holiday House Building Workshop (12 p.m. - 2 p.m.) -- More information -- HERE

Saturday, December 13 -- Candy Cane-making at Trolley Treats in California Adventure

Sunday, December 14 -- Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen's Gingerbread Holiday House Building Workshop (12 p.m. - 2 p.m.)

Monday, December 15 -- Candy Cane-making at Trolley Treats in California Adventure

Tuesday, December 16 -- Wednesday, December 24 -- Hanukkah

Tuesday, December 16 -- Candy Cane-making at Candy Palace in Disneyland Park

Friday, December 19 -- Candy Cane-making at Candy Palace in Disneyland Park

Saturday, December 20 -- Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen's Gingerbread Holiday House Building Workshop (12 p.m. - 2 p.m.)

Saturday, December 20 -- Candy Cane-making at Trolley Treats in California Adventure

Saturday, December 20 -- "Frozen Fun" sneak peek begins in California Adventure. More info can be found -- HERE

Sunday, December 21 -- Candy Cane-making at Candy Palace in Disneyland Park

Sunday, December 21 -- Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen's Gingerbread Holiday House Building Workshop (12 p.m. - 2 p.m.)

Monday, December 22 -- Candy Cane-making at Trolley Treats in California Adventure

Tuesday, December 23 -- Candy Cane-making at Candy Palace in Disneyland Park

Wednesday, December 24 -- Candy Cane-making at Candy Palace in Disneyland Park

Wednesday, December 24 - Christmas Eve

Thursday, December 25 -- Candy Cane-making at Trolley Treats in California Adventure

Thursday, December 25 - Christmas day

Wednesday, December 31 -- New Year's Eve

Wednesday, December 31 -- New Year’s Eve Fireworks Spectacular

(January 2015)

Thursday, January 1 -- New Year's Day

Friday, January 2 -- Tuesday, January 6 -- Three Kings Day celebration in California Adventure

Tuesday, January 6th --The final day of the holiday season :sad:.

Wednesday, January 7 -- "Frozen Fun" officially opens in California Adventure and in Disneyland. More info can be found -- HERE

Saturday, January 10 -- Last day of Holiday Carolers in Downtown Disney

Sunday, January 11 -- ??Final day of Haunted Mansion Holiday??

Sunday, January 25 -- ??Final day of It's a Small World Holiday??

(February 2015)

Sunday, February 22 -- Final day of Olaf's Frozen ice rink and Downtown Disney Winter Village

(November 2015)

Thursday, November 12 - Sunday, November 15, 2015 -- Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon Weekend

:santa::santa::santa:

Dates from Last Year's (2013 - 2014) season (just for your reference, until we get more info on this year's dates!)

(September 2013)

September 13, 2013 -- Haunted Mansion Holiday opens in Disneyland

(October 2013)

Holiday decorations and merchandise begin to appear in Disneyland and California Adventure towards the end of Halloween Time, even before October 31st.

(November 2013)

Friday, November 8, 2013 -- Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks begin in Disneyland

Friday, November 8, 2013 -- Buena Vista Street Christmas Tree Lighting Begins in California Adventure

Friday, November 8th, 2013 and Saturday, November 9th, 2013 -- Christmas Parade Taping

Friday, November 8, 2013 -- A Christmas Fantasy Parade begins in Disneyland

Friday, November 8, 2013 -- It's a Small World Holiday soft opens on this date in Disneyland

Friday, November 8, 2013 -- Jingle Cruise soft opens in Disneyland

Friday, November 8, 2013 -- Jingle Jangle Jamboree soft opens in Disneyland

???Friday, November 8, 2013 -- Wintertime Lighting of Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle begins in Disneyland (soft opens?)

Monday, November 11, 2013 -- Veterans Day

Monday, November 11, 2013 -- Tickets for Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen 2013 Gingerbread House Workshop go on sale on Facebook

:santa:Tuesday, November 12, 2013 -- Holiday Season officially begins at Disneyland Resort (characters in seasonal attire will be out for photos)

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 -- Holiday Time Tour begins

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 -- It's a Small World Holiday officially begins

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 -- Jingle Cruise officially opens in Disneyland

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 -- Jingle Jangle Jamboree officially opens in Disneyland

Thursday, November 14, 2013 -- Winter Village opens in Downtown Disney

Friday, November 15, 2013 -- Disney Viva Navidad! begins in California Adventure

???Friday, November 15, 2013 -- Mad T Party Holiday show begins in California Adventure

Friday, November 15, 2013 -- Wintertime Enchantment Lighting of Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle officially begins in Disneyland

Friday, November 15, 2013 -- World of Color - Winter Dreams begins in California Adventure

Monday, November 18th, 2013 - Friday, November 22nd, 2013 -- The View tapes at Disneyland Resort

Saturday, November 23, 2013 - The famous handmade candy canes begin in Disneyland; see this page for full 2013 holiday schedule

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 -- Hanukkah begins

Thursday, November 28, 2013 -- Thanksgiving

???Friday, November 29, 2013 -- Downtown Disney should begin to play holiday music.

???Friday, November 29, 2013 -- All entertainment (Santa Claus, Carolers) and decorations should begin at the 3 Hotels of the Disneyland resort.

???Unsure of the status of the Storybook Land Canal boats and when the miniature decorations on that ride will be in place

???Unsure of whether or not there will be a Winter overlay in Pixie Hollow this year

(December 2013)

Saturday, December 7 and Sunday, December 8, 2013 -- Candlelight Ceremony takes place in Disneyland (Town Square)

Saturday, December 14, 2013 -- Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Gingerbread House Workshop

Sunday, December 15, 2013 -- Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Gingerbread House Workshop

Saturday, December 21, 2013 -- Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Gingerbread House Workshop

Sunday, December 22, 2013 -- Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Gingerbread House Workshop - D23 event

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 -- Christmas Eve

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 -- Christmas

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 -- New Year's Eve

(January 2014)

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 -- New Year's Day

Friday, January 3 -- Monday, January 6, 2014 -- Three Kings Day celebration takes place

Sunday, January 6, 2014 -- Last day of Haunted Mansion Holiday before removal of overlay

Sunday, January 6, 2014 -- Last day of Holiday Time tour

Monday, January 6, 2014 -- Holiday Season officially ends :sad:

???January ___, 2014 -- Last day of It's a Small World Holiday before removal of overlay

Historical Holiday Season Start and End Dates (from 2003 to 2014)

• Friday, November 7, 2003 (but some events did not begin until November 21) –- Sunday, January 4, 2004

• Friday, November 5, 2004 –- Sunday, January 2, 2005

• Friday, November 11, 2005 –- Monday, January 2, 2006

• Friday, November 10, 2006 –- Wednesday, January 3, 2007

• Friday, November 16, 2007 -- Sunday, January 6, 2008

• Friday, November 21, 2008 –- Sunday, January 4, 2009

• Friday, November 13, 2009 –- Sunday, January 3, 2010

• Friday, November 12, 2010 –- Sunday, January 2, 2011

• Monday, November 14, 2011 –- Sunday, January 8, 2012

• Monday, November 12, 2012 –- Sunday, January 6, 2013

• Tuesday, November 12, 2013 –- Monday, January 6, 2014

• Thursday, November 13, 2014 - Tuesday, January 6, 2015

• Friday, November 13, 2015 - Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Fun Facts About Seasonal Dates!

:littleangel:From 1998 – 2002, the Candlelight Processional was held at the Fantasyland Theatre, a departure from its usual, longstanding (and historical) Town Square location.

In 2012, the Candlelight Ceremony took place on 20 nights (40 performances) in December, from December 1 – 20, and in 2013 it went back to its usual 2-night schedule on the first full weekend of December.

pixiedust:Though it began in 2000 and is still part of every holiday season at Disneyland Resort, Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks did not run for the holiday season of 2005-2006. Disneyland chose to keep Remember Dreams Come True running for Disneyland’s 50th anniversary. It is unknown at this time whether or not BIHM or RDCT will run during the holiday season of 2015, as this is the year of Disneyland’s 60th anniversary. However, it is assumed that Disneyland Forever -- the special Diamond Anniversary fireworks -- will run in place of BIHM.

:scratchin The holiday season has not begun on Veterans Day (11/11) in 10 years (since 2005), nor has it begun before Veterans Day since 2006!

Check-In/Meet Threads for 2015

(Check in with your fellow DIS'ers to see who else will be at DLR on which dates, and where they're staying. Plan meet-ups and get-togethers!)

Last edited:
:santa:General Information:santa:

DIS Unplugged Holiday Podcasts

Holidays 2013 Podcast/Discussion (November 21, 2013)

Christmas Call-In Show (December 6, 2012) - The Podcast team and I tackle all the commonly asked questions about the holiday season, including special menu items available on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and much, much more!

California Adventure Christmas (November 22, 2012) - Nancy gives the scoop on all of the new decorations in Cars Land and on Buena Vista Street, as well as shares info she learned from the Disneyland Resort Enhancement Team!

Holiday Preview 2012 (November 8, 2012) Mary Jo, Tom and the gang discuss the exciting changes coming soon to the 2012 holiday season

Previous Christmas Superthreads

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #4, January 2014 - December 2014 (started by Sherry E)

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Photo & Information Superthread #3, 2012-2014 (started by Sherry E)

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Photo & Information Superthread #2, 2010-2012 (First Official Superthread, started by Sherry E)

Disney at Christmas (Unofficial Superthread, #1 - started by stitchsclan)

Holidays at Disneyland Resort -
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When does the holiday season begin and end at the Disneyland Resort?
A: Typically, the season will "officially" begin within a day or two after Veterans Day - so around early/mid-November. The season sometimes begins on Fridays and sometimes on Mondays. Many things in the parks (such as It's a Small World Holiday) will open a few days before the official season start date, but not everything. The 3 hotels are usually decorated until right around Thanksgiving, although in 2013 the first sightings of hotel Christmas trees were reported 9 days before Thanksgiving!

This year, the holiday season will begin on Thursday, November 13, 2014, and extend through Tuesday, January 6, 2015.

The season used to end on the first Sunday after New Year's Day. If New Year's Day fell on a Sunday, the last day of the season would likely be one week from that day. However, in January 2014 the season officially ended on Monday, January 6th.

Decorations and overlays begin to come down even before the season ends. Certain entertainment (the hotels' Santas and carolers, for example) will end right around Christmas. Of course, there can be adjustments and alterations in the schedule depending on which dates fall on which days of the week.

Q: What are the usual park hours during the holiday season?
A: Below you will eventually find the park hours and schedules for 2014 (schedules will be updated and filled in as Disneyland Resort releases its calendar information for 2014 -- THEY ARE NOT COMPLETE AS OF NOW):

November 2014 - Disneyland Park Hours/Parades and Show Times

December 2014 - Disneyland Park Hours/Parades and Show Times

These were the park hours and Entertainment Schedules for November and December of 2011, 2012 and 2013:

November 2013 - Disneyland Park Hours/Parades and Show Times

November 2012 - Disneyland Park Hours/Parades and Show Times

November 2011 - Disneyland Park Hours/Parades and Show Times

December 2013 - Disneyland Park Hours/Parades and Show Times

December 2012 - Disneyland Park Hours/Parades and Show Times

December 2011 - Disneyland Park Hours/Parades and Show Times

Q: Is there a Christmas party held at Disneyland resort?
A: Thus far, there are no Christmas parties (such as the equivalent of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Walt Disney World) held at DLR, although there are rumors swirling about the possibility of a party based on the popularity of the yearly Halloween parties. This party - if it comes to fruition - could happen as early as this year's (2014's) holiday season but there have been no confirmed reports or announcements as of yet. Most likely we will not see an official party take place until at least the holiday season of 2015, if it is going to happen at all.

Q: When does the Candlelight Ceremony (Processional) take place?
A: Traditionally, the Candlelight Processional had taken place in Town Square on the first Saturday and Sunday in December. However, in 2012, it took place over 20 nights in December, from December 1st - 20th. In 2013 the Ceremony was back to its usual 2-night schedule.

There have been rumors that the CP may move into California Adventure in the future, or to another location in Disneyland. If this happens, the dates may change in some way, i.e., more dates added, different start dates, etc.

No official announcements have been made about the future of the Candlelight Ceremony, but the dates for 2014 will be Saturday, December 6th and Sunday, December 7th.

Q: When is the least crowded time to visit Disneyland resort during the holiday season?
A: Ahhh...the age-old question. The holiday season at DLR is extremely popular and is a busy time overall, from its start in November to its end in early January. It is, like summer, considered peak season. Attendance is up, hours are extended for some of the time and entertainment is in full swing. The last several holiday seasons have broken records for attendance, with 2009 being the busiest holiday season at DLR in 10 years; 2010 surpassing 2009; 2011 surpassing 2010; and so on.

The common belief is that November is less crowded than December. However, opening weekend of the season is always quite crowded, and many people have reported that the time frame/week immediately leading up to Thanksgiving weekend is extremely busy. The parks apparently clear out substantially right after Thanksgiving weekend is over, when weary visitors head back to school and work.

In 2013 there were reports of both low crowds and big crowds over Thanksgiving week!

The completion of the billion dollar makeover ("re-imagining") of California Adventure has served to attract many more guests to Disneyland Resort as well.

The earlier portion of December is generally less crowded than the second half of that month. But, the Candlelight Ceremony is known to draw large crowds, and many folks choose to avoid those days/nights.

After Thanksgiving weekend, the crowds are expected to lighten up considerably until approximately mid-December (though, in 2013, reports were that early December was more crowded than expected). From mid-December on through the remainder of the season, the crowds steadily and rapidly increase, usually reaching a fever pitch in the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. Both Disneyland and California Adventure have reached capacity during Christmas and New Year's (although DL itself has been known to reach capacity even before Christmas here and there), and on a few occasions DL has actually had to stop selling tickets and stop letting people in the gates early in the day (before noon).

So, based on reports from DIS'ers, facts, figures and patterns, it would seem that, thus far, the least crowded periods of the holiday season at DLR would be immediately after Thanksgiving weekend, into the first 2 weeks of December.

Even though the season will not have officially begun at this point, late October/early November visitors will see that decorations are going up, a little at a time each day -- and early November weekdays are said to be rather quiet (in the first week of that month, especially).

Q: What is the weather like during the holiday season at DLR?
A: First of all, see HydroGuy's informative thread about DLR weather:

Detailed Weather Data for DLR

November and December weather in Southern California can be varied and even unpredictable. Many of us who are longtime SoCal residents have witnessed very warm Autumns and Winters, where sometimes the temperatures can reach into the 90's. There have also been periods of torrential rain. Sometimes it may be 50 degrees at DLR in the daytime and in the 30's at night. Other times it's in the 70's in the daytime and in the 50's at night. I've personally been to DLR in both November and December when it's been very warm. And I've been to DLR in both of those months when it's been very cold (30 degrees at night) and/or raining heavily.

Chances are it will be fairly warm in November - meaning in the upper 70's at least, if not the low 80's, and cool in the evenings. December will most likely offer temperatures in the 60's or 70's in the daytime and in the 50's at night....but as stated above, it can be a very unpredictable month and it could get very cold or warm out of the blue! A wise tip from many of our seasoned holiday travellers is to dress in layers, so it will be easy to get comfortable during any unexpected shifts in temperature.

:santa::santa:

General DLR Holiday Blogs, Press Releases, etc.

(2014)

Disneyland Resort 2014 Holiday Information/Overview Page

"How Well Do You Know… Disneyland Resort’s Holiday Transformation?" -- Disney Insider; posted on December 19, 2014

"A Rare Look at Disneyland and Its Christmases Past" -- D23 Days of Christmas; posted on December 16, 2014

"Don't Just Decorate Your Christmas Tree, Imagineer It!" -- D23 Days of Christmas; posted on December 6, 2014

"Christmas Trees of the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 28th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Disneyland Resort: Holidays By The Numbers" -- Disneyland News press release; posted Wednesday, November 26, 2014

"The Holiday Season Officially Launches at the Disneyland Resort" -- Disneyland News press release; posted on November 13, 2014

"Disneyland Resort Welcomes Anna and Elsa from ‘Frozen’ to ‘A Christmas Fantasy’ Parade as Holiday Season Begins Nov. 13, Featuring ‘Holiday Magic’ Fireworks and ‘World of Color – Winter Dreams’" -- Disneyland News press release; posted on November 7, 2014

"Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Begins November 13 with ‘Frozen’ Additions and Returning Favorites" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 7th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Returns November 13 through January 6, 2015" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 10th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Smash into Backstage Disneyland with the Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on April 25th, 2014 by Andrae Gill, Adventures by Disney

"Runners Assemble – Super News From runDisney" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on February 25th, 2014 by Faron Kelley, Director, Marketing & Communications, Disney Sports

runDisney’s Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend – Friday, November 14 – Sunday, November 16, 2014 (from the runDisney site)

Happy New Year from the Disneyland Resort -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on January 1st, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

(2013)

"25 Beautiful Holiday Wreaths Hung with Care at Disneyland Resort" -- babble; posted by Disney Sisters approximately December 2013 or January 2014

Holiday Carol: It’s Giving Time from the Disneyland Resort -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 24th, 2013 by Kevin Rafferty, Jr., Communications Specialist, Disneyland Resort

Eat-Shop-Play Guide to Holidays at the Disneyland Resort: Tips from a Disney Parks Moms Panelist -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 18th, 2013 by Michele Himmelberg, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

Meet the ‘Elves’ Behind the Magic of Holidays at the Disneyland Resort -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 17th, 2013 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

ABC’s ‘The View’ Visits the Disneyland Resort -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 19th, 2013 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Returns November 12 Through January 6 - Disney Parks Blog; posted on August 6th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print, Disneyland Resort

Disney by the Numbers --Christmas by the Numbers (click the specific "Disneyland" tab)

(2012)

Merry Christmas from the Disneyland Resort - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 25th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Holiday Magic Found Throughout the Disneyland Resort - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 19th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Nighttime Holiday Magic at the Disneyland Resort - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 18th, 2012 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

Holidays at Disneyland Resort: The Magic Looks and Feels Different - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 14th, 2012 by Michele Himmelberg, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

Holiday Cheer Spreads Throughout the Disneyland Resort - Disneyland News, October 23, 2012

Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Coming November 12 Through January 6 - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 2nd, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

(2011)

Test Your Disneyland Resort Holiday Knowledge - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 22nd, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Disney Characters Get Dressed Up for Holiday Fun at Disney Parks - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 16th, 2011 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Merry Holiday Hunt at the Disneyland Resort: How Many of These Festive Places Will You Find? - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 14th, 2011 by Michele Himmelberg, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

Over-the-Top, Dream-Come-True Holiday Experience at the Disneyland Resort - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 21st, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Things You Might Not Know About Holidays at the Disneyland Resort - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 18th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Begins Today! - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 14th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Deck the Halls - and the Disneyland Resort - with Lots of Holly! - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 10th, 2011 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

Sneak Peek: Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Begins November 14 - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 2nd, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

(2010)

A Look at New Year's Eve Celebrations at Disneyland Resort Over the Years - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 28th, 2010 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

New Year's Eve 2010 at Disneyland Resort - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 21st, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Guest Spotlight: Celebrating 45 Consecutive Christmas Eves at Disneyland Resort - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 20th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Favorite Holiday Traditions at Disneyland Resort - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 17th, 2010 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

It's All About the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 23rd, 2010 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

(2009)

"Fun Tools to Help You Plan a Holiday Trip and Bring Disney Magic into Your Home" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 1st, 2009 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Disney California Adventure Park
Seasonal Entertainment/Activities/Highlights/Events/Decorations

General Holiday Season Blogs

(2014)

"Yesterland: The First Christmas at California Adventure" -- Yesterland (for MiceChat); posted on December 25th, 2014, by Werner Weiss

"Disneyland Resort Guests Ring in the New Year, Showing their Disney Side with Live Music and Fireworks" -- Disneyland News press release; posted on December 19, 2014

"Spending New Year’s Eve at Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 16th, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

"Mapping Out the Holidays: Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 8th, 2014 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

"Christmas Trees of the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 28th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Disneyland Resort: Holidays By The Numbers" -- Disneyland News press release; posted Wednesday, November 26, 2014

(2012)

The Happiest Place on Earth Just Got Merrier: Disney California Adventure Park Celebrates First Holiday Season Since its Grand Reopening - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 3rd, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Three New Gingerbread Creations Debut at Disney California Adventure Park - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 26th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Disney California Adventure Dresses Up in New Holiday Decor! - DIS Unplugged; posted on November 14, 2012 by Nancy Johnson, Contributor/Correspondent

(2011)

New Year's Eve Adventures Await at Disney California Adventure Park - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 30th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

(2009)

"Ringing in the New Year at Disney’s California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 30th, 2009 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Buena Vista Street

(Don't forget to visit Santa Claus for a Christmas card-worthy photo in Elias & Company's classic department store setting! In this video from November 28, 2013, DIS Unplugged's Tom Bell chatted with Santa [on a break from his post at Elias] on Buena Vista Street about the many things visitors can experience during November and December at Disneyland Resort!)

(2014)

"Five Ways to Celebrate the Holidays on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 5th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Santa Is Making the Rounds at Disney Parks" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 4th, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

(2012)

Molly the Messenger Delivers Letters to (And From) Santa on Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure Park - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 21st, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

The Halls are Decked for the Holidays on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 4th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Creating Holiday Traditions on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 1st, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

A Bug's Land

(A Bug's Land displays enormous Christmas ornaments and lights -- along with a few other clever surprises -- during the holiday season. Flik wears a tiny Santa suit in the sign above the entrance to Flik's Fun Fair.)

"Holidays From a Bug’s View" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 23rd, 2009 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

Cars Land

(Filled with whimsically automotive spins on Christmas trees and garland, one of the most delightfully detailed -- and, perhaps, delectable?? -- decorations can be found on a table inside the Cozy Cone office. Look for it the next time you visit DLR for the holidays!)

(2014)

"Disney Parks After Dark: Reflections of Cars Land in the Rain" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 18th, 2014 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

"Readers Cruise into the Holidays at Disney Parks Blog Christmas in Cars Land Meet-Up at Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 4th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Holidays Shine Bright in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 25th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Christmas at Cars Land in Disney’s California Adventure" -- The DIS; posted on November 22, 2014 by Jack Burgin

"Register Now to Race into the Holiday Season at the Disney Parks Blog Christmas in Cars Land Meet-Up" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 19th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

(2013)

VIDEO - Christmas in Cars Land -- by Tom Bell, DIS Unplugged; November 20, 2013

The Christmas Trees of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 24th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

(2012)

Cars Land-Inspired Holiday Decor You Can Make at Home -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 18th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Cars Land Gets Gussied Up for the Holidays at Disney California Adventure Park -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 7th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Get Revved Up for the Holidays in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 30th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Holidays Come to Cars Land! Seasonal Cheer Spreads Throughout Disneyland Resort as The Happiest Place on Earth Gets Merrier Starting Nov. 12 - Disneyland News, October 23rd, 2012

Condor Flats

(At this time there are no holiday activities or decorations in Condor Flats.)

Grizzly Peak

Elf Days

(This was a Limited Time Magic event in December 2013, and as of early December 2014 there has been no word of its return)

‘Limited Time Magic’ Brings Elf Days to Disney California Adventure Park -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 6th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Hollywood Land

Frozen Fun

(This event is not technically part of the roster of Holiday Season activities as of yet, but it is scheduled to "sneak peek" beginning on Saturday, December 20, 2014, before officially starting on Wednesday, January 7, 2015 )

Highlights include:

• “Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome” at the Animation Building;
  • “Do You Want to Draw a Snowman?” at the Animation Academy in the Animation Building;
  • “For the First Time in Forever – A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” at the MuppetVision 3D Theatre (converted to the Crown Jewel Theatre);
  • “Olaf’s Snow Fest” at Stage 17;
  • “Freeze the Night! A Family Dance Party” at the former Mad T Party location; and
  • Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post at the former Rizzo's Pawn Shop.

Information:

"‘Frozen Fun’ Sneak Peek Opens, Anna and Elsa Begin Greeting Guests at Disney California Adventure Park Tomorrow" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 19th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Frozen Fiends, Come Get Your Fix with All-New 'Frozen Fun' at Disney California Adventure" -- Disney Insider; posted December 8, 2014

"New ‘Frozen Fun’ Opens at Disneyland Resort January 7" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 5th, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

"New, Live ‘Frozen Fun’ Opens at Disney California Adventure Park Jan. 7, for a Limited Time" -- Disneyland News press release; posted on December 5th, 2014

Mad T Party

(This event ended its run on November 30, 2014, but may possibly return in late spring 2015)

"Mad T Party Gets Merrier at Disney California Adventure Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 8th, 2012 by Robin Trowbridge, Entertainment Show Director, Disneyland Resort

Pacific Wharf

(There are only a few holiday touches around Pacific Wharf in terms of decorations, but the real highlights are the treats! Be sure to visit Ghirardelli for your free sample of peppermint bark, or pick up a loaf of snowman-shaped sourdough bread, freshly crafted by the Boudin Bakery and sold at various eateries in DCA!)

Paradise Pier

Phineas and Ferb's Rockin Rollin Dance Party: Holiday Edition

(This event appears to have been discontinued as of the Holidays of 2014, and possibly prior to that)

Phineas and Ferb's Rockin Rollin Dance Party: Holiday Edition, at Disney California Adventure Park - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 9th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Three Kings Day

(Note: Three Kings Day was held in Disneyland Park until January 2014, when it was relocated to Disney California Adventure Park. The following information includes links to blogs about the event when it took place in Disneyland as well as when it moved to California Adventure, so readers can get a sense of what the overall celebration entails/entailed.)

(2014)

"Disneyland Resort Celebrates Three Kings Day with New Performances – ‘The Spirit of Navidad’" -- Disneyland News press release; posted on December 30, 2014

"Three Kings Day Celebration Returns to Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 29th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

VIDEO: Celebrating Three Kings Day at Disney California Adventure Park -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on January 6th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

VIDEO: Making Pozole for Three Kings Day 2014 at Disney California Adventure - By Tom Bell, DIS Unplugged; January 3, 2014

VIDEO: Three Kings Day at California Adventure - by Tom Bell, DIS Unplugged; January 3, 2014

(2013)

"Disneyland Resort Holiday Celebration ‘¡Disney Viva Navidad!’ Concludes With Festive Three Kings Day Finale, Jan. 3-6, 2014" -- Disneyland News; posted on December 31, 2013

Three Kings Day Celebration Moves to Disney California Adventure Park, January 3-6 -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 30th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Limited Time Magic: Three Kings Day at Disneyland" - DIS Unplugged; by Tom Bell, Contributor/Correspondent, January 4, 2013

(2012)

"Three Kings Day Celebration Returns to Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 19th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"Celebrate Three Kings Day at Disneyland Park with Special Menu Items" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on January 3rd, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"Disneyland Park Celebrates Three Kings Day" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 20th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

¡Viva Navidad!

(2014)

"Five Amazing Sights You’ll See at Disney ¡Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 11th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Viva Navidad at Disney California Adventure" -- The DIS; posted on December 1, 2014 by Tom Bell

"‘Disney ¡Viva Navidad!’ Returns to Disneyland Resort, Adding Festive Latino Fun to Holiday Season, Nov. 13-Jan. 6" -- Disneyland News press release; posted on November 12, 2014

"Authentic Tastes for Disney ¡Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 10th, 2014 by Rachel Brent, Food & Beverage Marketing Communications Coordinator

"Hearty Pozole Soup, the Perfect Fall Supper from Paradise Garden Grill at Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 4th, 2014 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

(2013)

"Latin-Inspired Tastes for Disney ¡Viva Navidad! At Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 5th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

VIDEO: Making Tamales at Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure 2013 -- by Tom Bell, DIS Unplugged; November 27, 2013

Dining in Disneyland: NEW! Viva Navidad Snack Cart at Disney California Adventure -- Disney Food Blog; posted on Nov 21st, 2013 by Heather Sievers

VIDEO: Disney ¡Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure Park -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 13th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Kick Off the Holiday Season with Limited Time Magic at Disney ¡Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 8th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Brings a Festive Celebration to Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 10th, 2013 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

World of Color - Winter Dreams

(2014)

"Fun Facts, Figures and History: ‘World of Color’ and Holiday ‘World of Color – Winter Dreams’" -- Disneyland News Press Release; posted on December 4, 2014[/B]

"Disney’s Second Try at “World of Color – Winter Dreams” Feels More…Disney" -- The DIS; posted by HydroGuy on November 15, 2014

(2013)

How’d They Do That? ‘World of Color’ Honor Choir at Disney California Adventure Park - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 23rd, 2013 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

World of Color – Winter Dreams - Disney Insider 12/5/13

VIDEO: From DIS Unplugged - World of Color: Fountain Controls at Disney California Adventure 2013

VIDEO: "In Summer" from Disney's "Frozen" in "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - Posted November 27, 2013; by Tom Bell; DIS Unplugged

VIDEO: From DIS Unplugged - Toy Story Nutcracker section (World of Color: Winter Dreams)

VIDEO: From DIS Unplugged - "Let It Go" from Disney's "Frozen" (World of Color: Winter Dreams)

VIDEO: From DIS Unplugged - World of Color: Winter Dreams (FULL SHOW)

‘World of Color – Winter Dreams’ Opening Today at Disney California Adventure Park - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 15th, 2013 by Steven Davison, Imagineer, Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment

Enjoy ‘World of Color – Winter Dreams’ at Disney California Adventure Park with ‘Limited Time Magic’ - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 15th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

New ‘World of Color – Winter Dreams’ Celebrates Holiday Joy at Disney California Adventure Park, Starting Nov. 15 - Disneyland News; November 13, 2013

Fun Facts, Figures and History: ‘World of Color’ and Holiday ‘Winter Dreams’ - Disneyland News; November 13, 2013

Meet Olaf from Disney’s ‘Frozen’ – Appearing this Holiday Season in ‘World of Color – Winter Dreams’ at Disney California Adventure Park - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 12th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"First Look: World of Color - Winter Dreams at Disney California Adventure Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 8th, 2013 by Steven Davison, Imagineer, Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment

(CLOSED) "Sign Up Now to Attend World of Color - Winter Dreams Premiere with the Disney Parks Blog" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 6th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"PIXAR Brings Toy Story Nutcracker to Life for World of Color - Winter Dreams at Disney California Adventure Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 21st, 2013 by Steven Davison, Imagineer, Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment

"Disneyland Resort Debuts World of Color - Winter Dreams, a Merry New Spectacular for 2013 Holiday Season" Disneyland News; posted on October 18, 2013

"Lend Your Voice to World of Color - Winter Dreams at Disney California Adventure Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 24th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Behind the Scenes: New Custom Animation for World of Color - Winter Dreams at Disney California Adventure Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 11, 2013 by Steven Davison, Imagineer, Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment

"Disneyland Annual Passholders: Your Seasons Greetings Card Could Be Part of World of Color - Winter Dreams at Disney California Adventure Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on August 30, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media and Print, Disneyland Resort

Speculation: "Eric Whitacre to Produce Virtual Choir for Disney's 'World of Color'" - August 22, 2013, Stitch Kingdom

"Special World of Color Announcement from Imagineer Steve Davison at Disney California Adventure Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on July 25th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print, Disneyland Resort

Disneyland Park
Seasonal Entertainment/Activities/Highlights/Events/Decorations

f21c742a-743f-4a9c-b43a-2b8867eb49b5.jpg
a711ba20-06cf-49eb-a0a2-b29843f1bc37.jpg
944d6a83-5cf2-431f-9a9c-07de6e5c505d.jpg
eb5bfc2e-0bbf-472c-a698-411191b4d7fd.jpg
3b597ee4-1981-4f23-b26f-03c3ce3454da.jpg

General Holiday Season Blogs

(2014)

"Video Rewind: Holidays at Disneyland Park, 2009" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 22nd, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Disneyland Resort Guests Ring in the New Year, Showing their Disney Side with Live Music and Fireworks" -- Disneyland News press release; posted on December 19, 2014

"Behind the Scenes at Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 18th, 2014 by George Savvas, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

"Mapping Out the Holidays: Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 3rd, 2014 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

"First Look: Train, Trisha Yearwood, Lucy Hale, Trey Songz and More at the Disneyland Resort for Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration on ABC" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 11th, 2014 by George Savvas, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

Happy New Year from the Disneyland Resort -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on January 1st, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

(2013)

The Christmas Trees of Disneyland Park -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 25th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

(2010)

Disneyland Gems: Holidays at Disneyland! - DIS Unplugged; posted on November 21, 2010, by Nancy Johnson, Contributor/Correspondent

(2009)

"Disney Characters Decorate Disneyland Park Through the Years" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 22nd, 2009 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

"How to Make a Disney-Themed Christmas Tree" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 8th, 2009 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Adventureland

Jingle Cruise

(2014)

"Jingle Cruise All the Way at Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 24th, 2014 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

"Jingle Cruise: a Better and Funnier Voyage in 2014" -- The DIS; posted by HydroGuy on November 16, 2014

"Dateline Adventureland: Lost Holiday Shipment Found Aboard the Jingle Cruise at Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 13th, 2014 by Tallahassee Glover, Adventureland Correspondent

"Jingle Cruise and Disney’s The Little Mermaid Are Featured Online Only Shirts For November 2014" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 9th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"Dateline Adventureland: Holiday Shipment Lost in the Jungle at Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 6th, 2014 by Tallahassee Glover, Adventureland Correspondent

(2013)

"Bon Voyage: Take a Holiday Jingle Cruise at Disneyland Resort" -- babble (courtesy of Disney); posted in November/December 2013 by Disney Sisters

VIDEO: Disneyland's 'Jingle Cruise' Queue and Full POV Ride-Through – November 25, 2013; DIS Unplugged

‘Limited Time Magic’: Grab a ‘Jingle Cruise’ Poster at Disneyland Park, Walt Disney World -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 22nd, 2013 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Jingle Cruise – Disneyland News (gallery); posted on November 21, 2013

VIDEO: Tour the Jingle Cruise at Disneyland Park -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 13th, 2013 by Shannon Swanson, Senior Publicist, Disneyland Resort

‘Jingle Cruise’ Adds Holiday Spirit to Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ - DIS Unplugged; posted by Craig Williams, Saturday, November 9th, 2013

(REGARDING THE MAGIC KINGDOM AT WALT DISNEY WORLD) "Imagineers Share the First Photos of Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 8th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

"First Look: Jingle Cruise Props & Opening Dates at Disneyland Park and Magic Kingdom Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 6th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

"Jungle Cruise Goes Jingle Cruise for the Holidays at Disneyland Park & Magic Kingdom Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 23rd, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Critter Country

(Not only can you find Pooh and his friends -- most of whom are wearing Santa hats or winter scarves -- at their usual photo spot, but you will also notice that many of the ornaments scattered around Critter Country are covered in "hunny"! ... Critter Country is also home to some of the tiniest decorations in all of Disneyland Resort -- but you'll have to figure out where they are, because telling you would spoil the fun!)

Fantasyland

Frozen Fun

(This event is not technically part of the roster of Holiday Season activities as of yet, but it is scheduled to "sneak peek" in California Adventure beginning on Saturday, December 20, 2014, before officially starting on Wednesday, January 7, 2015. Most of "Frozen Fun" will take place in DCA, and the Anna and Elsa meet and greet will relocate from Fantasyland to DCA.)

The Disneyland park/Fantasyland highlights of "Frozen Fun" will include:

• New “Frozen”-themed show opening in Disneyland at Fantasy Faire, at the Royal Theatre (This will open by January 7, 2015); and
  • New "Frozen" additions to the Storybook Land Canal Boat ride, including: Arendelle; the castle where Anna and Elsa grew up; Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post; and Elsa’s ice palace. (This will debut by December 20, 2014)

Information:

"‘Frozen’ Now Featured in Storybook Land Canal Boats at Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 19th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Frozen Fiends, Come Get Your Fix with All-New 'Frozen Fun' at Disney California Adventure" -- Disney Insider; posted December 8, 2014

"New ‘Frozen Fun’ Opens at Disneyland Resort January 7" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 5th, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

"New, Live ‘Frozen Fun’ Opens at Disney California Adventure Park Jan. 7, for a Limited Time" -- Disneyland News press release; posted on December 5th, 2014

Frozen Meet and Greet

(This meet and greet will relocate from Fantasyland to Hollywood Land in California Adventure by Saturday, December 20, 2014.)

(2014)

"Return Time Tickets Help Disneyland Park Guests Meet ‘Frozen’ Favorites Anna and Elsa" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 15th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

(2013)

Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts – The DIS; posted by Shaun Thompson on November 20, 2013

Disney Parks Get Frozen This Winter – November 14, 2013

Disney Parks Will Be Getting Frozen This November - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 7th, 2013 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

It's a Small World Holiday

(2014)

"Disneyland Resort Entertainment Team Shares Their Favorite Festive Feature for ‘it’s a small world’ Holiday" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 17th, 2014 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

"The Wreaths of Disneyland's Small World Holiday" -- The DIS; posted by Tom Bell on November 15, 2014

"‘it’s a small world’ Holiday Lighting Kicks Off Holidays at the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 14th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Disney Parks After Dark: Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Steam Away -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on January 23rd, 2014 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

(2013)

The Making of ‘it’s a small world’ Holiday Clock Show at Disneyland Park -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 11th, 2013 by Shannon Swanson, Senior Publicist, Disneyland Resort

VIDEO: It's a Small World Holiday Full POV Ride-Through -- DIS Unplugged/The DIS; posted on December 1, 2013 by Tom Bell

VIDEO: It's a Small World Holiday Clock Show - DIS Unplugged/The DIS; posted on November 14, 2013

"New Surprises in Store for it's a small world Holiday at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 29th, 2013 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

(2012)

"Disney Parks After Dark: It's a small world Holiday at Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 20th, 2012 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

Military Family Flips the Switch on More Than 300,000 Holiday Lights at Disneyland Resort - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 13th, 2012 by Kevin Rafferty, Jr., Communications Specialist, Disneyland Resort

(2011)

Toy Soldier Holiday Jam at Disneyland Park - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 22nd, 2011 by Valerie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

"It's a small world Holiday Transformation at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 7th, 2011 by Shannon Swanson, Senior Publicist, Disneyland Resort

"Disneyland Holiday Design: The Wreaths of Small World Holiday" - DIS Unplugged; by Nancy Johnson, December 1, 2011

Have You Seen Toy Soldiers Drumming Up Cheer at Disneyland Park? - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 30th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Military Family Officially Kicks Off Holidays at the Disneyland Resort in Lighting Ceremony Presented by SYLVANIA - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 15, 2011 by Betsy Sanchez, Manager of Media Relations, Disneyland Resort

"Sneak Peek: Holiday Surprises Coming to The Magic, The Memories and You! at Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 7th, 2011 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

(2009)

"Disney Parks Unveils Small World Holiday Spot" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 6th, 2009 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

"“it’s a small world” at Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 23rd, 2009 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Frontierland

Jingle Jangle Jamboree (formerly Santa's Reindeer Round-Up)

(Santa Claus appears at the JJJ in his standard red suit as he greets guests from the start of the Holidays through Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. After Christmas and on through the last day of the holiday season in early January, Santa wears a less formal "greed plaid" outfit at the Jamboree.)

(2014)

"It’s a Holiday Hoedown at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree at Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 23rd, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Santa Is Making the Rounds at Disney Parks" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 4th, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

(2013)

Dining in Disneyland: Treats at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree -- Disney Food Blog; posted by Heather Sievers on Dec 18, 2013

(2012)

"Y'All Come on Down to the Jingle Jangle Jamboree at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 12th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"Santa's on His Way to the Jingle Jangle Jamboree at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 6th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

(2010)

"Reindeer in Training at Disneyland's Big Thunder Ranch" (December 25, 2010, by Nancy Johnson, DIS Unplugged Contributor/Correspondent)

"Rustic Holiday Décor Ideas from Disneyland's Big Thunder Ranch" (December 21, 2010, by Nancy Johnson, DIS Unplugged Contributor/Correspondent)

"Santa's 8 Famous Reindeer are at Disneyland Resort!" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 3rd, 2010 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

63f502eb-f017-4e45-b594-ee9e2d7cf5aa.jpg
44bff368-05c0-418e-ae97-c9c31296be48.jpg
f04bbbab-434a-4312-9922-f322dfd81302.jpg
3a4fa8e2-d234-4c94-866e-de9bd0807a71.jpg

Main Street

Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks

(2013)

VIDEO: Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular (FULL SHOW) – DIS Unplugged/The DIS – November 14, 2013

(2012)

"Are You Ready to Glow with the SNOW at Disneyland Park?" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 9th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

(2009)

"Holiday Fireworks — My New Holiday Tradition" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 17th, 2009 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

Candlelight Ceremony and Processional

(In 2015, it is assumed that the Candlelight Ceremony and Processional will place on Saturday, December 5th and Sunday, December 6th, with 2 performances each night at approximately 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. No details have been released as of yet.)

(2014)

*Beau Bridges was the narrator for both nights*

"See the Candlelight Ceremony and Processional as You've Never Seen it Before" -- D23 Days of Christmas; posted on December 7, 2014

(2013)

*Blair Underwood and Kurt Russell were the narrators over 2 nights*

Today in Disney History: First Candlelight Ceremony and Processional Held at Disneyland Park, 1958 -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 20th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

(2012)

*There were multiple narrators for this event, over a 20-night period in December*

Sherry E's review/recap of December 2012 Candlelight Ceremony

"Memories and Reflections from 2012 Disneyland Candlelight Ceremony Narrators" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 25, 2012 by Donna Fisk, Broadcast Publicist, Disneyland Resort

"2012 Candlelight Ceremony Merchandise at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 21st, 2012 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

"2012 Disneyland Candlelight Ceremony Viewing Opportunities" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 5th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"2012 Disneyland Candlelight Ceremony Narrators Announced" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 26th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"An Early Holiday Gift for Disneyland Guests: Twenty Nights of Disneyland Candlelight Ceremony Performances Scheduled for 2012" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on August 15th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"Candlelight in Motion at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 23rd, 2011 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

(2011)

*Gary Sinise was the narrator this year*

Candlelight Ceremony & Procession (from MousePlanet -- Includes historical list of Candlelight narrators from when the event began through 2010)

(2010)

What IS the Candlelight Processional? (2010 - by mrsxsparrow)

(2009)

"Earliest Official Candlelight Photo from 1959" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 7th, 2009 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

A Christmas Fantasy Parade

(2014)

"Disneyland’s A Christmas Fantasy Parade 2014" -- The DIS; posted on December 4, 2014, by Tom Bell

"Disneyland Resort Welcomes Anna and Elsa from ‘Frozen’ to ‘A Christmas Fantasy’ Parade as Holiday Season Begins Nov. 13, Featuring ‘Holiday Magic’ Fireworks and ‘World of Color – Winter Dreams’" -- Disneyland News press release; posted on November 7, 2014

(2013)

Disneyland Resort Viewing Tips: ‘A Christmas Fantasy’ Parade -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 17th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

‘Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade’ Celebrates 30 Years of Holiday Magic December 25 on ABC-TV -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 11th, 2013 by Gary Buchanan, Social Media Managing Editor

VIDEO: A Christmas Fantasy Parade at Disneyland -- DIS Unplugged/The DIS; posted on November 28, 2013 by Tom Bell

First Look: Nick Cannon, Mary J. Blige, Demi Lovato, ‘Teen Beach Movie’ Cast and More at the Disneyland Resort for the 2013 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade on ABC -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 12th, 2013 by George Savvas, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

(2012)

"First Look: Mario Lopez, Backstreet Boys and More at Disneyland Park for Shooting of the 2012 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade on ABC" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 5th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

(2011)

"A Christmas Fantasy Parade at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 30th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"A Unique Point of View: Santa at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 23rd, 2011 by Shannon Swanson, Senior Publicist, Disneyland Resort

(2010)

"What's Your Favorite Part of A Christmas Fantasy Parade?" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 1st, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

(2009)

"Christmas Parades at Disneyland Park: A Look Back" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 23rd, 2009 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

"The Annual Taping of the Disneyland Christmas Day Parade" - DIS Unplugged; posted by Nancy Johnson, Contributor/Correspondent, November 18, 2009

Holiday Time Tour

Tour Info page on Disneyland Resort website -- Link may not be active

(2014)

Sailorwife's Review of the Holiday Time Tour (November 2014; 2:55 p.m.) -- HERE.

(2013)

Very brief tour thoughts/recap (by beckykarstetter, from December 2013)

DizNee Luver's December 2013 Tour Rundown (and lots of photos) can be found in several different links provided in her Trip Report index -- Here.

Review of the Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour (by the_princess, from December 2013)

Brief November 2013 Tour Review and Photos (by DisneyJamieCA) - Here and Here

(2012)

Rainy Day November 2012 Holiday Tour recap, with photos (from danimaroo) -- Here and Here

"Disneyland Resort Guided Tours: Holiday Time at Disneyland Park Tour" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 15, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

(2011)

2011 Tour Review (by tksbaskets)

2011 Tour Review (by areweindisneyyet)

2011 Tour Review (by DizNee Luver - Tour recap/photos start in Post #479)

2011 Holiday Tour. Who Has Booked and when? (started by areweindisneyyet)

(2010)

2010 Holiday Tour booked! Added: compilation of who's going when. (started by Ariel224)

(2009)

2009 Tour Review (by tksbaskets)

Holiday Tour Info (from 2009 - started by hyena29)

Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle

(Although largely considered a part of Fantasyland, the sparkling Winter Enchantment Lighting of the Castle can best be viewed on the Main Street side.)

(2013)

Disney Parks After Dark: Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle at Disneyland Park -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 19th, 2013 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

(2010)

"Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 29th, 2010 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

"Time-Lapse Video: Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 2nd, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

VIDEO -- Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle -- Enchantment Lighting - 11/18/10 (1st Show) -- courtesy of Bret/mvf-m11c

VIDEO -- Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle -- Enchantment Lighting -- 11/18/10 (2nd Show) -- courtesy of Bret/mvf-m11c

(2009)

"Snow-Capped Mountains Behind Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 15th, 2009 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Miscellaneous Main Street Blogs

(2014)

"Every Role a Starring Role – Dapper Dans of Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 22nd, 2014 by Melanie Vogel, External Communications Specialist, Disneyland Resort

"By the Numbers: Holidays on Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 2nd, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

(2011)

Take A Look At How We Put Up Our Christmas Tree at Disneyland Park - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 2nd, 2011 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

(2010)

Happy Holidays from the Dapper Dans - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 24th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

(2009)

Main Street, U.S.A. Holiday Fun Facts - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 2nd, 2009 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Mickey's Toontown

(The decorations in Toontown are colorfully exaggerated, over the top and just a bit off-kilter. If you look closely you will see that each business or storefront in this animated city has its own customized holiday adornments. Much like Flik at the entrance to his Fun Fair in California Adventure, Roger Rabbit sports a miniature Santa suit above the entrance to the Car Toon Spin!)

New Orleans Square

Haunted Mansion Holiday

(2014)

"Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland" -- The DIS; posted on December 2, 2014 by Jack Burgin

"Holidays 2014 at the Disneyland Resort Fun Facts: Haunted Mansion Holiday" -- Disneyland News press release; posted on November 4, 2014

VIDEO: "Disney Park Bench - Haunted Mansion Queue - Haunted Mansion Holiday" -- The DIS; posted on October 27, 2014

PHOTOS: Haunted Mansion Holiday 2014 (posted by figment_jii) -- HERE, HERE and HERE.

"The Haunted Mansion Holiday Transformation Trivia Quiz" -- Disney Insider; posted on October 21, 2014

"Home Decor Experts Sabrina Soto, Michael Moloney Help ‘Haunt’ Your Disney Side For New Disney Parks Contest" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 6th, 2014 by Charles Stovall, Public Relations Manager

"New, Yet Familiar Faces Animate Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 3rd, 2014 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

"Time-Lapse Video: Haunted Mansion Holiday Gingerbread House Installed at Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 1st, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Danny Elfman Visits Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 26th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Danny Elfman Reads from ‘Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas’ at Haunted Mansion Holiday in Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 22nd, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"Disney Parks After Dark: Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 18th, 2014 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

"What’s This? Disneyland Resort Entertainment Team Shares Top Pics for Haunted Mansion Holiday" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 16th, 2014 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

"Haunted Mansion at Disneyland Park: An Idea that Couldn’t be Laid to Rest" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 12th, 2014 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

"Halloween Time 2014 at the Disneyland Resort Fun Facts: Haunted Mansion Holiday" -- Disneyland News press release; September 12, 2014

"Sneak Peek at Much-Anticipated Gingerbread Creation for Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on August 28th, 2014 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

(2013)

VIDEO: Haunted Mansion Holiday (FULL RIDE-THROUGH) – November 25, 2013; The DIS

"Today in Disney History: Walt Disney Pictures Releases Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas" Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 29th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"It's Freaky Friday - Time to Open Another Door on the Gingerbread House Inside Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 11th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Limited Time Magic Celebrates 13 Seasons of Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 4th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"The Haunted Mansion Holiday Transformation" - Disney Insider; posted on October 1, 2013

"Creating the Magic of Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 19th, 2013 by Shannon Swanson, Senior Publicist, Disneyland Resort

"Celebrating 13 Frightfully Fun Seasons of Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 13th, 2013 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

"13 Years of Delightful Frights" - Disney Rewards/Visa/Debit, (August) Fall 2013 Newsletter

(2012)

"Behind the Scenes: Haunted Mansion Holiday Gingerbread House at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 23rd, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"From Haunted Mansion to Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 18th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"Magical Makeover for the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 14th, 2012 by Shannon Swanson, Senior Publicist, Disneyland Resort

"SNEAK PEEK: Jack's Gingerbread House Arrives at the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on August 20th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

(2011)

"The Sights of Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland" (October 29th, 2011, by Nancy Johnson, DIS Unplugged Contributor/Correspondent)

"Celebrating 10 Years of Haunted Mansion Holidays at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 12th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"First Look at the Freaky Gingerbread House in Haunted Mansion Holiday" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 22nd, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"Things You Might Not Know About Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 13th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"Sneak Peek at Haunted Mansion Gingerbread House at Disneyland Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 8th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

(2010)

"Haunted Mansion Holiday Panorama" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 26th, 2010 by George Savvas, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

"Karlos Siqueiros - The Gingerbread Man" (October 12th, 2010, by Tom Bell, DIS Unplugged Contributor/Correspondent)

"Our Haunted Gingerbread House" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 24th, 2010 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

"Sneak Peek: Giant Gingerbread House in Haunted Mansion Holiday" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 9th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

(2009)

"Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 28th, 2009 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Tomorrowland

(At this time there are no holiday offerings of any kind in Tomorrowland.)

2d3684c6-54be-4282-a8bb-de8eb1a57434.jpg
8883d163-4243-4d2b-a1c7-64003f5d1ff3.jpg
e5ae913c-bd0a-4eb1-9f0c-0fcf70533f7b.jpg
f47baaea-cc21-4c8a-b122-364dd20b1844.jpg

Last edited:
Eating, Drinking and Being Merry!

(a.k.a. Holiday Food/Dining/Treats/Candy Cane Information!)

IMG_7152-1-1.jpg
IMG_2951-1.jpg
IMG_3839-1-1.jpg
IMG_6252-1.jpg
IMG_6255-1.jpg

IMG_6773-1.jpg
IMG_6755-1.jpg
IMG_3614-1-1.jpg
IMG_6530-1.jpg
7f7de76c-5f5f-44d0-ba1c-14b951e37b18.jpg

General Seasonal Food/Treats/Dining Information

*Don't forget to visit the Pacific Wharf area of California Adventure for a free sample of peppermint bark at Ghirardelli, and to check out the special seasonal loaves of sourdough bread from the Boudin Bakery, crafted into candy canes, snowmen and Christmas trees!

*Also check out the "Ghoulish Grub, Terrifying Treats and Perilous Potions" section of the Halloween Time at DLR Superthread #4, as some of the Halloween/Autumn-inspired goodies may stick around beyond Halloween and you need to know what to look for! The pumpkin beignets are more commonly associated with the Halloween Time season, for example, but they have been known to appear during the holidays too! There have also been pumpkin fudge sightings during the holiday season!

(2014)

"Dining in Disneyland Review: CHURRO ICE CREAM SANDWICH with Bonus Oreo Churro!" -- Disney Food Blog; posted on Dec 16th, 2014 by Heather.

"Dining in Disneyland: Seasonal Treats at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café" -- Disney Food Blog; posted on Dec 15th, 2014 by Heather.

"Quiz: Which Holiday Disneyland Treat are You?" -- Oh My Disney; posted on December 11, 2014

"Dining in Disneyland: Mickey Elf Premium Popcorn Bucket" -- Disney Food Blog; posted on Dec 4th, 2014 by Heather.

"Plan the Merriest Feast on Earth at Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 24th, 2014 by Rachel Brent, Food & Beverage Marketing Communications Coordinator

"Decking the Halls with Holiday Novelty Items at Disney Parks" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 18th, 2014 by Rachel Brent, Food & Beverage Marketing Communications Coordinator

"Traditional Candy Kitchen Favorites Return to the Disneyland Resort for the Holidays" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 12th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Hearty Pozole Soup, the Perfect Fall Supper from Paradise Garden Grill at Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 4th, 2014 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"Disneyland Duel: Battle of the Beignets!" -- Disney Food Blog; posted on August 28th, 2014 by AJ.

"Do You Want to Eat a Snowman … Apple at Disney Parks?" – Disney Parks Blog; posted on March 18th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

(2013)

"Disney Food Blog – Guest Review: Holiday Gingerbread Beignets at Disneyland’s Mint Julep Bar" -- Disney Food Blog; posted on December 25th, 2013 by Kim/Kelli Shiroma

"Eat-Shop-Play Guide to Holidays at the Disneyland Resort: Tips from a Disney Parks Moms Panelist" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 18th, 2013 by Michele Himmelberg, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

"Sweets, Libations for the Holidays at Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 13th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"January Brings a New Gourmet Apple Treat Your Way at Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 12th, 2013 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"This Week in Disney Parks Photos: Spotting Sweet Seasonal Treats at Disney Parks" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 30th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

"Holiday Treats Delight at the Disneyland Resort" – Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 26th, 2013 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Holiday Treats at the Disneyland Resort: 15 Sweet Eats" -- babble (courtesy of Disney); posted in Nov/Dec 2013, by Heather Sievers

"Dining in Disneyland Review: The Market House Reopens as Starbucks!" -- Disney Food Blog; posted on Nov 7th, 2013 by Heather Sievers

"Hit the Road for our Rocky Road Gourmet Apple this November at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 22nd, 2013 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Pumpkin Beignets Are Back in New Orleans Square at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 21st, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"Dining in Disneyland: Pumpkin Beignets vs. Pumpkin Fritters" - Disney Food Blog; posted on Oct 17th, 2013 by Heather Sievers

"Dining in Disneyland: Gourmet Marshmallows at Trolley Treats" -- The Disney Food Blog; posted on February 11th, 2013 by Heather Sievers

"Dining in Disneyland: Seasonal Pumpkin Spice Brittle" -- The Disney Food Blog; posted on January 4th, 2013, by Heather Sievers

(2012)

"Dining in Disneyland: The Holiday Specialty Caramel Apple (A.K.A. the Peppermint Beast)" - Disney Food Blog; posted on December 14th, 2012, by Heather Sievers

"Dining in Disneyland: Harbour Galley’s Pumpkin Squash Chowder, Stuffed Baked Potatoes, and More" -- The Disney Food Blog; posted on December 11th, 2012 by Heather Sievers

"A Little Something to Sweeten Your Holidays at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 11th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"Make Your Own S'mores Bake at Home with this Disneyland Park Recipe" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 10th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"Dining in Disneyland: Holiday Treats in Disneyland and DCA" - Disney Food Blog; December 8th, 2012, by Heather Sievers

"Tamales: A Holiday Tradition at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 3rd, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

2012 Disneyland Holiday Season Dining and Events - Disney Food Blog 2012

(2011)

"Dining in Disneyland Review: The Yule Log" -- Disney Food Blog; posted on Dec 6th, 2011 by Heather Sievers

"If You Love the Pumpkin Beignets at Disneyland Park, How About Gingerbread?" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 5th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"Cute and Delicious Sourdough – An Edible Gift from Disney California Adventure Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 28th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"Dining in Disneyland: New Holiday Desserts at Disney California Adventure!" - Disney Food Blog; November 22nd, 2011, by Heather Sievers

"A Bounty of Holiday-Themed Sweets at Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 22nd, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"Holiday Treats at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 9th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"Holiday Tamales From the Disneyland Resort" - Disneyland News; posted on November 1st, 2011

"Fancy Pumpkin Beignets From Club 33 at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 15, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

(2010)

"Fabulous Treats for Your Disneyland Holiday" (December 16th, 2010, by Nancy Johnson, DIS Unplugged Contributor/Correspondent)

"Nothing Says Holiday Like a Disneyland Tamale!" (December 14th, 2010, by Nancy Johnson, DIS Unplugged Contributor/Correspondent)

"Dining in Disneyland: Holiday Treats" - Disney Food Blog; November 17th, 2010, by AJ. Wolfe

(2009)​

"Holiday Treats at Disney Parks" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 22nd, 2009 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

"How to Make a Yule Log" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 17th, 2009 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Candy Cane Info

Disneyland Resort Candy Kitchen (for specific information on seasonal treats, updated every few months) phone number: 1-714-781-0112

The Disney Parks Authentic/Candy Treats section will post the dates each year -- HERE.

(2014)

Candy Cane-making locations and dates:

Disneyland park – Candy Palace

November 28 and December 2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 21, 23 and 24

Disney California Adventure park – Trolley Treats

November 29 and Dec. 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22 and 25

Schedule for Handmade Candy Canes at Disneyland -- The DIS; posted on November 13, 2014 by Leah Zanolla.

"2014 Disneyland Candy Cane Dates Announced!" -- Disney Food Blog; posted on November 13th, 2014 by Kim.

(2013)

"Dining in Disneyland: 2013 Disneyland Candy Cane Dates!!" - Disney Food Blog; November 8th, 2013, by Heather Sievers

(2012)

"2012 Disneyland Candy Cane Dates" - Disney Food Blog; November 23rd, 2012, by Heather Sievers

Candy Canes 2012 (thread started by Carolwoodpr)

(2011)

amamax2's Excellent Tips for Scoring a Candy Cane!

(2010)

"Dining in Disneyland: The Race for Hand Made Candy Canes" - Disney Food Blog; December 16th, 2010, by AJ Wolfe

"Dates for 2010 Disneyland Candy Canes" - Disney Food Blog; November 23rd, 2010, by AJ Wolfe

(2009)

"A Lost Art: Making Candy Canes at Disneyland" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 9th, 2009 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

"Candy Canes Help Guy Fieri Celebrate Disneyland Holidays" - The DIS; posted on December 2nd, 2009, by Nancy Johnson, DIS Unplugged Contributor/Correspondent

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Dining Information

(Catal and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney each offer special meals and menus for Christmas, but those menus will not appear on their websites until closer to the holiday.)

(2014)

Catal in Downtown Disney offers this Christmas menu: http://www.patinagroup.com/Christmas/catal/

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen offers this Christmas menu (available from 12/24 - 12/28): http://www.rbjazzkitchen.com/menus_display.php?id=314

(2013)

2013 Christmas Offerings at Disneyland Resort -- The Mouse for Less

”Last-minute Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dining advice” (includes list of Christmas Eve and Day Dining Options) – MousePad/MousePlanet; posted on December 22, 2013 by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

(2012)

Christmas Call-In Show (December 6, 2012) - The DIS Unplugged/Podcast team and I tackle all the commonly asked questions about the holiday season, including special menu items available on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and much, much more!

Partial list of 2012 Christmas Meals/Menus from Disneyland Dining - posted on October 25, 2012, by JediMasterNerd

Downtown Disney

(Stop in at Marceline's Confectionery for a sweet treat -- sometimes Marceline's carries certain items that have sold out of the shops inside the parks!)

"Holiday Goodies and Menu Changes in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 16th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"News and Review! Holiday Menu Items at Earl of Sandwich" - Disney Food Blog; posted on November 12th, 2013 by Heather Sievers

Hotels (of the Disneyland Resort and beyond...)

(2013)

"Disney Food Blog – Seasonal Beverages at Disneyland Hotel’s Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar" -- Disney Food Blog; posted on December 10th, 2013 by Kim

"Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar Gets in the Spirit of Holiday Season at the Disneyland Hotel" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 26th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"Trader Sam’s Mixes Up Holiday Drinks" - wdwinfo; posted by Craig Williams on November 24, 2013

(2011)

"Make Your Own Wild Holiday Cocktails with Recipes from Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 13th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"Bake Me A Cake - Tangaroa Terrace Sweet Potato Cake at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 17th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Jingle Jangle Jamboree

(2013)

"Dining in Disneyland: Treats at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree" -- The Disney Food Blog; posted on December 18th, 2013 by Heather Sievers

"Dining in Disneyland: The Fried Apple Burrito" -- The Disney Food Blog; posted on Oct 28th, 2013 by Heather Sievers (The fried apple burrito first appeared during Halloween Time, and then stuck around during the holiday season and for the following Springtime/Easter season of 2014!)

(2012)

"Dining in Disneyland: Cookie Decorating at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree" -- The Disney Food Blog; posted on December 21st, 2012 by Heather Sievers

"Dining in Disneyland: The Jingle Jangle Jamboree, Featuring MONTE CRISTO BITES" -- The Disney Food Blog; posted on November 19th, 2012 by Heather Sievers

New Year's Eve and New Year's Day Dining Information

(Catal and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney each offer special meals and menus for New Year's Eve and Day [including the "N’awlins Masquerade New Year's Eve Bash"], but those menus will not appear on their websites until closer to the holiday. You can also find special events and meals at Universal CityWalk, next to Universal Studios.)

(2014)

"Special Dishes, Where to Find Bubbly for New Year’s Eve at Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 16th, 2014 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

(2013)

2013 New Year's Eve Offerings at Disneyland Resort -- from The Mouse for Less.

"New Year's Eve 2013 / New Year's Day 2014 at the Disneyland Resort" - MousePlanet/MousePad; posted on December 30, 2013 by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

"Special New Year’s Eve Celebrations at Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 9th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Thanksgiving Day Dining Information

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, Catal, Uva Bar and Naples in Downtown Disney should all have special Thanksgiving and/or Fall menus. Naples will likely serve a special Cranberry Orange Cheesecake and Torta al Cioccolato.

Tortilla Jo's will serve a Tres Leches cake, candied pumpkin flan and Churro y Arroz con Leche as part of its Thanksgiving/Fall menu.

Nearby, Knott's Berry Farm offers a popular Thanksgiving feast as well.

(2015)

"Reservations Open Today for Thanksgiving Day Dining at Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 29th, 2015 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

(2014)

"Seasonal Delights for Thanksgiving at Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 26th, 2014 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

(2013)

"How To Eat a Thanksgiving Meal at Disneyland" -- Oh My Disney; posted on November 25, 2013

"‘Limited Time Magic’ Thanksgiving Goodies Abound in Disney Theme Parks Coast to Coast" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 22nd, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"Have a Tasty Thanksgiving, Disneyland Style" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 14th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Thanksgiving at DLR - reservations open (thread started by edna mode on DISboards' Disneyland forum)

(2012)

"Thanksgiving Galore at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 26th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

(2011)

"Turkey Day Reservations Open at Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 5th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

(2010)

"Dining in Disneyland: Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving Feast" - Disney Food Blog; posted on Nov 29th, 2010 by AJ. Wolfe

(2009)

"A Disney Family Thanksgiving Feast" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 26th, 2009 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Three Kings Day

(2014)

VIDEO: "Making Pozole for Three Kings Day 2014 at Disney California Adventure" - DIS Unplugged; posted on January 3, 2014 by Tom Bell

(2012)

"Dining in Disneyland: Dia de Reyes Celebration" -- Disney Food Blog; posted on Jan 9th, 2012 by Heather Sievers

"Celebrate Three Kings Day at Disneyland Park with Special Menu Items" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on January 3rd, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Viva Navidad

(2014)

"Authentic Tastes for Disney ¡Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 10th, 2014 by Rachel Brent, Food & Beverage Marketing Communications Coordinator

(2013)

"Latin-Inspired Tastes for Disney ¡Viva Navidad! At Disney California Adventure Park" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 5th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

VIDEO: "Making Tamales at Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure 2013" -- The DIS; The DIS; posted on November 27, 2013 by Tom Bell

"Dining in Disneyland: NEW! Viva Navidad Snack Cart at Disney California Adventure" -- Disney Food Blog; posted November 21st, 2013 by Heather Sievers

Last edited:

Holiday Shopping/Merchandise

02520dc4-9705-4678-b090-abfd0d45673d.jpg
2261142c-ff1a-4f26-9259-ba89496e40df.jpg
6e1661d1-9691-4816-b654-22604810fd18.jpg
430f50c8-7551-498e-94b7-f1e687884b34.jpg
120cf314-13e8-4f34-a3ab-c84c94454ede.jpg

93f601bb-f970-49a3-bac9-05c5966b8c9e.jpg
b14a87e7-62c4-4aeb-84cc-1618ac78c5ba.jpg
99e8011c-570e-411d-9d79-f4d5b944ae03.jpg
8c3dab99-65a9-4a62-8ef9-e3e5b024c2b9.jpg
36db2f10-2a2d-419a-a8dd-47808e6c42c9.jpg

(2014)

"A Shopper’s Guide to Holiday Gifts at the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 10th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Disney Parks Merchandise Offers Hanukkah-Inspired Gifts This Holiday Season" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 8th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"Dining in Disneyland: Mickey Elf Premium Popcorn Bucket" -- Disney Food Blog; posted on Dec 4th, 2014 by Heather.

"New Holiday Disney Gift Card Designs Available at Walt Disney World Resort and the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 2nd, 2014 by Virginia Scanlon, Manager Alliance Management, Disney Gift Card Services

"Holiday Deals Coming This Week to the Disney Parks Online Store" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 24th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"The Beautifully Disney ‘Frozen’ Collection Debuts at Disney Parks" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 21st, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"New ‘Frozen’ Disney Trading Pins Come with the Purchase of a Holiday Pin Series Disney Gift Card" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 20th, 2014 by Virginia Scanlon, Manager Alliance Management, Disney Gift Card Services

"December 2014 Merchandise Events at the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 19th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Decking the Halls with Holiday Novelty Items at Disney Parks" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 18th, 2014 by Rachel Brent, Food & Beverage Marketing Communications Coordinator

"A Swell Holiday Collection For Your Home Now Available at Disney Parks" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 11th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"Twelve Favorite Holiday-Themed Gifts From Disney Parks" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 10th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"Jingle Cruise and Disney’s The Little Mermaid Are Featured Online Only Shirts For November 2014" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 9th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"The New Anna & Elsa’s Boutique in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort Will Give You ‘Chills’" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 20th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Anna & Elsa’s Boutique Opens in Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 6th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Update: Anna & Elsa’s Boutique in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 16th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Anna & Elsa’s Boutique and More Thrilling Transformations Coming to the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on August 19th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Exciting New Merchandise on the Horizon for Disney Parks in 2014" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on January 3rd, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

(2013)

"Eat-Shop-Play Guide to Holidays at the Disneyland Resort: Tips from a Disney Parks Moms Panelist" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 18th, 2013 by Michele Himmelberg, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

"You’ve Got Mail … and Gifts from Disney Floral & Gifts" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 17th, 2013 by Jean Volante, Manager of Dream Making, Disney Floral & Gifts/DEG

"Stay Cool This Winter With New Sweater T-Shirts at Disney Parks" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 17th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"Favorite Stocking Stuffers from Disney Parks for 2013" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 16th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"Speed Into Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park For Your Holiday Merchandise" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 29th, 2013 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"‘Limited Time Magic’" Spotlight on Toys for Tots Promotion at Walt Disney World Resort and Holiday Headwear at Disney Parks" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 29th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"December Merchandise Events at the Disneyland Resort" – Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 27th, 2013 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"New Disney Trading Pins Come with the Purchase of a Holiday Pin Series Disney Gift Card" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 27th, 2013 by Virginia Scanlon, Alliance Manager, Disney Gift Card Services

"Support Toys for Tots by Donating a Toy at Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 26th, 2013 by Kevin Rafferty, Jr., Communications Specialist, Disneyland Resort

"Experience a Disney Christmas at Home this Holiday" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 25th, 2013 by Jean Volante, Manager of Dream Making, Disney Floral & Gifts/DEG

"Special Holiday Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Offers" – Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 25th, 2013 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"‘Limited Time Magic’: Grab a ‘Jingle Cruise’ Poster at Disneyland Park, Walt Disney World" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 22nd, 2013 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

"Adding a Personal Touch to the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 22nd, 2013 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Warm Up To New Merchandise for Disney’s ‘Frozen’ at Disney Parks" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 21st, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Merchandise Debuts at Disney California Adventure Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 19th, 2013 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"New Looks at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiques Celebrate Disney’s ‘Frozen’ and the Holidays at Disney Parks" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 13th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"Comfy, Cozy and Fashionable Winter Sweaters at Disney Parks" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 23rd, 2013 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

(2012)

"Make Festive Mickey Mouse Nutcrackers Part of Your Holiday Traditions at Disney Parks" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 19th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"Last-Minute Holiday Shopping Tips at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 17th, 2012 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

"Merchandise at Disney California Adventure Park is Definitely One For the Road" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 20th, 2012 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

"Discover the Perfect Holiday Treasures at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 7th, 2012 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

"Special Offers on D-Tech and Ear Hat Ornaments For The Holidays at Disney Parks" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 22nd, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

(2011)

"Hanukkah-Inspired Gifts from Disney Parks" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 15th, 2011 by Erin Catalano, Merchandise Communication Specialist, Walt Disney World Resort

"Holiday Shopping at the Disneyland Resort" - DIS Unplugged; posted on December 14, 2011 by Mary Jo, Contributor/Correspondent

"Decorating Disney Style for the Holidays" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 30th, 2011 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"Holiday Shopping at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 29th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"Holiday Shopping Scoop at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 25th, 2011 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

"Download the Disney Theme Park Merchandise Holiday Guide" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 25th, 2011 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"Dazzling Holiday Dolls at Disneyland Park" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 10th, 2011 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

(2009)

"Top 10 Disney Stocking Stuffers" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 1st, 2009 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Top 5 Disney Gift Ideas for the Holidays" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 6th, 2009 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Holiday Inspired Vinylmation Series in Disney Parks" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 8th, 2009 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort

1f7828bd-abaf-4652-a322-5badbc0c2d3d.jpg
2df0818b-8139-4baa-83fa-0abac1ef0d95.jpg
78e641b2-843f-4448-951e-1a6a28bb555f.jpg
39d5a2b7-cf58-4ca2-bb29-b9c969ad3f26.jpg
8ebca317-96ca-4fe8-9e81-b1b3cbd304b0.jpg

The three hotels of the Disneyland Resort - The Disneyland Hotel, the Grand Californian Hotel and the Paradise Pier Hotel - get into the spirit of the holiday season too, complete with themed decorations, photo opportunities with Santa Claus and strolling carolers who entertain and delight guests. All of the hotels are within a short walking distance from the parks and Downtown Disney, so it is very easy to take a break from the hustle and bustle of Disneyland or California Adventure and enjoy the hotels' Yuletide atmosphere.

However, if you do plan to enjoy any of the Disneyland Resort hotels' holiday offerings, be aware that the hotels are usually not decorated by the official season start date. Typically, the hotels will receive their Christmas overlays by Thanksgiving weekend -- though, in a year when Thanksgiving falls late in the month, the decorations could appear earlier than usual -- with the Grand Californian being the first hotel to get its tree; the Disneyland Hotel being the second; and Paradise Pier being the last. If you want the full holiday experience - with the parks, hotels and Downtown Disney immersed in merriment - make sure to time your visit to arrive as close to Thanksgiving as possible, or after it ends.

Santa Claus will not begin greeting guests for the season until Thanksgiving, and he is gone from the 3 hotels after Christmas Eve.

The strolling Christmas carolers are usually gone within a couple of days after Christmas.

If you are a guest at one of the hotels, you can order special in-room celebration packages from Disney Floral & Gifts, including small Christmas trees and stockings, among other things.

11c00195-be89-4575-b651-7bbfeda4c5d5.jpg
3e93e891-2450-4e02-b142-2e01d3402633.jpg
8b6bb52b-c368-409a-99ec-571637308314.jpg
2d8ca2ff-b6d5-4c62-85b1-b3526ba0d5de.jpg
b7a7d164-535b-4a87-8da7-b0621e1ca12e.jpg

General Holiday Season Blogs and Information

See the Disney Floral & Gifts page for further information about ordering miniature Christmas trees and other in-room celebration packages!

(2014)

(2013)

"You’ve Got Mail … and Gifts from Disney Floral & Gifts" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 17th, 2013 by Jean Volante, Manager of Dream Making, Disney Floral & Gifts/DEG

(2012)

"Creating Holiday Memories at Disney Parks and at Home" (info about ordering gifts for hotel rooms) - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 21st, 2012 by Jean Volante, Manager of Dream Making, Disney Floral & Gifts/DEG

"Disneyland Hotel Christmas Amenities" - with pictures and details (November 2012 DISboards thread started by mo3bys, with photos of in-room celebration items)

(2011)

"VIDEO: Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Hotels" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 29th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Hotels" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 9th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

b17b87ba-cb07-4966-ad22-0c6e8cf386c0.jpg
07eab9c1-414c-441a-b44a-7ec410b807f1.jpg
36868d1a-0e5e-4d11-ab46-9495a55001ab.jpg

Disneyland Hotel

(When you check in as a guest at any of the Disneyland Resort hotels, ask for details about the Weekly "Magical Hotel Adventures", some of which may be specific to the holiday season, such as the "Merriest Holiday Hunt" and the "Winter Ornament Workshop," etc. "The Happiest Hotel on Earth Tour" of the Disneyland Hotel is a good way to not only learn about the history of the DLH, but to also see its many seasonal decorations. DIS'er rentayenta posted a photo of one of the December 2013 schedules for the Magical Hotel Adventures [in her Trip Report] - Here.)

(2013)

"Seasonal Beverages at Disneyland Hotel’s Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar" - Disney Food Blog; posted on December 10th, 2013 by Kim

"Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar Gets in the Spirit of Holiday Season at the Disneyland Hotel" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 26th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"Trader Sam’s Mixes Up Holiday Drinks" - The DIS; posted on November 24, 2013 by Craig Williams

(2011)

"Make Your Own Wild Holiday Cocktails with Recipes from Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 13th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

"Mele Kaliki Tiki at Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar at Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 1st, 2011 by Tom Fitzgerald, Executive VP & Senior Creative Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering

"Bake Me A Cake - Tangaroa Terrace Sweet Potato Cake at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 17th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Santa Claus -- Where and When to Meet Him!

(2013 information -- Schedules will likely be similar or identical in 2014, starting on Thanksgiving and ending on Christmas Eve)

Where: Fantasy Tower (Across from the Grand Ballroom entrance)

When: Thursday, November 28, 2013 – Tuesday, December 24, 2013

4:30 p.m. – 4:55 p.m.
5:15 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
6:45 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
7:45 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.

Santa Claus' 2012 Meet and Greet Schedule at the 3 Hotels of the Disneyland Resort -- Information provided by Cheshirecatty

2f627831-552b-4471-a427-a33f82fd7ed6.jpg
8a02b42b-b8c7-458e-b3d6-7313e24a599f.jpg
63b46831-a0b1-47c2-822d-c9d2777f8960.jpg

Grand Californian Hotel

(When you check in as a guest at any of the Disneyland Resort hotels, ask for details about the Weekly "Magical Hotel Adventures", some of which may be specific to the holiday season, such as the "Merriest Holiday Hunt" and the "Winter Ornament Workshop," etc. "The Art of the Craft Tour" of the Grand Californian Hotel may be a good way to not only learn about the history of the GCH, but to also see its seasonal decorations. DIS'er rentayenta posted a photo of one of the December 2013 schedules for the Magical Hotel Adventures [in her Trip Report] - Here.)

(2014)

"Gingerbread House Wows at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 12th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

"'Grand New' Gingerbread House at Disneyland’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa" -- The DIS; posted by Nancy Johnson on November 28, 2014

"News: Gingerbread House at Disneyland’s Grand Californian Debuting November 27th" -- Disney Food Blog; posted on Nov 24th, 2014 by Kim.

"First Look at the New Gingerbread House at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on November 21st, 2014 by Rachel Brent, Food & Beverage Marketing Communications Coordinator

(2013 information -- Schedules will likely be similar or identical in 2014, starting on Thanksgiving and ending on Christmas Eve)

Where: Great Hall Christmas tree (the lobby, near the hearth)

4:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
6:00 p.m. – 6:45 p.m.
7:00 p.m. – 7:40 p.m.
8:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.

Santa Claus' 2012 Meet and Greet Schedule at the 3 Hotels of the Disneyland Resort -- Information provided by Cheshirecatty

0e1810e7-6bbc-4dbc-bb08-0197d9dc8bb2.jpg
781a9332-7e89-42bd-9cee-3328d8e8500a.jpg
793d6d71-72da-4032-a2bb-91601e848a1f.jpg

Paradise Pier Hotel

(When you check in as a guest at any of the Disneyland Resort hotels, ask for details about the Weekly "Magical Hotel Adventures", some of which may be specific to the holiday season, such as the "Merriest Holiday Hunt" and the "Winter Ornament Workshop," etc. DIS'er rentayenta posted a photo of one of the December 2013 schedules for the Magical Hotel Adventures [in her Trip Report] - Here.)

Where: Crystal Cove Foyer (lobby)

8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
9:20 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
10:15 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.

38d8f572-610e-4692-ac6d-674d87ed016d.jpg
61d0e1f2-30d0-4144-b74c-ee54c83d1cf8.jpg
c2ce56f8-be86-4d4d-ac08-f6cc519527b8.jpg
3f2f775f-26d1-4260-a31f-c8ae831513ae.jpg
c91feed5-6f93-42b5-8735-654444fa221b.jpg

Downtown Disney

1c3508f8-8207-4d69-834d-ad00ce4f793f.jpg
d6a49157-ef11-4b61-94fe-039c09a47bdb.jpg
971b1f4a-e0e5-463c-9008-eca36229217e.jpg
c9e6d867-0fe9-4549-9ef2-efcaefcbf614.jpg
863eebd6-1686-448a-af6b-7d6afb51600c.jpg

61e065af-5752-457d-8508-9bc9acbf912e.jpg
b44516ab-b787-44c1-800e-1d349993813b.jpg
85582928-6da0-489d-a136-6f23e5bbcbc1.jpg
09cf3106-6a86-4915-a105-81051c7f03e8.jpg
a7b6b3e8-ee0c-4fe3-ac47-484426696c99.jpg

pixiedust:

(Catal and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney each offer special meals, menus and/or events for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Day and New Year's Eve and Day [including the "N’awlins Masquerade New Year's Eve Bash"], but those menus and details will not appear on their websites until closer to the holidays.)

pixiedust:

Anna & Elsa's Boutique

(This is not a holiday-specific location, although it will most likely feature seasonal merchandise and makeovers, and will be promoted heavily along with the "Frozen Fun" that is taking place in DCA and DL, as well as with Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink in Downtown Disney)

"The New Anna & Elsa’s Boutique in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort Will Give You ‘Chills’" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 20th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Anna & Elsa’s Boutique Opens in Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 6th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Update: Anna & Elsa’s Boutique in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on September 16th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

"Anna & Elsa’s Boutique and More Thrilling Transformations Coming to the Disneyland Resort" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on August 19th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

pixiedust:

Breakfast with Santa at Downtown Disney (at Catal Restaurant)

As of the Holidays of 2014, a new, limited "Breakfast with Santa at Downtown Disney" event (December 14, 20, 21, 22 and 23) is being introduced at Catal restaurant (making it Santa's 6th photo spot at Disneyland Resort), and the meal price includes vouchers for ice skating at Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink. Info can be found -- HERE

pixiedust:

Holiday Gingerbread House Building Workshop at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen

(2014)

Dates:

Saturday, December 13 - 12 pm - 2 pm
Sunday, December 14 - 12 pm - 2 pm
Saturday, December 20 - 12 pm - 2 pm
Sunday, December 21 - 12 pm - 2 pm

Tickets will be available on November 10th, 2014.

$48 per Gingerbread Kit (plus tax & online service fees)
Price of Kit Includes 2 seats
Additional Seats May be Purchased for $12 per seat
Advance Payment by Credit Card Required
Refunds: only with a 72 hour notice of the date selected

More info on the Jazz Kitchen website -- HERE.

(2013 details)

figment_jii's recap/review of the 2013 Gingerbread Workshop, with photos -- HERE.

2013 Info on the Jazz Kitchen Holiday Gingerbread Workshop.

Holiday Gingerbread Houses at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen (November 1, 2013, article for D23 members regarding event on December 22, 2013)

The dates for the 2013 Workshop were: Saturday, December 14; Sunday, December 15; Saturday, December 21; and Sunday, December 22 (12/22 is for D23 members only).

pixiedust:

Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink and Winter Village

(2014)

*From November 13, 2014, through February 22, 2015, Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink and the Downtown Disney Winter Village will be open. The rink's skating sessions can be scheduled between 3:00 PM and 10:00 PM on Sundays through Thursdays, and between 3:00 PM and 11:00 PM on Fridays and Saturdays.

"‘Frozen’ Winter and Holiday Celebration Underway at Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort with Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink and Downtown Disney Winter Village Through February 22" -- Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 2nd, 2014 by John McClintock, Disney Public Relations

(2013)

"VIDEO: Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 10th, 2013 by Shannon Swanson, Senior Publicist, Disneyland Resort

VIDEO: Olaf's Ice Rink (Downtown Disney) - DIS Unplugged; posted by Tom Bell November 20, 2013

"Hit the Ice This Holiday Season at the Downtown Disney Winter Village at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 25th, 2013 by John McClintock, Disney Public Relations

(2012)

"The Secret of the Wings Ice Skating Rink Now Open at the Disneyland Resort" - DIS Unplugged; by Mary Jo, Contributor/Correspondent, November 9, 2012

"Ice Skating Rink Officially Opens in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 24th, 2012 by Janet Knox, General Manager, Downtown Disney District, Disneyland Resort

"Disneyland Resort Guests Will Soon be Ice Skating at the Downtown Disney District" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on October 12th, 2012 by Janet Knox, General Manager, Downtown Disney District, Disneyland Resort

pixiedust:

Other Things to Do/See in Downtown Disney

(2014)

The Disneyland Carolers will perform in Downtown Disney from November 12, 2014 through January 10, 2015 (according to DLR website)

(2011)

"TUBACHRISTMAS Coming to Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 16th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"Celebrate the Holidays at the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 16th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"Downtown Disney Holiday Trees to be Donated to Local Military Families" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 6th, 2011 by Betsy Sanchez, Manager of Media Relations, Disneyland Resort

Other Holiday Activities to Do/Things to See Around Southern California
(because it doesn't hurt to leave Disneyland Resort once in a while!)

d40806ab-b1c0-4a85-a20b-845dcafb2acc.jpg
d587ac2b-e9fb-423d-971e-69bb78398bd4.jpg
a1e001df-08af-482d-994b-f9d54702a227.jpg
9d45c4dc-f1d1-4f7d-a396-867854e90ed5.jpg

97e5da47-ed3c-4360-8723-7a7d963617b6.jpg
d9f4aefc-7a5f-4dad-9ea1-b6d833c3d976.jpg
34fddad3-20c2-44ba-8a16-3da8302d15ec.jpg
0b498e41-8d8d-48e1-ac4e-acd322198810.jpg
cd5a96b6-d10a-460e-941c-f08cc5a9e534.jpg
2c1ea9f1-436f-480b-910c-c10c2c41235f.jpg

****LINKS FOR SEASON-SPECIFIC EVENTS GIVEN BELOW MAY BECOME INACTIVE AFTER THE HOLIDAY SEASON ENDS, AND THEN ACTIVE AGAIN CLOSER TO THE NEXT HOLIDAY SEASON****

Knott's Merry Farm (in Buena Park, CA -- Orange County)

General Information about Knott's Merry Farm on About.com

Knott's Merry Farm's home page

Information about Knott's Berry/Merry Farm's Thanksgiving Dining

"Christmas at Knott's Merry Farm" - blog by Wayne Toigo (DIS Unplugged), December 8, 2012

DIS Unplugged Podcast segment about Knott's Merry Farm (December 2, 2012)

"Knott's Merry Farm Creates Holiday Memories for the Entire Family" - press release; posted November 6, 2012

"Knott's Merry Farm's Christmas Crafts Fair" - blog by Mary Jo (DIS Unplugged), December 6, 2011

Tournament of Roses Parade (in Pasadena) on New Year's Day

Rose Parade – Post-Parade Showcase of Floats – Thursday, January 1, 2015

Tournament of Roses Parade -- Thursday, January 1, 2015

Float Decorating/Viewing (Pre-Parade) -- December 27 - December 31, 2014

DIS Unplugged Podcast segment with Mary Jo discussing the Rose Parade -- November 7, 2013

"Destination: Cars Land Makes its Rose Parade Debut" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on January 2nd, 2013 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

"Rose Parade Fans Floored by Destination: Cars Land Float" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on January 1st, 2013 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

"Destination: 124th Rose Parade" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 31st, 2012 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

"The Cars Land Rose Parade Float is Lookin' Good!" - Disney Parks Blog; posted on December 28th, 2012 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

"What Does it Take to Bring Cars Land to Life as a Rose Parade Float?" - DIS Unplugged; by Nancy Johnson, Contributor/Correspondent, December 30, 2012

Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal CityWalk

(Grinchmas is a very popular yearly holiday event at USH, and it usually begins after Thanksgiving and lasts until the end of December; CityWalk is the Universal equivalent of Downtown Disney, and features events for the holiday season, including New Year's Eve.)

Detailed info about Grinchmas from About.com

Universal Studios Hollywood's Grinchmas

Holidays at Universal CityWalk -- including nightly snowfall and Santa's Snow Zone

More Holiday Activities Around Southern California

"Local Holiday Events to Complement Your Disneyland Vacation - Part 1" - blog by Nancy Johnson (DIS Unplugged), December 7, 2011

"Local Holiday Events to Complement Your Disneyland Vacation - Part 2" - blog by Nancy Johnson (DIS Unplugged), December 8, 2011

Beverly Center (shopping center near Beverly Hills)

Beverly Center 2014 Holidays (including Ice Palace, Santa, etc.)

Beverly Hills

Holidays in Beverly Hills

Joy to the Hills 2014 (including snowfall, Santa, carolers, ice skating, Menorah lighting, holiday dining, shopping, etc.) Dates will vary for different events

Chill (at the Queen Mary)

Queen Mary - Chill -- "SoCal's only frozen holiday adventure"

Christmas Lights in Los Angeles

An interesting blog about where to find Christmas light displays around L.A. can be found -- Here.

Christmas Train at Irvine Park Railroad (located in Irvine, California -- in Orange County)

The Christmas Train takes place on multiple days/nights. Information on this event can be found here.

(The Original) Farmers Market at Third and Fairfax (historical shopping/dining area next door to The Grove)*

*Disney connection: According to the Farmers Market Facebook page, "when Walt Disney worked on early designs for Disneyland, he did some of his work while dining on Farmers Market patios."

Farmers Market Hanukkah Celebration (Celebrate Hanukkah with the building of giant Lego menorah, live music, crafts and a special menorah lighting ceremony)

Farmers Market Holiday Festivities (music, arts & crafts, variety shows, strolling carolers, etc. - decorations go up in late November)

The Grove (shopping center next to the Original Farmers Market in Los Angeles)

American Girl Place at The Grove in Los Angeles (there are many holiday activities and events held at this location in both November and December -- see website for details)

Celebrate the Season at The Grove -- Monday, November 17, 2014 - Wednesday, December 24, 2014 (certain events end after 12/24; decorations usually stay up until early January)

Photos of The Grove and the Original Farmers Market during the holiday season can be found -- HERE.

Hollywood Christmas Parade -- Sunday, November 30, 2014

http://thehollywoodchristmasparade.org/

Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade (Orange County)

Information can be found -- Here.

Nutcracker Christmas Tree Lighting and Holiday Village (in Downtown Anaheim -- Orange County, CA)

Information is Here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain's Holiday in the Park

This event was brand new as of the holiday season of 2014, but I suspect it will be around for future holiday seasons! If you like your holiday cheer mixed in with a few thrills, this might be a good place to visit on a non-DLR day!

Information can be found on the Six Flags website -- Here.

Winter Holiday Festival (Downtown Los Angeles)

Info can be found -- Here.

Winterlit (including ICE) (in Los Angeles/Santa Monica)

Info can be found -- Here.

Trip Reviews, Recaps and Reports!!!

(These holiday travelers decked the halls, jingled the bells and walked in a winter wonderland...and now they are sharing their experiences with you!)

2014 Reviews/Recaps/Reports

December 2014

ARIELvsURSULA experienced the holidays at DLR for the first time and checked in live -- HERE. She later gave a more detailed review/report, with wonderful photos -- HERE.

belle'ssister checked in live from DLR -- HERE.

dalstitch45 visited in late Nov/early December and shared a few thoughts -- HERE.

dedesmith32's "It's a Jolly Holiday Surprise! December 2014 - Trip Report" (Trip Report)

disneygrandma experienced Disneyland Resort during the holidays for the first time ever, and reported back on her trip -- HERE.

DisneylandPlanner checked in live from DLR, and shared these photos -- HERE and HERE, and also updated on crowds -- HERE. Upon return from DLR, DisneylandPlanner gave a rundown of the trip and shared some great photos -- HERE and HERE.

figment_jii (who also visited DLR in November), made a quick return trip to DLR in December and shared some thoughts -- HERE -- as well as great photos of all of the gingerbread gems at the Grand Californian Hotel -- HERE.

flyingdumbo127 attended her first Candlelight Ceremony on 12/6/14 and reported back to us -- HERE.

Jenasweetemotion started her holiday trip at the end of November, but most of it took place in early December. She shared photos -- HERE and HERE. She also gave us a detailed recap of her trip, including some high points and low points -- HERE.

joyfulDisneytears offered a brief recap of a solo holiday trip -- HERE.

krispin41 enjoyed her first holiday season visit to DLR (a solo trip), and came back with some quick thoughts -- HERE -- and a great review with wonderful photos -- HERE.

minbabies enjoyed the holidays at DLR for the first time, and shared some details of the trip -- HERE.

minbabies' "First/Birthday Trip 12-9 to 12-13" (Trip Report)

MinnieLovesMickey reported live from DLR -- HERE.

pepe3penelope enjoyed a solo day trip to DLR and came back with some awesome photos and recaps -- HERE.

tksbaskets experienced her first Disneyland holiday trip without her kids. She offered some quick thoughts -- HERE.

tlovesdis commented on the crowds on 12/6/14 -- HERE. She also shared details of her trip when she returned -- HERE -- and photos -- HERE.

tlovesdis' "Dec 6-9, 2014 - Magical Birthday/Holiday Trip" (Trip Report)

xApril, a WDW vet, visited DLR for the first time and gave us a brief recap -- HERE.

November 2014

cseca tried the Thanksgiving Feast at the Disneyland Hotel and shared her experiences -- HERE.

DharmaLou had a not-so-great experience staying at the Disneyland Hotel, and recapped it for us -- HERE.

Disney127 visited in November 2014 and checked in live from DLR with updates -- HERE and HERE.

DisneyJamieCA visited DLR from November 19-25, 2014, and checked in with us live -- HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.

DisneyJamieCA also gave us a detailed review/recap of her trip when she returned home -- HERE.

DisneyJamieCA shared photos -- HERE and HERE.

dolphingirl47 experienced her first Disneyland holiday season and gave a brief review -- HERE -- as well as a more detailed review -- HERE. (Her trip included Thanksgiving and the Thanksgiving Feast at the Disneyland Hotel).

dsneygirl experienced Disneyland Resort's holiday season for the first time, and gave a recap -- HERE.

dsneygirl shared photos -- HERE, HERE and HERE

egritz checked in live from DLR during her November 2014 trip and posted updates -- HERE (11/16), HERE (11/17), HERE (11/18), and HERE (11/19) and HERE.

figment_jii visited DLR shortly after the holiday season officially began in November, and shared these photos -- HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

figment_jii also shared some good information regarding souvenirs -- HERE -- and regarding the Anna and Elsa meet and greet -- HERE.

funatdisney shared these photos -- HERE.

grnflash's "Our Holiday Trip Tips" (November 2014)

hclifford visited DLR over the Avengers marathon weekend in November 2014 and shared a recap -- HERE.

JadeDarkstar's (and CaptBane's) November Trip Report (2014) (Trip Report)

kylie71 shared photos -- HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

liesel visited Disneyland over the Avengers marathon weekend in November 2014 and gave her recaps/thoughts -- HERE and HERE.

Misskitty3 visited the parks just before the holidays officially began in November, and she posted her thoughts and photos -- HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

Mouseketeers4 shared these photos of the Paradise Pier Hotel tree -- HERE and HERE.

mvf-m11c was at DLR over the first official holiday season weekend in November, which also coincided with the Avengers Marathon weekend. See his photos -- HERE, HERE and HERE.

mvf-m11c's "4th Annual Holiday Trip to DL in November" (2014) (Trip Report)

NJShoreDad experienced Disneyland's holiday season for the first time, and also enjoyed Thanksgiving in the parks and hotels. His review can be found -- HERE.

Orbitron enjoyed Disneyland's holiday season for the second time, dined at the Thanksgiving Day Feast at the Disneyland Hotel, and gave us a recap of the trip -- HERE.

petals gave a brief review of her trip -- HERE.

petals' "For the first time in like ever I'm going to Disneyland a Nov 14 TR." (Trip Reports)

Sailorwife's Review of the Holiday Time Tour (November 2014; 2:55 p.m.) -- HERE.

2013 Reviews/Recaps/Reports

ashnjam's "Our First Disney Christmas Trip!" (December 2013)

danimaroo's "That's the 30th time we've heard that song.. A GRAND Xmas Adventure! Nov 13 TR!"

Delilah1310's "We survived Thanksgiving week ... and you can too!" (November 2013)

DizNee Luver's " *+*+*Dreams Can Come True*+*+* Club 33 Trip Report" (December 2013)

egritz's Trip Recaps (December 2013) -- HERE, HERE and HERE.

farmfresh's "Holiday magic & some nightmares before Xmas-a quick review of our weekend trip" (December 2013)

julieheyer's Trip Recap (December 2013) -- HERE.

KCmike's "A Disneyland Christmas Movie - Trip Report" (November 2013)

mom2rtk's "We Defected to the West! DLR 2013" -- a December 2013 Trip Report

mvf-m11c's "Our 3rd Annual Holiday Trip to DL in November - November 22nd - 24th, 2013" (starts Post #3222)

mvf-m11c's "Braving the Crowds after Christmas at Disneyland with Family & Friends" - 12/26/13 - 12/29/13 -- begins HERE (post #3334), and continues HERE (separate thread).

Pesky's "The good, the bad, the pixie dust and a big ol' thank you -- long mini review" (December 2013)

PHXscuba's "A Club 33 Christmas" (December 2013) -- Starts in post #565 on page 38

rentayenta's "Not too shabby for a consolation prize! A Dec 2013 TR!"

Sherry E's Recap from November 15, 2013 -- HERE.

the_princess' "Just got back from christmas trip :-) NOW WITH PICTURES" (December 2013 trip)

wonderfuller's "I Survived NYE at the DLR!" (December 31, 2013)

2012 Reviews/Recaps/Reports

ArchOwl's "How I did NYE at the DLR! You can do it, too!" (NYE 2012)

BensDaddy's "Disneyland and GCR Villas - Week After Thanksgiving" (2012)

danimaroo's "The Wettest, Merriest, and Happiest Birthday/First Visit Nov/Dec 2012 TR!" (*Note - lots of pictures, and review of the famous Disneyland Candy Canes!)

DizNee Luver's "10 Mths of WDW Planning leads us to~~DISNEYLAND!!" (December 2012) (*Note - lots of pictures, including Christmas Fantasy Parade, the famous Disneyland candy canes, It's a Small World Holiday, etc.!)

Elk Grove Chris' "Nov 20-24" (2012) (*Note - Includes pictures from Thanksgiving Day at DLR)

Escape2Disney's "The Absolutely Amazing, Magical Christmas Adventure!" (December 2012) (*Note - includes Club 33 pictures!)

JediMasterNerd's review/recap of a December 2012 trip (including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) - HERE and HERE

JediMasterNerd's partial list of special menus for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - HERE

luvslikepi's "Trip Report!! Updated 12/12- December 7-9 Impulsive Holiday Trip" (2012)

mariezp's "Pre-Trip Report: Turkey Day with the Mouse 2012"

Mickey&JoshNut's review/recap of a December 2012 trip (including Christmas) - HERE

Mommy2PrincessAbby's "Operation Disney in December--PTR followed by TR!" (2012)

mvf-m11c's "Our 2nd Annual Early Holiday Trip to DL in November - 11/16-18/12" (2012) - begins on Page 169/Post #2528 (*Note - Lots of pictures, including great fireworks shots!)

pixleyyy's WE'RE CANCELLING CHRISTMAS (Take 2) - Dec 4-8, 2012 (*Note - WDW vet's first trip to DLR for the holidays; lots of pictures)

tksbaskets' "Our Disneyland New Year's Park-Hopping Half-Marathon! 12/31/11-1/7/12" (*Note - Includes Holiday Tour pictures and review)

yupikgal's "~*3 Adults Jingle Jangle Nov-30 to Dec 3*~" (2012)

2011 Reviews/Recaps/Reports

DizNee Luver's "Hubby got a Camera & I got Christmas!!!" (December 2011) (*Note - Lots of pictures, including Holiday Tour pics and review. Christmas Fantasy Parade, etc.!)

mvf-m11c's "Our Annual Holiday Trip to DL 11/18/11 - 11/20/11" - begins on Page 93/Post #1385 (*Note - Lots of pictures!)

rentayenta's "Strike yer colors, you brazen wench! No need to expose yer superstructure! Nov 27-30, 2011"

2010 Reviews/Recaps/Reports

Belle Ella's "Jazz's Very Merry Holiday - December 5-8, 2010" (starts Post #114)

Belle Ella's "Jazz's Rockin' New Year - December 31, 2010 - January 6, 2011" (starts Post #399)

FlameGirl's "FlameGirl and family's PHOTO HEAVY 2010 Christmas marathon TR" (starts Post #64)

Mariezp's "It Only Took 5 Months to Finish Trip Report - November 10-26, 2010"

MattsPrincess' "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Disneyland, November 18-22 2010" (*Note - Lots of pictures!)

mvf-m11c's "Holiday Trip to DLR - 11/18/10 - 11/20/10" (starts Post # 131) (*Note - Lots of pictures!)

mvf-m11c's DLR Holiday videos

specialks' "Great Glad Tidings Tell - Dec 7-14, 2010"

TheColtonsMom's "1129 light years to Disneyland but we got there" (Holiday 2010 report)

2009 Reviews/Recaps/Reports

deejdigsdis' "It's 3 Trips In 1!" (Christmas 2009 TR begins Post #1) (*Note - Lots of pictures!)

tksbaskets' "Our Toy Story Midway Mania Christmas Vacation 12/26/09- 1/1/2010 (2009 Holiday tour & NYE at Disney Land)" (*Note - Includes Holiday Tour pictures and review!)

2008 Reviews/Recaps/Reports

Mariezp's "They've Been Some Long Ones! Nov. 9-23, 2008"

Photo Links and Photo-Related Info

Photos -- Holiday Season 2014

ARIELvsURSULA shared some great photos from her first Disneyland Resort holiday trip -- HERE.

DisneyJamieCA shared photos -- HERE and HERE.

DisneylandPlanner checked in live from DLR, and shared these photos -- HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

dsneygirl shared photos -- HERE, HERE and HERE

figment_jii visited DLR shortly after the holiday season officially began in November, and shared these photos -- HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

figment_jii returned to DLR in December and shared photos of all of the gingerbread gems at the Grand Californian Hotel -- HERE.

funatdisney shared these photos -- HERE.

Jenasweetemotion shared these photos -- HERE and HERE.

krispin41 shared these photos from her first DLR holiday trip -- HERE.

kylie71 shared photos -- HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

Misskitty3 visited the parks just before the holidays officially began in November, and she posted her thoughts and photos -- HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

Mouseketeers4 shared these photos of the Paradise Pier Hotel tree -- HERE and HERE.

mvf-m11c was at DLR over the first official holiday season weekend in November, which also coincided with the Avengers Marathon weekend. See his photos -- HERE, HERE and HERE.

pepe3penelope enjoyed a solo day trip to DLR in December and came back with some awesome photos -- HERE.

Sherry E posted holiday photos of The Grove and the Original Farmers Market, from Thanksgiving 2014 -- HERE.

tlovesdis shared these photos from her December trip to DLR -- HERE.

Holiday Character Locations (Seasonal Characters and/or Characters Dressed in Holiday Outfits)!

California Adventure

(Buena Vista Street)

Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, etc., wear holiday attire in various locations around BVS

Santa greets guests at Elias & Co.

(Cars Land)

Mater wears a Santa hat and poses for photos near the Cozy Cone

(Paradise Pier)

The Gazebo/Christmas tree on the Pier (you will often find Santa Mickey or another character in holiday attire at this spot)

Viva Navidad (You can find Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and the Three Caballeros in festive themed garb)

Disneyland

(Critter Country)

At Pooh's photo spot, the Pooh characters wear Santa hats or winter scarves)

(Frontierland)

Jingle Jangle Jamboree (In addition to being one of Santa's locations around Disneyland Resort, the JJJ also features characters including: Santa Goofy, Pluto, Mickey & Minnie, Chip & Dale, etc.)

(Main Street)

Town Square (the characters -- including Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Chip & Dale, and sometimes Daisy) wear winter sweaters)

Minnie & Friends Character Breakfast at Plaza Inn -- Although it is not consistent, some of the characters at this meal have been known to occasionally wear a bit of seasonal clothing in the past.

(Mickey's Toontown)

In the past, winter sweater-clad characters could be found here on and off throughout the day. I'm not sure if the characters in Toontown are still wearing seasonal clothing.

(New Orleans Square)

Jack Skellington (with or without Sally) can usually be found near Haunted Mansion Holiday during the Holidays at DLR

Hotels of the Disneyland Resort

Santa Claus greets guests at all 3 hotels (see Hotels of the Disneyland Resort post above ^^ for more info)

Holiday-Specific PhotoPass Locations (with or without characters)

California Adventure

Buena Vista Street Christmas Tree (also at a couple of the character locations)

Cars Land

Carthay Circle

Paradise Pier Christmas tree

Viva Navidad

Disneyland

Critter Country (with Pooh and friends)

Jingle Jangle Jamboree

Main Street Christmas Tree

Town Square

Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle (day and night)

Hotels of the Disneyland Resort

Disneyland Hotel (Santa Claus' location in the Fantasy Tower and at the artificial gingerbread Castle in the Fantasy Tower)

Grand Californian Hotel tree (Santa Claus)

Santa Claus - Where to Meet Him Around Disneyland Resort!

Blogs and Information

• Santa Claus can usually be found at: the Jingle Jangle Jamboree in Disneyland; Elias & Co. in California Adventure; at the Grand Californian Hotel; at the Disneyland Hotel; and at the Paradise Pier Hotel. Schedules at each location may vary.

• As of the Holidays of 2014, a limited "Breakfast with Santa at Downtown Disney" event (December 14, 20, 21, 22 and 23) was introduced at Catal restaurant in DTD (making it Santa's 6th photo spot at Disneyland Resort), and the meal price includes vouchers for ice skating at Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink. Info can be found -- HERE.

• See this post and this post from previous Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthreads for details about and photos of 5 of Santa's photo spots around Disneyland Resort.

• Also see the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort post -- HERE -- for Santa's schedule at each hotel.

• Off-property, but nearby, there is another Breakfast with Santa event taking place on Saturday, December 13th at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. in Anaheim GardenWalk. See more info -- HERE.

• Not far away, at Knott's Berry/Merry Farm, yet another "Breakfast with Santa" event is taking place at Mrs. Knott's (on December 6, 13 and 20). See more info -- HERE.

Theme Week Countdowns (2014, 2013, 2012, 2011)!

In the summer – approximately late July or early August – I will kick off our annual Theme Week Countdown in this thread. This is something I began in 2011 as a way to showcase all of the aspects of the seasonal details at Disneyland Resort for both newcomers and repeat holiday visitors alike, while counting down to the official start date of the new season in November. The Theme Week Countdown – which is exclusive to this specific thread – highlights a different theme each week (for example, Cars Land Week), and many of our DIS’ers contribute to the themes by sharing their beautiful photos over the course of 3 months. Anyone is welcome to participate and share photos if they have visited DLR for the holidays.

In 2013, I added in a contest element to the Theme Week Countdown -- for both photo contributors and non-photo participants -- and 2 DIS’ers won Disney gift cards. Three DIS'ers won gift cards in 2014. Stay tuned to this thread for details on the 2015 Theme Week Countdown when we get a bit closer to July!

Below you will find links to the Introduction/photo posts for each theme in all of the Countdowns we have done since 2011. To view all of the contributors' beautiful photos that were posted to each theme, I recommend clicking on each link below and then entering the thread from each specific post so you don't have to search through the thread to find the photos of a designated theme.

For example, if you click on "Holiday Characters, PhotoPass and Santa Claus Photos" below, the Intro/Photo post for that theme will open. From within that post, click on the link to the thread in the upper right corner -- which will take you to the exact point in the thread at which the Theme begins, and you can follow the pages from that point forward to view all of the images.

(2014 Countdown -- Total: 22 themes; Gift card winners: marlana323, who played the Code Word Challenge; mvf-m11c, who was chosen in the Random Draw; and krispin41, who was also chosen in the Random Draw)

Rules and Other Things to Know Before Joining the Theme Week Countdown -- HERE and HERE.

Post-Countdown Stats -- HERE.

Holiday Characters, PhotoPass and Santa Claus Photos (Monday, July 21, 2014)

A Christmas Fantasy Parade and Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks (Monday, July 28, 2014)

It's a Small World Holiday and Fantasyland (Monday, August 4, 2014)

Buena Vista Street and Hollywood Land (Monday, August 11, 2014)

Mickey's Toontown (Monday, August 18, 2014)

Hotels of the Disneyland Resort (Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel) (Monday, August 25, 2014)

Cars Land (Monday, September 1, 2014)

New Orleans Square and Haunted Mansion Holiday (Monday, September 8, 2014)

Main Street and Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle (Monday, September 15, 2014)

Frontierland and the Jingle Jangle Jamboree (a.k.a. Santa's Reindeer Roundup) (Monday, September 22, 2014)

Christmas Trees and Wreaths (Monday, September 29, 2014)

Pacific Wharf and Paradise Pier (including Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad) (Monday, October 6, 2014)

Disneyland Resort -- Holidays Gone By (a.k.a. Seasonal Things That Are Not There Anymore!) (Monday, October 13, 2014)

Holiday Treats and Treasures (a.k.a. Holiday Food/Snacks & Souvenirs/Merchandise!) (Monday, October 20, 2014)

Jingle Cruise (Monday, October 27, 2014)

Critter Country & Grizzly Peak (Tuesday, October 28, 2014)

Holiday Horticulture (a.k.a. Holiday Flowers and Plants) (Wednesday, October 29, 2014)

A Bug's Land (Thursday, October 30, 2014)

Halloween Time (a.k.a. When Holidays Collide) (Friday, October 31, 2014)

Downtown Disney (Saturday, November 1, 2014)

The Candlelight Ceremony and Processional (Sunday, November 2, 2014)

Holiday Cornucopia (These Are a Few of My Favorite Things) (Monday, November 3, 2014)

pixiedust:

(2013 Countdown -- Total: 20 themes; Gift card winners: ksromack, who played the Code Word Challenge; and Mickeybell, who won in the Random Draw)

Post-Countdown Stats -- HERE.

Disneyland Resort Christmas Trees & Wreaths (Monday, August 5, 2013)

New Orleans Square/Haunted Mansion Holiday (Monday, August 12, 2013)

It's a Small World Holiday/Fantasyland (Monday, August 19, 2013)

Main Street/Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle (Monday, August 26, 2013)

A Christmas Fantasy Parade/Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks (Monday, September 2, 2013)

Mickey's Toontown (Monday, September 9, 2013)

Hotels of the Disneyland Resort (Monday, September 16, 2013)

Frontierland/Jingle Jangle Jamboree/Reindeer Round-Up (Monday, September 23, 2013)

Holiday Treats and Treasures (a.k.a. Food and Merchandise) (Monday, September 30, 2013)

Holiday Characters/PhotoPass/Santa Claus (Monday, October 7, 2013)

Buena Vista Street/Hollywood Land (Monday, October 14, 2013)

Cars Land (Monday, October 21, 2013)

Holidays Gone By (a.k.a. Holiday Stuff That Is Not There Anymore) (Monday, October 28, 2013)

Candlelight Ceremony/Processional (Tuesday, October 29, 2013)

Holiday Flowers and Plants (Wednesday, October 30, 2013)

Critter Country/Grizzly Peak (Thursday, October 31, 2013)

A Bug's Land (Friday, November 1, 2013)

Pacific Wharf/Paradise Pier (Saturday, November 2, 2013)

Downtown Disney (Sunday, November 3, 2013)

Holiday Cornucopia (Monday, November 4, 2013)

pixiedust:

(2012 Countdown -- Total: 18 themes)

Main Street (Monday, August 27, 2012)

California Adventure (Monday, September 3, 2012)

Santa's Reindeer Round-Up (Monday, September 10, 2012)

Haunted Mansion Holiday (Monday, September 17, 2012)

New Orleans Square (Monday, September 24, 2012)

It's a Small World Holiday (Monday, October 1, 2012)

A Christmas Fantasy Parade/Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks (Monday, October 8, 2012)

Mickey's Toontown (Monday, October 15, 2012)

Christmas Trees/Tree Quest (Monday, October 22, 2012)

Treats & Treasures (Monday, October 29, 2012)

Hotels of the Disneyland Resort (Monday, November 5, 2012)

Flowers & Plants (Tuesday, November 6, 2012)

Frontierland and Critter Country (Wednesday, November 7, 2012)

PhotoPass (Thursday, November 8, 2012)

Character Holiday Photos (Friday, November 9, 2012)

Holiday Wreaths (Saturday, November 10, 2012)

Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle (Sunday, November 11, 2012)

Holiday Cornucopia (Monday, November 12, 2012)

pixiedust:

(2011 Countdown -- Total: 18 themes)

Santa's Reindeer Round-Up (Monday, August 29, 2011)

Main Street (Monday, September 5, 2011)

New Orleans Square (Monday, September 12, 2011)

Hotels of the Disneyland Resort (Monday, September 19, 2011)

It's a Small World Holiday (Monday, September 26, 2011)

Toontown (Monday, October 3, 2011)

Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks and A Christmas Fantasy Parade (Monday, October 10, 2011)

Holiday Treats and Treasures (Monday, October 17, 2011)

Frontierland and Critter Country (Monday, October 24, 2011)

Haunted Mansion Holiday/Nightmare Before Christmas (Monday, October 31, 2011)

California Adventure (Monday, November 7, 2011)

Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle (Tuesday, November 8, 2011)

Christmas Trees (Wednesday, November 9, 2011)

Wreaths (Thursday, November 10, 2011)

Character Holiday Photos (Friday, November 11, 2011)

Holiday Flowers and Plants (Saturday, November 12, 2011)

Holiday PhotoPass Pictures (Sunday, November 13, 2011)

Holiday Bonanza - Potpourri (Monday, November 14, 2011)

pixiedust:

My how the thread ha grown. We are waiting for our town car to pick us up and take us back to LAX and then cold Michigan. We enjoyed our time at DL. Especially the better crowd levels yesterday (Monday).

Almost all of the CP set was gone by yesterday morning. Those castmembers must have been busy over night.

Do I get a prize for being the first one to post in the new thread? ;)

Oops, not quick enough!

Jenasweetemotion said:
It was available everyday we where there and looked like they were stocking it every morning. We found that it moved a couple of times but stayed in the general area which was on Buena Vista Street Information/Guest relations stand.
Thanks! I'll let my family members know and hopefully they'll find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter