• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have a question for all of you Disneyland experts :) If you were doing a World of Color dinner package just one time on your trip and got to choose between doing it for the Winter Dreams show or the Celebrate show, which one would you choose to do? We are definitely going to catch both shows (we'll fast pass the other), but which one would us book with the package?

I can finally see the schedule and hours for the first 2 days of our trip!!! :cool1:

The anticipation might just kill me....six weeks left!

So, I have a question for all of you Disneyland experts :) If you were doing a World of Color dinner package just one time on your trip and got to choose between doing it for the Winter Dreams show or the Celebrate show, which one would you choose to do? We are definitely going to catch both shows (we'll fast pass the other), but which one would us book with the package?

We did the WOC lunch package this past July and enjoyed the Celebrate show. We liked Celebrate better than Winter Dreams because it had less Frozen in it. :-). Also, Celebrate had some Walt history and this always pulls at our heartstrings. We will probably watch Winter Dreams again in Dec but will see it from the area near the fun wheel. We won't be able to see the projections but it will do.

We leave Dec 3 erd, the 4th, 5, 6th will all be crowded busy weekend days but we have plans to make it work and try not to get so over whelmed. Then Monday off tue wed back hoping the last two days crowds will be a little less then the weekends.

I read a rumor that FP distribution for both WOC shows will happen simultaneously at the usual spot. Two machines for each show will be available. Unknown at this time if you can get FPs for each show. We may have to wait until someone attempts it. In the past, you could not get more than one FP from the WOC machines, but who knows if it will be allowed for the holiday season?

That would be interesting to see if you had to queue twice for the 2 different machines - I would guess you have too?

Or am I reading this wrong :)

That would be interesting to see if you had to queue twice for the 2 different machines - I would guess you have too?

Or am I reading this wrong :)

Hmmm...yeah. I am thinking you probably would have to queue twice. But all speculation at this point. I still haven't heard if you can get FPs for both on the same day.

Of course, there would be workarounds if you couldn't get both sets of FPs from the machines. You could always get one set from the machines and do a dining package for the other set.

I'm a little disappointed, I was really hoping that Winter Dreams would open early we leave on Nov the 13th International flight so can't change it, we can only stay in the park till about 6pm that day I didn't even think about DL being decorated for Christmas when booking our flights. I am very excited about being able to see the park decorated though.

Last year they showed Winter Dreams on November 12th, which was the day before the holiday season started. None of the cast members at the Fastpass machines or even doing crowd control at the show knew. They all expected the original version.

So, I have a question for all of you Disneyland experts :) If you were doing a World of Color dinner package just one time on your trip and got to choose between doing it for the Winter Dreams show or the Celebrate show, which one would you choose to do?

Hands down Celebrate. I absolutely adored this show and could not get enough of it. The special effects are amazing and the whole show is very moving. Winter Dreams on the other hand is 30 minutes of my life I am never going to get back. I think it has the potential to be a nice show - if it was reduced down to about 10 minutes.

Corinna

I originally booked a dinner seating for 6:00, which normally would mean that I would automatically get tickets for the first show. I called Disney dining, and the cast member told me that they are going to allow people to select tickets for whichever show they want during the holiday time (with the exception of people who have a dinner too late to attend the first show). She told me we could keep our 6:00 dinner reservation, and go to the later show.

I hope its ok to post here, if not please let me know? My family has never seen WOC . I booked the WOC package ( 1st showing) at Ariels grotto? thoughts? I already have us booked at BB for a F package on Dec 11th at 6pm. We scheduled WOC for Dec 9th 550pm? Just curious on any thoughts if this is worth it? The problem also is we fly in early Dec 9th but will not make it to DCA for fast passes in time.

I am planning to see Winter Dreams this year. I haven't seen it yet, but I have seen Celebrate. I think Celebrate actually could be good, if they cut back on NPH in front of a green screen and clips that had nothing to do with Walt Disney. What a disappointment.

Does anyone know what times the Holiday tour is usually offered. We would like to do the 4;30pm parade. This might change I know, we can not make reservations until November 4.

I originally booked a dinner seating for 6:00, which normally would mean that I would automatically get tickets for the first show. I called Disney dining, and the cast member told me that they are going to allow people to select tickets for whichever show they want during the holiday time (with the exception of people who have a dinner too late to attend the first show). She told me we could keep our 6:00 dinner reservation, and go to the later show.

Thank you for letting us know this. My DH was asking me to call because we want the late showing but we are doing lunch because its the menu we like best.

I'm looking at booking the Holiday Tour, but have a couple of questions.

1. My youngest is 2yo - would he need a pass or is he a freebie still? I'm guessing he's free but just double checking.

2. I want to book this on a heavy crowd day (weekend more than likely, right?) because you get to get on rides quickly, correct?

3. Do they charge tax or no? Trying to budget and it says 85/pp but not sure if I should budget in tax too. Also, everyone is considered an adult or are there kid prices?

For World of Color is NPH (not a big fan of his)in both shows and are both really loud? I know that is subjective. Loud, constant noise can trigger a health issue I have. I have wondered about WoC for a while now.

In sweeter news, I have a Candy Corn Ice Cream report. I tried it today at Baskin Robbins. :) It is a completely smooth flavor with orange, yellow, and white swirls to it. It really does taste like candy corn. I have missed being able to eat real candy corn candy (too chewy) especially the pumpkin shaped pieces which to me tasted better than the plain ones--probably because they were cute :) So being able to enjoy a similar ice cream treat was nice. I'd much rather there'd one day be a smooth (non churned) pink peppermint but I recommend all of you giving CC Ice cream a try :)

Does anyone know what times the Holiday tour is usually offered. We would like to do the 4;30pm parade. This might change I know, we can not make reservations until November 4.

We are booked for the 2pm one on Nov 13th (Friday), and I was told that would be the time I need for the 4:30pm parade.

any one have luck booking a later tour and getting ptn?
Also what day would we maybe hear about candle light dinners or something if they have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter