Disney Wonder Sept 3-7, 2006 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
purplern said:
BTW I'm back! :thumbsup2
Good day NOT to be at work. We have 12 beds and 8 are filled with admissions they are holding because there are no beds in the hospital!

Wow! I bet you jetted out of there quickly. :car:

I just turned on our local news...what do I hear... one of our elementary schools is under lockdown because there was a shooting near it. SHEEEEZ

I just heard that it isn't DD's school. How horrible. The school is near my mom's house.

LCTsMom said:
I just turned on our local news...what do I hear... one of our elementary schools is under lockdown because there was a shooting near it. SHEEEEZ

I just heard that it isn't DD's school. How horrible. The school is near my mom's house.

oh my. :sad2:

LCTsMom said:

That's terrible! But at least if the school is locked down the kids are safe.

purplern said:
That's terrible! But at least if the school is locked down the kids are safe.
Very true! They have caught the suspect so hopefully that's the end of that. What is this world coming to? :confused3

I'm taking off for a while. I have some errands to run then off to car line. Have a great afternoon everyone. I'll catch you later. I'm sure we'll be past the 8000 mark by the time I get back! :thumbsup2

:wave:

LCTsMom said:
I'm with you sister! Let's count laps for them. That's a lot of movement on our part. :lmao: :lmao: (Is there a pooh sized smilie out there???)

sweet, could you count for me? how many times around is a mile, anyone know? i have a feeling i'm going to be going round and round and getting quite dizzy :rotfl:

LCTsMom said:
I'm taking off for a while. I have some errands to run then off to car line. Have a great afternoon everyone. I'll catch you later. I'm sure we'll be past the 8000 mark by the time I get back! :thumbsup2

:wave:

I'm sure we will too! :thumbsup2

My wife is finally getting in "vacation mode", unlike me who has been there for 6 months.... Just have to get the final things done before we leave inside and outside the house..I have a one day trip to Washington DC for work the day before we leave, so I need to make sure everything is done. My wife always gets a little crazy towards the end... :love:

LCTsMom said:

Oh my goodness that's awful! When I was a sophomore in high school we were in code blue (a type of lock down not as severe as a code red...) for about a month because of the Washington area sniper. How scary for the little elementary school kids. I hope they're all okay!

ok i need to rant...

so i was perfectly fine with the 'no liquid' thing on the airplane. so what, i either just put my suitcase as check in (since the cruise line will pick it up for me on this trip, no big deal). or i just leave liquids at home. blah blah... easy enough to work around... but that was until i found out whatelse you are not allowed to bring on the planes... ELECTRONICS! what the heck am i supposed to do for 2 whole hours!? no ipod, no gameboy, i was going to buy myself a laptop for christmas since soda got spilled all over my portable dvd player, but i guess that might be stupid now since you can't have those either! :furious:
it would be one thing if they showed good movies, but a flight from dc to orlando there are no movies. and half the time when there are movies on a plane they aren't very good. so now i have to just sit (granted i could read and probably will but that's beside my point at the minute) for 2 hours doing NOTHING. half the reason i have an ipod and a gameboy are for plane flights. my parents bought us portable dvd players for christmas for plane trips. now it's like money was wasted! why do people have to be so stupid and ruin EVERYTHING!! :furious:

ok i'm done with my rant. now if only this computer i'm on wasn't ancient and freaking slow than maybe i could start to get happy...

LCTsMom said:
I'm with you sister! Let's count laps for them. That's a lot of movement on our part. :lmao: :lmao: (Is there a pooh sized smilie out there???)

pooh: There ya go... :lmao:

Dawn

NJBILL said:
My wife is finally getting in "vacation mode", unlike me who has been there for 6 months.... Just have to get the final things done before we leave inside and outside the house..I have a one day trip to Washington DC for work the day before we leave, so I need to make sure everything is done. My wife always gets a little crazy towards the end... :love:

That will so be me too. :crazy:

sugaswim said:
ok i need to rant...

so i was perfectly fine with the 'no liquid' thing on the airplane. so what, i either just put my suitcase as check in (since the cruise line will pick it up for me on this trip, no big deal). or i just leave liquids at home. blah blah... easy enough to work around... but that was until i found out whatelse you are not allowed to bring on the planes... ELECTRONICS! what the heck am i supposed to do for 2 whole hours!? no ipod, no gameboy, i was going to buy myself a laptop for christmas since soda got spilled all over my portable dvd player, but i guess that might be stupid now since you can't have those either! :furious:
it would be one thing if they showed good movies, but a flight from dc to orlando there are no movies. and half the time when there are movies on a plane they aren't very good. so now i have to just sit (granted i could read and probably will but that's beside my point at the minute) for 2 hours doing NOTHING. half the reason i have an ipod and a gameboy are for plane flights. my parents bought us portable dvd players for christmas for plane trips. now it's like money was wasted! why do people have to be so stupid and ruin EVERYTHING!! :furious:

ok i'm done with my rant. now if only this computer i'm on wasn't ancient and freaking slow than maybe i could start to get happy...
Holly that's just the UK flights that aren't allowed electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter