Disney Wonder Sept 3-7, 2006 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

taeja71

<font color=deeppink>I'll type real slow...<br><fo
I think we agreed to do a group order to take advantage of the free shipping. However, if we are charged no matter what, then I guess we could order seperately. Should we warn which ever company that we are placing seperate orders, but with the same text print? It would be nice to get as much text on the bracelets as possible. Not that I would forget our cruise date, but it would be nice to see it.

We have one little one that will be two and one boy that will be one. D and L. I'm not sure if they're participating in the goodies bags or not.

Oh Dawn, chicken pox again? You poor thing. Get well soon. I'd hug ya' but you know your contagious and all... so here's a flower. :flower3:

OMGosh, the 3,000th post is past! There were at least 15 post earlier today to get to it!!!!! I missed it. :sad:

ETA: I was got the answer about the wristbands and here's the replies:
Hi T,

Free shipping is USPS First Class. You also will have the choice of UPS
Ground, FedEx Ground/Home Delivery, FedEx Express (Saver, 2Day,
Overnight).

I personally recommend UPS or FedEx.

Thank you,
Scottie
Wristbands With A Message
1-800-282-8091
http://www.wristbandswithamessage.com

(((((AND))))))

Hi T,

Thanks for contacting us. Artwork is free for orders with 20+
wristbands. We
can do some ears but it will have to be a little different than the
trademarked ears.

Thank you,
Scottie
Wristbands With A Message
1-800-282-8091
http://www.wristbandswithamessage.com

I know that one of the kids in our party is under three but I think it's still fine to include the little ones in the goodies and leave it up to the parents as to what's given to the little kids and what's saved for another time. As far as safety, I think some of the other stuff in the goody bags will be more of a safety issue (choking etc...) than the glow sticks, they don't puncture that easily. In fact, they actually MAKE glow stuff for the kids to wear IN THEIR MOUTHS. I have seen them (of all places) at our local ROLLER SKATING RINK! Go figure! TALK ABOUT SCARY! :confused3 :rotfl:

What's the consensus as to ordering as a group (we can pay each other via PayPal or send payments through the mail) or ordering separetly?

ETA: As for the size of the glow bracelets....face it, the kids will have them opened and they'll be swinging them around. :rolleyes: I doubt most kids will actually be WEARING them as intended. :rotfl2: It's all good.

Blackunicorn said:
Wow, I'm sitting at home bored because I've somehow managed to contract chicken pox a second time! :confused3 :faint: :scared: :sick:

Dawn
YUCK DAWN, I am so sorry! I had the pox when I was 5 and in my 30's I got SHINGLES! Usually older folks get shingles, which is another strain of the same virus. It was awful! Get well soon!!!! My kids all had the Varivax vaccine and I just read that they are now suggesting kids who have had that vaccine get booster shots because they are seeing a surge in Chicken Pox from kids who were vaccinated. YUCK! :sick:

LCTsMom said:
I know that one of the kids in our party is under three but I think it's still fine to include the little ones in the goodies and leave it up to the parents as to what's given to the little kids and what's saved for another time. As far as safety, I think some of the other stuff in the goody bags will be more of a safety issue (choking etc...) than the glow sticks, they don't puncture that easily. In fact, they actually MAKE glow stuff for the kids to wear IN THEIR MOUTHS. I have seen them (of all places) at our local ROLLER SKATING RINK! Go figure! TALK ABOUT SCARY! :confused3 :rotfl:

What's the consensus as to ordering as a group (we can pay each other via PayPal or send payments through the mail) or ordering separetly?

ETA: As for the size of the glow bracelets....face it, the kids will have them opened and they'll be swinging them around. :rolleyes: I doubt most kids will actually be WEARING them as intended. :rotfl2: It's all good.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Umm, ya I can totally see that happening.

LCTsMom said:

:lmao: goodness!

I'm going to head on over to Oriental Trading and get those bracelets... actually I think I'm going to wait until after this weekend. since that is the date for the cut off for signing up, then maybe we will have a better idea of a final count, and I can know how many to order.

Dawn, sorry about your chicken pox, :guilty: I hope you are feeling better soon!

Wow,

I went to the dollar store, Big Lots and out to dinner and there were 4 new pages when I got back. I had to wait for all the east coast chatter bugs to go to bed so I could catch up. :rotfl:

*yawn*

2AM and no one is talking on here? C'mon! That is shocking ;)

So I forget-- who is going to WDW after the cruise? Michael and I are going to spend one night...

Okay, I messed around with it tonight, and this is the rough price we'll pay at each site...

wristbands-with-a-message.com 25 adult bracelets $62.25, 12 kids bracelets $29.88, free shipping through USPS = $92.13
(drawback--limited space for message, +30 cents for more writing on the back)

reminderband.com 40 adult bracelets $78.00, 20 kids bracelets $39.00, shipping $8.00 = $125.00
(drawback--have to order in lots of 20)

shanrene.com 25 adult bracelets $49.75, 12 kids bracelets $23.88, shipping UPS ground $5.81 = $79.44
(drawback--color of green is very iffy)

With all of these I assumed we would be making a group order, though if we want to order individually we can. I also did a web search, and these three were the best that I saw. Everyone else has a minimum order, or costs more, or had something along those lines.

Dawn G.

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for doing all that work. I hope you got my PM about the bracelets. Whatever is easiest on you is what we should do. Let us know and we will go with the flow. :thumbsup2

Morning all! :sunny:

I agree with mom_of_2_princesses, whatever's easiest for Dawn.

Piecey said:
So I forget-- who is going to WDW after the cruise? Michael and I are going to spend one night...

ME!!!!!!!
Then again, we live here...... :sunny:
But yes, DH and I are planning to drive straight from the terminal to Magic Kingdom so we can lengthen the state denial we will be in about having to return to normal life again.
I think I will ride Pirates of the Carribean OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Blackunicorn said:
I totally agree about more glow-in-the-dark--I've got necklaces, but my kids love glow-in-the dark so much that if someone else showed up with bracelets or even more necklaces, I don't think it would be a problem. Even lightsticks are exciting to them. Though, if my kids have the audacity to complain about all of the goodies they're getting, I'll take them away and play with them myself. I can wear pirate tattoos, too. pirate:

Dawn
Over 15 years ago, DS#2 was invited, while Trick-or-Treating, to take which ever one he wanted out of a bowl of treats. :cool1: The people had a glow-in-the-dark stick in there to help the kids see the treats and Ted wanted that. The teenager handing out treats did not know what to do and Ted was adamant that he had said WHICHEVER, so he got the stick. It was :rotfl2: funny, but put me in an odd :blush: place as the supervising Mom of the group....... :confused3
Jan :earsgirl:

Blackunicorn said:
shanrene.com 25 adult bracelets $49.75, 12 kids bracelets $23.88, shipping UPS ground $5.81 = $79.44
(drawback--color of green is very iffy) Dawn G.

Although the green is not bright green I still think it's green and we will all know what it looks like even those not exactly participating. I personally hope to meet Bill and his wife, they sound like a lot of fun and very interesting!!! :goodvibes

As for ordering seperate, my only advice would be to post exactly what the agreed upon saying is. Also, if we order seperate, I do not think we can get the circles that look like Mickey's head just the saying.

It doesn't matter to me either way how we do it. Whatever Dawn wants is fine with me

When I did this myself, the total came to 12.90 with USPS shipping. It was 4.00 more for UPS. I mock ordered 4 adult bracelets and 1 child's.

Dawn, I think it would be best for you to choose what would be easiest and we will follow along.

O.k., I've been scrolling up and down the posts, looking at the wristband websites, and here's what I've come up with. I went to the iffy website and it looks definately pine tree green. Its pretty dark. But, I got, Its Time!* 9/3/06 *Disney Wonder to fit.

I went to the second cheapest website and typed in, Its Time! * 9/3/06 *Wonder and it fit. Those wristbands definately look lime green, but they'll cost more.

So, there's a $12.00 difference.

I hope I haven't been redundant in my posting. Jan, I can see a kid who's not part of our group saying, "Mommy, I want those (whatever our kids have)". I'll feel bad for the kid, just like life you don't always get what you want. Is that a John Mellencamp song????

We'll be going to the Epcot and then WDW at night at least one day. On a christmas trip years back we found WDW was less crowded at night than the day time. Epcot wasn't as crowded.

Hope every one who was wet is drying out now. We'll be climbing into the 90's here this weekend. :sunny:

Momof2 princess: princess:, you finally put in a location! MM, we loved going to MM! Viper was one of my favorite rides....ahhh the screaming memories.... :love:

Patsy, change your location!

mom_of_2_princesses said:
Wow,

I went to the dollar store, Big Lots and out to dinner and there were 4 new pages when I got back. I had to wait for all the east coast chatter bugs to go to bed so I could catch up. :rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Vicki's going to be surprised when she logs in...Bill too unless he's lurking... :smooth:

Bill was right, we did make it to 3,000 before our cruise. :thumbsup2

Ker-Bear said:
I personally hope to meet Bill and his wife, they sound like a lot of fun and very interesting!!! :goodvibes
Ker-Bear said:
Thanks for the kind words. :goodvibes We are looking forward to meeting everyone also.

I hope I haven't been redundant in my posting. Jan, I can see a kid who's not part of our group saying, "Mommy, I want those (whatever our kids have)". I'll feel bad for the kid, just like life you don't always get what you want. Is that a John Mellencamp song????

Rolling Stones, I sing it to my kids all the time. My DD thought I was getting stuff for all the kids on the ship. I will go with whatever bracelet makes me hot!!! :rotfl:

Hope every one who was wet is drying out now. We'll be climbing into the 90's here this weekend. :sunny:
We are supposed to be 105 tomorrow. Yuck!

Momof2 princess: princess:, you finally put in a location! MM, we loved going to MM! Viper was one of my favorite rides....ahhh the screaming memories.... :love:
We don't go there as much as we used to and we only live 5 minuets away. Go figure.

taeja71 said:
Bill was right, we did make it to 3,000 before our cruise. :thumbsup2

I predict 4,000 posts before we cruise!!!! :cool1:

I have had an absolutely horrible day today. Can we fast forward 48 days? Then I would be on the road to Florida :Pinkbounc

I guess I will have to settle for a cold beer and some pizza with DBF tonight.

side note I am too lazy to go back through all these posts. Someone mentioned they were Auburn fans? I live in Columbia SC and the Gamecocks play Auburn on Thursday Sept 28th here in Cola. My DBF got his undergrad and Masters from USC and DS has become a huge Gamecock fan so we may have some rivalry going on at dinner :lmao:

zweihund said:
ME!!!!!!!
Then again, we live here...... :sunny:
But yes, DH and I are planning to drive straight from the terminal to Magic Kingdom so we can lengthen the state denial we will be in about having to return to normal life again.
I think I will ride Pirates of the Carribean OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Ahh!!! I went two Mondays ago, while I was still down in Florida living with my friends (I'm back now-- my last grandparent got ill and now I'm back :blush: )

We got to ride POTC and lemme tell you... the Jack Sparrow addition is FREAKILY real!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter