Disney Wonder $13k to Alaska vs $6k on RC

I don't think you could ever add up what you get with DCL and compare it dollar for dollar to what you get (or are charged extra for) on NCL, RCCL, etc. Yes, the other lines often charge for things like pop or coffee/tea, or sometimes tack on room service charges, but the overall cost of the cruise is probably significantly lower. I priced out a mediterranean cruise on DCL in May 2019 - two verandah rooms for a total of five guests is $11,776 USD. On NCL, for nearly the exact same dates (one day later), two balcony rooms for a total of five guests costs $6,434 USD, or 54% of the DCL cost, and that includes two unlimited open bar packages and a wifi package. Even if I were to pay for soda and room service every day the cost savings to go with NCL would be significant.

DCL is a different experience, I agree, and I do it because of my kids. When they are older, I will find it hard to justify the prices.

I and my dad went on the Wonder to Alaska last year and we loved our porthole oceanview room in dec 2 midship.
I agree though that DCL’s price is getting grossly higher and higher esp for Alaska & European cruises.

I’m looking into prices for Scandinavia & Russia cruises with NCL and RCCL now for next year. We’ve always sailed with DCL so I’m quite nervous bout this. How did you guys like your past cruises with NCL / RCCL?
Thanks!

Pangyal - Which ship did you sail? How did you feel about the food?
We were on the Island Princess. The food was....okay. The suite-only breakfast at Sabatini’s was amazing, but the buffet and MDRs were not my favourite, plus they were pretty low on gluten and dairy free options, which I need. Also, I have never had so much salt added to my food...and I go to WDW a lot so that’s saying something!

Overall, I would certainly recommend them over DCL if only for Glacier Bay and the option of getting a much bigger room and perks for the same cost as a DCL verandah cabin.

Also, I have never had so much salt added to my food...and I go to WDW a lot so that’s saying something!.

That's funny. One of my wife's and my notes about Crown Princess in Alaska was that the food wasn't nearly as salty as DCL food.

And I agree. The suite breakfast was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter