Disney Transportation to ship or not?

How to you find out what time the port transfer bus will pick you up at your Disney resort?

From my understanding, prior to covid the DCL transportation would not begin pick-up at hotels until noon or after. However, during covid (and my experience in December 2021) our pick-up time from the lobby of the swan was 8:30 am. For a first time cruiser, I went from expecting not to be able to choose an early PAT to being in boarding group #2. There were delays due to bus issues and we arrived, tested, and boarded with group 8.

Since you have to get a PAT now and they are strict on letting people in, how does it work if you are dropping a car off at rental return and taking their shuttle? Does the PAT matter? Do they not let you on the rental car shuttle without checking the PAT? Thanks for any insight.

Since you have to get a PAT now and they are strict on letting people in, how does it work if you are dropping a car off at rental return and taking their shuttle? Does the PAT matter? Do they not let you on the rental car shuttle without checking the PAT? Thanks for any insight.

Yes, it does matter. Last week they were only allowing people into the port facility for testing at their PAT. The car rental folks won't ask you. We took a Goport bus but it delivered us there right at our PAT. For us using non-Disney transportation they checked PAT both when dropping off luggage and entering the covid testing area. Cars weren't being allowed into the port at all if they were not close to the PAT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter