Disney Transportation to ship or not?

I think that if you have purchased transfers before your check-in, you have no pre-selected PAT even if you are going from MCO to the port.

So I checked in for our April cruise a few days ago, and I took my time going through check-in because we'd purchased DCL transfers and when we did last time it said we couldn't/needn't select a PAT because we were taking the DCL bus. Lo and behold, this time it actually had me pick a PAT. I really wish I'd known that was going to happen because I'd have gone out of my way to skip through to the end to try and get a good one. I ended up with 11:15, and I'm not sure of what to do.

So I checked in for our April cruise a few days ago, and I took my time going through check-in because we'd purchased DCL transfers and when we did last time it said we couldn't/needn't select a PAT because we were taking the DCL bus. Lo and behold, this time it actually had me pick a PAT. I really wish I'd known that was going to happen because I'd have gone out of my way to skip through to the end to try and get a good one. I ended up with 11:15, and I'm not sure of what to do.

Oh interesting.

Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions. After reading through these I am leaning toward booking Disney transportation from POR to the port and then after the cruise taking Disney transportation from the port back to MCO...

Oh interesting.
I would also like to know what this means....?? if DCL let you choose early or late pick-up I would be willing to pay a bit more than a rental and take them. i would loooove to take the DCL transfer.. still trying to decide what to do... the price increase is also hefty. 156.00 for a family of 4.. I have a rental for 188 that is 4 days wdw pick up and port drop-off.
the bus just seems so much more fun and relaxing.

the other unknown is if POP will hold luggage while we cruise.. We have about 5 large suitcaes and carry-on.. this means a large SUV at least for a rental. with DCL bus I know we get all our luggage transferred.. Storage in room is a non-issue as we have the space under the bed. This is why we always take the ME back to MCO.. as we have shopped so much we dont fit luggage in a small SUV.

I would also like to know what this means....?? if DCL let you choose early or late pick-up I would be willing to pay a bit more than a rental and take them. i would loooove to take the DCL transfer.. still trying to decide what to do... the price increase is also hefty. 156.00 for a family of 4.. I have a rental for 188 that is 4 days wdw pick up and port drop-off.
the bus just seems so much more fun and relaxing.

No clue. I am solo, so DCL transfers make the most sense for me financially. So I just have to take whatever time I get there because I refuse to do the Tragical Express back to MCO just to change to another bus. It is what it is, and I know that you cannot do everything no matter what time you get on board, so...

No clue. I am solo, so DCL transfers make the most sense for me financially. So I just have to take whatever time I get there because I refuse to do the Tragical Express back to MCO just to change to another bus. It is what it is, and I know that you cannot do everything no matter what time you get on board, so...

OT but do you know what time they start the sign-ups for the tastings on embarkation day? This might be a deciding factor too. If the DCL buses get there last, then all slots are gone

OT but do you know what time they start the sign-ups for the tastings on embarkation day? This might be a deciding factor too. If the DCL buses get there last, then all slots are gone

Usually 1 I think. But again, I'm not stressing it. A testing is not going to make or break my cruise.

The Port Adventures desk opens at 12, Palo & Remy reservations start at 12:30 and once onboard, just head to the bar listed in the Navigator to sign up for tasting classes because I don't think a time is listed for those..

The Port Adventures desk opens at 12, Palo & Remy reservations start at 12:30 and once onboard, just head to the bar listed in the Navigator to sign up for tasting classes because I don't think a time is listed for those..

I had just taken a photo of a recent Navigator for a friend who is sailing this week who had the same question in regards to the drink tastings. Like you said, it lists a location where the reservations take place but not a specific time. We have had success adding drink tastings by heading to the sign up location after lunch in the MDR. Good luck!!

We took Disney transport from POFQ 1 1/2 years ago. It had us pick a PAT as well, but it didn't matter though because the bus scheduling system trumps that PAT. Our PAT was 10:30, but the bus pick up time was 11:30 (found out the night before). They make a route for each of the buses and I know they picked up POR before us and maybe another resort too, we were the last resort to be picked up by this particular bus. It really depends on how many resorts they pick up as to when you get to port. I think they have you pick a PAT because it's the default in the system and has no bearing as to when you actually get to port if taking Disney transport.

Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions. After reading through these I am leaning toward booking Disney transportation from POR to the port and then after the cruise taking Disney transportation from the port back to MCO...

You know my feelings on it goofy4prez! Maybe we'll see you on the bus :wave2:

I should have mentioned specifically that we’re doing the shuttle to and from MCO, so I don’t know how it works otherwise.

Last time we landed at MCO around 8:45 that morning (I know, I know) and went straight to the buses. We arrived at the check in desk before the first bus left but there was a line so we ended up on the second one. We went straight into the port and through security, and we were able to go straight to the line for check in afterward.

Can someone please explain how I’ll need to do it with a PAT? I don’t want to do the wrong thing.

I'm using DCL transfers from MCO and my check in doesn't allow me to select a PAT, it's just get on the bus and get there when you get there.

Have you tried to sign up for the tastings online? Most of the ones for our cruise are pretty full but I managed to get 2 so far.

I should have mentioned specifically that we’re doing the shuttle to and from MCO, so I don’t know how it works otherwise.

Last time we landed at MCO around 8:45 that morning (I know, I know) and went straight to the buses. We arrived at the check in desk before the first bus left but there was a line so we ended up on the second one. We went straight into the port and through security, and we were able to go straight to the line for check in afterward.

Can someone please explain how I’ll need to do it with a PAT? I don’t want to do the wrong thing.

You can do the same thing. Odds are your Boarding Group will be tied to your PAT, but you can take whichever bus you are put on.

We LOVE Disney Transportation and the Magic of having the luggage taken from our WDW Resort room and magically show up at our Stateroom. We just did the Western Caribbean on January 5th. There were 4 of us. We used Disney Transportation before and after the cruise and could not have been happier with them.

You know my feelings on it goofy4prez! Maybe we'll see you on the bus :wave2:

I booked my transportation to the port today and thought of your post here. I decided to use Disney transports from the resort to the ship. However, I ended up changing resorts... Twice. LOL... I went from POR to WL to now staying at the BWI.

We did Disney transportation and the would do it again. We spent the morning at the resort, kids even went swimming and enjoyed the CBR pool. We were picked up at 12:30 at the resort. When we got to the port, we breezed through security, Disney transfers have a separate entrance. Then checked in and walked on. We had lunch at cabanas and our room was already ready. I wasn’t worried about getting there early to use the pool since the kids enjoyed the pool at the resort. What I liked best was not being worried about getting there on time. If something happened, the ship would wait for the Disney transport to get there before departing.

Wow. If you weren't picked up until 12:30 and the cabins were still not ready well after 1:30 (takes at least an hour to get to the port and then lunch), there must have been some kind of delay as cabins are generally ready at 1:30!

Ymmv, but in most cases
Party size <3, means you will save a few bucks on Disney Transport.
More than 3, rent or hire private Transpo.

At 3 adults, it's a toss-up.
I like being able to make the grocery stop along the way.
Depends on pricing and preferences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter