Disney Springs Reopening Updates

There has been a lot of discussion around the boards and elsewhere about liability and the assumption of the risk statements from Disney. With all of the precautions Disney is taking in opening, it's hard to argue negligence on their part that would cause someone to get sick. However, if they are not making a real effort to enforce those rules, I think it could open them up more of a liability claim. If they have implemented these rules that they claim are necessary for protecting guests and CMs (remember, many rules are not about protecting one individual but protecting as many as possible from the virus-carrying individual), then they've created the baseline of care to protect guests and CMs. If they are not enforcing those rules properly, then they are falling below the standard that they have created. Additionally, I wonder whether they are also opening themselves up to labor claims since these precautions were agreed to with the unions to protect the CMs.

I love that they took the doors off the trash cans because those are always yucky. However, now I'm wondering if we'll see an uptick in bees around the cans. Something to monitor. lol
I noticed the doors almost immediately, they actually didn´t take the doors off, just left them in the open position. One of my ocd things is to actually close these doors when they get stuck in open, so I was about to do that and then noticed all the trash cans around being the same way...makes sense

what is the percentage of people that are wearing their masks properly for those that have been there? Just a guess. How hot/humid was it?

People were wearing them near 100% when walking around, and near 100% not wearing them when sitting down at the restaurants.

Did you really just ask how hot and humid it was? :) It was hot, very burning hot and humid and will be for a number of upcoming days. This actually was a factor with Disney stores being closed. Normally you can head into World of Disney and such to escape the heat, but obviously you can't do that yet.

I just going out We're going to be there on Sunday. I was trying to make a reservation and they don't have any available? I didn't see anywhere that it said they weren't taking them. Just that they didn't have any. Do we just show up and hope to get to eat? LOL such a strange thought for Disney property :)

I just going out We're going to be there on Sunday. I was trying to make a reservation and they don't have any available? I didn't see anywhere that it said they weren't taking them. Just that they didn't have any. Do we just show up and hope to get to eat? LOL such a strange thought for Disney property :)
The third-party restaurants at DS have always had better availability on Open Table. Although it being reopening weekend and a holiday weekend it's possible they're booked to the reduced capacity.

Yeeeeeah... no. I would not spend thousands of dollars to wear an uncomfortable mask in 90degree heat and humidity. The fact that people take them off and on for pictures, eating, etc., COMPLETELY negates any disease prevention whatsoever.

It’s as if everyone has decided that wearing masks = safe to re-open, and then apply no common sense to the equation.

Does anyone know how full Disney Springs parking decks got last night/tonight? Were they turning away people?

Be interesting to see how many visitors wear masks to get into the area and then take them right off once they get inside, just to see what happens.
I just took a look at photos of Disney springs re-opening via a quick google search. I saw one female with no mask on and several wearing them Incorrectly ( under their noses, not covering their nose).
humans... they just don’t get it:(.
If I were Security, I’d stop them and show an Exit or get an Immediate correction like wearing the mask and having it on correctly.
yup... ‘21 for us.

I love that they took the doors off the trash cans because those are always yucky. However, now I'm wondering if we'll see an uptick in bees around the cans. Something to monitor. lol

After those cans have been propped open for a few days, the staff are going to find out why the flaps are there in the first place. Not only to keep bees out, but also rats and any foraging birds in the area (does Orlando get seagulls?). I'm sure bees are going to be a BIG problem - they were all over the trash cans when I was there last May, and the flaps were closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter