Disney Springs Reopening Updates

I think, If Disney wants to open and act get people to come to there parks. Disney will try to make people wear there masks now to look good, Show the public and state they are following the rules

I was at DS last night, a couple of things i noted
It was busier than i expected, i arrived at 7pm
At the garage before the temp check there was a family that was stopped because they weren't wearing a mask, the dad said he had left them in car, so he was sent back to get them while the rest of the family waited on the side
About 20% of people weren't wearing masks or wearing them wrong. I was walking and a manager stopped a group without a mask and asked them to put them back on, same manager walked right past another group that had no mask on and said nothing
I would say almost everyone was social distancing properly, that wasn't an issue
Had another Josh sighting :)
Chicken guy continues to be worth it. The bourbon, brown sugar bbq, yummy

What are people doing with their masks when they eat? Leaving them on the table? The point of the mask is not to touch the front of it at all and once removed, to put it in a plastic or paper bag. This seems like everyone will be touching it.

What are people doing with their masks when they eat? Leaving them on the table? The point of the mask is not to touch the front of it at all and once removed, to put it in a plastic or paper bag. This seems like everyone will be touching it.
can't tell you what they are doing everywhere, but at Blaze pizza they give you a little bag to put the mask inside, at Chicken guy yesterday I had my food to go so I don't know if they offer the same thing.
What I do with my mask is, I take it off and put it inside my purse, wash my hands to eat, then put it on after I eat. I understand the inside of my purse might be contaminated but I make sure I wash my hands as often as I can and don't touch my face.

can't tell you what they are doing everywhere, but at Blaze pizza they give you a little bag to put the mask inside, at Chicken guy yesterday I had my food to go so I don't know if they offer the same thing.
What I do with my mask is, I take it off and put it inside my purse, wash my hands to eat, then put it on after I eat. I understand the inside of my purse might be contaminated but I make sure I wash my hands as often as I can and don't touch my face.

Thanks for sharing your process. I feel that masks are worth every bit of effort and wish everyone felt the same but some just don’t. Just couldn’t figure out where everyone puts them to not contaminate everything they touch throughout the day.

At the garage before the temp check there was a family that was stopped because they weren't wearing a mask, the dad said he had left them in car, so he was sent back to get them while the rest of the family waited on the side
About 20% of people weren't wearing masks or wearing them wrong. I was walking and a manager stopped a group without a mask and asked them to put them back on, same manager walked right past another group that had no mask on and said nothing
I would say almost everyone was social distancing properly, that wasn't an issue

A masked Josh sighting!

So desperately need some Chicken Guy right now ! Love it !

Just got back from DS and it was not well organized.
Arrived at 10am and I did expect to wait some time, instead I was met with a line that snaked all the way around Marketplace, no one said what this line was for, it was obviously to go into WoD, decided pretty quickly to abandon that idea and got in line for Co Op instead, it started at Basin. After one hour in line finally reach the entrance and there's just one CM taking your name and phone number so they can call you back when it's your time to enter, he said I would need to wait 6 hours to go back.
Same thing for the super long WoD line, after making that line that was about an hour and a half you had to wait about 6 hours to be called back. Inside the stores looked pretty empty, I think they were at about 25% capacity.
Disney very obviously understaffed, they could have had several CM manning the queues, letting people know the wait times, several CM taking your info for the call back, there were markers on the floor but no umbrellas, and it was hot and then poured. After not being able to go into any store we decided to go to Chicken Guy again, the line was a bit longish and I knew we wouldn't find seating inside so I said "lets splurge and go to Planet Hollywood" during the weekend PH opened at 11:30am we were met by a sign that said they were opening at 4pm. So we left and went to Sunset Walk for lunch instead.
I will be back tomorrow, very very early so I can go into WoD at 10am. I don't mind waiting but there needed to be better communication

Arrived at 10am and I did expect to wait some time, instead I was met with a line that snaked all the way around Marketplace, no one said what this line was for, it was obviously to go into WoD, decided pretty quickly to abandon that idea and got in line for Co Op instead, it started at Basin. After one hour in line finally reach the entrance and there's just one CM taking your name and phone number so they can call you back when it's your time to enter, he said I would need to wait 6 hours to go back.
Same thing for the super long WoD line, after making that line that was about an hour and a half you had to wait about 6 hours to be called back. Inside the stores looked pretty empty, I think they were at about 25% capacity.
Disney very obviously understaffed, they could have had several CM manning the queues, letting people know the wait times, several CM taking your info for the call back, there were markers on the floor but no umbrellas, and it was hot and then poured. After not being able to go into any store we decided to go to Chicken Guy again, the line was a bit longish and I knew we wouldn't find seating inside so I said "lets splurge and go to Planet Hollywood" during the weekend PH opened at 11:30am we were met by a sign that said they were opening at 4pm. So we left and went to Sunset Walk for lunch instead.
I will be back tomorrow, very very early so I can go into WoD at 10am. I don't mind waiting but there needed to be better communication

Sounds like WDW needs to contract with Chick-fil-a to run those lines.

I was afraid of something like this when the Disney stores reopened. As a local, the other stores aren’t the big draw for me. I go primarily for the Disney operated stores. People have been talking about what a ghost town it has been, but I was sure when the Disney stores opened the people would too. I may wait a while yet to head down there, as I don’t intend to spend six hours there total, let alone six hours waiting to get into one store. Three hours, including a meal, is usually my limit. Thanks for the update!

Sounds like WDW needs to contract with Chick-fil-a to run those lines.
If they had multiple CM to take people's phone numbers those lines would be shorter, then we can all wait all day, but the hour+ line without anyone telling how long it would be to come back was the killer. The obviously understaffed

There should be an app for this.

if only Disney already had an app available that would take reservations to say a fastpass, or dining or even an attraction

But given that they like to out source, they‘d have to work the changes in with their vendor. This could take months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!