Disney Springs Reopening Updates

different than opening day because so few people were there. I understand why he went. When Disney invites you to something exclusively, you go. I know I would. But be there today with all the people? No way.

from the pictures and videos it looks like so far people are complying with the rules which is good to see. Hopefully that continues tonight

from the pictures and videos it looks like so far people are complying with the rules which is good to see. Hopefully that continues tonight

What is hard to predict is when the tourists come back. Very different for a local to go out to eat at DS vs a tourist spending tons of money to be in Orlando.

What is hard to predict is when the tourists come back. Very different for a local to go out to eat at DS vs a tourist spending tons of money to be in Orlando.

People who are spending money to be in orlando can't follow the same rules locals are following?

People who are spending money to be in orlando can't follow the same rules locals are following?

Didn't say they can't but it will happen. People going out now are in a different mindset. People spending thousands for there vacation are going to struggle to be inconvenienced, masks will be off every 5 mins for a picture (that locals don't care as much about since its been there done that)

I'm headed back Friday night to see if it's busier. Today most were wearing their masks appropriately, no one complaining which was great

I think this weekend will be a good test, due to the holiday. I look forward to an update!

Afternoon-early evening today was very, very, light on crowds. Other than walk around looking at most things (stores, every attraction) closed, there's very little to do but eat. No rocking music, no dancing, no singing, no energy whatsoever. Some shops were open, but it was ghost-town-ish. The best way I can describe it was if you've ever read/watched The Langoliers by Stephen King, it was like being in the "yesterday world." Everything felt just subdued and not fun at all. Hopefully that will change when the Disney shops open up, but I'm predicting it won't, and it'll still be "off."

I'm going to go on record and say it's all about the masks. I get it, I get why they are important, but they ruin everything. I saw Tim's video and he mentioned it wasn't bad for him. I don't agree in the slightest. Wearing a mask in 90+ degree is...not fun, at all. When we stopped to eat (Oh Earl of Sandwich, how I missed you), I was never so relieved that I could take it off. Couple that with the "not fun vibe" and that's enough to make me think twice about going again - not for fear of a virus, but fear of going to Disney and being depressed as a result.

Last edited:
I just returned from Disney Springs. Had a nice dinner at Wolfgang and walked around a bit. There were definitely people not wearing masks- I would say 10%, and little enforcement. I was in Basin and there was a man without a mask and a CM asked him to put one on and he did. In general, there was minimal cast members around except for the parking garage/entrances. I even saw one management looking CM( plaid shirt) with a mask, remove the mask turn around, and sneeze into the air without covering his face. Im not going back until things settle down as this was not enjoyable. This is just my observation.

I just returned from Disney Springs. Had a nice dinner at Wolfgang and walked around a bit. There were definitely people not wearing masks- I would say 10%, and little enforcement. I was in Basin and there was a man without a mask and a CM asked him to put one on and he did. In general, there was minimal cast members around except for the parking garage/entrances. I even saw one management looking CM( plaid shirt) with a mask, remove the mask turn around, and sneeze into the air without covering his face. Im not going back until things settle down as this was not enjoyable. This is just my observation.
Someone learned it’s pretty icky to keep wearing a mask you’ve sneezed in. (But there is no excuse for not covering it up with their elbow.)

What's the point of creating a team of CMs to enforce rules when they obviously don't. :(. More reason for me to take my money elsewhere.

Afternoon-early evening today was very, very, light on crowds. Other than walk around looking at most things (stores, every attraction) closed, there's very little to do but eat. No rocking music, no dancing, no singing, no energy whatsoever. Some shops were open, but it was ghost-town-ish. The best way I can describe it was if you've ever read/watched The Langoliers by Stephen King, it was like being in the "yesterday world." Everything felt just subdued and not fun at all. Hopefully that will change when the Disney shops open up, but I'm predicting it won't, and it'll still be "off."

I'm going to go on record and say it's all about the masks. I get it, I get why they are important, but they ruin everything. I saw Tim's video and he mentioned it wasn't bad for him. I don't agree in the slightest. Wearing a mask in 90+ degree is...not fun, at all. When we stopped to eat (Oh Earl of Sandwich, how I missed you), I was never so relieved that I could take it off. Couple that with the "not fun vibe" and that's enough to make me think twice about going again - not for fear of a virus, but fear of going to Disney and being depressed as a result.
I watched a two or three videos (ex: Chris Provost, Tim and PrinceCharmingDev). They definitely tried to put a positive spin on the masks. But, I'm not buying it. It looked pretty dismal, frankly. I still have our trip booked for mid July. But, if this is a preview of the parks, I'll have to cancel and save that hunk of change. A beach vacation is looking more likely now.

I watched a two or three videos (ex: Chris Provost, Tim and PrinceCharmingDev). They definitely tried to put a positive spin on the masks. But, I'm not buying it. It looked pretty dismal, frankly. I still have our trip booked for mid July. But, if this is a preview of the parks, I'll have to cancel and save that hunk of change. A beach vacation is looking more likely now.

We are planning a trip to Pigeon Forge instead of Disney also.

Booked for July 14, and definitely cancelling if DS is any indication of what the parks will be like !

I think we'll be seeing more of your line of thinking, and that Disney will have to rely WAY more on the locals than they ever thought. Who's going to want to drop $10k to come down here when this is what they get to look forward to? No fireworks, no parades, no character meets, no performances and the awful, awful masks. They are supposed to propose their reopening plans today for the Orlando task force, so will be interesting to see what happens.

Booked for July 14, and definitely cancelling if DS is any indication of what the parks will be like !

I need to be fair, it was only day one, and the sun was burning like a beast. I'm open-minded and hopeful that it will improve, and plan on checking it out a few times in the coming weeks, but I do feel it has to actually improve, as opposed to me just "getting used to it."

So glad they're not walking around making everyone wear the masks the whole time. You have to be able to take it off to breathe. Every single stream or blog I watched had complaints about the masks. It's not sustainable. As time goes on more and more people will be taking off their masks. You'll get the initial buy in and then it will stop especially with the continuing downward trend in cases. It's why Disney put out the disclaimer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter