Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Thanks for trying to help but I respectfully decline your internet diagnosis. We are capable of handling ourselves over here :D

I just don’t want this thread to derail into that kind of discussion.

EDIT: this is not the group you are thinking about. I’m glad you’re in the group you made mention of, I am in numerous private groups related to Disney, Credit Cards and other things.

EDIT2: Look - I understand that the words of others frustrated you. I think the comment about people not leaving their homes just resonated with me in an unfortunate way. I just wanted to point out that compassion and softening words will always provide a better outcome on message boards. I think if you had worded a couple things differently in that comment I would agree with everything you said. I just lost sight of what you say was your true point. I think your 2nd comment more clearly delivered your frustration and I do agree with that :D

Yes clearly my second comment came across better. As we all know, written text can be hard to interpret. I will admit to also being rather sarcastic which is even harder to interpret via text.

I was just trying to say that you can get stuck in or on something in many other situations, and that in most of those other situations, people aren’t lined up demanding compensation as they seem to be in the world of Disney.

I would also like to clarify that I said they must not ever leave their houses, not that they shouldn’t. Because people currently seem to feel like Skyliner is the only thing people can get stuck in. Not elevators, trains, buses, planes, walk in refrigerators, and many other things I’m sure I didn’t list.

Last edited:
Yes clearly my second comment came across better. As we all know, written text can be hard to interpret. I will admit to also being rather sarcastic which is even harder to interpret via text.

I was just trying to say that you can get stuck in or on something in many other situations, and that in most of those other situations, people aren’t lined up demanding compensation as they seem to be in the world of Disney.

I would also like to clarify that I said they must not ever leave their houses, not that they shouldn’t. Because people currently seem to feel like Skyliner is the only thing people can get stuck in. Not elevators, trains, buses, planes, walk in refrigerators, and many other things I’m sure I didn’t list.

The only thing...in almost all those other things you get stuck in, they are almost universally funded or significantly directly subsidized in some way by government...and, well, I hear there's a saying about the type of service and care you get in a government-funded program...

The only thing...in almost all those other things you get stuck in, they are almost universally funded or significantly directly subsidized in some way by government...and, well, I hear there's a saying about the type of service and care you get in a government-funded program...
Some of them are, but people certainly get stuck in elevators- even in high end hotels! I’d say that’s probably the closest comparison.

The elevators for the state-owned buildings I've worked in have always been seriously wonky. One frequently got stuck or the doors opened between floors. One of the downsides of having to use the lowest bid for the job.

My big thing with the whole idea of the gondola system is that Disney has already proven that they're not willing to spend the money to keep the monorail in good condition. Why does anyone think they'll spend the money to keep the gondola system in good condition? It seems unwise and irresponsible to not first take care of what you already have before expanding. That's a pretty basic lesson most people teach their kids.

The cars that collided were both unoccupied.

UPDATE: I read on what is normally considered to be a reliable source and often quoted here that there weren’t any people in the gondolas that crashed. My inaccurate information has been updated. Sorry to any I may have misled.

Last edited:
Is it possible that the two cars that initially made contact weren’t occupied, but those next in line, that subsequently bumped into others, were? Making Disney’s account technically correct, but not the entire story? Otherwise I’d be surprised if they’re still putting out that statement at this point.

Is it possible that the two cars that initially made contact weren’t occupied, but those next in line, that subsequently bumped into others, were? Making Disney’s account technically correct, but not the entire story? Otherwise I’d be surprised if they’re still putting out that statement at this point.
Take a look at the story in the link in my last post. The poster says they were in the yellow car that hit the blue one.

Disney is so very lucky no one was in the cars that hit each other. Also, thank God it didn’t happen during the day. It’s been so hot lately, people would’ve been sick from the heat. I doubt one lone bottle of water would’ve stopped people from getting heat stroke.
I’m a bit curious what’s in their emergency kits. Anyone know?
There were people in the cars that hit each other, one of them is posting in the other thread.

We don’t go until next August and I’m already rethinking it. Discounts could come out in January like last year so I need to keep following the Skyliner news and figure out where we’re going to stay.
If discounts follow the 2020 winter dont get excited, they raised prices then dropped super low discounts, disney is officially too greedy and offering less and less

Take a look at the story in the link in my last post. The poster says they were in the yellow car that hit the blue one.
Perhaps more worrying is the statement from the poster claiming to be in the crunched car that nobody took their details or asked for a witness statement.

Edit to say that as ex-law enforcement, I can't imagine a situation where a fact witness would not have their details taken for an interview. However the said witness/victim has since said that they contacted Disney to provide their details once they heard that Disney had suggested there were no guests in the cabins that crashed.

Last edited:
They appeared to be testing testing Epcot Skyliner tonight. It was moving slowly and briefly as we walked under it after the 9 pm fireworks were over. And you could hear announcements from the loading area.
If they indeed are testing with the intent to possibly reopen soon then my predictions are totally wrong!!

We were at Typhoon Lagoon last Dec the day the person was injured and had to be airlifted out. The ride where the injury occurred was closed for the next month plus the park refurbishment time.

While I hope this is error is figured out quickly and the Skyliner runs again soon when safe, I’m just not anticipating it reopening quickly.

I will add that Disney has been spreading false info. This is bad PR. They should have stated they don’t know all the details and will investigate.

There's a double edged sword when it comes to communications when something goes wrong. If an entity stays quiet until they are absolutely sure about what they tell people, then the masses complain that they waited too long to report anything to said masses. But if an entity speaks up quickly, only to repeatedly realize they were giving out erroneous information, then the masses scream that they should have kept quiet until they knew what they were talking about. :)

Personally I'd like the entity to wait to give inof, and for the masses to be patient in waiting for it. But I don't think that will ever happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter