• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Parks Moms Panel 2015

Gary tweeted this yesterday
@Gary_Jerry: #DisneyMP R2 to R3 for our Guests living in Brazil will happen later this week, pending our International team contacting you in Portuguese.

Good luck!

Wow wow wow really thank you. Fingers crossed here.

I got the nicest rejection letter. I will say, since this was very first year applying, I'm proud of myself for making it to R2. Here's to planning my 2016 qualifying trip!

Good luck to all those in R3!

Hope to join in the fun again next year!

This is who I show for Round 3 on this thread (although, I know there are a few others who have yet to post with their good news): WDW 2010_Bride AnotherPrincess kathyk671 kimberwv Meredith'sMom Onnie5000 tofubeast uccats97 whositsandwhatsits DVC DCL cruisecrasher DLR Specialty (?) Carolynleanne MousekaReady lawyergirl tlseege
On to Round 3!! #iamahotmessofgratitude!! So sorry that I did not post earlier. It has been a crazy 24 hours since #DisneyMP invitations to round 3 went out! The result is bittersweet at best … so many amazing #DisneyMP Hopeful friends making it into R3 and so many not. … It is heartbreaking! :( Ultimately, we are one big happy Disney family!! ChEARing everyone on!! :)

I feel like I just dropped my Mickey bar in the dirt and I won't get another one for a year. Lol

Marci, you are the spirit that infects others with the love of all things Disney!! Never, ever, discount the magic and joy you spread each and every day!!! You and your MQ Podcast are the catalyst for so many happy Walt Disney World Resort vacations!!! Personally, I thank you for all you do ... as does my teen son!! :)

Sorry for not posting an update. Just been consumed on Twitter and the FB Group. I did make it through to R3 for DVC. Very excited... I still can't believe it! I have my interview setup for Monday at Noon and I'm ready for the next step.

Congrats to all my fellow R3ers and condolences to those of you who didn't make it this year. Keep your heads up and continue spreading your love and knowledge of all things Disney and I'm sure you'll get there real soon.

So sorry for not posting earlier, but it has been a whirlwind since R3 emails went out. I am thrilled to be moving on to R3! We are a special kind of people who inhabits these rooms! Each and every one of us carries an inherent goodness that drives us to want to help others experience the magic that only Disney can make!! And moving on or not, we will still continue to help others find the magic!! Hopefully one day everyone will have drunk the Disney kool-aid, and the World will be a better place!! Wait!! If that happens there won't be any need for the DPMP!!! I'll have to rethink that thought! LOL! :)

So sorry for not posting earlier, but it has been a whirlwind since R3 emails went out. I am thrilled to be moving on to R3! We are a special kind of people who inhabits these rooms! Each and every one of us carries an inherent goodness that drives us to want to help others experience the magic that only Disney can make!! And moving on or not, we will still continue to help others find the magic!! Hopefully one day everyone will have drunk the Disney kool-aid, and the World will be a better place!! Wait!! If that happens there won't be any need for the DPMP!!! I'll have to rethink that thought! LOL! :)

Congratulations, Katie!! :cool1: And to everyone who made it to R3, I am cheering for you! We've been here together for many years and it's wonderful to see so many good friends and Disney Ambassadors move on. You are all truly magical and will make amazing panelists.

Please let us know about your interviews so we can send extra pixie dust during your time with Gary and friends.

For those of us whose journeys ended at R2, the good news is we get to plan a qualifying trip for next year!!! Woot! :cheer2:

Hope to see everyone back here (new Panelists too - we LOVE your support!) for Team MP 2016!! :goodvibes

Cheers and hugs, :grouphug:

Laura

I wanted to chime in to say that I didn't make it to R3 for DVC. I am on the FB group and realized that I hadn't checked the posts out here the past couple of days. I was a little bummed but happy that I had made it this far. I wish everyone good luck with R3 and keep us posted!

Hello everyone! I haven't been around here much this year, but I did make it to Round 3 for the first time, for Disney Cruise Line. I am :cheer2: so extremely excited and grateful for this opportunity. I have my interview on Monday. I can't wait to talk to the famous Gary! :)

Finally getting a chance to check in too. I also made R3 for DVC with Jon.

I am so very very excited to be here again! At the same time, knowing some great folks aren't coming with me dulls that excitement a little bit. I have a virtual stack of those "thank you, but no thank you" emails, and while they are so kindly written, they still stink. I could very well be putting a sixth one of those lovely messages on the top of the pile next week too, but until then, hope remains!:smickey:

Thankfully I have a lot of things going on to keep my mind off the process a little. This weekend is a home Notre Dame Football game, and since we have season tickets we are planning on bundling up and heading to the stadium. My parents are driving in from NY tonight and will be here for the entire week since next weekend is also a ND home game. This has worked out very well for my interview scheduled for Monday, as mom and dad will take the baby to McD's for lunch while I take the call!

My goal for my PA (Performance Appraisal) at work this year was to bring some more fun to mandatory meetings, and right now I am working on a video/photo montage to show at next week's Unit Meetings. I had all my coworkers send me photos that I will work on putting together this weekend. And yes, planning to do it this weekend was totally strategic. I figured I would either need something to distract me from the sadness of not making it, or the anxiety of waiting for the next round of emails. I'm actually really looking forward to putting it all together, and I think my coworkers will enjoy it!:grouphug:

To all my fellow R3'ers a big CONGRATULATIONS on making it to this point!:cheer2: And for those that did not advance, please don't give up. This is my sixth attempt, and each year has been a valuable experience, despite the disappointment. I have made loads of new Disney friends, gotten involved with twitter, a podcast, and a blog, all from getting the "thanks, but no thanks" email. Not that I have ever happily received it (yes, I cry every year), but in all honesty, I'm glad to part of the process, or I would never have had these experiences. Hang in there and "Just Keep Swimming!"

Had my round three interview today. I love love love chatting with Gary! I hope everyone else enjoys their interviews- he makes applying for a job a ton of fun! Good luck to everyone. this year or next or when ever it happens- I love that we can chEAR each other on. Goooooo DisTeam!

From reading all of the Twitter posts, everyone seems to know each other, and I think that if I actually made it, I'd be a total outsider! LOL I wish I knew if I came close to making the cut or if I was in the "not even up for consideration" group.

I'm so, so sorry your ride had to end! I had a good feeling for you because you had actually taken on the task that Sue did last year of corralling all this info, and she went all the way! Made me think I'd better step up next year and be the info-gatherer! :)

Did you notice that Gary was responding to some people a couple of days ago about their applications? He's stopped now because he can't possibly answer every single one, but the info he gave them was very telling. There were about five or six of them, I think, and every single one had some teeny mistake like a misplaced apostrophe or a misspelling or incorrect resort name (there's that nomenclature thing!). Thing is, just the tiniest mistake can be the one thing that keeps you from advancing. If that's the case, it can be corrected, and then next year...who knows? :)

I also wanted to reassure you that you'd never be an outsider in the #DisneyMP Twitter family! I tweet a lot, so I'm thinking I might be one of those folks who you're saying all know each other. There are actually only two or three people from last year's search that I've kept up with throughout the "off-season." Everyone else I've only been tweeting with for a few weeks. And this week I've added a few more as the R3ers started to find each other. Trust me, if you jump into a conversation with any of the DisneyMP peeps, you'll instantly "know" many of us, too!

I'm @kathyk671 on Twitter (yep, same as my DIS username - clever, huh?). If we're not already following each other, look me up and I'll follow ya! I made R3 last year and ended up back in the waiting room, so I may well be here again this time next week, too. In any case, you'll definitely have a friend for next year's journey, whether I'm chEARing you on or sitting next to you on the ride!

Take care!!

Kathy K

I really hope I didn't miss anyone!

Specialties:

WDW
2010_Bride
AnotherPrincess
DisneyFans222
kathyk671
kimberwv
Meredith'sMom
MousekaReady
Onnie5000
tofubeast
uccats97
whositsandwhatsits

DVC
dizkrazkate
jheltz27

DCL
cruisecrasher
scrapbookmomma74

DLR
Carolynleanne

Specialty (?)
lawyergirl
longhorns2
tlseege

It looks like I have 19 listed. For those of you in R3 that participate in other groups (FB or Twitter), what is your sense for how many there actually are out there?

I haven't been active this year here, but am very active on FB. I'm in R3 for WDW. As for Twitter and Facebook at last count I think we were at a total of 96, not sure how many that included from this thread. :)

Finally getting a chance to check in too. I also made R3 for DVC with Jon.

I am so very very excited to be here again! At the same time, knowing some great folks aren't coming with me dulls that excitement a little bit. I have a virtual stack of those "thank you, but no thank you" emails, and while they are so kindly written, they still stink. I could very well be putting a sixth one of those lovely messages on the top of the pile next week too, but until then, hope remains!:smickey:

Thankfully I have a lot of things going on to keep my mind off the process a little. This weekend is a home Notre Dame Football game, and since we have season tickets we are planning on bundling up and heading to the stadium. My parents are driving in from NY tonight and will be here for the entire week since next weekend is also a ND home game. This has worked out very well for my interview scheduled for Monday, as mom and dad will take the baby to McD's for lunch while I take the call!

My goal for my PA (Performance Appraisal) at work this year was to bring some more fun to mandatory meetings, and right now I am working on a video/photo montage to show at next week's Unit Meetings. I had all my coworkers send me photos that I will work on putting together this weekend. And yes, planning to do it this weekend was totally strategic. I figured I would either need something to distract me from the sadness of not making it, or the anxiety of waiting for the next round of emails. I'm actually really looking forward to putting it all together, and I think my coworkers will enjoy it!:grouphug:

To all my fellow R3'ers a big CONGRATULATIONS on making it to this point!:cheer2: And for those that did not advance, please don't give up. This is my sixth attempt, and each year has been a valuable experience, despite the disappointment. I have made loads of new Disney friends, gotten involved with twitter, a podcast, and a blog, all from getting the "thanks, but no thanks" email. Not that I have ever happily received it (yes, I cry every year), but in all honesty, I'm glad to part of the process, or I would never have had these experiences. Hang in there and "Just Keep Swimming!"

I'm glad you have a distraction this weekend with your project. How kind of you to put that together for your coworkers! Good luck on Monday!

Had my round three interview today.

I love love love chatting with Gary! I hope everyone else enjoys their interviews- he makes applying for a job a ton of fun!

Good luck to everyone. By this year or next or when ever it happens- I love that we can chEAR each other on. Goooooo DisTeam!

I was just getting ready to say that I think everyone on here has posted that their interview is on Monday. Hope you feel it went well today -- good luck!

I'm so, so sorry your ride had to end! I had a good feeling for you because you had actually taken on the task that Sue did last year of corralling all this info, and she went all the way! Made me think I'd better step up next year and be the info-gatherer! :)

Did you notice that Gary was responding to some people a couple of days ago about their applications? He's stopped now because he can't possibly answer every single one, but the info he gave them was very telling. There were about five or six of them, I think, and every single one had some teeny mistake like a misplaced apostrophe or a misspelling or incorrect resort name (there's that nomenclature thing!). Thing is, just the tiniest mistake can be the one thing that keeps you from advancing. If that's the case, it can be corrected, and then next year...who knows? :)

I also wanted to reassure you that you'd never be an outsider in the #DisneyMP Twitter family! I tweet a lot, so I'm thinking I might be one of those folks who you're saying all know each other. There are actually only two or three people from last year's search that I've kept up with throughout the "off-season." Everyone else I've only been tweeting with for a few weeks. And this week I've added a few more as the R3ers started to find each other. Trust me, if you jump into a conversation with any of the DisneyMP peeps, you'll instantly "know" many of us, too!

I'm @kathyk671 on Twitter (yep, same as my DIS username - clever, huh?). If we're not already following each other, look me up and I'll follow ya! I made R3 last year and ended up back in the waiting room, so I may well be here again this time next week, too. In any case, you'll definitely have a friend for next year's journey, whether I'm chEARing you on or sitting next to you on the ride!

Take care!!

Kathy K

You're such a sweetheart, Kathy. :) I actually haven't followed any of the comments on Gary's tweets since Tuesday, so I didn't know people were posing those kinds of questions to him. I REALLY don't think I made any typographical or nomenclature errors. I felt awesome about my answers/essays -- it was the video I was worried about. I just don't know if I'm "bubbly" enough. No worries, though -- I'm not dwelling on it or anything. I am, however, very excited for all of you! FYI, I do plan on PMing you about something, if you don't mind.

So, do you all know if there will be cuts between Rounds 3 and 4 or if it will be like last year where they just use Round 4 to help cement their decision? Have you been told when you'll be notified if you'll be on the panel or not?

I haven't been active this year here, but am very active on FB. I'm in R3 for WDW. As for Twitter and Facebook at last count I think we were at a total of 96, not sure how many that included from this thread. :)

First, congratulations! Secondly, 96?! Wow, that's a lot more than I expected. I was thinking 50-60.

Gary had a chuckle about this in my interview. He referenced our beloved Stat Girl Sue and said last year her numbers weren't even close. Gasp!

So even if we know a number, it doesn't mean there aren't double or triple out there! Hang in there guys. It can make you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter