Disney Parks Moms Panel 2015

Jackie Psarianos

Mouseketeer
Well folks, it's almost time and with the way time flies the Disney Parks Moms Panel applications will be upon us once again.

I've been applying since 2009 to no avail, with the exception of making the final round for the 2013 Panel telephone interview. Last October, I made it to round two and that was it. Many of my friends made it on the 2014 Panel and I was thrilled for them. I applied to DCL and even though I love the Disney Parks, DCL remains in my heart for this adventure.

I am looking forward to the excitement but will go into this with no expectations as the let down is tremendous any other way. I figure, I have nothing to lose and everything to gain, especially with making new friends who share the passion and understand my mindset completely.

So, "hello" out there and hope you hop on this magical carpet ride and all the best.

I'm in! This will be my 6th year applying and, like you, will go in with no expectations. If I'm selected, that's fantastic, and if not, there's always 2016!

I'm up for my second ride on the application train. I did somehow get to R3 last year - my first try! The downside is that it makes me really apprehensive that maybe I peaked too soon and won't be able to beat that feat this year and, you know, actually make it on the panel.

But hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? So, ladies (and gents, since I know we have some MP dads out there!) ... LET'S DO THIS THING!

#DisneyMP2015 waiting room is now open! pixiedust:

I'm so ready! My first year to apply. Anything is newbies should know or expect?

I'm so ready! My first year to apply. Anything is newbies should know or expect?

Two things for the first round, I think:

1. Be error-free! The only way the judges can get through the thousands and thousands of applications they receive is by weeding out some of them based on things that can be easily discerned, such as...right, spelling and grammar and other mistakes. So check, check, and check again before hitting that submit button.

Related to that is to make sure you do things like use the proper names of parks, attractions, shows and such when you can. If you read the MP answers, you'll see that's exactly what the panelists do. It demonstrates your knowledge and shows that you "get" the branding elements. And Disney is big on branding, yes? ;)

2. Tell a great story! The questions usually ask for your opinions and recommendations about something. If you wrap your answer around a personal experience, it has the added benefit of showing some of your own personality, and I think they're really looking for people whose character shines through.

Hope this little bit helps! Not that I'm the authority since I've only been through it once, but I also think this kind of advice works for any writing/marketing/PR project. Good luck to all of us!

Two things for the first round, I think:

1. Be error-free! The only way the judges can get through the thousands and thousands of applications they receive is by weeding out some of them based on things that can be easily discerned, such as...right, spelling and grammar and other mistakes. So check, check, and check again before hitting that submit button.

Related to that is to make sure you do things like use the proper names of parks, attractions, shows and such when you can. If you read the MP answers, you'll see that's exactly what the panelists do. It demonstrates your knowledge and shows that you "get" the branding elements. And Disney is big on branding, yes? ;)

2. Tell a great story! The questions usually ask for your opinions and recommendations about something. If you wrap your answer around a personal experience, it has the added benefit of showing some of your own personality, and I think they're really looking for people whose character shines through.

Hope this little bit helps! Not that I'm the authority since I've only been through it once, but I also think this kind of advice works for any writing/marketing/PR project. Good luck to all of us!

Great! I'm very excited about this process.

Didn't they just pick a new panel this Spring?

The new panelists officially started their gig in January, but the selection process begins in September. They whittle the pool of applicants over three rounds of written questions, a video submission (round 2), and a telephone interview (round 3), leading to the final selection in mid to late November. The new panelists take a free training and "get-to-know-ya" trip to WDW in December, and then start taking questions in January.

Just wondering... is the Disney Panel thing a paid gig? I have no clue what that is.

The Disney Parks Moms Panel is a group of everyday moms (and dads!) who Disney chooses as volunteers to help other guests plan their vacations by answering questions via the Moms Panel website, http://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com.

New panelists get a paid trip to WDW in December, but as far as I know that's the extent of it.

I've been applying since 2009 as well. I made it to round 2 my first year and again last year.

I got all caught up in the Dis board and FB groups of Dis Mom hopefuls. Not this year. It was too much.

I'll apply again this year but it'll probably be my last time as we are not planning to again til 2018.

Oh my! I can't believe it's almost that time again. This year has gone by so quickly. Without a doubt, if it wasn't for everyone in this waiting room I would have lost my sanity last year. This room has the best chEARleaders ever!

I just wanted to stop by and say good luck and, if nothing else, always show your #DisneySide in your answers.

I've been applying since 2009 as well. I made it to round 2 my first year and again last year. I got all caught up in the Dis board and FB groups of Dis Mom hopefuls. Not this year. It was too much. I'll apply again this year but it'll probably be my last time as we are not planning to again til 2018.

My main outlet was/is Twitter. I joined DIS last year to get into this MP discussion, but I dropped off a bit when the application process really picked up steam. And I'm not on Facebook (think I'm the last holdout, lol).

Another bonus on Twitter was all the updates from Gary. And Twitter is so quick, it doesn't take a lot of time, unless you want it to. :)

I'll see how far I make it this year. If I don't at least match last year's effort, I may just stop there. Fingers crossed, though!

Good morning and thank you for joining in the wait room!

I've decided that this is the only forum which I'll be vocal. Not on Facebook or even at home. The folks at home have grown weary with the waiting process and seeing me fret, check e-mails and Tweets, maybe waiting for a 'like' from someone special or a 'follow'. I am really past that at this point and can only keep my fingers crossed that this might be the year, and if not, well then there's the future.

I've attended two 'meet and greets' with the panelists and those were a lot of fun and well hosted, might I add. This year, I am not attending because my husband is celebrating turning 50 on Halloween, so guess where we're going that week?

Some of the best people I know and communicate with today I have met through this application process, and I really look forward to making new friends here in this wait room.

A little about myself: I am a former band/art teacher who had to stay home to oversee my son's therapy, he's moderate-severely autistic. I have a daughter entering third year university, my husband is an Air-Traffic Controller at Toronto's Pearson International Airport. We love DCL and are still newbies at nine cruises (believe me, some folks have sailed over thirty) we now visit WDW bi-annually because of the gains my son makes. It was at WDW two years ago when he asked me for a kiss for the first time ever. Imagine that. Finally, we're getting ready for another DCL cruise throughout the Mediterranean on July 5.

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff here. What's going on with you all?
xx

Great! I'm very excited about this process.

This is sound, sound advice!

Grammar, nomenclature, accuracy. Believe me when I say that it's transparent if you write about something you've not experienced first hand. Don't do that, instead work around it honestly and write in a manner that lets your passion shine through. I'm fairly certain that if you're selected as a panelist, that there is some kind of training involved as well as immersive experiences to give you a first hand opportunity.

Last year, with new leadership, things changed a bit, communication through various social media outlets was greatly improved upon and a lot more fun. I'm interested to see what, if any changes will take place this year.

As the wonderful folks above stated, be yourself, watch your grammar and your nomenclature. But be yourself, not like anyone else.

Thoughts?

Hello, everyone!

Jackie, thanks for starting this thread! I'm looking forward to applying again this year. I can't remember exactly how many times I have before, but last year I made it to round 2 for the first time.

I grew up in FL and going to the parks as often as possible. Now I live in AZ, but fortunately going back to visit my family every year gives me a good excuse to go to WDW. And now I'm close to DL, so we get over there when we can too.

Pixie dust and luck to all of you! :goodvibes

Good morning and thank you for joining in the wait room! I've decided that this is the only forum which I'll be vocal. Not on Facebook or even at home. The folks at home have grown weary with the waiting process and seeing me fret, check e-mails and Tweets, maybe waiting for a 'like' from someone special or a 'follow'. I am really past that at this point and can only keep my fingers crossed that this might be the year, and if not, well then there's the future. I've attended two 'meet and greets' with the panelists and those were a lot of fun and well hosted, might I add. This year, I am not attending because my husband is celebrating turning 50 on Halloween, so guess where we're going that week? Some of the best people I know and communicate with today I have met through this application process, and I really look forward to making new friends here in this wait room. A little about myself: I am a former band/art teacher who had to stay home to oversee my son's therapy, he's moderate-severely autistic. I have a daughter entering third year university, my husband is an Air-Traffic Controller at Toronto's Pearson International Airport. We love DCL and are still newbies at nine cruises (believe me, some folks have sailed over thirty) we now visit WDW bi-annually because of the gains my son makes. It was at WDW two years ago when he asked me for a kiss for the first time ever. Imagine that. Finally, we're getting ready for another DCL cruise throughout the Mediterranean on July 5. Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff here. What's going on with you all? xx

What an amazing story! You must have been just over the moon when your son had his breakthrough. What do you think it is about Disney that draws him out like that?

Can't wait to try a DCL cruise one day. I've been on a couple of Carnival ones and really enjoyed them, but I bet I'd LOVE a Disney cruise!

About me: I'm a former-TV-producer-turned-PR-chick-turned-stay-at-home-mom. Hub still works at the TV station where we met (TV people marry each other a lot!), and we have a very active 4-year-old son. I grew up in FL (waves to DisneyMomLisa), about an hour away from WDW, and have visited more times than I can count. One of my MP answers last year was something like "I'm basically an everything-in-it's-place person, but I do enjoy my downtime, too, especially lounging by a sparkling pool at a fabulous WDW resort!"

Last year, with new leadership, things changed a bit, communication through various social media outlets was greatly improved upon and a lot more fun. I'm interested to see what, if any changes will take place this year. ?

This, this, this! Since I was a newbie last year I didn't experience the previous process, but I found Gary Buchanan to be a real gem! He shared lots of info, kept everything light and fun, and was always completely professional and respectful. He understands how nerve-wracking it can be, and did everything he could to help us enjoy the ride.

I've also been wondering about what he might do to change things up. There's no telling what's cooking inside that head of his, but I'm sure it will be a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter