Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Sorry. I guess I miss read the picture as a combo of both Coco and Encanto. The picture shows what looks like a dark ride building on the right which I thought was for Coco since the courtyard looked like something from that film.
The building in top right was implied to be the entrance to the Indiana Jones attraction (Current location of Dinosaur). Building on top left was implied to be Encanto attraction (Current location of Former Primeval Whirl Site) The rest is just generic Tropical Americas theme. Of course, it is blue sky concept art until they official confirm the attractions coming to the land, which will probably be next D23 :D

If you mean Pandora (which I wasn't excited about either) it is about conservation.

This is what Disney says is the mission behind Animal Kingdom ...

The idea behind Disney's Animal Kingdom was to have a place where we could celebrate the magic of nature, invigorate conservation efforts by caring for animals that were endangered in the wild, and educate guests on ways they could help support that mission.

Disney Parks AK
They put carnival games that give out cheap wasteful prizes in a park meant to invigorate conservation. They threw that mission out the door pretty early in Dinoland.

Sorry. I guess I miss read the picture as a combo of both Coco and Encanto. The picture shows what looks like a dark ride building on the right which I thought was for Coco since the courtyard looked like something from that film.
1694284283069.png

That building to the right below Dinosaur is the Restaurantasaurus.
The building between Dinosaur (Indiana Temple) and Encanto is Chester Hester Store.
The round at bottom would be the Triceratops Spin ride converted.
Since this is all not in scale, perhaps the Dinoyard survives.

A minor point but:

Is there still nothing planned for Stitch’s Great Escape?
IMG_8393.jpeg
My blue sky suggestion
So, nothing for DHS? I mean, they need to do something with the Beauty and the Beast show, Indy, and the entire Animation Courtyard. There is still so much wasted space/things in need of refreshes in that park.
Playing the loooong game in case we can ever get marvel east of the Mississippi

They put carnival games that give out cheap wasteful prizes in a park meant to invigorate conservation. They threw that mission out the door pretty early in Dinoland.
There are always things, product carts, kiosks, shops, restaurants, bars etc that are cash generating worked into all the parks themed to the area they are in. They are the necessary evil to the bottom line. And I know they had some story built in to this area to explain it's existence - I still hate it and don't think it belongs. But if we are going to bulldoze finally I'd like to see something more akin the mission of the park instead of just going for a successful movie with no regard to the mission.

So, nothing for DHS? I mean, they need to do something with the Beauty and the Beast show, Indy, and the entire Animation Courtyard. There is still so much wasted space/things in need of refreshes in that park.
Beauty and the Beast is OLD AS TIME! It is time for a new show!

Animation Courtyard teased Pixar years ago, maybe Monster Inc ride. Time to bulldoze and bring value to that area.

Indy, Backlot, Echo Lake and Star Tours need to go Marvel. FIGURE IT OUT DISNEY! Universal Hero Island is ready to switch over in a minute. Use Simpsons to push the move.

When you put popular attractions in a park without enough low key attractions you get the bottlenecks and long lines that they get. They have the ability and space to bring in more top tier attractions and make that the park it always had the potential to be.

I actually like the idea of Dinoland being replaced with "Tropical Americas" better than that Moana/Zootopia mishmash from last year. However, I think this new land should at least have enclosures for native animals like jaguars, tapirs, capybaras, native birds, native bats, etc. and have dinosaur elements, since there have been discoveries of dinosaurs/dinosaur fossils in Central and South America. They could even do a southeast expansion of said land in order to accommodate the things I suggested. Remember that they were "considering" Encanto and Indiana Jones for "Tropical Americas", meaning that they haven't been confirmed yet.
Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 12.54.36 PM.png

There are always things, product carts, kiosks, shops, restaurants, bars etc that are cash generating worked into all the parks themed to the area they are in. They are the necessary evil to the bottom line. And I know they had some story built in to this area to explain it's existence - I still hate it and don't think it belongs. But if we are going to bulldoze finally I'd like to see something more akin the mission of the park instead of just going for a successful movie regardless with no regard to the mission.
And now they have the opportunity to provide guests with an area of the world with unique environments and animals, while also utilizing IP based in that area that includes a character who communicates with animals to do something in line with mission.

Could also make the claim that in a park that’s meant to promote conservation, care for animals, nature and the world we live in, that an attraction that shows no matter how much you do to take care of the world we’re always at risk of being immediately taken out by some giant space rock, totally sells that. 🤣😂

Last edited:
. They could even do a southeast expansion of said land in order to accommodate the things I suggested. Remember that they were "considering" Encanto and Indiana Jones for "Tropical Americas", meaning that they haven't been confirmed yet.
View attachment 792449
They won’t build in that area under the current development agreement with RCID/CFTOD through 2032. That land is set aside for conservation.

IMG_2243.jpeg

IMG_2244.jpeg

Last edited:
Whatever they do to Dinoland, I just want Restaurantosaurus to survive in some way, I need somewhere to grab a quick, basic burger in AK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter