Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Has one seen a “Father’s Day treats” update post? Last year they had some cool treats around this weekend, I think they forgot with all the holiday stuff. 🤣 I checked the parks blog and didn’t see anything.

Has one seen a “Father’s Day treats” update post? Last year they had some cool treats around this weekend, I think they forgot with all the holiday stuff. 🤣 I checked the parks blog and didn’t see anything.

Treat Dad to Special Disney Parks Offerings this Father’s Day

Father's Day 2023
This weekend, we celebrate father figures across the globe, but sometimes, they can be hard to shop for. Here are some Disney Parks offerings to treat Dad with this Father’s Day!

Father’s Day​

Father’s Day is only 3 days away, occurring on Sunday, June 18. Are you planning on doing anything for the occasion?
Father's Day 2023

If Dad’s a Disney fan, consider offerings found within the Parks! Disney Eats took to Instagram today to share some ideas.
The post reads, “Happy (almost) Father’s Day! We’ve got some tasty ways to show your love to the special ones in your life this weekend. And what better way to celebrate than with food?”
Father's Day 2023

I’d have to agree! If you live near the Parks or are planning on visiting this weekend, here are some special offerings to keep in mind.

Special Disney Parks Offerings​

Father's Day 2023

• Finding Nemo Petit Cake at Amorette’s Patisserie at Disney Springs
  • Caramel Hazelnut ‘Mustache’ from Le Petit Café at Disney’s Riviera Resort
  • Hole in One at The Artist’s Palette at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Good’s Food to Go at Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Maple-Bacon-Bourbon Crème Brûlée at Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Father’s Day Bacon Brownie from Contempo Cafe at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Father’s Day BBQ Platter at Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue at EPCOT
  • Father’s Day Donut at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe at Disneyland park
  • Goofy & Max Souvenir Slushee Sipper at Good Boy Grocer’s at Disneyland park
Father's Day 2023

We love this list as it’s a celebration of Disney Resorts on both the East and West Coasts!
Father's Day 2023

Treat Dad to special Disney Parks offerings this Father’s Day!

Treat Dad to Special Disney Parks Offerings this Father’s Day

Father's Day 2023's Day 2023
This weekend, we celebrate father figures across the globe, but sometimes, they can be hard to shop for. Here are some Disney Parks offerings to treat Dad with this Father’s Day!

Father’s Day​

Father’s Day is only 3 days away, occurring on Sunday, June 18. Are you planning on doing anything for the occasion?

If Dad’s a Disney fan, consider offerings found within the Parks! Disney Eats took to Instagram today to share some ideas.
The post reads, “Happy (almost) Father’s Day! We’ve got some tasty ways to show your love to the special ones in your life this weekend. And what better way to celebrate than with food?”

I’d have to agree! If you live near the Parks or are planning on visiting this weekend, here are some special offerings to keep in mind.

Special Disney Parks Offerings​

We love this list as it’s a celebration of Disney Resorts on both the East and West Coasts!

Treat Dad to special Disney Parks offerings this Father’s Day!
omg I want that A Goofy Movie sipper!

Seeing all this Holiday stuff is making me regret changing our yearly WDW trip in Nov/Dec to an Aulani trip in Nov. I’m sure Aulani will be great with the holiday decorations but man, I love Disney at Xmas time. We will be back in Nov. 2024. I hope they keep the DHS party.

https://wdwnt.com/2023/06/sanaa-lounge-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-villas/

Sanaa Lounge Returns to Normal Operations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village

June 16, 2023
byShannen Michaelsen

Sanaa Lounge at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village has returned to normal operation after three years.
sanaa lounge 5258

Like the rest of Walt Disney World Resort, Sanaa Lounge closed in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Though it later reopened, as did the table-service Sanaa restaurant, the lounge has only allowed to-go ordering since. Tables and chairs were removed from the space.

sanaa lounge 5259

Tables and chairs have returned and guests can relax in the lounge again. Here, guests can enjoy a wide array of cocktails, as well as a few appetizers, including Sanaa’s famous Indian-style Bread Service, which we’re big fans of here at WDWNT.

I just used these new discounts to book rooms for upcoming Oct and Dec trips that we had booked at rack rates earlier this year. I was able to save several hundred dollars, keeping same resort, dates, and room type. Just an FYI though, if you are eligible for multiple discounts, price out all of them. The promos state "up to 35%" for both AP's and Disney+ subscribers, but the D+ rates were lower than the AP rates for the same rooms we were booking!
I called the next day at 7:00 a.m to see if I could have the discount applied to my trip already booked in December and I was told there were no discounts available that they were all used up. Staying at the Contemporary for 6 nights in a lake view room. Why do they make an offer like this and not make it available to everyone? I really feel cheated right now.

I called the next day at 7:00 a.m to see if I could have the discount applied to my trip already booked in December and I was told there were no discounts available that they were all used up. Staying at the Contemporary for 6 nights in a lake view room. Why do they make an offer like this and not make it available to everyone? I really feel cheated right now.
Why do you feel cheated, do you want to move your stay to a different resort? Some folks reported luck with cancelling and attempting to make a totally new reservation to get the discount. The point is to sell the rooms unsold. You are not the target... already booked rooms at popular resorts are not the target of this discount. The target are the resorts with rooms still available and that is why the discounts were limited.. I seem to remember that not all resorts were available, just very specific ones and the Contemporary listed as available for the only the 20% and 15% discounts. Once those available rooms get booked, there is no more discount. I went to look at the rates when it was announced and there was a que with a 20 minute wait just to get onto the booking site so lots of people were taking advantage.

Be happy, you are going to WDW at an amazing time of year.

Why do you feel cheated, do you want to move your stay to a different resort? Some folks reported luck with cancelling and attempting to make a totally new reservation to get the discount. The point is to sell the rooms unsold. You are not the target... already booked rooms at popular resorts are not the target of this discount. The target are the resorts with rooms still available and that is why the discounts were limited.. I seem to remember that not all resorts were available, just very specific ones and the Contemporary listed as available for the only the 20% and 15% discounts. Once those available rooms get booked, there is no more discount. I went to look at the rates when it was announced and there was a que with a 20 minute wait just to get onto the booking site so lots of people were taking advantage.

Be happy, you are going to WDW at an amazing time of year.
We go every December so I know it's an amazing time of year to go. I understand they're trying to book unsold rooms. I called to get the discount for an upgraded room. We have the lake view reserved and I would have loved to book the park view at the discount. I book our trips a year in advance and would love to get a discount. I'll just try waiting next year till they have an offer and if the room/resort I want isn't available we won't go.

Ii didn’t change existing ones into lower rates. I had to book new rooms and then cancel original ones. They did seem to go quickly.

https://wdwnt.com/2023/06/sanaa-lounge-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-villas/

Sanaa Lounge Returns to Normal Operations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village

June 16, 2023
byShannen Michaelsen

Sanaa Lounge at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village has returned to normal operation after three years.
sanaa lounge 5258

Like the rest of Walt Disney World Resort, Sanaa Lounge closed in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Though it later reopened, as did the table-service Sanaa restaurant, the lounge has only allowed to-go ordering since. Tables and chairs were removed from the space.

sanaa lounge 5259

Tables and chairs have returned and guests can relax in the lounge again. Here, guests can enjoy a wide array of cocktails, as well as a few appetizers, including Sanaa’s famous Indian-style Bread Service, which we’re big fans of here at WDWNT.
It has been open for a while this is not breaking news

New Details on Jollywood Nights, Frozen Holiday Surprise & Christmas Party Overlays

Jollywood nights is limited to only ten nights in its inaugural year. That’s not a lot and it will surely sell out. Disney wants the party to be a slam dunk hit and they know it will be. If it is, they said it could expand to more nights in future years. That being said, this party won’t be for everyone. The demographic Disney is aiming for is guests who can immerse into emotional and fun parties, not just witness the events around them and look for photo opportunities. It’s about stepping into different experiences.

Experiences include:

What’s This? Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas Sing-Along:
Disney is expecting four showings The show will be hosted by two performers who are Tim Burton fans, and they’ll be inviting guests to their secret basement to watch this show together in the secret cinema. The performers are waking from a dream state to take you on this wild ride, and we’re all going to have a nightmare dream. to happen during the party. Tom Vazzana, Creative Director for Disney Parks Live Entertainment, said, “Honestly, it’s going to like be Disney in Las Vegas feel.” The whole theater will transform. They’ll dress all the walls, change out the scenery, and light it all to bring this slightly darkly, delicious, surreal sing-along through Tim Burton’s mind to life.

The show will be an overview of the whole film but in a unique way. Guests will discover the beginning and see how it morphs and changes to the end. The sing-along songs include “What’s This?” and “Kidnap the Sandy Claws,” and it will snow if guests sing loud and strong enough. Jack Skellington and Oogie Boogie will even show up, but we won’t be able to meet them. If you want to meet Jack Skellington and Sally, they’ll still be over at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.

Tip Top Club: The Hollywood Tower Hotel was home to the Tip Top Club on the top floor. Guests aren’t able to visit it for obvious reasons, but during Disney Jollywood Nights, it will be recreated in the courtyard of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. The experience will be surreal, like one foot in 2023 and one foot in The Twilight Zone. There will be a ghostly band playing music from the 1920s and guests will wonder if they’re actually there or not. There will also be custom food and craft cocktails. The space will be limited-capacity, but Disney doesn’t expect they’ll need a waitlist.

The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge Piano Bar: An experience that will have a waitlist in place will be the piano bar inside the popular restaurant. This isn’t the first special event that’s utilized this space for extra entertainment, and Disney expects it to be very popular. This type of speakeasy party is something you’d only find in a big city like New York City. A singer and a pianist will be playing standards of the era from the ’20s, ’30s, ’40s, and ’50s.

Theater of the Stars with Kermit and Miss Piggy:
A huge announcement for the event was the show being hosted by Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy in the Theater of the Stars. It turns out this is going to be an all-singing, all-dancing holiday show that will rival Radio City Music Hall. Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will have a specialty number. Tiana is bringing jazz to the stage. Belle will finish out the show singing “As Long as There’s Christmas” from Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas.

Kermit and Miss Piggy will be guests throughout the entire show. They’ll physically be there – not just on a screen. Unfortunately, no other Muppets will be making an appearance. They’ll be joined by a 10-piece band, and it will feel like watching a television variety show. Disney expects three performances of the show each night.

Mickey Mouse & Gang at Animation Courtyard: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, and Pluto will all be meeting and greeting back in Animation Courtyard. However, it’s unlike anything they’ve done before, apparently. The characters will have new costumes and backdrops that won’t be offered anywhere else. The gang wrapped their holiday movie, and the studio cases will be opened with the backdrops inside of it. Pop culture, pop icons, and being really current describe the area.

1990s/2000s Characters at Echo Lake:
Echo Lake will be a throwback to the 1990s and early 2000s with Chip ‘n’ Dale Rescue Rangers, Powerline Max, and Phineas and Ferb. Each of the characters will have a special holiday overlay to their costumes. The backdrops to their meet and greets will be a Christmas tree. Each of them has created their own Christmas tree, and guests will see what they would put on their own trees.

Frozone Snow Zone at Pixar Plaza: Pixar Plaza will be the home to Edna Mode and Frozone in his Frozone Snow Zone. Yes, it will actually be snowing back in Pixar Plaza. There won’t be any other characters back in this area, and these are the only two characters that won’t have holiday overlays to their costumes. However, this area will have music, food, beverages, and remnants of 1950s pop-up cards.

Latin Festival at Commissary Lane: Commissary Lane is turning into a fiesta en la calle – a festival in the street. Festoon lights will be strung all over the area. Three different bands will be energizing the street with Latin music. There will be plenty of food and drinks. It is something that would only happen in South Beach, Miami, or a festival in a big city.

Hollywood Boulevard & Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!
We’ll end Disney Jollywood Nights updates with the beginning. Hollywood Boulevard will be the first part of the party you see as you enter. It will be known as ‘Welcome to Tinseltown.’ There will be a marquee there to take your photo with. Custom food and beverage offerings will be available up the street. DJs will be spinning holiday music, both classic and pop. It will be a true fa-la-la-la-la land. Along the street and in the courtyard in front of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is where you can end the night with Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, which will be the same show guests know and love from the pre-pandemic era.

Check out the rest of the article about the rest of the holiday offerings but the main new info is that Frozen Holiday Surprise will definitely replace the Dreamlights. Also, a lot of the holiday overlays are being removed from the MVMCP. Currently the only ones planned are Jingle Cruise and Space Mountain with just holiday music

D23 Extras – Select Evenings at Disney Jollywood Nights
November 27-29th, 2023

It’s a holiday vibe like you’ve never experienced before. Sights of sparkling décor, sounds of modern beats over classic holiday songs, tastes of craft cocktails and decadent dishes. It’s nostalgic and it’s glitz and glam galore. This is Disney Jollywood Nights—a new, separately ticketed event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort from 8:30 p.m.–12:30 a.m. on select nights from November 11 through December 20, 2023.

D23: The Official Disney Fan Club is excited to offer an exclusive D23 add-on experience during two nights of this special event which will include reserved viewing for the Jollywood Nights Nighttime Spectacular Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! More extras to be shared soon! You’ll be in fa la la la la land before you can say Tinseltown!

Access to this special experience will require admission to Disney Jollywood Nights on either Monday, November 27 or Wednesday, November 29, 2023. D23 will be sharing more instructions on how to reserve your access to this holly-jolly D23 experience very soon. This experience will have limited availability, so plan ahead to purchase your admission for Disney Jollywood Nights for either date. Tickets are valid only during specific event hours and are subject to availability. More information on Disney Jollywood Nights, including how to purchase your event tickets, can be found here.

New Details on Jollywood Nights, Frozen Holiday Surprise & Christmas Party Overlays

Tip Top Club: The Hollywood Tower Hotel was home to the Tip Top Club on the top floor. Guests aren’t able to visit it for obvious reasons, but during Disney Jollywood Nights, it will be recreated in the courtyard of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. The experience will be surreal, like one foot in 2023 and one foot in The Twilight Zone. There will be a ghostly band playing music from the 1920s and guests will wonder if they’re actually there or not. There will also be custom food and craft cocktails. The space will be limited-capacity, but Disney doesn’t expect they’ll need a waitlist.
I think this is going get changed, all I can think is Trader Sam's Grog Grotto. LOL I know the Tip Top would one of my 'Must Do's'

This Jollywood event sounds amazing. MVMCP does not really pull me, but this event sounds like a lot of fun for the more adult crowd. Interested in seeing how it goes this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter