Disney Magic Kingdoms

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll put my surplus items into Daisy’s Diner since my Dewey is only level 5. Currently enchanting to 2 and hopefully have enough to bring it to 3 tomorrow.

Herein lies the problem with the interns and their lack of though, and honestly complete incomplete. HOW THE 🤬 ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT EACH ENHANCEMENT ADDS TO AN ATTRACTION? Yes, I’m aware it’s probably on one of the games wikis, but it shouldn't be my responsibility to figure that out. Every building should have a button that shows a list of what gets added to each enhancement level they add. It’s inexcusable that they didn’t have that!

As much as I go after the developers and mock them with terms like interns, i also understand that they’re probably under an incredible amount of stress. I’m sure there under a lot of pressure to bring in more revenue by higher ups, and it’s forcing them to make changes to try to do that. The problem is, most of these changes make the game feel like a sinking ship. At this point I’m gonna see what the Nemo event has in store, but I have a strong feeling that I’m gonna be done with this game, before the event ends.
You know...the second you stop playing, all the land will open up, happiness will be restored and Hercules will finally become an event with a real boss battle with Hades. It falls under the truths of Murphy's Law. Sorry Mike..while benefiting others, that decision will haunt you for the rest of your days. This is the Hotel California of phone games...you can never leave....bwa ha ha....

I agree 100% on the tokens that can be received for enhancements. There needs to be a list that shows all level tokens before we waste valuable hard to get maps on enhancements that we may never use. That really should have been there from the beginning. I have not enhanced anything other than the Ferris Wheel that first time for fear that I may need to use those maps in the near future for an event or something similar. And yes, there is a sea of blue mouse head icons all over the place. I would also like a "turnoff" button for that too.

You know...the second you stop playing, all the land will open up, happiness will be restored and Hercules will finally become an event with a real boss battle with Hades. It falls under the truths of Murphy's Law. Sorry Mike..while benefiting others, that decision will haunt you for the rest of your days. This is the Hotel California of phone games...you can never leave....bwa ha ha....

:rotfl: Yeah, I don’t think it will haunt me at all and if everything you said happens I’d be helping everyone.

The funny thing is I enjoy the game best when we’re between events and TC. I can play at my pace and all’s well in the games world. I’d gladly start giving them a little $$$ if they’d cut the events to 4 times a year and make TC as a way to get new characters earlier. Of course that will never happen.

And lastly for tonight (I think...I had some serious caffeine just a little while ago) here are my current stats. If you guys get a chance, please list yours too. It helps me figure out where I am in the game.

Gramma T (aka the most worthless premium character ever) lv 9
Rajah lv 6
Shenzi lv 4
Banzai lv 5
Ed lv 4
Bunny lv 9
Forky lv 8
Scrooge lv 6
Huey lv 6
Dewey lv 6
Louie lv 6
Everyone else is done ( at least until the interns decide we should enhance them too). Eeek...what have I done ?!? I just jinxed us all....

:rotfl: Yeah, I don’t think it will haunt me at all and if everything you said happens I’d be helping everyone.

The funny thing is I enjoy the game best when we’re between events and TC. I can play at my pace and all’s well in the games world. I’d gladly start giving them a little $$$ if they’d cut the events to 4 times a year and make TC as a way to get new characters earlier. Of course that will never happen.
You never know, wasn't the Moana event back in April? I might be wrong, but I think we might have had 2 TC in that break. Maybe, just maybe, they read one of our email requests.

As much as I go after the developers and mock them with terms like interns, i also understand that they’re probably under an incredible amount of stress. I’m sure there under a lot of pressure to bring in more revenue by higher ups, and it’s forcing them to make changes to try to do that.
And while in no way a direct impact on gameplay, little things like the image below are just continual demonstrations of sloppy and rushed programming. At this point I truly hope that these idiots really are interns, because a professional programmer would/should have caught it before releasing the update. I mean really... they had us battling viruses for four days. When the hell was the last time we were fighting jeweled crabs??
If these idiots would put even a fraction of the attention they give to their pointless self-praising live streams into game play improvements, they might have something. Screenshot_20190802-084714_Kingdoms-768x432.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite line from the live stream...”we’re always looking for ways to add more land.” This was in reference to the future plans to square off some of the land borders.
Squaring off land and removing some of the outcroppings would actually be a huge help. Tired of having so much space between buildings that I cannot fix because there's a random cactus jetting out into the map, which prevents me from moving a building up a few boxes. This is one change I would welcome.

And yes, there is a sea of blue mouse head icons all over the place. I would also like a "turnoff" button for that too.
I'm with you there. Since the begging of the game, I would have loved a turnoff button for clicking on buildings that aren't occupied, and one for the land that isn't available yet. With the horrible lag I sometimes experience with gameplay, I can't imagine how many times I nearly clicked on finishing a building with gems for no reason. Or accidentally missed a building's magic bubble only to learn that the shaded land is coming soon. (ha... soon. that's a good one).

Working on leveling up Moana characters. I have been so money poor leveling up Jungle Book and Peter Pan characters. With only 1 building in storage, what else can I do to boost my magic? I collect a few times a day and have as many pretzel stands as I can fit in between attractions. Some characters are in storage. Been playing since almost the beginning so keep being surprised at how poor I am. Appreciate any advice.

Characters are Nemo, Marlin, Dory, Hank, Crush, Squirt and Bruce. I think Hank and Bruce are the premiums.
Three new attractions. It looks like the Nemo attractions will have to be enhanced.
There are new little blue portals that will generate more magic if you enhance the area. California Screamin is the first area. To enhance an area you have to meet a certain number of requirements, eg. set number of concessions of different types, decorations of different types, number of attractions in the area. With no new land to put all these decorations.
There are new wishes, highlighted in blue, that generate blueprints and chests. I think you have to enhance the area to grant these wishes.
They are planning to redesign the Tomorrowland area to square off the corners and remove obstacles to placing items in that land, but that's in an unspecified future update.
Just saw the following posted requirements on Reddit- I can’t fathom this setup:

If the livestream is the final count, we will need to have...
  • 12 Amenities (Benches/Lamps)
  • 13 Greenery (Plants)
  • 8 Scenery (Decorative)
  • 5 Monuments (Statues - PS. These are huge)
  • 2 Trophies
  • 40 Decorations Total Placed Permanently in the Zone
Not to mention...
  • 10 Food Concessions
  • 8 Hat Concessions
  • 5 Drink Concessions
  • 5 Souvenir Concessions
  • 28 Concessions Total Placed Permanently in the Zone

I will say I actually like the *concept* of giving a challenge/task and focus on setting up areas more like how a real themepark would with concesisons, and decoraitons and benches, etc. and am ok with the idea of enhacing areas to get extra bonuses, etc.

but, um, how the heck are we supposed to fit all that in one area? And even if we can it goes back to being like a puzzle to just to fit stuff and not about layout / design anymore so sort of defeats the purpose

So, guess I will wait to se ehow it actually functions but I fear this is another thing that is an ok "idea" but with poor execution

Squaring off land and removing some of the outcroppings would actually be a huge help. Tired of having so much space between buildings that I cannot fix because there's a random cactus jetting out into the map, which prevents me from moving a building up a few boxes. This is one change I would welcome.

fully agree - especially given the buildings are all squared off even if they don't need the corners to fit the actual structure - so having to fit squared off objects into non-squared off areas really grinds my gears ... so I do welcome this change from our robot overlords

It also feels like this thread has been much more inactive for the last week or two. Even the TC seemed less active than usual. Wonder if it’s because people are just giving up on the game, or playing much more casually now?
I have been playing more casually, that's why I haven't been very active on here.

I agree 100% on the tokens that can be received for enhancements. There needs to be a list that shows all level tokens before we waste valuable hard to get maps on enhancements that we may never use. That really should have been there from the beginning. I have not enhanced anything other than the Ferris Wheel that first time for fear that I may need to use those maps in the near future for an event or something similar. And yes, there is a sea of blue mouse head icons all over the place. I would also like a "turnoff" button for that too.
That drives me crazy! So I just enhance them to get rid of the icons.

And when that happens, you take them out of storage and remove the useless Moana and Princess & the Frog buildings from the game.

Shoot, I'm still working on my Moana characters! I know it's just my personal preference, but I don't like having to shuffle the buildings around. I'm trying to keep the things out that I personally like, and those that are useful to characters should a time actually come when they need them. Maybe next time we get land I'll devote a parcel to being a kind of revolving door for attractions. Right now I really like my layout.

Shoot, I'm still working on my Moana characters! I know it's just my personal preference, but I don't like having to shuffle the buildings around. I'm trying to keep the things out that I personally like, and those that are useful to characters should a time actually come when they need them. Maybe next time we get land I'll devote a parcel to being a kind of revolving door for attractions. Right now I really like my layout.

I am working on rearranging my kingdom some this morning to make room for Nemo building. I tend to use the right corner of the main area around California Screaming for event but getting more and more stuff put away for lack of space.

fully agree - especially given the buildings are all squared off even if they don't need the corners to fit the actual structure - so having to fit squared off objects into non-squared off areas really grinds my gears ... so I do welcome this change from our robot overlords
I agree that any added land is welcome. I’m nervous that they said this would happen 2 to 3 updates from now. That gives the interns a lot of time to realize they don’t know how to do it.

And lastly for tonight (I think...I had some serious caffeine just a little while ago) here are my current stats. If you guys get a chance, please list yours too. It helps me figure out where I am in the game.

Gramma T (aka the most worthless premium character ever) lv 9
Rajah lv 6
Shenzi lv 4
Banzai lv 5
Ed lv 4
Bunny lv 9
Forky lv 8
Scrooge lv 6
Huey lv 6
Dewey lv 6
Louie lv 6
Everyone else is done ( at least until the interns decide we should enhance them too). Eeek...what have I done ?!? I just jinxed us all....

Hei Hei currently leveling to 10
Moana - she’s going to 10 Next
Rajah lv 7
Shenzi lv 3
Banzai lv 5
Ed lv 7
Ducky ready for lvl 10
Bunny lv 8
Forky don’t have
Scrooge don’t have
Huey lv 6
Dewey lv 5
Louie lv 4

——————————————

I didn’t see it mentioned, but I watched the video posted of the livestream, and they will soon offer a new Haunted Mansion to celebrate the 50th of HM in DL. Current rendition is WDW version. New one is DL’s version.

Also, I agree with the reviews here of these new “enhancements.” They make the game a chore instead of adding to our enjoyment of the game.

To bring back some of the fun elements, I noticed several attraction animations while hunting around for those purple viruses.

I had never seen...
1) Park visitor dancing on the Genie Lamp Show stage. The genie hands on the sides dance, too. Really cute!
2) Park visitor pulling the rope on the Lost Boys Hideout. You can see Tinkerbell’s light trail flying around the tree! Magical!
3) Goofy’s Barnstormer airplane flying out of the barn and around the attraction...nostalgia..first “roller coaster” my children rode 9 yrs ago. Now they are thrill ride junkies!
4) Park visitor riding Slinky Dog Dash...a new favorite ride of mine in real life.

I find that my park visitors love visiting whichever attraction I place in the plot of land directly to the left of California Screamin’. Not the front plot where Mickey’s Fun Wheel was originally placed but the plot directly behind that plot that can fit about 4 attractions. Kind of in front of the Mickey Hot Air Balloon. The back left section of that small plot of land gets visitors regularly....although, I could never get the witch to come out from Snow White’s scary adventure when I placed it there...despite the interns telling us that was a possibility with that attraction.

Squaring off the edges and removing the go-between obstacles in Tomorrowland is gonna be awesome... I think we should be able to squeeze in an extra 5 or 6 rides in that land.

And they said in the stream that we will be able to enchant the new Nemo rides, so I think some of the new Nemo tokens are going to be locked behind the enchantment. Good thing I've been ignoring that aspect of the game so far, the only ride I enchanted is the Fun Wheel. So I have a whole pile of blueprints waiting to be used...

I have been playing more casually, that's why I haven't been very active on here.

Same here. Very, very casually in my case. I wanted to see if I could still get stuff if I wasn't tied to my phone. Well, the getting stuff isn't working so well, but I'm happier not feeling tied to the game. I only managed to get one of the ugly hyenas, and I am fine with that. Imagine... days without playing! It feels soooo good. :)

Same here. Very, very casually in my case. I wanted to see if I could still get stuff if I wasn't tied to my phone. Well, the getting stuff isn't working so well, but I'm happier not feeling tied to the game. I only managed to get one of the ugly hyenas, and I am fine with that. Imagine... days without playing! It feels soooo good. :)

I play comfortably casual as well. Only got one Hyena but that was fine and worked on my other toons etc. It is perfectly okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter