Disney Magic Kingdoms

Ursula and Triton have an 8 hour task together. After this is when you are able to start collecting the Kelp Flowers for Ariel. The Kelp Flower tasks are joint tasks - Sebastion & Flounder, Triton & Scuttle and then Prince Eric & Ursula. All of my TLM characters are at level 4 or higher, except Ursula who is still at Level 3. All of the joint tasks for the Kelp Flowers are 4 hours in length. At the same time the Kelp Flowers start, Sebastion and Flounder have individual tasks instead of being able to do the joint task.

Yeah, that one threw me when I woke up and saw that this morning. Is this the first time we’ve ever had characters have multiple jobs that collect the same? I wonder if the Sebastian and Flounder individual Kelp flower quest is a one time thing and there individual Kelp jobs will disappear when there quests are finished? My guess is they will, or otherwise it makes no sense to send them on 1 joint task when you can send them on two jobs and double your chances of collection Kelp flowers. :confused3

So I can only do one of those tasks since I don’t have flounder or Eric?

Sadly, that appears to be the case, unless the 2 individual Kelp missions stay, in which case you would have 2 job options. Really seems like some intern messed something up and made things much tougher, but still possible, for players who don’t buy premium characters. Have mixed feelings on this one. I think it’s unfair to players who don’t spend real cash and/or don’t have the gems to buy them with, but at the same time, I like the fact that they made premium characters more beneficial to those that did.

EDIT: Just thought about it some more and Eric and Flounder should have been a joint Kelp mission. That way those who didn’t buy them still have 2 Kelp jobs and those who bought the have 3 Kelp jobs.

EDIT: Just thought about it some more and Eric and Flounder should have been a joint Kelp mission. That way those who didn’t buy them still have 2 Kelp jobs and those who bought the have 3 Kelp jobs.

Because Eric and Flounder are not paired, it encourages people to obtain the premium characters. The more premiums you get, the more chances you have to find the flowers.

Buy neither premium character --> one job available at a time.
Buy one premium (either one) --> two jobs available at a time.
Buy both premium characters --> three jobs available at a time.

Well had a blonde moment (it's ok, I'm blonde so I can say that)...last night I was binge watching a show on Netflix waiting to send Ursula and Triton on their 8 hr. I guess I didn't hit the send button hard enough, so just now when I checked back in, expecting that long task to be over, they haven't even began yet. Now I have to wait 8 hrs to start collecting kelp. Oh well, guess it gives me more time to get Ursula up to lv 4. How are the kelp drops? Hopefully they aren't epic or legendary.

Because Eric and Flounder are not paired, it encourages people to obtain the premium characters. The more premiums you get, the more chances you have to find the flowers.

But both premium characters --> three jobs available at a time.
This was either a mistake by a overworked sleep deprived intern...or a genius intern who may have just been promoted to part time status for the additional revenue he just created for those who hadn't spent money on premium characters yet. You decide....

Buy both premium characters --> three jobs available at a time.

No, I understand there rationale and can understand it to an extent. I just think they are being “too unfair” with only 1 job instead of my suggestion and offering 2 jobs for those who didn’t. Like I said earlier, I do like the fact that premium characters have added benifits this event, though. Ideally, IMO, I would have had it so the 4 non premium characters had had 2 joint jobs and the 2 premium characters had individual kelp jobs.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think they have had this much of a discrepancy in an event before? If I didn’t have both of the premium characters, I’d be ticked off right now.

Well had a blonde moment (it's ok, I'm blonde so I can say that)...last night I was binge watching a show on Netflix waiting to send Ursula and Triton on their 8 hr. I guess I didn't hit the send button hard enough, so just now when I checked back in, expecting that long task to be over, they haven't even began yet. Now I have to wait 8 hrs to start collecting kelp. Oh well, guess it gives me more time to get Ursula up to lv 4. How are the kelp drops? Hopefully they aren't epic or legendary.

:rotfl:I almost did the same thing last night, but luckily I’m not blonde, so I didn’t. :rotfl:

I was also binge watching Netflix last night, the first season of The Good Place. Because it kept me up later than usually, I was able to level my Ursula to 3 before the 8 hour quest. Glad I did, because I woke up this morning and was lucky enough to collect all 3 shell necklaces I need for level 4. :thumbsup2

No, I understand there rationale and can understand it to an extent. I just think they are being “too unfair” with only 1 job instead of my suggestion and offering 2 jobs for those who didn’t. Like I said earlier, I do like the fact that premium characters have added benifits this event, though. Ideally, IMO, I would have had it so the 4 non premium characters had had 2 joint jobs and the 2 premium characters had individual kelp jobs.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think they have had this much of a discrepancy in an event before? If I didn’t have both of the premium characters, I’d be ticked off right now.
I love the idea of extra token possibilities for premium characters. I hope the interns take note of your idea.

I currently have 3 platinum chests in the 1st, 4th and 6th spot and it’s driving me crazy(ier) :rotfl:
Would love it if the game would let us rearrange our chests! I know it would be a small feature, but it’s something I’ve wanted for a long time. Anyone else think would be a good feature?

I currently have 3 platinum chests in the 1st, 4th and 6th spot and it’s driving me crazy(ier) :rotfl:
Would love it if the game would let us rearrange our chests! I know it would be a small feature, but it’s something I’ve wanted for a long time. Anyone else think would be a good feature?

Agree! I keep trying to arrange mine hoping they have updated it so we can do that. I also like to arrange my monetary bills in my wallet $20, $10, $5, etc. So it’s the same concept.

As an aside, I used to arrange my crayon boxes by “like” color and still arrange my clothing in my closet like that so....:rolleyes1

Me, too. It drives me crazy when it's all messed up. I've been really careful when collecting them, so now my 5 platinum chests are in the first 5 spots. It would be so easy for them to make it so we can move them where we want them. It helps me to not put the wrong thing up on the pedestal.

Agree! I keep trying to arrange mine hoping they have updated it so we can do that. I also like to arrange my monetary bills in my wallet $20, $10, $5, etc. So it’s the same concept.

As an aside, I used to arrange my crayon boxes by “like” color and still arrange my clothing in my closet like that so....:rolleyes1

Yep. Totally get it.

Should be able to welcome Ariel tonight or tomorrow morning if I am lucky with my drops. I have been super sick the past couple days and work has been slower so I've been really focused on playing! Fingers crossed that I get my last two drops! Does anyone know when Ariel's costume opens up?

Last edited:
Should be able to welcome Ariel tonight or tomorrow morning if I am lucky with my drops. I have been super sick the past couple days and work has been in the slower time of the season so I've been really focused on playing! Fingers crossed that I get my last two drops! Does anyone know when Ariel's costume opens up?

Wow! You're really ahead of me! Good job! I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

Skipped over welcoming Ariel with gems because I saw on the walkthrough on wiki that she has a quest for 8hrs after welcoming. She'll almost be done with the task when I wake up tomorrow. I'll let you guys know if it triggers her mermaid form if no one else knows by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter