Disney Magic for February 15, 2015-7night

Welcome Tracy! :goodvibes Hope this cruise is a big improvement over the last one!

Hello everyone

We have just booked to join you on this cruise! Our second on the Magic and we're soooo excited :-) We had 4 days in the Bahamas last year with my Dad and my brother and his family and enjoyed it so much we're all going again.

We would love to join a Fish Extender group: we are in cabin 2008 and it's my DH and I and DD age 11 and DS age 7 , no allergies or dislikes

My sister in law (Kelly B) will also join in I think she's in cabin 2006 with my brother and DD age 11 and DD age 7 , no allergies or dislikes

Grandad doesn't want to join in ;-) he was a bit bemused by it all last time!

Vicky J
UK

Hi Tracy
Welcome Aboard and happy to have you all as part of our group. I'm so sorry the last cruise was not so good, rest assured this one will be GREAT! Just putting good vibes out there:cool1:!
Will you be joining the Fish Extenders (FE) group?
Happy 4th to you as well
Tammy
Hi Tammy,
I had to do a bit of research before I said, "Yes." (As in Google-"what is a fish extender?") Yes, we would love to join the FE group. Our stateroom is 7514.
No allergies/dislikes from anyone in our family-one question: how much time in advance will we know the amount of gifts that we need to make? Just want to know so I can plan accordingly. THanks-and I hope I posted correctly!
Tracy

Welcome Tracy! :goodvibes Hope this cruise is a big improvement over the last one!
Thanks Stimpy-
I figured there's only room for improvement after our experience! We will be using a lot of that hand sanitizer and taking lots of vitamins the few weeks BEFORE the trip. I only wish I saw the humor of it then. :cheer2:
Tracy

Part 2 FE
as of today we have 9 staterooms confirmed
With 28 people total
16 adults and 12 children

Still waiting for a response from one tho

Hello everyone!! I'm very excited to be joining this cruise in February!! It is my very first cruise ever and my husband's first with Disney. I am hoping to participate with the fish extenders but CLEARLY I'm a newbie....how do I get started?! Thank you in advance!!!!:beach:

Welcome Vicky & Dori2011! Nice to have you :)

Belac, is it possible to maybe put a roll call in the first post of this thread? Not with very specific info but maybe DIS names, family info so we can get an idea of who we have here to reference? For example:

Stimpy: Self, DH, DS(15), DD(10)

I noticed there are several girls my DDs age. With this info, maybe somewhere down the line, they can plan to meet or something if there is interest. Or maybe the older kids may want to talk beforehand in their own group. It may help if someone has a shy kid to know they have a friend to look forward to in the kids club already.

I wouldn't mind compiling the list. It's would just be easier to find if it was in the first post or if there was a link to it there :)

Belac, is it possible to maybe put a roll call in the first post of this thread? Not with very specific info but maybe DIS names, family info so we can get an idea of who we have here to reference? For example:

I noticed there are several girls my DDs age. With this info, maybe somewhere down the line, they can plan to meet or something if there is interest. Or maybe the older kids may want to talk beforehand in their own group. It may help if someone has a shy kid to know they have a friend to look forward to in the kids club already.

I wouldn't mind compiling the list. It's would just be easier to find if it was in the first post or if there was a link to it there :)
I think this is a great idea. My DD would definitely be interested in talking to the other Edge aged girls before hand!

Another thing we have done in the past is combining with another family on the meet thread for dining, so that we weren't at a table by ourselves, but weren't sitting with total strangers either. It worked out really well for us the last time.

I think this is a great idea. My DD would definitely be interested in talking to the other Edge aged girls before hand! Another thing we have done in the past is combining with another family on the meet thread for dining, so that we weren't at a table by ourselves, but weren't sitting with total strangers either. It worked out really well for us the last time.

My DD will be one of those borderline Edge kids lol. She turns 11 in April after our cruise so she's hopeful they will let her move up. (But she's ok if they don't since this will be the first time in the club/lab since the redesign). DS was allowed when we did the Baltic a few years ago. He was 3 months shy when we went. He's actually more excited to be moving up to Vibe. He wasn't a big fan of Edge but I think it was just not his thing. Both trips we went, it seemed they focused on sport activities most of the time which he wasn't really interested in. If he didn't participate in the activities, there was no one in the club area which was dark & empty. Vibe seems much more laid back & open for him. My DD on the other hand is much more into active things so she will probably enjoy Edge much more!

I have started a new thread and will edit the first post as well in this Thread to add that link.
Start making pre cruise correspondence here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3301035

Being that there may be families here that will not want to join in and some that have specifically requested not to share information on the Board, I respectfully request that we do not post the general list here. I figured it best to have those that want to join in (all of you should have access to the FE lists) do so on a different thread. I will invite all in FE 1 to view FE 2 and vice-versa, if I haven't already.
I think that is the best way to make this happen. Also we have a FB page and there might be people on there as well, you may want to visit there as well. Again Please do not post links on FB to this or any other thread for our sailing, as my inbox got full of spam requests. Once all links were removed on FB I magically got no further Spam :thumbsup2.

Thanks for your understanding,
Tammy

PS I also asked IrishCowboy to make that new thread a sticky under this Meet thread so that may happen. Makes it easier to find that way.

My DD will be one of those borderline Edge kids lol. She turns 11 in April after our cruise so she's hopeful they will let her move up. (But she's ok if they don't since this will be the first time in the club/lab since the redesign). DS was allowed when we did the Baltic a few years ago. He was 3 months shy when we went. He's actually more excited to be moving up to Vibe. He wasn't a big fan of Edge but I think it was just not his thing. Both trips we went, it seemed they focused on sport activities most of the time which he wasn't really interested in. If he didn't participate in the activities, there was no one in the club area which was dark & empty. Vibe seems much more laid back & open for him. My DD on the other hand is much more into active things so she will probably enjoy Edge much more!

DD was in the Edge for our last cruise and was 7 months from turning 11. She loved it. She has never really enjoyed the kids clubs. Hopefully she will be allowed to move up. My DD will turn 11 before this cruise so she will definitely be in the Edge.

My kids are really shy to new people. So it will be nice to get know each others before. My oldest will be the age between Edge and Vibe. Since last cruise she got little sick and port adventure w/ family. She missed almost full two days from edge. And it was little hard to go back to re-join the group. So she is debating which one she might go this time...

Vicky and Kelly on on DIS. Well Vicky is and Kelly is her sis in law also on the cruise with her family. They are already set up on FE part 2:thumbsup2.
The others I do not know at all:confused3.

Hi Belac,
We might want to join the part 2 also. But not 100% sure yet. Can you remind/ announce before hit 20 cut off?
Waiting to see the SW price come out and hoping not as bad as Jet blue one.

Sure Misako, as soon as we get to 15 or so on that list I will ask for cut off number and then ask if any part one want to continue.

I know what you are saying about SW. All airlines do it so that leave almost no choice but to pay it.

Hi I'll be on the cruise in Feb. with my DH and 2 DDs, ages 4 and 7. Would like to do fish extender activity but have never cruised Disney before, and don't want to take on too much. Is there a limit to the number of gifts I'd need to make? Please advise!!! Thank you!!!

Hm, thanks so much for the info! Very helpful and sounds a bit overwhelming....how does everyone manage to pack all those gifts to hand out? I am going to think about it more.
thanks so much.
Marla

Hm, thanks so much for the info! Very helpful and sounds a bit overwhelming....how does everyone manage to pack all those gifts to hand out? I am going to think about it more.
thanks so much.
Marla

It not as bad as I thought, if you have small sized gifts, magnets etc... Most pack an extra suitcase to brim them. We usually need an extra suitcase from some shopping, souvenir cups and mementos we bring back. Now I have an excuse to actually take one :thumbsup2

Hi!
I finally got around to finding this group. We are on the cruise in February. We were originally supposed to cruise this summer, but had to reschedule. It will be our 3rd DCL cruise. We participated in the FE last time and would love to do it again. There are 4 of us, me, DH, DD (8 at sailing) and DS (3). Let me know what I need to do to become a part of the group. Looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter