Disney Magic for February 15, 2015-7night

I'm thinking of shipping it all, can't cost more than extra suitcase

did I add you? I have deleted all my PMs so I am not sure...let me know if I missed you! I get the emails on my phone from the PM list, so I usually add from my phone (thus the typos!). I think I am completely up to date as far as I can tell.

Cayla

Yup they are good, just checked they are members:stitch2:

Ok after the number of numbers I got on the final cutoff count average was 19.4 so I will round that up to 20. I will cut-off this list at 20 staterooms. Part I FE has 20 confirmed Staterooms the original google doc as always.

If anyone on Part I FE would like to go forward and keep giving let me know (some have already suggested so). I will be Keeping A Part II FE (also on Google Docs).
We are really early on and I would like to offer the opportunity to all.

As far as Part I of the FE it is CLOSED WE HAVE 20 SR

As far as cut-off for Part II I suggest (Sunday) January 4, 2015. That would be 6 weeks before our cruise, unless we have such interest that I have to start a Part III (you never know ;))

I hope this works for everyone.

If you would like to continue on and you are already enrolled in Part I, just let me know and I will put you on the Part II immediately.

Thanks everyone. I will update FB as well.
Tammy

Ok after the number of numbers I got on the final cutoff count average was 19.4 so I will round that up to 20. I will cut-off this list at 20 staterooms. Part I FE has 20 confirmed Staterooms the original google doc as always.

If anyone on Part I FE would like to go forward and keep giving let me know (some have already suggested so). I will be Keeping A Part II FE (also on Google Docs).
We are really early on and I would like to offer the opportunity to all.

As far as Part I of the FE it is CLOSED WE HAVE 20 SR

As far as cut-off for Part II I suggest (Sunday) January 4, 2015. That would be 6 weeks before our cruise, unless we have such interest that I have to start a Part III (you never know ;))

I hope this works for everyone.

If you would like to continue on and you are already enrolled in Part I, just let me know and I will put you on the Part II immediately.

Thanks everyone. I will update FB as well.
Tammy

Please put us on all the lists Bela!
Cayla

Hi everyone,

We booked this cruise a while back. It's our 8th DCL cruise :goodvibes All but one have been on the Magic...our favorite ship! (One trip on the Wonder)

I requested to join the FB page today (Kimberly). We are from NY. It's myself, DH, DS who will be 15 when we travel & DD 10. Last time we did this itinerary, DD turned 1 on the ship so it will be a new experience!

Looking forward to comparing notes with you all!

Hi Kimberly
Welcome Aboard! If you haven't read the thread we have organized an FE already. There are two parts to the FE thus far. Part one has closed but, Part two is taking on members. Please let me know if you want to be part of Part Two FE list.
We are hoping this will be a great cruise too. It is me, DH, and DS 7. We are happy to get out of the cold that week after this terrible winter.

Slowly but moving forward with the planing ... Booked the hotel for before the cruise. I need suggestions, should we rent a car to go port ,reserve shuttle or other ideas?? We are family of 5.

We are doing shuttle from MCO, staying at Hyatt. I didn't want to worry about transportation.

Slowly but moving forward with the planing ... Booked the hotel for before the cruise. I need suggestions, should we rent a car to go port ,reserve shuttle or other ideas?? We are family of 5.

We have done several ways

- Shuttle from MCO by Disney cruise line - about $70 per person
- Driving down - parking at Port Canaveral - $15 a day or $120 for 7-night cruise
- Rental Car (Avis) - pick up at MCO/Avis - one way -- Free Shuttle from Avis to Port - cost of rental - we have gotten one for about $50

We prefer renting a car - we can set our own schedule and get to the port much earlier than the shuttles and cheaper too.

Have Fun planning!!

Returning from port to MCO, diffinally shuttle for sure. :thumbsup2 To port, We decided to visit Hogwarts :stir: day before the cruise ( Oldest request) So We are staying at hotel in WDW. Rental might be to good way to go. :drive: a lot to think about...

I found this on cruise critic:
Your best bets are Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Avis and Enterprise. (these are in order as closest to the port)

With that said get a car from MCO from the agencies above that all have shuttle back to port.
From what I understand you bring luggage to port (I think 10am they open) then car back to rental agency then they will shuttle you back to port free of charge for shuttle.

Always keep your rental agreement with you, the one where you sign for the daily charge, take photos of the car and the fuel gage, when you pick up and drop off. If you can, get the time and date stamp on photo to show up.

My friend was charged way over the daily rate that was agreed to, fuel charge, and a scratch that she never noticed when she picked up the car.
Some MCO rental lots are very dark if you pick late, so no way of noticing little scratches.
Well if she had papers when she dropped off she may have noticed the up charge rate at least instead of fighting with them after. Again if she had taken photos with a flash even at night that scratch would have come up in the photo.

I rented at PBI recently and at night of course so I remembered the photos and I took them at night and got a few scratches that showed up in photos, that we wouldn't notice. Luckily the rental agency already had them marked in computer so there was no issue but if we hadn't taken photos and a clerk forgot to note it in computer they could have blamed us.
A little hassle at the beginning can save you a headache later, besides when you get to port you don't want to spend all that time at rental agency just drop and go since you have proof in photos in case they ever charge you. ;)

We've always rented a car from Budget at MCO without a problem. We fly in the night before, pick up the car, stay at the Country Inn & Suites, return car and they shuttle us to port. We've also had DH drop off myself, kids and the luggage at the port first & then he would return the car and take the shuttle himself. It depends on how crowded the office is when we get there in the morning.

On return, we rent another car and return it to the airport. Very easy :)

On my two previous cruises I've used Hertz for one-way rentals to and from port. I'm reserved with Hertz again for this upcoming cruise.

The Hertz office is right next door to Country Inn and Suites and the Residence Inn. It's close for making a drive to the ship, dropping off family and luggage, returning the vehicle, and then taking their van back to the ship.

Having a car provides some nice flexibility especially if you're staying a night before sailing.

Just booked a 1br at BCV for the two nights before the cruise. We had points left over for this year so why not? :cool1: Now hopefully the weather will not be a repeat of this past winter!

We are doing Hyatt MCO for 2 nights, along with 3 other families before. not taking any chances in the winter. Also good to get our carry ons all stocked up :drinking1

Hi-
Just wanted to say a quick "hello," before my children get up from their nap!

I am excited to join you all on this cruise because my only other experience with a Disney Cruise was a catastrophe (I was 4 months pregnant and got strep throat, and the remaining family members got what I refer to as the plague). Let's just say that we had a reenactment of the Monsters Inc scene with the haz mat crew at our dinner table. Bleechhh.

So fingers crossed, this trip will be much more enjoyable. We are making the trek from Northern California for my President's Week vacation (I teach middle school-so I can't miss school days).

My husband, Greg, and I are traveling with our two kiddos, Aurelia (Lia) will be 5.5, and Sawyer will be 3.5. We are hoping to meet up with some of you-the more the merrier (and the busier the kids!)

Happy 4th!
Tracy

Hi-
Just wanted to say a quick "hello," before my children get up from their nap!

I am excited to join you all on this cruise because my only other experience with a Disney Cruise was a catastrophe (I was 4 months pregnant and got strep throat, and the remaining family members got what I refer to as the plague). Let's just say that we had a reenactment of the Monsters Inc scene with the haz mat crew at our dinner table. Bleechhh.

So fingers crossed, this trip will be much more enjoyable. We are making the trek from Northern California for my President's Week vacation (I teach middle school-so I can't miss school days).

My husband, Greg, and I are traveling with our two kiddos, Aurelia (Lia) will be 5.5, and Sawyer will be 3.5. We are hoping to meet up with some of you-the more the merrier (and the busier the kids!)

Happy 4th!
Tracy

Hi Tracy
Welcome Aboard and happy to have you all as part of our group. I'm so sorry the last cruise was not so good, rest assured this one will be GREAT! Just putting good vibes out there:cool1:!
Will you be joining the Fish Extenders (FE) group?
Happy 4th to you as well
Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter