Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry about that every year! Good luck getting gift cards for your cruise :). I'm planning a cruise too but I don't want to pay DCL prices even with 20% off!

Just wondering what cruise line your going to use? I have my heart set on the Alaska one with DCL but
in the future will be looking at others. I would love to go Europe or somewhere overseas. Looking for
a family line recommendation or any line you have enjoyed.

No i missed your post with your link. Now i have seen it. This is amazing the way you are saving.
With my luck by the time December rolls around they might stop the buying gift cards with cards.:guilty:

My dream is to go on the DCL Alaska cruise> I have to get the price lower though so i try to get the gift
cards when i can.

Thx for your tips.:-)
We're doing DCL Alaska this summer. No way would I be doing it but for Disboards. I learned lots of gift card tricks here, learned to use swagbucks (paying for excursions), learned about credit cards (points paying for flights and hotels), and learned about Costco travel (8% cash card plus 2% back for executive members). There is no way on earth I would have figured this out without disboards. This trip for our family of three would probably have cost about $9,000 but I'm closer to $4,000 out-of-pocket with everything I learned here.

Thank you for this ! It gives me hope. I'm hoping for next summer if not then summer 2020. I have
flights hotel covered but not the full amount of cruise. I refuse to take out of savings or use credit card.

In a nutshell can you give me your best tips for swagbucks. I read the thread and it was confusing. How
are you paying for excursions with SB? I think i might sign up just to save for excursions. Once i pay for
the cruise....ugh the excursion prices!!!!

I can't wait for your trip report!!!

Thank you for this ! It gives me hope. I'm hoping for next summer if not then summer 2020. I have
flights hotel covered but not the full amount of cruise. I refuse to take out of savings or use credit card.

In a nutshell can you give me your best tips for swagbucks. I read the thread and it was confusing. How
are you paying for excursions with SB? I think i might sign up just to save for excursions. Once i pay for
the cruise....ugh the excursion prices!!!!

I can't wait for your trip report!!!
I just mean I make about $1200 a year from Swagbucks and earmark that money for excursions. I mainly cash out for paypal "gift cards." Everyday I:
1) Run the 5 mobile apps (for some reason I can't get the 6th one)
2) Run ncraves
3) Play swagasaurus run
4) Search until I get points at least once but I try to do more
5) Do gold and peanut lab surveys (since August in addition to the little surveys I've had one $40 survey, two $50 surveys, and one survey which earned me a $75 amazon gift card). I average > $40 / month from surveys.
In addition I sometimes do money maker deals (e.g., but a $10 conditioner, get 1500 swagbucks).

Also, I booked my excursions myself. In Ketchikan I booked a floatplane to Misty Fjords. If I paid in advance I got 15% off so it was about $200/person for a longer excursion than Disney charges almost $300 for. I also booked whale watching in Juneau independently. Not a huge savings, but it will just be us on the boat. And I wanted to do White Pass Rail in Skagway but got some great advice from @pillow so I'm going to rent a car from Avis and drive the Klondike highway. More flexibility and I will probably save about $200 vs. the Disney excursion.

I just mean I make about $1200 a year from Swagbucks and earmark that money for excursions. I mainly cash out for paypal "gift cards." Everyday I:
1) Run the 5 mobile apps (for some reason I can't get the 6th one)
2) Run ncraves
3) Play swagasaurus run
4) Search until I get points at least once but I try to do more
5) Do gold and peanut lab surveys (since August in addition to the little surveys I've had one $40 survey, two $50 surveys, and one survey which earned me a $75 amazon gift card). I average > $40 / month from surveys.
In addition I sometimes do money maker deals (e.g., but a $10 conditioner, get 1500 swagbucks).

Also, I booked my excursions myself. In Ketchikan I booked a floatplane to Misty Fjords. If I paid in advance I got 15% off so it was about $200/person for a longer excursion than Disney charges almost $300 for. I also booked whale watching in Juneau independently. Not a huge savings, but it will just be us on the boat. And I wanted to do White Pass Rail in Skagway but got some great advice from @pillow so I'm going to rent a car from Avis and drive the Klondike highway. More flexibility and I will probably save about $200 vs. the Disney excursion.

Woohoo ! Great tips! I'm going to get started. EVERY BIT COUNTS.

Just wondering what cruise line your going to use? I have my heart set on the Alaska one with DCL but
in the future will be looking at others. I would love to go Europe or somewhere overseas. Looking for
We are still deciding. I think we are going to do a transatlantic repositioning trip from Florida to Europe this spring or back from Europe in the fall. We have airline miles for airfare. We're looking at about $1,600 - $2,500 for a 12-15 day trip including port fees. I'm not brand loyal, so I'm looking at NCL, RCL and Celebrity right now. I am also looking at a cruise to Cuba before my follow Americans wreck it all. A 5-Day in May on RCL is less than $1000.

Has anyone tried to buy any gift cards (with gift cards) at Best Buy since Feb 1? Or did we all spook and swap them already?

We're doing DCL Alaska this summer. No way would I be doing it but for Disboards. I learned lots of gift card tricks here, learned to use swagbucks (paying for excursions), learned about credit cards (points paying for flights and hotels), and learned about Costco travel (8% cash card plus 2% back for executive members). There is no way on earth I would have figured this out without disboards. This trip for our family of three would probably have cost about $9,000 but I'm closer to $4,000 out-of-pocket with everything I learned here.
Wowza!!! #Goals :worship:

Did something change that would make this not work anymore?
Someone had posted that a Best Buy store employee stated that the option to purchase Disney gift cards with BB gift cards was being discontinued. That information, so far, has not proven to be accurate.

I was told the same thing by a BB employee, but the transaction went through, without any problems.

I tried purchasing a single $25 disney gift card in a Best Buy store and was told NO gift cards can be purchased with Best Buy gift cards.

Try a different store. You are allowed to buy gift cards with gift cards as long as they are not the "open" loop gift cards such as visa or other best buy gift cards. http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Store-Purchase/Best-Buy-gift-cards/td-p/1077002

Not sure anythings changed haven't seen any kind of update to there terms.

Only time I have bought them there as been with they have the cashstar deals but never had a problem. Not even a question about it.

Has anyone tried to buy any gift cards (with gift cards) at Best Buy since Feb 1? Or did we all spook and swap them already?

I've run a total of $2K through BB from 2/3 - 2/5 (today) in 5 separate transactions of $400 each, using both electronic and plastic gift cards. All Disney variable load cards were purchased. No issues. In fact, on one of my transactions, a new cashier actually yelled over to the store manager (who happened to be very near the register) asking if the Disney cards could be purchased with BB cards and the manage quickly replied, "yes, it's no problem".

Did something change that would make this not work anymore?

I tried purchasing a single $25 disney gift card in a Best Buy store and was told NO gift cards can be purchased with Best Buy gift cards.

Someone had posted that a Best Buy store employee stated that the option to purchase Disney gift cards with BB gift cards was being discontinued. That information, so far, has not proven to be accurate.

I was told the same thing by a BB employee, but the transaction went through, without any problems.

Try a different store. You are allowed to buy gift cards with gift cards as long as they are not the "open" loop gift cards such as visa or other best buy gift cards. http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Store-Purchase/Best-Buy-gift-cards/td-p/1077002

Not sure anythings changed haven't seen any kind of update to there terms.

Only time I have bought them there as been with they have the cashstar deals but never had a problem. Not even a question about it.

I just bought a few GCs at BB yesterday with a BB giftcard and had no issues. Cashier didn't even bat an eye.

I bought a variable load Disney GC (put 100 bucks on it) with 2 $50 Best Buy GCs I got from Raise last year. I had no problems at all, the cashier was very friendly, etc... Same story at Target though there I bought 400 bucks worth of Disney with 400 bucks of Target GCs. I wrote down one of the access codes wrong (had 4 Target egift cards) and the cashier was super patient and helpful while I tried bring up the right code. The others behind me weren't too happy though and I felt bad about the wait I was causing. I went to stores in Colorado Springs.

We did three DCL cruises from Florida and loved them, but when we decided to try Europe, we just could not justify the cost difference. We went on NCL Epic and loved it and while Disney is great we would never go back now. I just can’t justify the cost difference. Somewhere on these boards is a long post I did when we got back comparing our experiences — expressing my ambivalence moving on from Disney but my happiness at finding a great alternative for less than half the price. I was worried that moving on from Disney would be hard but since that Epic cruise we have done the Baltics, the Adriatic, and Norway/Iceland, all on NCL for many thousands less. For port intensive cruises especially there is just no reason for us to pay the premium for Disney. We couldn’t have done any of this at Disney prices. On the Iceland cruise we got an aft mini suite balcony cabin on a 14 day for about 40 percent was Disney wanted for a shorter cruise in a less desirable location regular verandah. I’m good with points and Disney gift cards but I couldn’t come close to bridging that gap.

This year, it’s going to be Australia /New Zealand with RCI. NCL was our top choice but we couldn’t make the dates work.

There’s other fish in the sea for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter